A theory; The estate is holding off on releasing remasters of the music videos because of LN?

Personally speaking, I don't see why there is such high demand for remaster of the music videos. Maybe I say that, because I have never been that obsessed with graphics and quality of the video. It doesn't make much difference to me if the video is in 480p or 720p. I rather get some unreleased songs, unreleased rehearsals footage before remaster of the music videos.

I feel the same way about remastering of music videos! I couldn't care less about it!

I'm getting tired seeing threads about the estate. we can complain all we want but at the end of day nothing gonna happen until we get our voices heard.

They should have released a Birthday concert box with the birthday concert from DWT (Singapore?) and HWT Copenhagen when MJ would have turned 60 years old.

I'm getting tired seeing threads about the estate. we can complain all we want but at the end of day nothing gonna happen until we get our voices heard.

Yep, and no matter what the individual opinion on this matter is, I hope people will stop making more and more threads about this. The same topic is being discussed in about half a dozen threads right now.

Personally speaking, I don't see why there is such high demand for remaster of the music videos. Maybe I say that, because I have never been that obsessed with graphics and quality of the video. It doesn't make much difference to me if the video is in 480p or 720p. I rather get some unreleased songs, unreleased rehearsals footage before remaster of the music videos.

Michael made films. And he used film cameras. He was attuned to state of the art effects and techniques and demanded the highest standards. His "short films" were only limited by the primary method of distribution - television and VHS. There's no question these videos should be seen in a quality that respects the medium in which they were created - and that future-proofs these precious materials for decades to come. After all, film stock degrades over time and the Estate need to the correct job of archivists in preserving these precious and important works of art while they are in the prime position to do so.

That's of course assuming the original films still exist, have been located, etc.

This. Film was where MJ’s heart was, especially in his later years. So whatever he got done in that department during his lifetime has to be regarded as part of his core work. They’re not just vehicles to sell the records. In my opinion, getting the short films up to current technical standards has to be top priority in preserving the legacy.

Michael made films. And he used film cameras. He was attuned to state of the art effects and techniques and demanded the highest standards. His "short films" were only limited by the primary method of distribution - television and VHS. There's no question these videos should be seen in a quality that respects the medium in which they were created - and that future-proofs these precious materials for decades to come. After all, film stock degrades over time and the Estate need to the correct job of archivists in preserving these precious and important works of art while they are in the prime position to do so.

That's of course assuming the original films still exist, have been located, etc.

Really wouldn't surprise me if they haven't looked for them yet.

wasn't the diamond collection was for his 60th birthday? I think it was a nice idea in my opinion just the picture discs was a bad idea.

wasn't the diamond collection was for his 60th birthday? I think it was a nice idea in my opinion just the picture discs was a bad idea.

I liked it, quality control issues aside it was cool and I'm glad I bought it. Nice to have artwork that's massive like that, and they sounded decent for picture discs as well.

I'm disappointed that I missed out on the Diamond Collection package. It looked pretty cool.

Whenever I think about it, I constantly remember Mark Ronson's "Diamonds Are Invincible," which is to say that I don't think about it ever because I don't want to be reminded that that God awful mashup was commissioned by the Estate.

I'm disappointed that I missed out on the Diamond Collection package. It looked pretty cool.

Whenever I think about it, I constantly remember Mark Ronson's "Diamonds Are Invincible," which is to say that I don't think about it ever because I don't want to be reminded that that God awful mashup was commissioned by the Estate.

Some parts of that were really cool, then the Billie Jean part comes on and I'm like wtf.

When local record stores started stocking Dangerous and HIStory as separate discs with a price tag of £60 (EACH) I was actually quite glad I bought the box set.

Although I have stated here previously I am only interested in paying high prices for content, rather than fancy packaging, it is a little different for me where vinyl is concerned.

And kudos to the Estate for doing the right thing and refunding the European customers the difference in what was a higher price tag here compared to the US. Really cool move.

ChrisC;4296289 said:
When local record stores started stocking Dangerous and HIStory as separate discs with a price tag of £60 (EACH) I was actually quite glad I bought the box set.

Although I have stated here previously I am only interested in paying high prices for content, rather than fancy packaging, it is a little different for me where vinyl is concerned.

And kudos to the Estate for doing the right thing and refunding the European customers the difference in what was a higher price tag here compared to the US. Really cool move.

Agreed. I am still very sad I did not buy this collection...

ChrisC;4296289 said:

Yes, I was really surprised they did that. It was a nice collection, I really should pull it out again at some point haha. Was disappointed that some of the packaging on mine was damaged, and I had to message for ages to get them to send new ones. Even though they refused to send me a new OTW they did replace the other three that were bent. All around I'd say it's nice but qc was off.

Last edited:
That's... weird? "We'll replace 3 of the 4." Some is better than none I guess, but I don't get this.

The guy on email said that he wasn't being allowed to send it because they were low on stock of the OTW one. I was kinda annoyed but they were replacing the others so :/

The guy on email said that he wasn't being allowed to send it because they were low on stock of the OTW one. I was kinda annoyed but they were replacing the others so :/

That makes sense, I suppose, if it was a one-time project. Still nice of them to replace the three though!

To me it's the only right thing to do if you were sent damaged product.

I have to confess, I never opened mine. It's still sealed. So my records may be completely messed up as well haha

To me it's the only right thing to do if you were sent damaged product.

I have to confess, I never opened mine. It's still sealed. So my records may be completely messed up as well haha

Yeah agreed. That's why I was kinda annoyed. I have seen others post pics of scraped discs and stuff. None of my discs had scratches I don't think. The packaging was covered in white bend lines.

Back