Adam Ant & His Artistry

wendijane

Proud Member
I... really wanted to create this thread for a while cause i know we have some supporters on this board. And so I think it would be really lovely to celebrate this wonderful man and his original art vision. Adam, real name , Stuart Leslie Goddard has been an art student when he was younger, so that really binds well with me.
He is precious in the music world and remains one of England's musical treasures. I remember this artist as one of my very first introductions to art and to music, and message itself, and i for one, really appreciate him and all that he has and continues to contribute to music.
Adam has alot of experience and truly knows the power of art and story telling. With meaning , which we can explore in the thread later.
The fact that Michael knew this artist, and they were friends. It is a very good feeling and some days , like alot of you i'm sure, knowing just that picks me up, no end.
So , here's to Michael's friend , Adam & his artist's heart.
with love.

@mods if we have a thread for AA then please disregard / merge as i have searched and cannot see one so far.

Stuart Leslie Goddard, better known as Adam Ant (born 3 November 1954), is an English singer, musician, and actor. He gained popularity as the lead singer of new wave group Adam and the Ants and later as a solo artist, scoring 10 UK top ten hits from 1980 to 1983, including three UK No. 1 singles. He has also worked as an actor, appearing in many films and television episodes.

The first band Goddard joined was Bazooka Joe, in which he played bass guitar.[1] He has said that the idea of Adam Ant came to him after watching the Sex Pistols play their first gig in 1975: "After seeing the Pistols, I wanted to do something different, be someone else, but couldn't work out what and who".[4]: 92, 94

He renamed himself Adam Ant, choosing the name because "I really knew I wanted to be Adam, because Adam was the first man. Ant I chose because, if there's a nuclear explosion, the ants will survive".[9] He formed his own band, the B-Sides, with Lester Square and Andy Warren.[4]: 94 In 1977, together with drummer Paul Flanagan, they went on to form Adam and the Ants (initially named just "The Ants"), with the inaugural band meeting held in the audience at a Siouxsie and the Banshees performance at the Roxy Club in London's Covent Garden.[10

The early days.

ab67616d0000b2737ed10cea090b4031d640151b

@@mjfanatic777

Adam's jacket was also an authentic Hussar's jacket. Adam and Michael were phone friends for a while. Michael invited Adam to take part in Motown 25 and invited him to spend the day at Hayvenhurst. I think they drifted apart after that, Michael's life went so crazy bc of Thriller, but I love the fact that my two guys hung out for a while.

Back