Alternative Names for MJ Eras

DarylJoel_B

Inactive
Country
United-States
Need to know if I'm not the only one who does this cause I don't want to feel more weird than I already am. 😭

Do you also have your own special names for each MJ era? If so, share them!

Mine are (also, not all eras are included because I do not have names for all of them):
Jacksons to OTW Era:
Any kind of bear-related names. Like panda bear, baby bear, etc. Or common pet names like "baby", "angel", etc.
Bad to HIStory Era: Daddy (not in an inappropriate way, I swear.) or Mimi (not my own though, I was told by a friend that allegedly Riley Keough used to call him Mimi as a child. Still, I think it's very special.)
Late HIStory Era to This Is It Era: Uncle.

That's it.

For all eras I call him 'Michael' or 'Applehead'. Thought for J5 era I sometimes call him 'Mikey'

No I haven’t but I don’t have a lot of imagination. It’s pretty mucho Afro era and post afro era

I called him Seahorse. As a playful nickname throughout the 1990s. Inspired by Whatzupwitu
"Always the ocean - Always in the seas"
I called him beautiful when he was in his later years and i always called him M in every era/year

This is my own way of classifying eras: they end when promotion ends and when Michael got back into hibernation before reappearing later for promotional duties. Roughly. Its just my way of separating eras. Some of them definitely overlaps a little, it's ok. These could be 8 great boxsets.

• Part 1: The Motown Years
    • Starts in October 1969 (I want You Back release)
    • Ends in May 1975 (Moving Violation album release)
  • Part 2: The CBS Move: (The Jacksons / Variety Show / Going Places / The Wiz)
    • Starts in June 1975 (signed to CBS)
    • Ends in April 1978 (end of Goin' Places Tour)
  • Part 3: The Emancipation: (Destiny / Off The Wall / Triumph / The Jacksons Live!)
    • Starts in May 1978 (after the Goin' Places Tour ends)
    • Ends in November 1981 (The Jacksons Live! album release)
  • Part 4: Victory: (Thriller / Victory / Victory Tour / We Are The World)
    • Starts in December 1981 (demos of Billie Jean and others)
    • Ends in February 1985 (We Are The World release)
  • Part 5: The Moonwalker: (Captain EO / Bad / Moonwalker / Tour)
    • Starts in March 1985 (Captain EO preproduction)
    • Ends in April 1989 (Liberian Girl film shoot)
  • Part 6: A New Decade: (Decade / Dangerous / Short Films)
    • Starts in May 1989 (Studio time)
    • Ends in January 1994 (Dangerous single cancellation)
  • Part 7: Controversy: (HIStory / Ghosts / Blood On The Dance Floor / Tour)
    • Starts in February 1994 (studio time)
    • Ends in December 1997 (Ghosts Deluxe VHS release)
  • Part 8: Millenium: (Invincible / 30th Anniversary):
    • Starts in January 1998
    • Ends in July 2002 (promotion being cancelled)

motown years /purple hat era
the jacksons era /orange /crimson era
thriller era - white era
bad - maybe moonwalker era ..or shoes era
so starting from dangerous- the dangerous /black era
and then history - gold era maybe
invincible - silver era
this is it red era maybe

I was wondering when you were gonna get it lol.
Triller always brings the images of the video or tour performances in my mind, so I was wondering when did he wear white in Thriller. But of course the album cover!!

I called him Seahorse. As a playful nickname throughout the 1990s. Inspired by Whatzupwitu
"Always the ocean - Always in the seas"
I called him beautiful when he was in his later years and i always called him M in every era/year
That is funny and adorable. :ROFLMAO:

21371988_360184667767614_8847876394923851776_n-5707885172.jpg

clever??? absolutely not! "White era"??? The fuck?? the FUCK?? Michael was never a white person.
It's not about his skin color!!

The "Black & White" eras are a reference to his song BoW. (more on this later)

MJ had a 40 years lasting professional career from 1969 to 2009. The first half was in contrast to the second half in many ways. Kinda "black" vs "white"
  • successful vs less successful (measured by broken records)
  • beyond vs below expectations (record sales, chart positions, etc)
  • dependent vs independent (on compiling tracklists)
  • etc, etc

Just like Michael said in BoW, it doesn't matter if it (the eras) are "black" or "white" - it's all about HIS art.😉

@DarylJoel_B, your accusation of racism is unbearable and wrong! If you would have read my posts on here, you would have noticed that these aren't racist nor contain any support of racism.

With your logic former french fan magazin "Black & White" (btw the mag was supported by MJ) was racist too?*smh*

It's not about his skin color!!

The "Black & White" eras are a reference to his song BoW. (more on this later)

MJ had a 40 years lasting professional career from 1969 to 2009. The first half was in contrast to the second half in many ways. Kinda "black" vs "white"
  • successful vs less successful (measured by broken records)
  • beyond vs below expectations (record sales, chart positions, etc)
  • dependent vs independent (on compiling tracklists)
  • etc, etc

Just like Michael said in BoW, it doesn't matter if it (the eras) are "black" or "white" - it's all about HIS art.😉

@DarylJoel_B, your accusation of racism is unbearable and wrong! If you would have read my posts on here, you would have noticed that these aren't racist nor contain any support of racism.

With your logic former french fan magazin "Black & White" (btw the mag was supported by MJ) was racist too?*smh*
How long did you have to stretch for this reach? Lolol

Back