Answer Yes or No

filmandmusic

Proud Member
Should MJ have continued working with Quincy?
Should MJ have included come together on HIStory?
Should MJ have done his concerts the way he sang in the studio instead of huge choreographed bombastic shows?
Should MJ have ditched the Motown medley on tour?
Hypothetically: should MJ have continued touring post This Is It?
Should shout have been on Invincible?
Should the MJ and Steven Spielberg Peter Pan collaboration have gone through?
Should MJ have pursued more acting parts?
Should MJ have reunited one last time with his brothers for an album?
Should MJ have reunited one last time with his brothers for a tour?
Should someone in the dark have been part of the ET movie?
Should the Estate release everything from the vault in the next 10/15 years?
Should MJ have released an extra album between Thriller and Bad given there was no long grueling world tour?
Should MJ have altered his controversial performances for Earth Song?
Was the controversy behind the lyrics and videos of They Don’t Care About Us justified?
Was the controversy for the Black or White video justified?
Was MJ’s excessive miming in the 90s justified?
Should Motown release more Jackson 5 material from the vaults?
Should Motown release more J5 live concert albums?
Could MJ have finished all 50 London dates for This Is it?
Should the Estate ask David Michael Frank to finish up MJ’s classical project?
Should MJ have been less reclusive and enigmatic?
Was the marriage of MJ with Lisa Marie a publicity stunt?
Was the marriage of Debby Rowe and MJ a love affair?
Should the girl is mine have been ditched for another track?
Do you think the McCartney and Jackson collaborations have chemistry?
Do you think Michael brought a llama into the recording studio during the Mercury sessions?
Do you think Michael was out of touch with reality?
Do you think Michael could have been a ballet dancer?
Do you think Michael could have been a competitive dancer ( so you think you can dance, various styles)
Do you think I should ask more question?

Should MJ have continued working with Quincy? YES
Should MJ have included come together on HIStory? YES
Should MJ have done his concerts the way he sang in the studio instead of huge choreographed bombastic shows? NO
Should MJ have ditched the Motown medley on tour? NO
Hypothetically: should MJ have continued touring post This Is It? NO
Should shout have been on Invincible? NO
Should the MJ and Steven Spielberg Peter Pan collaboration have gone through? YES
Should MJ have pursued more acting parts? YES
Should MJ have reunited one last time with his brothers for an album? YES
Should MJ have reunited one last time with his brothers for a tour? NO
Should someone in the dark have been part of the ET movie? YES
Should the Estate release everything from the vault in the next 10/15 years? YES YES
Should MJ have released an extra album between Thriller and Bad given there was no long grueling world tour? YES
Should MJ have altered his controversial performances for Earth Song? YES
Was the controversy behind the lyrics and videos of They Don’t Care About Us justified? YES
Was the controversy for the Black or White video justified? YES
Was MJ’s excessive miming in the 90s justified? YES
Should Motown release more Jackson 5 material from the vaults? YES
Should Motown release more J5 live concert albums? YES
Could MJ have finished all 50 London dates for This Is it? NO NO
Should the Estate ask David Michael Frank to finish up MJ’s classical project? YES
Should MJ have been less reclusive and enigmatic? NO
Was the marriage of MJ with Lisa Marie a publicity stunt? NO
Was the marriage of Debby Rowe and MJ a love affair? NO
Should the girl is mine have been ditched for another track? NO
Do you think the McCartney and Jackson collaborations have chemistry? NO
Do you think Michael brought a llama into the recording studio during the Mercury sessions? NO
Do you think Michael was out of touch with reality? NO
Do you think Michael could have been a ballet dancer? YES
Do you think Michael could have been a competitive dancer ( so you think you can dance, various styles) NO
Do you think I should ask more question? YES

Should MJ have continued working with Quincy? No.
Should MJ have included come together on HIStory? No.
Should MJ have done his concerts the way he sang in the studio instead of huge choreographed bombastic shows? Yes/No. (Why not do both? Small, intimate shows here, big stadium shows there.)
Should MJ have ditched the Motown medley on tour? YES! It was so predictable.
Hypothetically: should MJ have continued touring post This Is It? No.
Should shout have been on Invincible? YES!
Should the MJ and Steven Spielberg Peter Pan collaboration have gone through? Eh? I would’ve loved to hear the soundtrack, but that’s about it.
Should MJ have pursued more acting parts? Yes.
Should MJ have reunited one last time with his brothers for an album? No. No. No.
Should MJ have reunited one last time with his brothers for a tour? NO. NO. NO.
Should someone in the dark have been part of the ET movie? Yes.
Should the Estate release everything from the vault in the next 10/15 years? Maybe. Not everything, but a decent amount.
Should MJ have released an extra album between Thriller and Bad given there was no long grueling world tour? No. Quality > quantity.
Should MJ have altered his controversial performances for Earth Song? No.
Was the controversy behind the lyrics and videos of They Don’t Care About Us justified? Yes to the lyrics, no to the videos.
Was the controversy for the Black or White video justified? No.
Was MJ’s excessive miming in the 90s justified? Absolutely not.
Should Motown release more Jackson 5 material from the vaults? Eh, I don’t care.
Should Motown release more J5 live concert albums? Eh, I don’t care.
Could MJ have finished all 50 London dates for This Is it? No.
Should the Estate ask David Michael Frank to finish up MJ’s classical project? Yes.
Should MJ have been less reclusive and enigmatic? YES.
Was the marriage of MJ with Lisa Marie a publicity stunt? No.
Was the marriage of Debby Rowe and MJ a love affair? Yes.
Should the girl is mine have been ditched for another track? Maybe. I like it, but I’m sure there are better songs in the vault MJ and McCartney could have duetted on.
Do you think the McCartney and Jackson collaborations have chemistry? Sort of.
Do you think Michael brought a llama into the recording studio during the Mercury sessions? Lol I wouldn’t doubt it.
Do you think Michael was out of touch with reality? Yes, and it caused him to ruin his own life in multiple ways.
Do you think Michael could have been a ballet dancer? Yes.
Do you think Michael could have been a competitive dancer ( so you think you can dance, various styles) Yes.

