AEG is for sale, and why I think it's Karma for its owner for his maltreatment of Michael Jackson

Re: AEG for sale.

i still don't know how anybody can stick a news item in a controversy sub forum that is hidden, and you need membership even to see it. it makes me think all items are controversial, and not fully 'news' items.

i still don't know how anybody can stick a news item in a controversy sub forum that is hidden, and you need membership even to see it. it makes me think all items are controversial, and not fully 'news' items.

uhmm, the main "trials and tribulations" ALSO requires a membership to see it. So it would make no difference.

edited to add: Moved the thread to controversy and edited the title. Enjoy your thread.

ok, let's forget for a minute that it's a hidden forum and all the reasons why it is hidden.

let me get back on the sale of AEG.
the first line..AEG is for sale is where everybody agrees.
Beyond that, everybody discussing it, has come from a myriad of different angles, all speculating, and depending on how they feel about the situation.

So..it's a news item morphing into a discussion item, no matter who is discussing it.

My approach has to do with Michael Jackson, and how he was treated. And who i feel mistreated him, and what they deserve.
i see a lot of that in this sub forum, depending on who members feel mistreated him, and, quite frankly, what members feel those mistreaters deserve.

Why am I any different?

Fair enough. We agree on the title. Thank you.

Now, I will say that you said i don't get to determine what direction the thread will go in. That is true about all of us, since we all hold our different opinions.

Now i wish to say this about the owner of AEG.

If you say I'm not able to determine what the outcome will be for the owner of AEG, regarding how he treated Michael, based on money...You're not able to determine that, either.

But you feel how you feel about what will happen to the owner of AEG.
And I feel how I feel about what will happen to the owner of AEG.

..as a result of how we, each, differently feel, he treated Michael.

Last edited:

:unsure: :wacko:

Well, sometimes it can take, but never fails. Believe me, it's just a matter of time.
Yes. and for those who like to say that karma worked on Michael by saying he 'died because he molested children'..no. Karma works mirror-wise. If a person does something bad, concerning money, for instance, then it comes back to them, concerning money, only, and nothing else.

This is just my opinion based on study and teachings. It may very well differ from yours
Karma is a teacher not revenge. Its a spiritual concept. if you learn your lessons it will not harm you.. and it is a personal teacher every individual is different. It much like the biblical teaching you reap what you sow. but we also know bad things do happen to good people. not for what they have done wrong but through the sins of others. Karma may just reach out to a persons heart so may not even see outward what pain it can cause to those who do wrong. Much like a conscience it can also cause people to change for the better. The term Karma used loosely by some is actually consequences caused from you own actions and not always spiritual in nature .. Its more like cause and effect.

Tha main goal of karma is much like " Make That change" - "Man in the Mirror" It makes you take a look at your actions and self and how what you do will actually reap blessings or consequences for your self and others.

AEG is a company not a person - now there may be individual persons that have not been so kind and they themselves may suffer karma from their own actions. And even cause damage to the company buy their actions. But A sale can be either good or bad and is not necessarily an indication of failure. Maybe it's just a sound business decision based on economy or what direction the company wants to take. AEG entertainment is not the only business or holding this company has. It is involved in many various ventures.

yes, Qbee, i understand what you are saying.(as i still stand by everything i said about Karma) and by the way, i am making a general statement on that one. i know that the way i was reminded of it in this thread is that the poster said that there are people out there. i know that that person is not speaking for themselves, in this thread, as far as the 'child molester' thing goes. but i must say, as far as Michael Jackson goes, the one standout thing that has never been reported about him, regarding money,(of all the many things that have been said of him, regarding money) that at least, i have never seen is, that he never sold anything(outside his music, of course..i hope people understand where i am coming from, here). he acquired everything he acquired, and i do take that into account. to me, he never had to sell anything for any reason. in fact..he gave away a Bentley. Who does that? well..he did.

Last edited:

:unsure: :wacko:

Well, sometimes it can take, but never fails. Believe me, it's just a matter of time.

