A Thread for Lamont Dozier. June 16th 1941 - August 8th 2022 RIP.

Thank you so much for these two but especially this one. Is that Stuart Maconie? Sounds like. This one goes with that LIMF video I posted although that one was a bit annoying since it was only 6 minutes long or something stupid. This was much better. I did skip through it a bit bc it's so hot and my brain is struggling. Once it cools down a bit I'll listen properly.

This is our guy. Let the celebrations continue, lol.

I hope this works! Found a lovely little article in the Watford Observer remembering Lamont Dozier. Nothing new, I guess, but it's been nicely put together, it wasn't totally predictable, I saw a couple of bits that were new to me. The quote from Duke Fakir was new to me. And the 2001 Guardian quote from Lamont about the songs starting out as slow ballads but ending up much faster because they were aimed at teenagers (not their parents, lol) was also new to me. But mostly I just love the fact that the Watford Observer wanted to note his passing. And it is a proper article, not just a little sidebar thing. Awesome!

@wendijane - the WATFORD Observer! I'm so stoked. :D

Last edited:

BMI Pop Awards 2008

I'm sure I've seen a slightly longer version of this somewhere but, for now, this'll do.

Video marking the debut UK tour for Lamont Dozier with his songs being performed by different artists. The songs are unplugged and the arrangements are fairly jazzy - you've got Cliff Richard, Graham Nash, Gregory Porter and Marc Cohn. Lamont talks about his long career. He's a good story teller. At the end he does a little impromptu rendition of Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch.

Last edited:

The Supremes / The Happening

Love this. Top fave.

Classic H - D - H although Frank De Vol was also on the writing team. James Jamerson on bass.

Last edited:

Diana Ross & The Supremes / Reflections

Killer song. One of H - D - H's finest moments. James Jamerson on bass.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for these two but especially this one. Is that Stuart Maconie? Sounds like. This one goes with that LIMF video I posted although that one was a bit annoying since it was only 6 minutes long or something stupid. This was much better. I did skip through it a bit bc it's so hot and my brain is struggling. Once it cools down a bit I'll listen properly.

This is our guy. Let the celebrations continue, lol.
No , thank you lol these wonderful videos zinnia - our thread is growing! 🥰 I heard Lamont say his name. So, i think so too.
You know the Chairman of the board. song? Kylie covered it in 1992

Band of Gold...see , yes, Lamont's art has been in all of our life's. In a career spanning decades.

I hope this works! Found a lovely little article in the Watford Observer remembering Lamont Dozier. Nothing new, I guess, but it's been nicely put together, it wasn't totally predictable, I saw a couple of bits that were new to me. The quote from Duke Fakir was new to me. And the 2001 Guardian quote from Lamont about the songs starting out as slow ballads but ending up much faster because they were aimed at teenagers (not their parents, lol) was also new to me. But mostly I just love the fact that the Watford Observer wanted to note his passing. And it is a proper article, not just a little sidebar thing. Awesome!

@wendijane - the WATFORD Observer! I'm so stoked. :D
That works thank you. Now that's the way people should be written about, with respect. Lovely article, thank you zinnia.

Back to my roots -Odyssey covered in 1981

Back to my roots Groove Armada 2004

Celebrating Mr Lamont ! Our Guy!

The Supremes with Brian Holland, Lamont Dozier, and Eddie Holland, Detroit, Michigan.Mr Dozier is the first person on the left. Diana is wearing the black and white suit, sitting behind on the wall.

Last edited:
The Supremes with Brian Holland, Lamont Dozier, and Eddie Holland, Detroit, Michigan.Mr Dozier is the first person on the left. Diana is on the far right.

Small correction 🙂

Diana is sitting behind on the wall, she's wearing the black and white suit. If Eddie Holland is the gentleman leaning against the brick pillar, Diana is just behind him.

Reflecting on the 60’s Motown collaboration with the Holland’s, Dozier said that he and the Hollands had no idea in the '60s what impact their songs were having on America, they were too busy cranking them out. "We were just kids, banging this stuff out," he said. "We had no idea these songs would be around one day to the next, much less 35 to 40 years later."

Dozier continued wearing many hats as producer/songwriter/recording artist. He completed a series of educational tapes entitled The Lamont Dozier School of Music and continued to work with new artists of every genre.

https://www.songhall.org/profile/Lamont_Dozier

Last edited:
Back