Adele’s 25 Probably Isn’t Going to Sell As Many Copies As 21, and It Doesn’t Matter

Re: Adele's '25' - RECORDS BREAKER - First Week U.S. Sales + Biggest U.K. Opening Sales Week

Also is that 3.38 million number of units equivalent or actual album? Because now Billboard started counting streams, digital singles sales and other shit like that that should not be counted as album sales. Because if we are going to talk like that, counting units, not actual records, Thriller did not sold reported 68 million, but over 100 million copies. Also to weekly sales of Thriller, than it should be added The Girl Is Mine, Billie Jean, Beat It physical singles sales and "streaming" the song on MTV. Stupid modern digital age and Billboard that keep changing the rules of the game just to **** MJ over.

I don't think it has anything to do with MJ and I don't think there is any reason to panic. Thriller's record is not in danger of being beaten. Once again, sales dynamics are different now than back then. Now everything is very much frontloaded. There have been several other albums which sold well over 1 million copies in the first week and N'sync's album even over 2 million, yet none of those albums came close to Thriller. It's just how sales dynamics work today. It's no coincicence that most of the fastest selling albums (ie. best first week sales) are from either the 2000s or 2010s.

Re: Adele's '25' - RECORDS BREAKER - First Week U.S. Sales + Biggest U.K. Opening Sales Week

As for the "the first album to sell a million copies in two different weeks since Nielsen began tracking sales data in 1991"... yes, since 1991 it can be the first album, but as far as we know, Thriller during its highest sales peak in 1983/1984 sold more than 1 million copies per week for a few weeks, afaik by articles and interviews, Thriller sold 1 million copies for 6 consecutive weeks per week.

Billboard should KNOW that and now they are making it a big deal with 25!?

Its like nothing relevant existed before 1991 since Nielsen began tracking sales data?

"One million albums every four days..."

thriller-1984-march-sales.png

Don't know for how long though. And that is world wide I see. In any case, it does not matter. Longevity is what matters. That's what makes albums sell really big eventually. Not whether they hold the one-week or two-week record.

I don't think it has anything to do with MJ and I don't think there is any reason to panic. Thriller's record is not in danger of being beaten. Once again, sales dynamics are different now than back then. Now everything is very much frontloaded. There have been several other albums which sold well over 1 million copies in the first week and N'sync's album even over 2 million, yet none of those albums came close to Thriller. It's just how sales dynamics work today. It's no coincicence that most of the fastest selling albums (ie. best first week sales) are from either the 2000s or 2010s.

The point is that the Thriller record can't be beaten because the game has changed.

This has Bruno Mars written all over it. Wow, what a gorgeous song :wub:

[youtube]Ot7lw6kjr0s[/youtube]

^^wow. Killer heartbreaker lyrics. Especially when you've enacted this in your own life. :(

(Torch songs tear me up ).

Adele's '25' Rules for Third Week at No. 1

"25" sold 5.19 million copies in the United States in its first three weeks.

On the latest Billboard 200 albums chart (dated Dec. 26), Adele’s 25 crowns the tally for a third straight week. It earned another 728,000 equivalent album units in the U.S. in the week ending Dec. 10, according to Nielsen Music. It was down 37 percent in total units for the week.

Of its weekly sum, 695,000 were in pure album sales. That’s a larger than expected figure, as industry forecasters were expecting it to sell around 650,000.

The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week based on multi-metric consumption, which includes traditional album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). The new Dec. 26-dated chart (where Adele is No. 1) will be posted in full to Billboard’s websites on Tuesday, Dec. 15.

This is 25’s third week of selling in excess of 650,000 copies -- the first time an album has sold more than 650,000 in each of its first three frames since Nielsen Music began tracking sales in 1991. Four earlier albums managed to sell 650,000 in at least three different weeks, but none were in their first three frames. The last titles to notch three (or more) weeks over 650,000 were The Beatles’ 1 and Backstreet Boys’ Black & Blue, both on the chart dated Jan. 6, 2001.

With 25’s third week sales of 695,000, the album’s total sales climb to 5.19 million. It is now the largest selling album of any calendar year since 2011, when Adele’s previous album, 21, sold 5.82 million. (25 is also the only album to sell 5 million copies in a calendar year since 2011.)

