According to wiki (regarding Jackson 5 world tour 1973-1975)

filmandmusic

Proud Member
I was reading the world tour page on wikipedia and following part was of great interest to me

Concert films and recordings[edit]​

(MM.DD.YY)
  • Tokyo (4.27.73) – Footage of the Vodka Collins pre-show was broadcast on Fiji Television.
  • Osaka (4.30.73) – Live album titled The Jackson 5 in Japan was released on October 31, 1973. Video recording of "Hallelujah Day" and "Papa Was a Rollin' Stone" can be found, footage of "Superstition" is also known to exist.
  • Melbourne (6.26.73) – Aired on ATN (Channel 7) titled Jackson Five in Australia.
  • Dakar (Feb 1 -3, 1974) – A documentary titled Jackson Five in Africa was released in 2009.
  • Houston (2.22.74) Show #1 – Provided by Texas Archive of Moving Image, 10-minute recording of "Hum Along & Dance" and "Skywriter" audio is only available for " Hum Along & Dance".
  • New York City (7.27.74) – Silent, unknown snippet of performance.
  • St. Paul (8.16.74) - A video recording with a 12 sec snippet of "Too Late To Change The Time" and 1 sec snippet of Tito's guitar riff during the beginning of "Skywriter".
  • Rio de Janeiro (9.19.74) – A recording that ran for 3-minute-and-11-second, the rest of the footage can not be found as it was burned in a studio fire in 1978.
  • Syracuse (10.17.75) – Formerly, a recording of the show was available and provided by syracuse.com but was taken down along with the Destiny World Tour performance.
  • Mexico City (December 1975) – An official release was provided on a Mexican Channel aired to the US titled "Jackson 5 Live in Mexico 1975".

Especially the Melbourne show 26.06.1973 got my interest as it was apparently fully aired on tv. Can Australians confirm this and perhaps it is possible to contact the tv station for more info or a possibly leak of the footage?

Also interesting is 17.10.1975 Syracuse concert. This show was available at one point. Where is it now?

With over 160 shows played in 4 continents who knows what stuff is still left to be rediscovered...

Hello, I'm the creator of that page. Im glad you enjoyed it, it was pleasure to publish and give knowledge the public hasn't seen before. It's very new to me as well. Skywriter has more footage now!
I think we as a whole, much appreciate your work. Thanks very much.

I was reading the world tour page on wikipedia and following part was of great interest to me

Nice share ,
  • Tokyo (4.27.73) – Footage of the Vodka Collins pre-show was broadcast on Fiji Television.
interesting !
  • Osaka footage of "Superstition" is also known to exist.
That is interesting to me annnd
  • St. Paul (8.16.74) - A video recording with a 12 sec snippet of "Too Late To Change The Time"
this.
With over 160 shows played in 4 continents who knows what stuff is still left to be rediscovered
Very exciting :unsure:

Through a few other people, and a LOT of newspaper website that need to be payed for, and facebook and twitter, and worthyvisionarchives on instagram.

Quick question that some people might know: when did Johny Jackson stop playing drums? When did Tony Lewis start? Was there anybody between the two? There's a bit of a lack of info in this era, it would really help improve Wikipedia (I created most of the page on MJ/J5 tours).

Last edited:
Quick question that some people might know: when did Johny Jackson stop playing drums? When did Tony Lewis start? Was there anybody between the two? There's a bit of a lack of info in this era, it would really help improve Wikipedia (I created most of the page on MJ/J5 tours).
I don't know how to answer that, unfortunately.

Hello, I'm the creator of that page. Im glad you enjoyed it, it was pleasure to publish and give knowledge the public hasn't seen before. It's very new to me as well. Skywriter has more footage now!
Some notes from my previous research (I ran an archive of footage in the 2000 Watts section a couple years ago).
- The footage we have of the Japanese shows seems to be from a different date, not sure about the "Hallelujah Day" but I'm certain about "Papa Was a Rollin' Stone" being from a different night. I'm pretty sure one of the those guys that sells DVDs said they owned the "Superstition" footage, I recall talking with my friend about it.
- Houston '74 has a handful of other songs known, "Introduction/We're Gonna Have A Good Time" & the "Jackson 5 Medley" is also in the silent footage. Also possibly "Daddy's Home" at some point. Also I just reviewed my notes, & I recall another buddy of mine who I was trying to look for songs with telling me that "You Need Love Like I Do (Don't You)" was also in the footage, which makes sense since it was performed during the Africa '74 shows.
- syracuse.com did not have footage of the '75 show, the video linked in that original post is a Youtube upload of "She's Out of My Life" by mjjcommunity in 2007.

All I can remember / have in my notes, everything else seems about right!

Thanks for information

1. Are sure it's We're Gonna Have A Good Time? How do you know?
2. "Hallelujah Day" could possibly be from Osaka April 30th or Tokyo May 2nd same with "Papa Was a Rollin' Stone" but I think PWARS could be from May 2nd I do hear I hardly slight difference.

April 30th and May 2nd, Michael was wearing the orange-black floral suit.
In Hiroshima he was swearing a white suit
In Tokyo April 27th he was wearing a different patterned coat and suit
May 1st we don't know

Interesting, i wonder why they would randomly ditch "Hum Along & Dance" for "We’re Gonna Have a Good Time".

Audio match up, specifically with the drums. But I did this years ago, I just know that me & my buddy checked & it lined up.
I also noticed that they changed their outfit somewhere during the show, do you know why that is?

I also noticed that they changed their outfit somewhere during the show, do you know why that is?
You mean the cut near the end? The setup of the stage seems pretty different, alongside the camera angle & their costumes. I'd like to present two theory.
The outfits in the first half, you can see some photos from '73 with those outfits (they're dated from the '73 Forum Show). The outfits in the second half, you can see those first appear around '74 during some TV performances. It's known that there were at least three Houston shows performed, one in '73 & two in '74.

Now with the year+outfit theory, dates have always been tough with this tour because they're always so inconsistent or jumbled up. It's possible that the first half of the show was recorded on March 4th, 1973, and the later footage was recorded February 22nd, 1974. Of course this isn't fool-proof, since Mikey's lil' orange hippie outfit was used not only in the '72 tour, but in some of the '73 shows as well. I can believe the show on February 4th didn't happen, giant gap between shows & they were still in Africa on the 3rd, a whole different country.

The other theory is simple & probably more likely, the footage from the first half comes from the February 4th show, and the second half comes from the February 22nd show, both from '74.

Audio match up, specifically with the drums. But I did this years ago, I just know that me & my buddy checked & it lined up.

Ok, here's my latest mini-project. On the Wikipedia Talk pages for Bad/Dangerous/HIStory Tours, I've created maps of all the locations. Questions:
(1) Should I include these in the main page?
(2) Does anybody know how to fix the issue of red dots appearing outside the border?
(3) Would it look better with a line joining each location? If so, how?
(4) Shall we do it for J5 tours as well?

Yes, But only for Destiny, Triumph, & Victory.
J5 World Tour still has some foreign country concerts to be discovered.
To answer question 2, I don’t know.

Ok, I did Destiny, which is the only interesting one as far as locations are concerned...

Is there a consensus on adding these? Shall I collapse the table and put the map above it?

Ok, all the world tours are now added. Couldn't do Dangerous until today because it was locked due to somebody adding hundreds of "cancelled" dates to the list

Back