Adam Ant & His Artistry

6078.jpg

"L’Adamant is, in fact, a free facility for mental health patients in Paris’s 1-4 arrondissements. It isn’t a medical centre, as the film shows, more a place of discussion and exploration, where patients are encouraged to take part in activities, often art-based, including book discussions, painting, drawing, music therapy and watching films.

The place’s quiet rhythms and gentle pace, swayed by the river’s ebb, make it a picturesque backdrop for the examination of the mental turbulence some of the visitors clearly experience."

Slightly off-topic, I suppose. But it's intriguing so I'll post it
All aspects of health. physical , are always important so thank You for posting this @zinniabooklover well I think it is an important link, especially in this day and age.
"The boat's name ... is also in reference to Adam Ant, the British singer diagnosed with bipolar disorder ..."

This part here :

"Adamant isn’t just something of a life raft for its regular visitors, but for anyone who still cares deeply about art. One reason François’s rendition of La Bombe Humaine is so thrilling is that its artistry is unchecked and unfiltered.
When he sings, eyes closed, that “the detonator is right there, next to your heart, the human bomb is you”, it cuts straight through.
What if the passengers of the Adamant are better, purer artists than yourself, I say to Philibert.
He replies: “It is true that the passengers are often very uninhibited.
They say things in a very direct manner. They are unrestricted by convention. We normopaths no longer know how to do that.”

Back