25 is also one of only 11 albums released since 2005 to sell 5 million copies in total.

With three weeks left during the sales tracking year of 2015, it seems likely that 25 will surpass 6 million in sales by Dec. 31 (the final day of the final tracking week of 2015). The last album to sell 6 million in a calendar year was Usher’s Confessions in 2004, with 7.98 million.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...art-third-week-coldplay-a-head-full-of-dreams

Adele Fends Off Coldplay to Top U.K. Album Chart Again

Adele's 25 (XL Recordings) comfortably saw off the challenge of Coldplay's A Head Full Of Dreams (Warner Music) to start a third week atop the U.K. album chart today (Friday). Justin Bieber's "Love Yourself" (Def Jam/Universal) started a second week at No. 1 on the singles chart.

New Official Charts Company data shows 25 with a huge third-week sales tally of 354,000, to bring its total U.K. sales to date to a heady 1.593 million. It was the highest total in an album's third week since Take That's The Circus sold 382,000 in its third week in 2008.

Coldplay, for their part, have the highest-selling No. 2 album for five years, moving 236,000 units of their new set. It's their first studio album not to debut at No. 1, but in more cheery news, opening sales far outstripped those of last year's Ghost Stories (168,000) or 2011's Mylo Xyloto (208,000). Their current single "Adventure Of A Lifetime" climbed 15-9 to become their 16th top ten U.K. hit.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6805607/adele-coldplay-uk-album-chart

+++

Adele's '25' Hits 5 Million Sold in U.S.

It is just the 11th album released since 2005 to sell 5 million copies.

Adele's 25 has now sold more than 5 million copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen Music. It’s the first album to sell 5 million in a calendar year since Adele’s previous album, 21, did so in 2011.

After processing the first sales reports on Dec. 9, Nielsen Music says 25 has sold at least 510,000 copies -- so far -- in its third week on sale. Combined with the 4.49 million 25 sold in its first two weeks, the album has sold just over 5 million in pure album sales.

Industry forecasters suggest 25 could finish its third week with perhaps 650,000 copies sold. Billboard is scheduled to report 25’s official third-week sales figure on Dec. 14, after Nielsen Music has completed processing its sales reports for the week. The current sales tracking week ends at the close of business on Dec. 10.

Does Adele's Historic Sales Performance Mark a Turning Point for the Music Industry? A Debate

25 is the first album to sell 5 million copies in a calendar year since Adele herself did it in 2011 with her previous album, 21. That year, 21 sold 5.82 million and was the top-selling album of the year. (25 and 21 are the only albums to sell 5 million copies in a calendar year since 2004, when Usher’s Confessions cleared 7.98 million.)

Further, in terms of total sales (not just sales registered in a calendar year), 25 is one of only 11 albums released since 2005 to sell 5 million. (And of those, five are by Adele and Taylor Swift.)

In addition to 25, the albums released since 2005 that have sold more than 5 million in the U.S. are:
Swift’s 1989 (released in 2014; 5.5 million),
Adele’s 21 (2011; 11.3 million),
Swift’s Fearless (2008; 7 million),
Josh Groban’s Noel (2007; 5.82 million),
Swift’s self-titled album (2006; 5.56 million),
Daughtry’s self-titled album (2006; 5.04 million),
Nickelback’s All the Right Reasons (2005; 7.91 million),
Carrie Underwood’s Some Hearts (2005; 7.45 million),
Mariah Carey’s The Emancipation of Mimi (2005; 6.08 million) and
50 Cent’s The Massacre (2005; 5.36 million).

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6805295/adele-25-5-million-sold

Last edited:
ILoveHIStory;4121871 said:
The last album to sell 6 million in a calendar year was Usher’s Confessions in 2004, with 7.98 million.

And as we all know Confessions eventually outsold Thriller :D

wow... when I am browsing the Billboard articles (especially about the Adele), I am shockingly surprised that... almost all articles completely ignore to mention Michael Jackson in terms of record breaking sales, and they-the so-called journalists are writing about anybody else, but NOT Michael Jackson like: "The record business loves to sign "nexts" -- the next One Direction, the next Luke Bryan -- but the best-selling *artists have never been imitators. When The Beatles started, they sounded like no one else. Same with Elvis Presley, Garth Brooks, Metallica, Madonna, U2, Adele and others."

