A new film about Michael Jackson

I decided to be part of this community because I love Michael Jackson, his art and his legacy. I thought I will find here a group of nice people, in love with him and his legacy as I am (legacy meaning kindness, generosity and charity - Michael's values). I realize this is a bunch of complexed people (with some exceptions, I must say), maybe unrealized in their lives and jobs - keyboard lions hidden behind their anonymity - envious, jealous and cruel, judging things and people they don't know and don't understand, with hatred and ugly words. It comes to my mind Galilei and his judge: the world and the History remembers Galilei, but nobody remembers his judge's name. I think Michael wouldn't like most of you. He was not like that. You are flattering the Estate for what reason? I understand DJs Doodles who has to imitate Michael (I wonder with how much success) for a living and maybe he needs the Estate's approval, but the rest of you? Do you think the Estate know you exist? if I were them, I would be ashamed of such supporters, they deserve better. You made of a small film of some unknown European independent filmmaker a State problem. It's laughable. Come to your senses, folks and try to embrace Michael's values, if you can.
There is no need to be so aggressive about constructive criticism that many have given the film. Insulting your work and effort is totally wrong, but I would say you can also be understanding when people say the film looks technically substandard from the trailer.

I understand DJs Doodles who has to imitate Michael (I wonder with how much success) for a living
(A lot of the time, my own sense of fashion is inspired by Michael, although I am not imitating him per se).
I said that I'm not imitating him. My personal style is just very inspired by him. And honestly, I would not be an MJ impersonator for a living, if I'm being honest with you. 💀 I also do not make a profit off of my personal projects. Majority of them aren't even posted anywhere. I create my own projects mostly for my own entertainment and fun, as a hobby only. Even for the projects I have posted about in my life, I at least accept all perspectives regarding them, while also acknowledging the hard work I put into them. You can do both, y'know.

envious, jealous and cruel, judging things and people they don't know and don't understand, with hatred and ugly words.
Believe me. After seeing that trailer, I don't think we're jealous of anything we've seen. 💀

Also, maybe accept that this film may also not appeal to everyone. :confused: As good as this film's intentions are, there are still many fatal flaws in its trailer (@Saka21 also pointed out some extra things that I didn't even notice, and their criticism is very justifiable and constructive).

Even the official, authorized biopic coming out next year will definitely not appease everyone, no matter how accurate they will make it be. Just because we're not fans of the trailer or have no interest in seeing the film itself doesn't make us deliberately awful people. Just humans with their own opinions and perspectives.

I just did it.
I said that I'm not imitating him. My personal style is just very inspired by him. And honestly, I would not be an MJ impersonator for a living, if I'm being honest with you. 💀 I also do not make a profit off of my personal projects. Majority of them aren't even posted anywhere. I create my own projects mostly for my own entertainment and fun, as a hobby only. Even for the projects I have posted about in my life, I at least accept all perspectives regarding them, while also acknowledging the hard work I put into them. You can do both, y'know.

Believe me. After seeing that trailer, I don't think we're jealous of anything we've seen. 💀

Also, maybe accept that this film may also not appeal to everyone. :confused: As good as this film's intentions are, there are still many fatal flaws in its trailer (@Saka21 also pointed out some extra things that I didn't even notice, and their criticism is very justifiable and constructive).

Even the official, authorized biopic coming out next year will definitely not appease everyone, no matter how accurate they will make it be. Just because we're not fans of the trailer or have no interest in seeing the film itself doesn't make us deliberately awful people. Just humans with their own opinions and perspectives.
There is no need to be so aggressive about constructive criticism that many have given the film. Insulting your work and effort is totally wrong, but I would say you can also be understanding when people say the film looks technically substandard from the trailer.
It is not my work, I only respect and defend someone's effort to do right about Michael and I think it is a very original point of view to show his spirituality. When I read the first time, I think back in February that a film about his spirituality will be made, I was glad. I didn't see the film (yet), so I cannot express an opinion, but I appreciate the fact that somebody spent his time, energy and money to show something so positive about Michael like his faith in God. That's all.

I decided to be part of this community because I love Michael Jackson, his art and his legacy. I thought I will find here a group of nice people, in love with him and his legacy as I am (legacy meaning kindness, generosity and charity - Michael's values). I realize this is a bunch of complexed people (with some exceptions, I must say), maybe unrealized in their lives and jobs - keyboard lions hidden behind their anonymity - envious, jealous and cruel, judging things and people they don't know and don't understand, with hatred and ugly words. It comes to my mind Galilei and his judge: the world and the History remembers Galilei, but nobody remembers his judge's name. I think Michael wouldn't like most of you. He was not like that. You are flattering the Estate for what reason? I understand DJs Doodles who has to imitate Michael (I wonder with how much success) for a living and maybe he needs the Estate's approval, but the rest of you? Do you think the Estate know you exist? if I were them, I would be ashamed of such supporters, they deserve better. You made of a small film of some unknown European independent filmmaker a State problem. It's laughable. Come to your senses, folks and try to embrace Michael's values, if you can.
Honestly, being a fan doesn't mean that we have to blindly love everything that is in some way related to MJ.
Michael was always a perfectionist so I think when people try and portray him the standards should be high as well, and this has nothing to do with love for the estate, most people on this website are pretty critical of what the estate is doing because we believe Michael deserves better attention and care when it comes to preserving his legacy.

If you enjoy this movie then good for you, but the rest of us doesn't have to pretend that it looks amazing when we think the opposite.