Do you think Michael brought a llama into the recording studio during the Mercury sessions?
No, of course.

There is no truth to the myth that Michael Jackson brought a llama into the recording studio during the Mercury sessions.

This llama story is actually fictional, but it was passed off as a real one by certain tabloid media at that time.

Note that it has been said that even Michael Jackson himself used to plant such weird, harmless (but actually fake) stories about him in the tabloid media/press during those years.

Besides, this llama story has already been disputed by people from Freddie Mercury's camp.

These questions deserve their own, separate threads.

Should MJ have continued working with Quincy? No, he needed to go in a different direction post Bad.
No, it should have been replaced with Morphine.
Should MJ have done his concerts the way he sang in the studio instead of huge choreographed bombastic shows?
No.
Not ditch it but perform different Jackson 5 songs. J5 had more than three songs.
No, This Is It would have been his final tour.
No, I never was a big fan of Shout, despite its popularity among the fanbase.
Don't care.
No, I don't think MJ was a very good actor. Perhaps he could have done certain type of roles, but acting wasn't for him, in my opinion.
No, maybe for a song, but not a whole album.
No.
Yes.
Absolutely.
Should MJ have released an extra album between Thriller and Bad given there was no long grueling world tour?
Yes, I think he should have released an album in 85-86 and then Bad in 89.
Yes.
Was the controversy behind the lyrics and videos of They Don’t Care About Us justified?
No.
No.
Absolutely not!
Yes.
Yes.
No, I think the tour would have been cancelled half way.
Yes.
Yes.
No.
No.
No, I like it.
No.
No.
Yes, I think he should have known that having sleepover with kids would look incredibly suspicious. He was incredibly naive as a person.
Yes.
Do you think Michael could have been a competitive dancer ( so you think you can dance, various styles)
Yes.

Should MJ have continued working with Quincy? Not necessarily, we wouldn't have gotten the Dangerous and HIStory we know and love. Heck I even like Invincible (even though I wish there were more Michael-penned songs on it). Perhaps a hypothetical fourth Quincy-produced album would've still been good, but it's hard to say. I personally like the albums we got instead. Plus, they proved that Michael could succeed even without Quincy.
Should MJ have included come together on HIStory? Hard to say. I guess it does fit together with Smile in a way; these two songs make HIStory his only adult album to feature any cover versions. Perhaps an updated mix could've been used though.
Should MJ have done his concerts the way he sang in the studio instead of huge choreographed bombastic shows? No, since he wouldn't have been able to dance as much. Or at least, not "instead of"; I'm not opposed to "in addition to".
Should MJ have ditched the Motown medley on tour? No. The only substitute I accept would be different Motown-era songs, perhaps in non-medley form, but I wouldn't want to see the Motown era entirely rejected.
Hypothetically: should MJ have continued touring post This Is It? Not necessarily, he had other plans and dreams. He was not a big fan of touring, I would've preferred to see him pursue his true passions instead.
Should shout have been on Invincible? YES!!!! (Though I do like Speechless wait, I think it was You Are My Life as well.)
Should the MJ and Steven Spielberg Peter Pan collaboration have gone through? Maybe, the idea does pique my curiosity.
Should MJ have pursued more acting parts? I'm not entirely sure. He did have the skill for it, but I'm afraid that the public would mostly just see "Michael Jackson" on the screen instead of the character he'd be actually playing. This is fine for his own short films, as well as for cameo appearances, but I'm not sure it would've worked for a serious film project unrelated to his craft. An exception might've been a musical, such as Phantom of the Opera. Michael as a director, though? Hard "yes".
Should MJ have reunited one last time with his brothers for an album? I'm not opposed to it, but only if Michael wouldn't feel constrained by it.
Should MJ have reunited one last time with his brothers for a tour? See above.
Should someone in the dark have been part of the ET movie? I wouldn't have been opposed to that, so sure.
Should the Estate release everything from the vault in the next 10/15 years? Anything that's worth releasing, yes. Including any classical music.
Should MJ have released an extra album between Thriller and Bad given there was no long grueling world tour? Given the Pepsi incident, maybe not. Quality over quantity, anyway.
Should MJ have altered his controversial performances for Earth Song? NO.
Was the controversy behind the lyrics and videos of They Don’t Care About Us justified? The videos? Absolutely not. The lyrics? Half yes half no; people bring up Biggie but he was at least black, whereas Michael wasn't Jewish. That being said, on the other hand it was to prove a point, although I'm not sure I would've made the same choice. Still love the song though!
Was the controversy for the Black or White video justified? HELL TO THE EFF NO, LOL. The Panther Dance is my favorite bit of choreography Michael ever did! Plus, there has been much raunchier/more scandalous stuff on MTV, even back in those days. Perhaps it's no coincidence that his videos where he reaffirms his black identity were also the most controversial.
Was MJ’s excessive miming in the 90s justified? Yes, since he was dealing with health issues during the HIStory tour. I'd personally rather see lip sync than hear an illness-affected voice.
Should Motown release more Jackson 5 material from the vaults? Sure, why not?
Should Motown release more J5 live concert albums? See above.
Could MJ have finished all 50 London dates for This Is it? I'm not sure the tour would've succeeded at all, given how behind they were on schedule. Plus Michael originally only agreed to do 10 shows; it should've been just those 10, then maybe it could've worked. Although of course Murray was anything but trustworthy. *cough*
Should the Estate ask David Michael Frank to finish up MJ’s classical project? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What??? No!!
Was the marriage of MJ with Lisa Marie a publicity stunt? No. The fact they had an on-and-off relationship after their divorce shows me that they were genuine. That being said, I don't think it was meant to last, but that's a different story.
Was the marriage of Debby Rowe and MJ a love affair? I'm not sure, though he was married to her for longer than with Lisa Marie, so there's at least that.
Should the girl is mine have been ditched for another track? Not necessarily.
Do you think the McCartney and Jackson collaborations have chemistry? Yes! Although I do prefer the two tracks they recorded for Pipes of Peace.
Do you think Michael brought a llama into the recording studio during the Mercury sessions? I'm not sure, but I don't really care either way, lol.
Do you think Michael was out of touch with reality? No, but I do think he was somewhat naive at times.
Do you think Michael could have been a ballet dancer? No, I think he was better at his usual skill of combining street dance with some ballet.
Do you think Michael could have been a competitive dancer ( so you think you can dance, various styles) As in, with a partner? Not sure. He was more of a solo dancer, but who knows.
Do you think I should ask more question? Yeah, I think this is fun!