Adele is compared to anybody else but not to MJ.... and the only mention is... if the 25 will beat Thriller...

But hey... one article made it clear - Because Adele isn't active on social media -- only six tweets in the first half of 2015 -- some observers have concluded that Twitter and Facebook are overrated as marketing tools.

ILoveHIStory;4121890 said:
wow... when I am browsing the Billboard articles (especially about the Adele), I am shockingly surprised that... almost all articles completely ignore to mention Michael Jackson in terms of record breaking sales, and they-the so-called journalists are writing about anybody else, but NOT Michael Jackson like: "The record business loves to sign "nexts" -- the next One Direction, the next Luke Bryan -- but the best-selling *artists have never been imitators. When The Beatles started, they sounded like no one else. Same with Elvis Presley, Garth Brooks, Metallica, Madonna, U2, Adele and others."

I disagree. In fact, it is an epidemic that everyone is being compared to MJ these days. LOL. Actually, the problem is rather that they have been throwing around the "new MJ" label too carelessly and a bit too much lately.

I even read an article about the phenomenon this week.

15 singers who've been called the next Michael Jackson

The King of Pop is past, present and future. His influence continues to show up in new singers.

Michael Jackson is immortal. Even in death, his influence, presence and sound continue to guide new artists.
Several singers -- from Chris Brown to Adele to Taylor Swift -- have been compared to him at some point.
Now before you pop off in the comments, it wasn't all us. These comparisons have been bandied about for years by many folks. Some feasible. Most laughable.

The Weeknd
It's apparent on breakthrough album "Beauty Behind the Madness," particularly "Can't Feel My Face" and "In the Night."

Chris Brown
Brown has the moves. But not the voice. Or the catalog.

Usher
He earned early comparisons but settled into his own sound. We're not complaining.

Ne-Yo
With a bit more risk in his choices, Ne-Yo could have been a contender. But he's played it too safe. Though he did star in the live remake of "The Wiz."

Bruno Mars
The "Uptown Funk" singer is talented, charismatic and appeals to a diverse audience. But he still needs to make that one great album.

Adele
Ridiculous, you say? She has the biggest album and single in years, is almost universally beloved and is genuinely, fiercely talented.

Justin Timberlake
This one is obvious. Right?

Justin Bieber
We're not saying we'd say it. But google "Justin Bieber Michael Jackson." He's said it. Others have said it. Most have scoffed.

Beyoncé
She's only gotten more successful as a solo act, released some iconic songs and takes musical risks. Bow down.

Nick Jonas
He surprised everyone as a breakout solo pop star. The best may be yet to come.

Taylor Swift
We didn't say it. But plenty of others have. She's a huge star who sets and breaks musical trends and records.

Jussie Smollett
He's following MJ's footsteps as a Pepsi spokesman. And "Empire" has positioned his character, Jamal, as the next big thing. He also compared the show's second season to "Thriller."

Janet Jackson
MJ's little sis is definitely her own star these days. But the comparisons were frequent for several years.

Janelle Monae
He's definitely an influence on her sound, stage presence and style. But she needs to break out in a big way.

Aaron Carter
Yes, he really said Jackson "passed down the torch" to him.

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/...o-ve-been-called-the-next-Michael-6686758.php

In a way it is a good thing that everyone wants to be a new MJ. When was the last time you saw someone wanting to be a new Elvis? That kind of music is not really an influence on today's generation, but MJ's is. It speaks for MJ's ongoing influence which is great. At the same time sometimes the comparations are annoying because the media is throwing around the label too easily.

I saw articles comparing Adele to MJ (the above article cites that too) so how could anyone say she is not being compared to anyone?
In terms of music she's been compared to Amy Winehouse which I think is closer to truth than the "new MJ" label, at least I can see why that comparation is being made, even if I think Amy was more talented and had more exciting music. So it's not true that she is somehow so unique that she is not being compared. She sings ballads about heartbreaks and she keeps up that subject for her third album in a row now. I see nothing unique in that. It's the most common theme in pop music history. But since Adele is now popular you will hear hyperboles about her recently, but I don't take those seriously.

And Elvis not being an imitator? I guess the black artists he copied would disagree. Garth Brooks? There haven't been country singers before him?

Adele is compared to anybody else but not to MJ.... and the only mention is... if the 25 will beat Thriller...

