Alfonso Ribeiro’s Story about Michael Jackson’s Sequined Glove

mjchris

Proud Member
Alfonso Ribeiro joins Rich Eisen in-studio to discuss the season finale of ‘America’s Funniest Videos,’ says why it’s extremely humbling to play a round of golf with 4-time major champion Rory McIlroy, tells a MUST HEAR story about Michael Jackson’s famous sequined glove, and reveals the origin story behind the Carlton Dance from ‘The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.’

Full Interview:

i can just imagine him dropping it into the toilet! 😂 it sounds TOTALLY like michael! i was DYING of laughter when i first heard this because i could think of his gentle voice getting panicked! i love you MJ!

Did Michael have a habit of accidentally dropping his glove in the toilet? lol Bob Giraldi told a similar story, but it was on the set of the Pepsi commercial and it was a prop guy who pulled the glove out of the toilet, not Michael:

"One of my fondest memories of him was on the set of Pepsi-Cola commercial when the brothers were downstairs in the dressing room," Giraldi recalls. "While I was talking to Jermaine and some of the brothers, we all heard a blood-curdling scream and we thought, 'Oh my God, someone has gotten to Michael, or got at him.' We all ran to where the scream was coming from. It was coming from bathroom downstairs in the dressing room area... He had dropped his white glove into the toilet, and was screaming for someone to please get it out of there. We all looked at each other like, 'Who’s going to be the schmuck to go down and pick out his glove in a bowl?' And it was a prop guy who was smart enough to come in with a wire and pick it up. I’ll never forget that moment, which shows you how even the biggest of superstars have to use the bathroom."

Did Michael have a habit of accidentally dropping his glove in the toilet? lol Bob Giraldi told a similar story, but it was on the set of the Pepsi commercial and it was a prop guy who pulled the glove out of the toilet, not Michael:

"One of my fondest memories of him was on the set of Pepsi-Cola commercial when the brothers were downstairs in the dressing room," Giraldi recalls. "While I was talking to Jermaine and some of the brothers, we all heard a blood-curdling scream and we thought, 'Oh my God, someone has gotten to Michael, or got at him.' We all ran to where the scream was coming from. It was coming from bathroom downstairs in the dressing room area... He had dropped his white glove into the toilet, and was screaming for someone to please get it out of there. We all looked at each other like, 'Who’s going to be the schmuck to go down and pick out his glove in a bowl?' And it was a prop guy who was smart enough to come in with a wire and pick it up. I’ll never forget that moment, which shows you how even the biggest of superstars have to use the bathroom."
i love that!!!!! hes so funny and relatable!!

it’s a gross story that I wish was kept secret. 🤢

michael had multiple gloves (in a variety of colours) that he could have used as replacements. he could’ve at least offered the other hand to shake with.

yuck 🤢

Back