Last edited:
No.

Yes. It's part of his HIStory after all.

Yes. I really crave an MJ concert where it's just unplugged and him singing.

No. I never liked it when I was young, so I totally get the "no". But now, I appreciate it more.

No. It was never a comeback, so why should he.

Yes. Good message.

Not sure tbh. He always loved movies so much, I wish he would have acted more.

Yes. Sometimes his acting is awful, sometimes I really really love it. So I vote for more acting, because I'm selfish and I want more.

No. On the other hand, if it would be cheesy songs about world peace, I would accept it!

No. My man is stressed out enough. He hates touring.

Yes. But tbh I don't really care that much.

Officially answer: No
my personal selfish answer that go against Michael's wishes: Yes

No. Let him chill.

No. It's not his fault they can't deal with his theatrical performances. All the atheists suddenly being offended lmao!

This is why we can't have nice things

Nah!

Probably yes.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

idk

No. Leave him alone.

Yes and No.

No.

Yes.

No.

(Probably) No. But it's a fun explanation, right? I also heard it was Bubbles, HAHA!

Yes. But. Leave this Pisces Virgo man alone. He is an idealist and dreamer, let him live.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Should MJ have continued working with Quincy? No
Should MJ have included come together on HIStory? yes but the full version needed to be on there.
Should MJ have done his concerts the way he sang in the studio instead of huge choreographed bombastic shows? no
Should MJ have ditched the Motown medley on tour? maybe switch it up a bit
Hypothetically: should MJ have continued touring post This Is It? maybe on a smaller scale
Should shout have been on Invincible? yes
Should the MJ and Steven Spielberg Peter Pan collaboration have gone through? maybe
Should MJ have pursued more acting parts? yes
Should MJ have reunited one last time with his brothers for an album? He did, it bombed
Should MJ have reunited one last time with his brothers for a tour? no
Should someone in the dark have been part of the ET movie? yes
Should the Estate release everything from the vault in the next 10/15 years? depends on the material.
Should MJ have released an extra album between Thriller and Bad given there was no long grueling world tour? No
Should MJ have altered his controversial performances for Earth Song? no
Was the controversy behind the lyrics and videos of They Don’t Care About Us justified? no
Was the controversy for the Black or White video justified? no
Was MJ’s excessive miming in the 90s justified? no
Should Motown release more Jackson 5 material from the vaults? yes
Should Motown release more J5 live concert albums?yes
Could MJ have finished all 50 London dates for This Is it? no
Should the Estate ask David Michael Frank to finish up MJ’s classical project? It's his choice, not theirs.
Should MJ have been less reclusive and enigmatic? yes
Was the marriage of MJ with Lisa Marie a publicity stunt? no, but the Debbie Rowe one was
Was the marriage of Debby Rowe and MJ a love affair? no
Should the girl is mine have been ditched for another track? yes
Do you think the McCartney and Jackson collaborations have chemistry? Just Say Say Say
Do you think Michael brought a llama into the recording studio during the Mercury sessions? probably
Do you think Michael was out of touch with reality? a little
Do you think Michael could have been a ballet dancer? no
Do you think Michael could have been a competitive dancer ( so you think you can dance, various styles) yes
Do you think I should ask more question? meh