I hope you are right & I don't mean to say it fails all the time but there is alot of injustice - justice has to be fought for.

as far as your answer, chosen one, you still don't know all the details about Michael. Nobody does.

the definition of 'rational' varies, person to person. Society's mantra today, which they consider rational...'perception is reality'.

another note for you, Chosen One..a lot of actual child molesters are free on the street, today.
How's that for rational thinking?

Just sayin

The same way 'rational' depends on perception, so does karma. You have your definition and other people have theirs. And for some people who strongly believe that Michael was guilty of the crimes he was charged with, he got what he deserved (because the justice system failed). As fans, we find that notion repugnant, but it does't invalidate how others feel. They base their opinions on what they think they know.

I don't see how we can decide that karma is being visited on AEG solely based on its relationship with Michael. I just don't. It has been a trend with the fan community that I think is regrettable. Not everybody who has done wrong to Michael and has had something bad happen to them, is being punished for having done wrong to Michael. Bad things happen to 'good' and 'bad' people. It's called life.

And since we are speculating here - let us suppose that Michael had gone on to perform the 50 shows to rave reviews, taken the show on the road and retired in glory AND we had never seen those emails AND AEG had gone up for sale - would we still think it was karma?

And 144,000 I am not sure what your point is in the last statement about molesters being free on the street. Please elaborate when you can. Thanks.

I don't necessarily see how this "possible" AEG sale would amount to being an act of Karma.

I mean, the head's of AEG, the folks in line to reap the benefits of any sale, will most likely earn hundreds of millions, if not billions. Some folks would call that a stroke of good luck.

They will then take that earned money and "probably" invest in some other type of venture, build it up, just like they did in the past and the money-making cycle will start over again. Some folks would also call that a stroke of good luck and certainly not the "vengeful" karma.

In my opinion, it's just business, because apparently that's how these folks roll, i.e. Buy Low, Build Up, and Sell High.

"144,000" thanks so much for posting what's being said on LA radio, it's very interesting.
While I don't really believe that this is an act of karma or that AEG is in trouble, the announcement did seem to come totally out of the blue so it's only fair and natural to speculate about the possible reasons, and I'm very interested in hearing different opinions. I hope you'll keep us updated!

The same way 'rational' depends on perception, so does karma. You have your definition and other people have theirs. And for some people who strongly believe that Michael was guilty of the crimes he was charged with, he got what he deserved (because the justice system failed). As fans, we find that notion repugnant, but it does't invalidate how others feel. They base their opinions on what they think they know.

I don't see how we can decide that karma is being visited on AEG solely based on its relationship with Michael. I just don't. It has been a trend with the fan community that I think is regrettable. Not everybody who has done wrong to Michael and has had something bad happen to them, is being punished for having done wrong to Michael. Bad things happen to 'good' and 'bad' people. It's called life.

And since we are speculating here - let us suppose that Michael had gone on to perform the 50 shows to rave reviews, taken the show on the road and retired in glory AND we had never seen those emails AND AEG had gone up for sale - would we still think it was karma?

And 144,000 I am not sure what your point is in the last statement about molesters being free on the street. Please elaborate when you can. Thanks.

i think there is only one way for karma..despite what anybody believe. perhaps you have to experience it. just because you don't see it with your naked eyes, doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. and i also believe, that if you do total good..you win in the end, no matter what it looks like to anybody else. remember..eyesight doesn't end with the eyes. things happen beyond even what we think we see. unless people are better than i am, i have experienced things, where i made a mistake, and did something wrong in my life..and i found out, that it returned to me..exactly the way i put it out. that's how i know. and..i have personally seen, where others have done me wrong..and it returned to them. and i have witnessed it with others.