If you are worrying about Thriller's record still, you should not. It's NOT on course to beat Thriller's record. Not even close. Which is probably why Thriller and MJ is not being brought up in these articles about Adele. Actually I appreciate that. There is no reason to bring up Thriller in Adele articles.

Let's put it this way: In it's first three weeks 25 sold about 2.6 times of the copies that Taylor Swift's 1989 sold in its first three weeks. 1989 eventually sold 5.4 million copies. So if 25 kept up this rate it eventually would sell about 14.1 million copies. Which would be enough to outsell 21 but still would be less than half of Thriller's sales. It would not even be enough to beat Shania Twain for best selling female album. And I actually don't think 25 will keep up the 2.6 to 1 rate compared to 1989. I think it will prove to be more frontloaded in sales because it was released just in time for the Christmas market so most people who want to buy the album for themselves and their grandmother as a gift will buy it now, until Christmas.

Last edited:
^^The Houston Chronicle is my local Paper and I laughed my head off when reading this article. Bout time somebody wrote about this. Lol.
I was hoping it would hit other papers besides ours and it apparently did.

I still say it's a compliment and obviously there are no serious contenders. Every boy band was the new "Jackson 5."

Lots of people getting 25 in their Christmas sock this year!!

Adele's '25' Biggest-Selling Album Released Since 2011, Spends Fourth Week at No. 1 on Billboard 200

‘25’ has sold more copies in the U.S. than any album released since Adele's own ‘21,’ which bowed in 2011.

As expected, Adele’s 25 holds at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart for a fourth week -- and by a large margin. The set earned 825,000 equivalent album units in the week ending Dec. 17 (up 13 percent), according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 790,000 were in pure album sales (up 14 percent).

The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week based on multi-metric consumption, which includes traditional album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). The new Jan. 2, 2016-dated chart (where Adele is No. 1) will be posted in full to Billboard’s websites on Tuesday, Dec. 22.

In 25’s first four weeks of release, it sold 5.98 million copies. With its most recent sales week, 25 has surpassed the sales of Taylor Swift’s 1989 (5.57 million) to become the biggest selling album released in the U.S. since Adele’s last album, 21, which was issued in 2011. It has sold 11.37 million.

To put it another way: Adele's 21 and 25 are the Nos. 1 and 2 biggest selling albums released since 2009. The last album to sell more than 25 was Taylor Swift's Fearless, which was released in 2008 and has sold 7 million.

25 is also now the largest selling album of any calendar year since 2004, when Usher’s Confessions sold 7.98 million.

Further, 25 is the only album to sell in excess of 695,000 copies in four different weeks (or three, for that matter) since Nielsen Music began tracking point-of-sale purchases in 1991. The album bowed with 3.38 million sold in its first week, then sold 1.11 million in its second frame, and then 695,000 in week three.

There are still two more tracking weeks left in the 2015 calendar year -- the weeks ending Dec. 24 and Dec. 31. As the Dec. 24 week closes on the day before Christmas -- thus capturing a full seven days of last-minute holiday shopping -- 25’s sales are sure to surge. 25 could even capture another million-selling week.

In other Adele news, 21 returns to the top 10 on the latest Billboard 200, climbing 14-10 with 49,000 units (up 42 percent) and 40,000 in pure album sales (up 46 percent). Her first album, 19, is also in the top 40, as it rises 48-36 with 21,000 units (up 29 percent) and 18,000 in pure sales (up 36 percent).

Adele’s cumulative album sales -- for her three studio efforts and two digital-only live sets for iTunes -- jump past 20 million: to 20.28 million.

Adele is the first British solo artist with two No. 1s with at least seven-week commands apiece, and the only British act other than the Beatles to do so. The Fab Four led for seven weeks with "I Want to Hold Your Hand" (1964) and for nine with "Hey Jude" (1968).

Adele was also the first British female soloist to debut at No. 1, and only the second British act overall after Elton John ("Candle in the Wind 1997" / "Something About the Way You Look Tonight").

And, Adele's 21 total weeks at No. 1 on the Hot 100 are the most by any British-born female artist, as she has bested Olivia Newton-John's 18. Among all British acts, she trails only the Beatles (59 weeks at No. 1), Elton John (34), Paul McCartney (solo; 30) and the Bee Gees (27).