Should MJ have continued working with Quincy? - No
Should MJ have included come together on HIStory? - No
Should MJ have done his concerts the way he sang in the studio instead of huge choreographed bombastic shows? - NO; it's not even possible to recreate the studio thing for a live show ... / ... instead of huge choreographed bombastic shows? - Mm, it's probably quite hard for a stadium show not to be bombastic. Plus, Michael was very theatrical. But - health issues aside - it should be possible to design a full-on stadium show with live vocals.
Should MJ have ditched the Motown medley on tour? - just change the goddamn songs, man! Different songs, different dance routines. There is such an awesome back catalogue there. Make it work for you!
Hypothetically: should MJ have continued touring post This Is It? - No
Should shout have been on Invincible? - yes, in theory, but then you'd have to ditch one of the other songs and I'm not doing that, lol. Also, I'd rather have We've Had Enough than Shout. In my head Invincible is a double CD. Sorted, lol.
Should the MJ and Steven Spielberg Peter Pan collaboration have gone through? - No
Should MJ have pursued more acting parts? - No
Should MJ have reunited one last time with his brothers for an album? - No. No way!!!
Should MJ have reunited one last time with his brothers for a tour? - Hell no!
Should someone in the dark have been part of the ET movie? - Yes
Should the Estate release everything from the vault in the next 10/15 years? - No. In the next 3 - 5 years, thanks!
Should MJ have released an extra album between Thriller and Bad given there was no long grueling world tour? - No!!!
Should MJ have altered his controversial performances for Earth Song? - didn't know there was a controversy. Was there? Wasn't paying attention. Are we talking Jarvis Cocker? I have no idea, lol.
Was the controversy behind the lyrics and videos of They Don’t Care About Us justified? - I understand the lyrics and what he was doing but he was being a bit tone-deaf there. Not his finest moment, lyrically. Video? No.
Was the controversy for the Black or White video justified? - No. Absolute nonsense.
Was MJ’s excessive miming in the 90s justified? - No
Should Motown release more Jackson 5 material from the vaults? - Yes
Should Motown release more J5 live concert albums? - Hell, yes!
Could MJ have finished all 50 London dates for This Is it? - Doubtful
Should the Estate ask David Michael Frank to finish up MJ’s classical project? - Yes
Should MJ have been less reclusive and enigmatic? - oh god, I don't know! It's his personal life, not really any of my business. Also, was he really reclusive? I'm not so sure.
Was the marriage of MJ with Lisa Marie a publicity stunt? - dunno
Was the marriage of Debby Rowe and MJ a love affair? - doesn't seem likely but don't really care, none of my business
Should the girl is mine have been ditched for another track? - yes
Do you think the McCartney and Jackson collaborations have chemistry? - No but Michael and Linda's voices on The Man sound glorious together. So there's that.
Do you think Michael brought a llama into the recording studio during the Mercury sessions? - No
Do you think Michael was out of touch with reality? - sometimes. In certain parts of his life.
Do you think Michael could have been a ballet dancer? - dunno but probably not. But doing jazz ballet in a musical? Now that's possible.
Do you think Michael could have been a competitive dancer ( so you think you can dance, various styles) - No. He's an artist. He's above that sorta thing.
Do you think I should ask more question? - god, yeah!

Last edited:
Should MJ have continued working with Quincy? Yes

Should MJ have included come together on HIStory? Yes

Should MJ have done his concerts the way he sang in the studio instead of huge choreographed bombastic shows? Yes

Should MJ have ditched the Motown medley on tour? Yes

Hypothetically: should MJ have continued touring post This Is It? .....

Should shout have been on Invincible? No

Should the MJ and Steven Spielberg Peter Pan collaboration have gone through? YES YES YES

Should MJ have pursued more acting parts? Yes. all of the star wars franchise ,Legend, Labyrinth, Hook, Memento - think of a dark and beautiful lingering who is it . Charlie and the ...( Sorry johnny, Mj is taking half your roles according to me LOL ) , I am legend , (sorry Will Smith, half of yours too and i need 1983 him to be the Fresh prince of Bel Air too -Sorry ) i need him on diffrent strokes with janet , so can do sitcoms too. Latoya can be there too. I need 1974 him to be Elliot in ET. lets see... really wanna shake Hollywood up here
Some part on Home Alone!(dearest Mac YOU can stay haha ) ..all of Keanu roles - wanna see him on The Breakfast Club , to name but a few... !! 🤭
.....OOh ...The Goonies, I would love him in The Lost boys ...*fans self* (its okay Corey we are still keeping you!)
Um Big .Joe vs the Volcano ..Tom Hanks out - sorry ....
Leon, Phonebooth, YES! Faster. I need his face and close ups in Crank .YOU ALL DO TOO lol ...all of those high speed chase ....oh dear me. Yes please !
also, .The Hunt for Red October , .some political ones..London has fallen...
( basically selfishly yet unapologetic ally want to rearrange all of Hollywood as we know it!
(apart from any Marty back to the future roles! M J Fox & Christopher Lloyd was brilliant for those. Corey you can stay. ) but Johnny we will have to name ESH - Edward handsomeness (Sorry dear Johnny again you can co star in some of your movies ok?)