Sometimes..unless people want to turn a blind eye..it's right in front of them. i stated earlier, that i am a fan of baseball, and i watch sports teams. there is a trend, called 'moneyball'. in my view it's where a management corporation tries to pay an athlete as little as possible, and try to get the maximum out of the athlete. that's an unfair way to treat an athlete. i'm not stupid..i know there are management teams out there who would just love a superathlete to do big time work for the management for FREE if they could, and then fleece the athlete for everything he's got, and keep all the money to themselves(management). let's face it..selfishness and greed are not a new concept in this society, these days. but let us not think, there is not a return effect. i love comparing two baseball teams in particular...the New York Yankees and the Oakland Athletics. This is not to say a blind squrrel cannot find an acorn every once in a blue moon. But i have noticed that the Yankees had a legendary owner, named George Steinbrinner. He acted like he hated money. He couldn't WAIT to give it away to his athletes. He paid them like it was always Christmas. He paid them BIG. And you know what? His team has helped the Yankees to hold the all time record in world series wins, championships, playoff entrances..and they have a star named Derek Jeter, who, if sports guys weren't so jealous, might as well be MVP every year. He shows extraordinary talent. Amazing drive..and longevity toward his fortieth birthday. he's tied so many legends for so many records, it's not even worth counting them up, anymore. On the other side...conversely, the Orioles are like a lot of other teams in the major leagues, where with few exceptions, they are cheap with their players. very cheap. and those are the teams that don't even know what a playoff game smells like. This year is the first time, in almost twenty years, that the Orioles have a CHANCE to get into the playoffs. Jealous people accuse the Yankees of 'buying championships'...the only team that receives that accusation. that says it all. that means no other team is willing to pay their athletes well, on a consistent basis.

For those how want to challenge Karma..i dare them. i just don't want to end up in their shoes.

Do you download songs, illegally? if you do, then expect your personal private economy to sink into oblivion. I'm not referring to you, personally..but....i think there is a signal in everyone's heart which says..'oops..that's a match..it's on fire...don't touch it'. if that's not true for you, then you're a better person, than i am..because me personally..if i touch the fire on the match...i get karma...know what i mean?

As far as the molesters on the street....have you ever heard of Mary Kay Laterneau? She was a grown woman that had sex with a fourteen year old boy. Most of society thought it was 'cool', because she was...'hot'. She was put in jail for a hot minute, to get people off the government's back. then she was released, and married the same boy..and it was celebrated on 'reality tv'.

Does that mean that this woman's life is fine and dandy? I wouldn't take the chance to be in her shoes, i don't care if i actually see her life falling apart before my very eyes or not. Many have talked of seeing countless celebrities who look like they are having a fine and dandy old time..yet, if you ask the celebrity how they are doing..they hint that they are about to kill themselves. we don't hear it. next day..they're dead, due to a gunshot wound. Who knows what they did in their earlier life. i truly believe, down the line, she's(Mary Kay Laterneau) getting karma..and it has nothing to do with whether i pray for it or not. it happens, no matter what we hope for, or hope against..pray for, or pray against..whether or not we are religious....etc. etc. it's meant to keep people in line, as QBee said. I don't hope for peoples' demise. But i want them to stay in line and behave..and i expect myself to do the same..or, i do believe they and me deserve to be taught a lesson, because that rule was in existence before i was born.

Most people who fleece people..who drive people into the ground, for love of money reasons..try to keep the money to themselves, are going to pay for it, one way or the other. I believe AEG is the culprit in this case. There is no what if, regarding the fifty concerts. What happened, happened. Why are there people who insist Michael was a machine, and didn't have a breaking point? A time to relax? A time to retire. A time to be the human being he always was? Yes..a human being, like you and me.

on and ending note..regarding those who strongly believe that Michael was a pedophile..i believe if they saw a match on fire, they wouldn't think it would burn them. I dare step on a limb and say, there is a definitive right and wrong..and some people play ignorant...although we all took a bite out of the fruit of the tree of knowledge..so that means, no one can feign ignorance. For those who don't want to believe that...i have yet to see a person who seems to know everything, when it conveniences them..and then..are suddenly dumb, when their cover is threatened to be blown.

i'll tell you what. If Michael was a child molester..if those 'ignorant' people were right...if those 'ignorant' people think that a match on fire won't burn them. i guess we'll all see in the by and by..one day.

What? is there someone out there that doesn't think fire is hot?

i know i might get somebody mad at me..but i didn't know how else to express it. i guess i gotta take the risk. Believe me..(if you wish). i'm trying so hard to follow the rules.