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...illboard-200-biggest-selling-album-since-2011

Last edited:
One can wonder why this average album is so successful, except the media´s artificial mega hype.
I listened to the whole album and I just dont understand, nothng special, and there has been so many other artists who have more impressive albums in this "genre".

But I do think there is the certain boundary which she is not able to overcome, there are the limits for those whou are buying the album, at least, the same people who have bought her 21.
So when the amount of the people is reached, there are no other/more people who whould like to buy it. approx. 30+M poeple/fans.
But who knows, I really wonder who bought Shania Twains - Come on Over, estimated 40+ million albums.

Last edited:
ILoveHIStory;4124535 said:
One can wonder why this average album is so successful, except the media´s artificial mega hype.
I listened to the whole album and I just dont understand, nothng special, and there has been so many other artists who have more impressive albums in this "genre".

I agree that the album is nothing special. In fact, I found it boring and repetitive. And especially repetitive when we also consider that her previous two albums were the same as well. But I think there is a certain (and pretty large) demographics that these themes appeal to: single and lonely young women and middle aged housewives. And the rest are drawn in by the hype and bandwagon effect. Not saying people cannot like her music, I am sure many do - it is certainly better than much of the crap on the charts today, but that is not saying much IMO and overall it is nothing really special.

I think the sales are driven by the hype, the bandwagon effect and that it's Christmas. I think now everyone and their mother is buying it as a Christmas gift. I read elsewhere from someone that her boss bought several copies of the album and gave everyone a copy as a gift in the office. :smilerolleyes: I think it will exhaust much of its sales capacity until Christmas. Certainly it will keep selling for a while after that as well, but most people who are remotely interested in Adele will buy it until Christmas for themselves and also as a gift for auntie and granny.

If Adele is the best that mainstream music as to offer now a days, then that just shows (IMO) how much mainstream music as declined in quality now

Adele's '25' Sells Another 1.15 Million in U.S., Spends Fifth Week at No. 1 on Billboard 200 Chart

Total U.S. sales for '25' now exceed 7 million.

Adele’s 25 locks up its third million-selling week in the U.S., as the set sold 1.15 million in pure album sales in the week ending Dec. 24, according to Nielsen Music (up 46 percent). That’s the five-week old set’s second-biggest frame yet, following its 3.38 million bow in the week ending Nov. 26.

A surge in sales in the week leading up to Christmas (Dec. 25) was expected, as consumers rush to make last-minute holiday purchases. Also aiding 25's sales in the most recent tracking week: the frame captured a full seven days through Dec. 24. Nielsen Music's tracking week runs from Friday through Thursday, and Christmas Eve fell on a Thursday this year. (Usually, the tracking week will end a day or two before Christmas -- or after the holiday, thus lessening the impact of the week-before-Christmas sales frame.)

25 also sold more than a million in its second week on sale, when it shifted 1.11 million. 25 was already the first album to sell a million copies in two different weeks, and now it’s the first to score three million-selling frames.

25’s total U.S. album sales, through Dec. 24, now stand at 7.13 million.

Unsurprisingly, 25 also easily earns a fifth straight week at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart, with 1.19 million equivalent album units.

The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week based on multi-metric consumption, which includes traditional album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). The new Jan. 9, 2016-dated chart (where Adele is No. 1 for a fifth frame) will be posted in full to Billboard’s websites on Tuesday, Dec. 29.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...illboard-200-fifth-week-sells-another-million

Adele's '25' Scores Sixth Week at No. 1 on Billboard 200 Chart

Adele’s 25 scores a sixth straight week at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart, as the set earned another 363,000 equivalent album units in the week ending Dec. 31, 2015 (down 70 percent), according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 307,000 were in pure album sales (down 73 percent).

25 sold 7.44 million copies in the U.S. through the week ending Dec. 31. It finishes 2015 as the top selling album of the year, and is the biggest seller of any calendar year since 2004 (when Usher’s Confessions sold 7.98 million).

25 is the first album to tally its first six weeks at No. 1 since Susan Boyle’s I Dreamed a Dream also claimed its first six weeks at No. 1 (Dec. 12, 2009 through Jan. 16, 2010).

