Among his occupations as singer and song writer, would one also consider Michael was a model?

StarlightXX

Proud Member
Of course, Michael did photo shoots when he released am album or tour, so the intent of the modelling there was to promote his musical work.

I thought it could be OK to list model as an occupation since he simply didn't look at the camera. He pulled poses, swayed in his outfits, swished his hair, he made his eyes intense.

He never did runway or catalogue modelling, but his photographs are similar to general modelling. What do you think?

Of course, Michael did photo shoots when he released am album or tour, so the intent of the modelling there was to promote his musical work.

I thought it could be OK to list model as an occupation since he simply didn't look at the camera. He pulled poses, swayed in his outfits, swished his hair, he made his eyes intense.

He never did runway or catalogue modelling, but his photographs are similar to general modelling. What do you think?
This does not mean that Michael Jackson was also a model.

You have to be paid as a model in order to be considered a model.

But, Michael Jackson was never paid as a model when he posed for certain photo shoots, or when he promoted certain clothes via commercials, and so on.

No, he just stood there.

Worst thing ever is when a singer is described in a newspaper or Wikipedia as "singer, songwriter, actor, producer, director, humanitarian, clothes designer and painter". Such nonsense.

No, he just stood there.

Worst thing ever is when a singer is described in a newspaper or Wikipedia as "singer, songwriter, actor, producer, director, humanitarian, clothes designer and painter". Such nonsense.
You're right. He was one of the greatest singers and dancers first. These achievements get lost the more are mentioned.
And yes, he looked like a model.

Models are supposed to present clothes or makeup, basically. I don´t like when they are being described as clothes hangers, but their job is to represent a brand ... and not themselves.

Before the Supermodel era - and I dare say ever after that era - modelling is a job. Michael was an artist in the first place.

yess!!! he definitely looked a lot like a model but it wasnt his occupation

Back