No, chosen one. for all those who insist Michael was a child molester. I insist that with that click of conviction in my heart..he never was. never is...forever. and for that person who insists that he was...that person and me, can go to bed at night. i dare that person and me, to see which one of us sleeps the best, for the rest of our lives. and yes..i hope that person and me, meet one day, in the by and by..at the end of time..to meet our maker....our conscience....our whatever...GOD.

i, for one, feel great. i have no regrets, regarding my thoughts on Michael..i'm NOT afraid what God will ultimately think of me, or do to me, as a result, when that ultimate time comes for me. i dare that other person to say that, and live it to the end! The very end...and let us see what happens to us, each, as a result of those invisible forces greater than us both. And to me, that goes for everything, with everyone in history, concerning everything we did, right or wrong, and efforts to correct the wrong. and we all know what is wrong and what is right.

Last edited:
"144,000" thanks so much for posting what's being said on LA radio, it's very interesting.
While I don't really believe that this is an act of karma or that AEG is in trouble, the announcement did seem to come totally out of the blue so it's only fair and natural to speculate about the possible reasons, and I'm very interested in hearing different opinions. I hope you'll keep us updated!

There is a general consensus in Los Angeles sports radio, reiterated today, that national sports radio shares about the U.S.A. the NFL is not just America's past time. It is now America's passion. it means automatic MONEY. Whether or not we love money or hate it..we all jump on it, and need it as a means to transact life. If something looks like sure profit..every franchise in sports has jumped on it, immediately. Nobody in the U.S.A. doesn't see the NFL as a sure way to profit. every tentacle of american media has a contract of some sort, with the NFL, that results in big dollars. each media outlet has paid BIG dollars to connect themselves the NFL in some fashion. Every network that has made the connection with the NFL constantly makes a hot showing in the ratings..constantly showing up on Nielsen, and being a boon for each media network. Countless attempts have been made by some media networks to wrestle away NFL contracts from other media networks, with failure as a result. Networks go to war with each other over the NFL. Cities clamour to have an NFL team in their city. The majority of stadiums are always filled..and even cites that cannot always fill their stadiums get big money from their tv contracts with the NFL.

However....Mr.AEG wants a stake in the NFL for CHEAP. Guess what? the NFL refused.

I personally never heard of anybody who tries to get something for nothing, and yields a positive result in the long run. I am a fan of the NFL..and i think THEY are getting greedy..and it will cost THEM, in the not too distant future. But the NFL has never gotten a cheap offer from anyone. Mr. AEG is the first..if not one of the first. That was just reported, today.

^^^ Thanks for responding.

Basically karma happens whether we know it is karma or not.

And my point was never about guilt or innocence and karma not visiting those who 'got away with it'. It was about the fact that karma is in the eye of the beholder.

^^^ Thanks for responding.

Basically karma happens whether we know it is karma or not.

And my point was never about guilt or innocence and karma not visiting those who 'got away with it'. It was about the fact that karma is in the eye of the beholder.

ok..well..if 'eye of the behoder' means that i steal money from someone, and then suddenly, ten years later, i suddenly run into 'rainy days' where i 'can't' pay my bills..and then suddenly, i get my house foreclosed..and i 'behold that in my eye', or 'interpret' that as i decide to play 'victim' and blame the president of the united states for my personal economic woes...then...i guess i need a pair of glasses for my beholding eyes.

yeah..i do believe there are people who are in denial of what is happening to them, when they do something wrong and it is visited upon them later. i do agree with your first line, because i understand it clearly. i might need more clarification on the rest of your post.

No - 'eye of the beholder' means that people see and characterise karma in their own way and decide something is karma based on what knowledge they have of a particular situation and their personal beliefs. You say 'karma', Someone else says 'bad luck'. What makes your categorisation right and theirs wrong?

Further clarification - I asked you if the concerts had come off and AEG went up for sale and we knew nothing about the emails, if that you would think that it (the sale of AEG) was karma. Your reply suggested that you felt it would still be karma (because they treated Michael badly), it's just that we (the general public) would not know it is karma. Did I read you incorrectly?

No - 'eye of the beholder' means that people see and characterise karma in their own way and decide something is karma based on what knowledge they have of a particular situation and their personal beliefs. You say 'karma', Someone else says 'bad luck'. What makes your categorisation right and theirs wrong?