Edit - Yellow Submarine ...Beatles , step aside ! All of Disney franchise - wipe that clean. oh , and John Travolta can be out of all his roles I'm sorry john lol ...
oh ,and all Italian horror movie directors step this way to work with Michael . okay i am off my silly soap box guys!! :LOL:

Should MJ have reunited one last time with his brothers for an album? No

Should MJ have reunited one last time with his brothers for a tour? No

Should someone in the dark have been part of the ET movie? YES YES YES

Should the Estate release everything from the vault in the next 10/15 years? No

Should MJ have released an extra album between Thriller and Bad given there was no long grueling world tour? YES YES YES

Should MJ have altered his controversial performances for Earth Song? Yes

Was the controversy behind the lyrics and videos of They Don’t Care About Us justified? Yes Its where we are now. absolutely.

Was the controversy for the Black or White video justified? YES YES YES

Should Motown release more Jackson 5 material from the vaults? Yes

Should Motown release more J5 live concert albums? Yes

Should the Estate ask David Michael Frank to finish up MJ’s classical project? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

Should MJ have been less reclusive and enigmatic? :( No...because that wouldn't have been Michael then.

Was the marriage of MJ with Lisa Marie a publicity stunt? No

Should the girl is mine have been ditched for another track? NO

Do you think the McCartney and Jackson collaborations have chemistry? NO

Do you think Michael brought a llama into the recording studio during the Mercury sessions? No...actually :confused::unsure::sneaky:🤭maybe...🤭:LOL:IIamas like studios too!

Do you think Michael could have been a ballet dancer? Yes....ooh...an alternative reality! although he had much more to say.

Do you think I should ask more question? Yes🤭

Last edited:
Should MJ have pursued more acting parts? Yes. all of the star wars franchise ,Legend, Labyrinth, Hook, Memento - think of a dark and beautiful lingering who is it . Charlie and the ...( Sorry johnny, Mj is taking half your roles according to me LOL ) , I am legend , (sorry Will Smith, half of yours too and i need 1983 him to be the Fresh prince of Bel Air too -Sorry ) i need him on diffrent strokes with janet , so can do sitcoms too. Latoya can be there too. I need 1974 him to be Elliot in ET. lets see... really wanna shake Hollywood up here
Some part on Home Alone!(dearest Mac YOU can stay haha ) ..all of Keanu roles - wanna see him on The Breakfast Club , to name but a few... !! 🤭
.....OOh ...The Goonies, I would love him in The Lost boys ...*fans self* (its okay Corey we are still keeping you!)
Um Big .Joe vs the Volcano ..Tom Hanks out - sorry ....
Leon, Phonebooth, YES! Faster. I need his face and close ups in Crank .YOU ALL DO TOO lol ...all of those high speed chase ....oh dear me. Yes please !
also, .The Hunt for Red October , .some political ones..London has fallen...
( basically selfishly yet unapologetic ally want to rearrange all of Hollywood as we know it!
(apart from any Marty back to the future roles! M J Fox & Christopher Lloyd was brilliant for those. Corey you can stay. ) but Johnny we will have to name ESH - Edward handsomeness (Sorry dear Johnny again you can co star in some of your movies ok?)

Edit - Yellow Submarine ...Beatles , step aside ! All of Disney franchise - wipe that clean. oh , and John Travolta can be out of all his roles I'm sorry john lol ...
oh ,and all Italian horror movie directors step this way to work with Michael . okay i am off my silly soap box guys!! :LOL:
wendi, your answer was wild!! 😲

No.

No.

No. Additionally yes.

No.

No.

No. Invincible is too long already & awkwardly sequenced. Cut Invincible to a 9-11 song record. Keep the rest of the songs for the next (2003) album.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

No. WTF!

No. WTF!

No!

Yes. Health goes first!

Yes.

Yes.

--

Give us MJ's classical project in the best possible way.

No.

No.

No.

Yes.

Yes.

Probably yes.

Which reality?

No.

Yes.

Yes.

