An MJ Biopic?

Ah okay. I knew he used to go to Neverland during the Robson/Lennon days and about the story, but I didn't think they worked together. Interesting ...

33upgcj.jpg

Just so you guys are know, a lot of the biopics you are mentioning are made for TV movies done very quickly and cheaply (man in the mirror, aaliyah, tlc, etc.)

Lifetime has made several based on 90s TV shows based around behind the scenes stuff (full house, saved by the bell, etc.)

It's almost as if they knew these are a joke and are ok with making them incredibly horrible.

A legit, fully fledged, theatrical biopic if done right could be good (like i said, I'd rather it be during a certain period in his life, or selected periods, rather than a full life story).

Most biopics are fairly excruciating to watch, even with 'A' list actors, like 'The Queen' with Helen Mirren. The dialogue is usually laughable, and unfortunately the natural sense of humour and character of the protagonists doesn't come across. I really hope that they don't attempt one. I don't think any of the written biographies make much of a basis for a biopic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpgyKo2BNH8

I just keep thinking that no one on the planet could portray Michael like Michael himself. I would prefer actual footage, unseen footage, as mentioned previously.

This is where I conflict.... Now I know that a lot of people here would not want to see a biopic.. The thing is it WILL happen somewhere down the line (sooner or later).. either someone soon (or already) will want to put it together or decades from now some director/producer will want to make the movie and do it..

Since it is going to come one day, I would much rather have it made when people that knew him well and worked with him are still around and can participate in the creation of the film.. If that thing is made 20 years from now, the select amount of people are going to dwindle (it already is, it seems like everyone is passing away) and the accuracy is going to lack even more so..

I mean It would be pretty cool if they released the film(s) as chapters maybe a 3 part collection.. that's just wishful thinking. I would guess the film would start further along in his career.. After Motown

Since it is going to come one day, I would much rather have it made when people that knew him well and worked with him are still around and can participate in the creation of the film.. If that thing is made 20 years from now, the select amount of people are going to dwindle (it already is, it seems like everyone is passing away) and the accuracy is going to lack even more so..

Exactly! It's already so sad that Elizabeth isn't around anymore, but you still have some crucial people who knew Michael very well, Like Berry Gordy, Diana Ross, his producers, I don't know if Quincy is any good anymore...

No biopic but a documentary about his work.from off the wall and forward.
I want to know more about how he developed musically and artistic
I would love to see Brad Sundberg and hear him talk about making music with Michael, people he co wrote songs with-I´m interested in the lyrics too I think Carole Bayer Sager was involved with We´ve had enough..Iwant to know more .
Other musicians,choreographers etc ...and of course footage.. for example from This Is It
It could be interesting to hear more about his love for classical music, how you can hear it in some songs.

I think I need a TV series i´m not sure if 10 sections would be enough..

MIST;4106773 said:
No biopic but a documentary about his work.from off the wall and forward.
I want to know more about how he developed musically and artistic
I would love to see Brad Sundberg and hear him talk about making music with Michael, people he co wrote songs with-I´m interested in the lyrics too I think Carole Bayer Sager was involved with We´ve had enough..Iwant to know more .
Other musicians,choreographers etc ...and of course footage.. for example from This Is It
It could be interesting to hear more about his love for classical music, how you can hear it in some songs.

I think I need a TV series i´m not sure if 10 sections would be enough..

Go to the a website that does podcasts. I'll PM you it.

Last edited:
Maybe one day. Like many others have said though it will be extremely hard to pull off. There are a few good ones out there though. I thought the Ray Charles biopic was really good.

Most people know the story of the NWA, still makes for compelling viewing. I would like to see an MJ biopic (done right of course) to be made to educate younger people on the greatness of the man.

If I wanted to show anyone the greatness of the man I'd simply show that person his music and videos, not some move where some other person imitates him. I think his work speaks for itself.

Just so you guys are know, a lot of the biopics you are mentioning are made for TV movies done very quickly and cheaply (man in the mirror, aaliyah, tlc, etc.)

Lifetime has made several based on 90s TV shows based around behind the scenes stuff (full house, saved by the bell, etc.)

It's almost as if they knew these are a joke and are ok with making them incredibly horrible.

A legit, fully fledged, theatrical biopic if done right could be good (like i said, I'd rather it be during a certain period in his life, or selected periods, rather than a full life story).

It's too bad that when people think of biopics these days, those horrendous trashy ones a la Lifetime come to mind-since they've pretty much taken over the biopic genre, I guess that's understandable.

Back in the late 80's, and the 90's even the made for TV biopic movies were really great-just like biographies used to be great. Now they've all gone down the same path as real journalism has-turned into sleazy tabloid trash.

But I'm thinking not only of the Jacksons American Dream one, but the Temptations, the Elizabeth Taylor story (with Sherilyn Fenn), the Elvis movie with Kurt Russell, the Ratpack movie-I could go on and on-the last really, really good TV biopic I saw was the Judy Garland one with Judy Davis. Really, really well done-and they used to spend big money on these too-it showed.

Again, I don't think they should touch Michael's biography for quite a few years, until a lot of things are done and settled-because I will angrily boycott anything that has an asterisk beside his name, but one thing I know for sure-I don't want Johnny Depp any where near the role-he was asked that, right after Michael died-and he did say something that every time he came out with a movie, someone compared his character to being Michael Jackson-esque. I believe it-ever since Johnny beat him Michael out for the Edward Scissorhands role, I feel like he's been trying to just channel the movie career Michael should have had.

Oh, somebody brought up Danny Tidwell earlier-man, that brought back flashback of the great old days of SYTYCD-when I was rooting hard for Neil, Sabra AND Danny all to win-I KNEW Danny reminded me of somebody at the time-and he does look like Michael when he smiles-he can really dance.

I don't think the beginning of Man In The Mirror is that bad. Besides the bad acting and look-alikes I was fine with it. Then when I realized they skipped Bad I hated it.

Back