Further clarification - I asked you if the concerts had come off and AEG went up for sale and we knew nothing about the emails, if that you would think that it (the sale of AEG) was karma. Your reply suggested that you felt it would still be karma (because they treated Michael badly), it's just that we (the general public) would not know it is karma. Did I read you incorrectly?

we might have to pm to get even more clarification. i don't want to go off without full understanding of what you are saying.

i just feel that, if a person treats another person badly, it comes back to them. it's hard for me to believe that the original offending person doesn't see the comeback as payback. my own father did. everyone in my life, including me, who put something out that wasn't right, felt a comeback..and knew it. i've observed others. yes..there are people, i think, are in denial. but i am hard pressed to see, even if someone calls it 'bad luck'..that they don't know something from their past. i guess i just saw too many examples.

I don't think there is a need to PM each other. Your thread title said you think what is happening with AEG is karma. And we are discussing that.

So ... did I misunderstand you? I am referring to my hypothetical situation re the concerts and the sale. You believe it would still be karma, even if we did NOT know how badly they treated Michael?

ETA - I just read your siggy and discussing this further with you is only going to frustrate me. It would be best if we parted ways.

Last edited:
I don't think there is a need to PM each other. Your thread title said you think what is happening with AEG is karma. And we are discussing that.

So ... did I misunderstand you? I am referring to my hypothetical situation re the concerts and the sale. You believe it would still be karma, even if we did NOT know how badly they treated Michael?

ETA - I just read your siggy and discussing this further with you is only going to frustrate me. It would be best if we parted ways.

duly noted.

AEG Bid: Phil Anschutz Starts Auction At $10 Billion

By Nadia Damouni and Paritosh Bansal

NEW YORK, Oct 9 (Reuters) - Billionaire Phil Anschutz has kicked off the auction of his Anschutz Entertainment Group, with an expectation that the sports and entertainment giant should draw bids in the $10 billion range, higher than previously believed, according to sources familiar with the situation.

The initial, 25-page AEG information memorandum that describes the business but has no financial information was expected to go to "dozens" of potential buyers on Monday, the sources said. The initial group of recipients is expected to include rich individuals, rivals, sovereign wealth funds, real estate firms, and private equity firms, they said.

Anschutz is likely to start signing non-disclosure agreements and send out the books with financial details by the end of the month, the sources said.

The list of potential bidders includes trade buyers such as Liberty Media Corp ; investment companies such as Guggenheim Partners LLC; private equity firms such as Thomas H. Lee Partners LP, Bain Capital LLC and Colony Capital LLC; and rich individuals such as Los Angeles biotech billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong, sources have previously said.

Bidders are likely to need to come up with bids in the "high single digit, low double digit" billion dollars to proceed to the next round, the sources said, signaling that Anschutz has a higher price expectation than previously believed.

Sources close to potential buyers had said last month that the company could fetch between $6 billion and $8 billion in a sale.

"The Anschutz Co has no comment on the sales process beyond its press release announcing the sales process," it said in a statement on Monday. As a private owner, the Denver-based billionaire has the final say in any deal.

Anschutz said last month that it was exploring a sale of AEG and had hired Blackstone Advisory Partners to advise it on the process.

AEG, which has around 25,000 employees, has developed more than 100 entertainment venues globally, in some of the world's largest cities such as Los Angeles, London, Berlin and Shanghai. These include the Staples Center in Los Angeles, The O2 Arena in London and the Mercedes-Benz Arena in Shanghai.

The company also owns sports assets that include the Los Angeles Galaxy Major League Soccer team, possibly best-known for its star David Beckham, and a stake in the National Basketball Association's Los Angeles Lakers..

The idea behind AEG broadly is to own the real estate and draw people to the venues through sporting events and live entertainment. Anschutz wants to keep the AEG platform in one piece because he believes the company's holdings are more valuable as a group than in individual pieces, the sources said.

The price expectations and Anschutz's insistence on keeping the platform and the management team in place, however, adds complexity to an eventual sale.

A buyer would need to write a large check for the company, including their own cash and bank financing, which could make it necessary for bidders to form consortiums.

There are no easy comparisons for potential buyers to draw on in valuing the company. What's more, Anschutz will need to get approvals from sports organizations such as the National Hockey League and the National Basketball Association to be able to transfer ownership of sports teams.