Should MJ have continued working with Quincy? YES
Should MJ have included come together on HIStory? ABSOLUTELY NOT. THE OTHER NEW 14 TRACKS WERE ENOUGH
Should MJ have done his concerts the way he sang in the studio instead of huge choreographed bombastic shows? NO, WHY?
Should MJ have ditched the Motown medley on tour? YES
Hypothetically: should MJ have continued touring post This Is It? NO RETIREMENT IS GOOD
Should shout have been on Invincible? YES, IN PLACE OF "YOU ARE MY LIFE"
Should the MJ and Steven Spielberg Peter Pan collaboration have gone through? YES
Should MJ have pursued more acting parts? YES. IMMEDIATELY POST WIZ. 78-82
Should MJ have reunited one last time with his brothers for an album? NO
Should MJ have reunited one last time with his brothers for a tour? YES
Should someone in the dark have been part of the ET movie? NOOOO
Should the Estate release everything from the vault in the next 10/15 years? YESSSSS
Should MJ have released an extra album between Thriller and Bad given there was no long grueling world tour? NOPE THERE WAS VICTORY
Should MJ have altered his controversial performances for Earth Song? YES IT WAS TOO MUCH. MICHAEL ISN'T CHRIST.
Was the controversy behind the lyrics and videos of They Don’t Care About Us justified? NO IT WAS UNFAIR. THAT SAGA WAS PATHETIC.
Was the controversy for the Black or White video justified? THE ZIPPER SHOULD HAVE BEEN DELETED. THAT'S ALL
Was MJ’s excessive miming in the 90s justified? UMM NO
Should Motown release more Jackson 5 material from the vaults? ABSOLUTELY, LAST RELEASE WAS A DECADE AGO
Should Motown release more J5 live concert albums? OMG YESSSSSSSSSS
Could MJ have finished all 50 London dates for This Is it? NO, HE WOULD HAVE CANCELLED MANY
Should the Estate ask David Michael Frank to finish up MJ’s classical project? NO. ZZZZZZ
Should MJ have been less reclusive and enigmatic? YES
Was the marriage of MJ with Lisa Marie a publicity stunt? YES. BUT LISA DID LOVE HIM.
Was the marriage of Debby Rowe and MJ a love affair? NO. SHE WAS A SURROGATE. A BUSINESS DEAL.
Should the girl is mine have been ditched for another track? NO. IT'S PERFECTION.
Do you think the McCartney and Jackson collaborations have chemistry? YES
Do you think Michael brought a llama into the recording studio during the Mercury sessions? MJ WANTED FM TO STOP SMOKING SO WENT OUTSIDE TO GET THE LLAMA.
Do you think Michael was out of touch with reality? DEFINITELY NOT
Do you think Michael could have been a ballet dancer? NO
Do you think Michael could have been a competitive dancer ( so you think you can dance, various styles) NO
Do you think I should ask more question? NO

Should MJ have continued working with Quincy? no
Should MJ have included come together on HIStory? yes
Should MJ have done his concerts the way he sang in the studio instead of huge choreographed bombastic shows? no
Should MJ have ditched the Motown medley on tour? no
Hypothetically: should MJ have continued touring post This Is It? no
Should shout have been on Invincible? no
Should the MJ and Steven Spielberg Peter Pan collaboration have gone through? yes
Should MJ have pursued more acting parts? yes
Should MJ have reunited one last time with his brothers for an album? yes
Should MJ have reunited one last time with his brothers for a tour? yes
Should someone in the dark have been part of the ET movie? dunno
Should the Estate release everything from the vault in the next 10/15 years? dunno, don't care
Should MJ have released an extra album between Thriller and Bad given there was no long grueling world tour? no
Should MJ have altered his controversial performances for Earth Song? no
Was the controversy behind the lyrics and videos of They Don’t Care About Us justified? I don't understand the question
Was the controversy for the Black or White video justified? I don't understand the question
Was MJ’s excessive miming in the 90s justified? meh
Should Motown release more Jackson 5 material from the vaults? hell yes
Should Motown release more J5 live concert albums? hell yes
Could MJ have finished all 50 London dates for This Is it? dunno
Should the Estate ask David Michael Frank to finish up MJ’s classical project? don't care
Should MJ have been less reclusive and enigmatic? don't care
Was the marriage of MJ with Lisa Marie a publicity stunt? no
Was the marriage of Debby Rowe and MJ a love affair? dunno, don't care
Should the girl is mine have been ditched for another track? no
Do you think the McCartney and Jackson collaborations have chemistry? yes
Do you think Michael brought a llama into the recording studio during the Mercury sessions? dunno
Do you think Michael was out of touch with reality? no
Do you think Michael could have been a ballet dancer? no
Do you think Michael could have been a competitive dancer ( so you think you can dance, various styles) yes
Do you think I should ask more question? dunno

Should MJ have continued working with Quincy? No. I think he had outgrown that partnership.

Should MJ have included come together on HIStory? No. It didn't belong imo. But he should have included it in his marriage proposal to me.

Should MJ have done his concerts the way he sang in the studio instead of huge choreographed bombastic shows? I love the big bombastic shows! But I would saw off a limb if it meant I could get a stripped down, unplugged, just MJ beatboxing, with a piano and some vocals concert. MICHAEL JACKSON TINY DESK CONCERT. Dear GOD. Take my bloody stump of an arm right now.

Should MJ have ditched the Motown medley on tour? ABSOLUTELY NOT. My heart is on fire with love the entire time.

Hypothetically: should MJ have continued touring post This Is It? No. I would love to see him retire. My dream is an MJ podcast or radio show where he just talks and shares music he loves and tells stories. These are the projects I envision in my alternate universe.

Should shout have been on Invincible? 🤷‍♀️

Should the MJ and Steven Spielberg Peter Pan collaboration have gone through? I would have loved this.

Should MJ have pursued more acting parts? Maybe in the early 80s. After that I don't think it ever would have worked, so no. Directing/producing though, writing scores, etc. Go for it MJ! Live the dream.

Should MJ have reunited one last time with his brothers for an album? Nah.

Should MJ have reunited one last time with his brothers for a tour? No. No. No.

Should someone in the dark have been part of the ET movie? YES 😍 But I'm also of the mind that every thing on planet earth is better with a smattering of MJ.

Should the Estate release everything from the vault in the next 10/15 years? Probably. I don't know. Yes? As long as they also give me 4k concert footage with a theatrical release, each venue equipped with lots of water, fainting chairs, and someone available to read my last rites after I die in heavenly bliss, then I will be happy.