Last edited:

It's a question of style. We can express negative thoughts with elegance. To see this poor film judged and condemned to death by you, dear DJs Doodles, before having seen it, saddens me. I think you have no friends and I'm sorry for you. By your own admission the majority of your creations "aren't even posted anywhere". You create your own projects mostly for your "own entertainment and fun" but you pretend that you "accept all perspectives" etc. Why don't you show us at least one of your projects, so we can have an idea and offer a "perspective"? In this way we will see if you are entitled to judge and destroy so vehemently other people's projects. It's a proof of mental grace. Thank you.

It's a question of style. We can express negative thoughts with elegance. To see this poor film judged and condemned to death by you, dear DJs Doodles, before having seen it, saddens me. I think you have no friends and I'm sorry for you. By your own admission the majority of your creations "aren't even posted anywhere". You create your own projects mostly for your "own entertainment and fun" but you pretend that you "accept all perspectives" etc. Why don't you show us at least one of your projects, so we can have an idea and offer a "perspective"? In this way we will see if you are entitled to judge and destroy so vehemently other people's projects. It's a proof of mental grace. Thank you.
That's not how real life works. If someone thinks something looks terrible, they say "that looks terrible." People can agree with them, or disagree. Then life goes on. Just because you are super sensitive about it doesn't make you right.

Me, I laughed several times watching this trailer. Admittedly MJ and spirituality sounded interesting but that trailer.... Christ above, it looks awful.

Last edited:
That's not how real life works. If someone things something looks terrible, they say "that looks terrible." People can agree with them, or disagree. Then life goes on. Just because you are super sensitive about it doesn't make you right.

Me, I laughed several times watching this trailer. Admittedly MJ and spirituality sounded interesting but that trailer.... Christ above, it looks awful.
Trailer was so bad it makes Flex Alexander's MITM look like The Shawshank Redemption...

I think you have no friends and I'm sorry for you.
Wow. Personally attacking me instead of actually addressing the topic?? Especially with a comment like this, that is actually really pathetic and immature. 😐

You have no right to comment on my personal life when you barely even know anything about me, other than that I have an opinion you disagree with and are being extremely sensitive about it. You're hearing us, but you're not listening (or, in this case, reading us).

Also, I think you'd be very sad to know that I actually do have friends, both online and in real life. And I really value my friendships and they are one of the most important things to me. So, sucks for you!

By your own admission the majority of your creations "aren't even posted anywhere". You create your own projects mostly for your "own entertainment and fun" but you pretend that you "accept all perspectives" etc.
Yes, I did say that. Meaning that if I did share them with the world, I would like to hear perspectives from all angles. With CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.

I also keep a lot of things under wraps so that I can learn from my own creations and make things better. Once again, you're not reading things thoroughly and are just making assumptions. I'm also not and have never said that I can do better than the trailer. At least I can recognize flaws in my own work instead of pretending like it's going to be the greatest project in the world.

By the way, instead of accepting and listening to people's (perfectly justified) criticisms of the trailer, you're making comments such as "Michael wouldn't like most of you," and "You probably have no friends." You rely on pathetic ad hominems to make yourself feel like you're in the right and make us feel like we're all in the wrong. And all over a substandard movie trailer. 💀 Of course, not something I haven't seen before, but still pathetic nonetheless.

Honestly, being a fan doesn't mean that we have to blindly love everything that is in some way related to MJ.
Michael was always a perfectionist so I think when people try and portray him the standards should be high as well, and this has nothing to do with love for the estate, most people on this website are pretty critical of what the estate is doing because we believe Michael deserves better attention and care when it comes to preserving his legacy.

If you enjoy this movie then good for you, but the rest of us doesn't have to pretend that it looks amazing when we think the opposite.
Also, this was very perfectly said. Thank you @alexbism !

Wow. Personally attacking me instead of actually addressing the topic?? Especially with a comment like this, that is actually really pathetic and immature. 😐

You have no right to comment on my personal life when you barely even know anything about me, other than that I have an opinion you disagree with and are being extremely sensitive about it. You're hearing us, but you're not listening (or, in this case, reading us).

Also, I think you'd be very sad to know that I actually do have friends, both online and in real life. And I really value my friendships and they are one of the most important things to me. So, sucks for you!

Yes, I did say that. Meaning that if I did share them with the world, I would like to hear perspectives from all angles. With CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.

I also keep a lot of things under wraps so that I can learn from my own creations and make things better. Once again, you're not reading things thoroughly and are just making assumptions. I'm also not and have never said that I can do better than the trailer. At least I can recognize flaws in my own work instead of pretending like it's going to be the greatest project in the world.

By the way, instead of accepting and listening to people's (perfectly justified) criticisms of the trailer, you're making comments such as "Michael wouldn't like most of you," and "You probably have no friends." You rely on pathetic ad hominems to make yourself feel like you're in the right and make us feel like we're all in the wrong. And all over a substandard movie trailer. 💀 Of course, not something I haven't seen before, but still pathetic nonetheless.

Also, this was very perfectly said. Thank you @alexbism !
OK;

I've lost interest in this thing
Same.

From now on, I refuse to engage with this thread anymore. I have no energy to continue being battered and personally attacked over such a trivial matter and to just keep going back and forth with no meaningful results.

Sadly though, the tweet for me isn't loading right now. Damn Internet. 💀

Same.

From now on, I refuse to engage with this thread anymore. I have no energy to continue being battered and personally attacked over such a trivial matter and to just keep going back and forth with no meaningful results.

Sadly though, the tweet for me isn't loading right now. Damn Internet. 💀
Oh, it was info re the guy playing Michael. I'll see if I can re-post it. If you're gone from the thread you most likely won't see it but I'll do it anyway.

I wish them well with their project but, as things stand, I can't see myself taking much interest in this.

"From the director of the upcoming move ‘Gift from God’ regarding the actor portraying Michael - “In the short film we cast a natural black actor for the lead role of Michael Jackson.”

GL7Iwf5WsAAjE-k

Back