A valuation analysis could eventually include a sum of the parts determination, the sources said. For example, one of the sources said, the Staples Center in Los Angeles alone could be worth around $1 billion.

Blackstone bankers are also planning to keep control of how bidding groups are formed, the sources said. The confidentiality agreement with potential buyers is expected to have a provision that will prevent parties from discussing joint bids.

The requirement is sometimes imposed by sellers in auctions to prevent bidders from forming groups as a way to undercut on price and possibly to help broker deals between bidders when the size of the asset is large.

Later on in the auction, possibly around the second round, the advisers also plan to launch a parallel process to seek approvals from the various sports leagues for the bidders, the sources said.

Blackstone bankers used a similar approach when they advised on the sale of the Los Angeles Dodgers baseball team earlier this year, which eventually sold for $2 billion to Guggenheim Baseball Management, a group that includes Los Angeles Lakers star Magic Johnson and one-time Hollywood studio executive Peter Guber.

In the Dodgers deal Johnson was the "face" of the consortium, a preference among sports leagues that usually insist on an individual rather than an institution buying the franchises.

Anschutz is likely to look to pair up the bidders in a similar manner as well, the sources said.

Blackstone declined to comment. (Reporting By Nadia Damouni and Paritosh Bansal; Editing by Martin Howell and Jim Marshall)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/09/aeg-bid-10-billion_n_1950012.html?utm_hp_ref=los-angeles

Cash only???

AEG Bid: Phil Anschutz Starts Auction At $10 Billion

By Nadia Damouni and Paritosh Bansal

NEW YORK, Oct 9 (Reuters) - Billionaire Phil Anschutz has kicked off the auction of his Anschutz Entertainment Group, with an expectation that the sports and entertainment giant should draw bids in the $10 billion range, higher than previously believed, according to sources familiar with the situation.

The initial, 25-page AEG information memorandum that describes the business but has no financial information was expected to go to "dozens" of potential buyers on Monday, the sources said. The initial group of recipients is expected to include rich individuals, rivals, sovereign wealth funds, real estate firms, and private equity firms, they said.

Anschutz is likely to start signing non-disclosure agreements and send out the books with financial details by the end of the month, the sources said.

The list of potential bidders includes trade buyers such as Liberty Media Corp ; investment companies such as Guggenheim Partners LLC; private equity firms such as Thomas H. Lee Partners LP, Bain Capital LLC and Colony Capital LLC; and rich individuals such as Los Angeles biotech billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong, sources have previously said.

Bidders are likely to need to come up with bids in the "high single digit, low double digit" billion dollars to proceed to the next round, the sources said, signaling that Anschutz has a higher price expectation than previously believed.

Sources close to potential buyers had said last month that the company could fetch between $6 billion and $8 billion in a sale.

"The Anschutz Co has no comment on the sales process beyond its press release announcing the sales process," it said in a statement on Monday. As a private owner, the Denver-based billionaire has the final say in any deal.

Anschutz said last month that it was exploring a sale of AEG and had hired Blackstone Advisory Partners to advise it on the process.

AEG, which has around 25,000 employees, has developed more than 100 entertainment venues globally, in some of the world's largest cities such as Los Angeles, London, Berlin and Shanghai. These include the Staples Center in Los Angeles, The O2 Arena in London and the Mercedes-Benz Arena in Shanghai.

The company also owns sports assets that include the Los Angeles Galaxy Major League Soccer team, possibly best-known for its star David Beckham, and a stake in the National Basketball Association's Los Angeles Lakers..

The idea behind AEG broadly is to own the real estate and draw people to the venues through sporting events and live entertainment. Anschutz wants to keep the AEG platform in one piece because he believes the company's holdings are more valuable as a group than in individual pieces, the sources said.

The price expectations and Anschutz's insistence on keeping the platform and the management team in place, however, adds complexity to an eventual sale.

A buyer would need to write a large check for the company, including their own cash and bank financing, which could make it necessary for bidders to form consortiums.

There are no easy comparisons for potential buyers to draw on in valuing the company. What's more, Anschutz will need to get approvals from sports organizations such as the National Hockey League and the National Basketball Association to be able to transfer ownership of sports teams.