Should MJ have released an extra album between Thriller and Bad given there was no long grueling world tour? No. I think we should normalize artists taking their time to produce quality work. Don't rush genius (this is also what I tell myself when I continue to produce nothing in my fledgling artistic career). But for MJ I really mean it.

Should MJ have altered his controversial performances for Earth Song? Nah. They are a bit odd, but I'm sort of here for it? Let ME hug MJ and cry about the planet! 🌍

Was the controversy behind the lyrics and videos of They Don’t Care About Us justified? No. I think people were intentionally dense. The meaning was very clear.

Was the controversy for the Black or White video justified? Not even a little bit.

Was MJ’s excessive miming in the 90s justified? Yes. I respect MJ and his limits. This doesn't mean I wouldn't have preferred things be different, though.

Should Motown release more Jackson 5 material from the vaults? GOD YES PLEASE!

Should Motown release more J5 live concert albums? Literally, what are the waiting for? Me to chop off a leg?

Could MJ have finished all 50 London dates for This Is it? I don't know. Probably not. Poor MJ 😞

Should the Estate ask David Michael Frank to finish up MJ’s classical project? I would saw off another of my remaining limbs for the classical album. I'm not sure why anyone would require this...

Should MJ have been less reclusive and enigmatic? No. He didn't do anything wrong. He had every right to his own boundaries. The world was wrong for how they treated him.

Was the marriage of MJ with Lisa Marie a publicity stunt? Not at all.

Was the marriage of Debby Rowe and MJ a love affair? I sincerely doubt it. But I do think Debbie was probably in love with him (I mean, who wouldn't be?)

Should the girl is mine have been ditched for another track? Absolutely not. I will never understand the hate it receives. I absolutely love it. Thriller is a no skips album and I will die on that (and many other MJ-related) hills.

Do you think the McCartney and Jackson collaborations have chemistry? Absolutely! But McCartney's voice does nothing to my soul, so I would prefer solo MJ on all of the tracks. Sorry, Paul! You've got plenty of fans. You don't need me.

Do you think Michael brought a llama into the recording studio during the Mercury sessions? I so badly want this to be true, that I will spread this fake news like butter all day long.

Do you think Michael was out of touch with reality? No. At least, not at all in the way people think he was.

Do you think Michael could have been a ballet dancer? I have no idea, but I'm glad he was the King of Pop (and my heart) instead.

Do you think Michael could have been a competitive dancer ( so you think you can dance, various styles) I'm not sure Michael had limits when it came to dance. I also know nothing about dance. I can't even sway with rhythm.

Do you think I should ask more question? Yes. This is my life now.

Thanks, @filmandmusic ... that was fun!

Should MJ have pursued more acting parts? - No
I stand by this but, on reflection, maybe he could have done more audio books. Also, maybe he could have voiced some characters in animated films. No idea when he would have had time for this, in the 1980's especially. But I like the idea and think it could have worked.

I need 1974 him to be Elliot in ET. lets see... really wanna shake Hollywood up here
images

So it's this era Michael we're talking about, yeah?

I'm sort of coming around to the idea (either that or I'm bored out of my brain today - but I didn't say that, lol). Don't know if Michael would have had the acting chops to carry it off but he def would understand the mindset of Eliot as a lonely kid.

I can sort of see it ...

I don't think Michael could have done this but, as a warm and cosy daydream, the idea of him turning Hollywood upside-down the way he did with the music industry ... I do like that idea.

and John Travolta can be out of all his roles I'm sorry john lol ...
Er, just no! No way could Michael bring the cool that John had for Saturday Night Fever and Grease. Even Jeff Conaway who played Danny on Broadway had to step aside for John Travolta when they made the film.

Not saying Michael isn't cool. Of course he is, just not Danny Zuko cool. Michael has a different swagger.

Should MJ have released an extra album between Thriller and Bad given there was no long grueling world tour? YES YES YES
wendi, you've got him taking over Hollywood. When is he going to have time to do this extra album! The poor guy! :ROFLMAO:

Do you think I should ask more question? Yes🤭
I'd love it if f&m did more questions but he's moved on.

He had his reasons to terminate the collaboration but I'd love to hear one more album with Quincy.

No.

The bombastic shows were out of this world, so no. But an unplugged concert would also melt my heart.

Yes. But keep the Jacksons'.

No. That was it.

Yes.

I don't know enough about it.

His acting is best in MVs, still yes.

No.

No.

Yes!

No.

No. Let him create masterpieces at his own pace.

No.

Yes.

Definitely NO.

I understand it but I don't feel good about it.

I don't know J5 THAT well yet.

I haven't listened to any J5 live albums, I need to change it!

-

Another thing I need to read about.

Probably yes. Hard to judge the most popular person in the world.

Nah. She was no random woman. She was Lisa Marie Presley.

Not a romantic love affair but there are different types of love.

I love Paul but it's my least favourite Thriller track. Yes.

Yes. Say Say Say is great.

I hope it's true.

Who am I to judge?

Not knowledgable about dance. HOWEVER... The bridge part in Bad MV always makes me think I'd loooove to see him as a ballet dancer.

As above.

Definitely! That was fun!

This Is It was not even a tour. It was a residency. MJ could've done lots of those. So I'll go out on a limb and say, yes maybe he should've. Done more residencies and given more concerts, but only when he wanted and felt in adequate shape.