25 was released through XL Recordings/Columbia Records on Nov. 20.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6828916/adele-25-sixth-week-no-1-billboard-200

THIN WHITE DUKE TO UNSEAT QUEEN
1/12/16

It appears that David Bowie will be the first artist to unseat Adele from her perch atop the sales charts, albeit posthumously. Bowie's final album, Blackstar (Columbia), looks set to do more than 160k in its first week, as the rock icon's death drives a giant wave of consumer interest. Stay tuned for updated sales forecasts.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/rumor_mill

Adele Has Passed Madonna's U.K. Chart Record

Adele has another chart record in the bag. The British female pop star has passed Madonna for the most weeks at No. 1 on the U.K.’s albums chart for a female act across all her releases.

Adele's latest album 25 has enjoyed a seven week run at the top of the Official U.K. Album’s Chart, meaning her three albums have logged a combined 31 weeks at the peak. Madonna’s 12 chart-topping recordings have spent 30 week at the top.

There’s daylight between Adele, Madonna and the rest. Barbra Streisand’s albums have racked up a combined total of 19 weeks at the top, notes the Official Charts Company, while Celine Dion can boast 18 weeks and Dido has 17 weeks.

Each of Adele's albums bowed at No. 1 on the weekly U.K. chart. Her debut 19 managed a single week on top in February 2008, while her sophomore blockbuster 21 stayed at the peak for a whopping 23 weeks.

Adele’s unbroken streak with 25 is almost certain to come to end when, as expected, David Bowie’s final album Blackstar is crowned No. 1 late this Friday, local time.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6843084/adele-passed-madonna-uk-chart-record

Ask Billboard: How Historic Is Adele & Justin Bieber's Current Chart Domination?

Recently, though, we've seen an extended run of two stars dominating both charts' top two: For every chart dated in 2016 so far, the top two albums have been 25 by Adele and Purpose by Justin Bieber, while the top two songs have been the former's "Hello" and the latter's "Sorry." This week, the songs finally flip, with "Sorry" replacing "Hello" at No. 1 on the Hot 100.

How do Adele and Bieber's six weeks of blocking all competitors from the top two on both the Hot 100 and Billboard 200 stack up historically? In other words, have there been other eras in which two acts teamed up to dominate Billboard's two most signature charts simultaneously, at Nos. 1 and 2, at the expense of all other artists? And, if so, for how long?

READ HERE - http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...istoric-is-adele-justin-biebers-current-chart

15 January 2016
Bowie’s new album Blackstar debuts at Number 1 with combined sales of almost 150,000, giving him his tenth chart-topping record and the fastest selling album of the year so far.

Elsewhere on this week’s Official Albums Chart, Elvis Presley’s If I Can Dream holds at Number 2, Adele’s 25 ends its seven-week run at the top and slips to 3, and Justin Bieber’s Purpose is at Number 4.

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart...e-nation-pays-tribute-to-a-music-icon__13562/

ILoveHIStory;4128977 said:
15 January 2016
Bowie’s new album Blackstar debuts at Number 1 with combined sales of almost 150,000, giving him his tenth chart-topping record and the fastest selling album of the year so far.

Elsewhere on this week’s Official Albums Chart, Elvis Presley’s If I Can Dream holds at Number 2, Adele’s 25 ends its seven-week run at the top and slips to 3, and Justin Bieber’s Purpose is at Number 4.

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart...e-nation-pays-tribute-to-a-music-icon__13562/

Nice! Hope that happens in US also.

Re: Spike Lee announces Off The Wall Documentary - Estate Announcement Page 66

Ok, this is a bit O/T, but has Adele's new album already reached 15 million in sales? I hope it doesn't catch up to Thriller.
Michael deserves to hold that record for eternity.

Re: Spike Lee announces Off The Wall Documentary - Estate Announcement Page 66

Ok, this is a bit O/T, but has Adele's new album already reached 15 million in sales? I hope it doesn't catch up to Thriller.
Michael deserves to hold that record for eternity.

I hope Adele gets the record, just so we can move on and appreciate his artistry more.

I kind of relate Adele to Celine Dion, Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston. Powerful voices, by wonderful women.

But no Michael Jackson :)

She won't beat Thriller, in fact, she probably won't beat Bad or Dangerous. Whilst Don't Stop Til' You Get Enough is better than anything she's ever done rolled into one.

Back