A valuation analysis could eventually include a sum of the parts determination, the sources said. For example, one of the sources said, the Staples Center in Los Angeles alone could be worth around $1 billion.

Blackstone bankers are also planning to keep control of how bidding groups are formed, the sources said. The confidentiality agreement with potential buyers is expected to have a provision that will prevent parties from discussing joint bids.

The requirement is sometimes imposed by sellers in auctions to prevent bidders from forming groups as a way to undercut on price and possibly to help broker deals between bidders when the size of the asset is large.

Later on in the auction, possibly around the second round, the advisers also plan to launch a parallel process to seek approvals from the various sports leagues for the bidders, the sources said.

Blackstone bankers used a similar approach when they advised on the sale of the Los Angeles Dodgers baseball team earlier this year, which eventually sold for $2 billion to Guggenheim Baseball Management, a group that includes Los Angeles Lakers star Magic Johnson and one-time Hollywood studio executive Peter Guber.

In the Dodgers deal Johnson was the "face" of the consortium, a preference among sports leagues that usually insist on an individual rather than an institution buying the franchises.

Anschutz is likely to look to pair up the bidders in a similar manner as well, the sources said.

Blackstone declined to comment. (Reporting By Nadia Damouni and Paritosh Bansal; Editing by Martin Howell and Jim Marshall)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/09/aeg-bid-10-billion_n_1950012.html?utm_hp_ref=los-angeles

Cash only???
yeah..he expects people to do what he would not do.
he wanted an NFL team for cheap, but he don't wanna sell for cheap.

people that say 'buy low sell high' scare me. i'm pretty sure that if someone knew i bought something for cheap, and then i wanted to sell it to them for high price, they'd disappear from me so fast, i wouldn't know what hit me.

Walking thanks for this post. It just shows that there is room in this thread for various insights and interpretations. Some want to look at the topic from a more business/financial perspective, while others want to tackle the topic by looking at cause & effect/karmic justice--it does not matter. To me there is room for all this here, since we do not all have to agree with one perspective.

Also, someone in the thread should say they are sorry for saying something I saw them write ^^, and I hope they do so.

I'm gonna go off topic over here explaining why I don't believe in karma...

If karma would really exist, Michael wouldn't have suffer that amount of injustice and mistreatment. What has happen to Sneddon, Jordan Chandler, The Arvizo fam? They're still able to live a normal life, they don't have a fatal desease and if Evan Chandler shot himself it was because he had pangs of conscience, not karma.

People like Diane Diamond or Martin Bashir became even more popular spreading bullshit and deceiving Michael and they're still very successful in their jobs. Bashir had cancer but he survived.

Despite the Rupert Murdoch scandal, that bastard is still filthy rich...

If AEG is gonna be sold it isn't because of karma, it's probably because of mismanagement or internal problems...

Last edited:
i can understand why you would think that..
however..to me..all time hasn't passed fully yet...there is still time...and there is mysteries concerning Michael..
also...Sneddon won't show his face...Chandler is dead..one way or the other..that's a matter of perspective..

and..who knows what's going on in the privacy of the others you mentioned? Sometimes, we don't see everything that is happening. Sometimes, the personal hell someone is going through may be something you'll never know about.

If AEG is gonna be sold it isn't because of karma, it's probably because of mismanagement or internal problems...

or it's because the owner is known to build businesses and sell them at their peak

they are asking for $10 Billion dollars. They don't have any financial problems.

I'm gonna go off topic over here explaining why I don't believe in karma...

If karma would really exist, Michael wouldn't have suffer that amount of injustice and mistreatment. What has happen to Sneddon, Jordan Chandler, The Arvizo fam? They're still able to live a normal life, they don't have a fatal desease and if Evan Chandler shot himself it was because he had pangs of conscience, not karma.

People like Diane Diamond or Martin Bashir became even more popular spreading bullshit and deceiving Michael and they're still very successful in their jobs. Bashir had cancer but he survived.

Despite the Rupert Murdoch scandal, that bastard is still filthy rich...

Sadly, I agree with you. There is no such as Karma. All through history good people were crushed by bad people more often than not. That's the reality of life.

Back