I think if he had made it to the Pandemic days. He would've started virtual concert series ' or things equivalent to that anyway.
I'm swinging back around to Yes. For a few reasons.

Owning the Beatles catalog is a part of His Story, and him buying the catalogue was a huge moment in history. So it does fit. And I'm going down the worm hole of the theory about how David Geffen was responsible for ruining MJs career, and this song seems to be at the center of it. So let us wait and say, it works well enough.

Michael is not Justin Timberlake: that man has never parted ways with Timbaland and it peaked a while ago. So I am totally fine with MJ moving on. Quincy's touch wasn't there after a while either; he isn't exactly a "producer" but he has smart music tastes.

I think the real question people should ask is why did MJ never work with another respected peer in the industry, why did he always choose up and coming talents that may (or may not) have felt less inclined to say no to him. Beyond Quincy, there's any number of Motown alumni, Stevie Wonder was pretty great throughout. And Q ain't the only notable name in Jazz, Ray Charles was still aliveI. There was always George Duke.

Imagine Michael sought out David Bowie to produce him a song or something equally wild. But, MJ wanted hits so he went to contemporary hitmakers. Not to say they were amateurs but, never anyone with as much seniority as him..and maybe there weren't as many left as I'm thinking.

Michael is not Justin Timberlake: that man has never parted ways with Timbaland and it peaked a while ago. So I am totally fine with MJ moving on. Quincy's touch wasn't there after a while either; he isn't exactly a "producer" but he has smart music tastes.
I was reading today about Donna Summer’s self titled 1981 album. Quincy was the producer and the record company thought having him as producer would make the album a big hit (because of what happened with Off the wall) it backfired as it was one of her least selling albums at the time with only 1 top 10 hit.
The album itself is fantastic though but this proves it is still not the producer who makes the album it is the singer.

I think the real question people should ask is why did MJ never work with another respected peer in the industry, why did he always choose up and coming talents that may (or may not) have felt less inclined to say no to him.
Hm, I never really thought of it like that.

Beyond Quincy, there's any number of Motown alumni, Stevie Wonder was pretty great throughout. And Q ain't the only notable name in Jazz, Ray Charles was still aliveI. There was always George Duke.
The Stevie thing is slightly odd. Since he used people for a few songs, not a whole album, it does seem a little strange that he never got Stevie in to do something. Not saying he was wrong, just seems like a slightly unexpected omission.

Imagine Michael sought out David Bowie to produce him a song or something equally wild.
Mm, no David Bowie for me but I like your thinking on this.

But, MJ wanted hits so he went to contemporary hitmakers.
I kind of wish he had reached a point where he didn't chase hits quite so hard. Not really. He wouldn't have been Michael. But, in an alternate universe, in my mind, he's not so driven by that.

Not to say they were amateurs but, never anyone with as much seniority as him..and maybe there weren't as many left as I'm thinking.
It is interesting, isn't it? The psychology of it.

Hm, I never really thought of it like that.

The Stevie thing is slightly odd. Since he used people for a few songs, not a whole album, it does seem a little strange that he never got Stevie in to do something. Not saying he was wrong, just seems like a slightly unexpected omission.

Mm, no David Bowie for me but I like your thinking on this.

I kind of wish he had reached a point where he didn't chase hits quite so hard. Not really. He wouldn't have been Michael. But, in an alternate universe, in my mind, he's not so driven by that.

It is interesting, isn't it? The psychology of it.
MJ wanted his independence and his credit so he had to leave Quincy, and likely anyone like him that would take the same position. Anyone with more seniority than him, would be from a different genre. Carlos Santana for one. Or David Foster.

Imagine he went to Herbie Hancock. Or other great jazz artists.

MJ wanted his independence and his credit so he had to leave Quincy, and likely anyone like him that would take the same position.
oh, I get it. Believe me, I get it. I don't have any problem at all with Michael moving on from Q. Some people seem to really lament that he ever did that. Not me. He's an artist. That's what they do, they move on to new things, new people, new ideas.. It doesn't bother me at all and I think all of his most interesting work is post-Q.

Anyone with more seniority than him, would be from a different genre. Carlos Santana for one. Or David Foster.
I don't have the imagination (I'm not a musician) to see this working.

Imagine he went to Herbie Hancock. Or other great jazz artists.
Now THIS I can imagine. Jazz is not really my thing but someone with a great jazz background* working with Michael? That seems like a lost opportunity. And Herbie Hancock? My god, can you IMAGINE? Well, of course you can. You just suggested it, lol. But you know what I mean. My head is exploding. That is the sort of collab I would want to see. Not some dreary duet or whatever. Something heavy duty.

God, this is such a cool idea! Actually, I'm changing my mind. Maybe I *can* imagine him working with Carlos Santana. Yeah!!!

*obviously Quincy Jones had an awesome jazz background. I mean a real heavyweight jazz musician. Q's CV is great but he's not Herbie Hancock.

Jazz is not really my thing but someone with a great jazz background working with Michael? That seems like a lost opportunity. And Herbie Hancock? My god, can you IMAGINE?
Even then, that's still basically doing what he did with Quincy again. But maybe there'd be a whole new dynamic that'd really make for some high art.

Back