Any Cher Fans Here?

Kingofpop4ever3000

Proud Member
Mods: I didn't see a thread for Cher. If there is another thread, can you please merge or delete my thread.

I have been a fan of Cher since her song "Believe" was released in 1998. I was wondering if there are any other fans of her here.

Me! Many here don't like her and hold a grudge because she spoke out against MJ after the baby dangling scandal (she didn't call him names or anything, just disapproved). However, I never held it against her or otherwise I'd hate everyone (at that time). I learned to separate all that stuff to keep my sanity. LOL!

Me! Many here don't like her and hold a grudge because she spoke out against MJ after the baby dangling scandal (she didn't call him names or anything, just disapproved). However, I never held it against her or otherwise I'd hate everyone (at that time). I learned to separate all that stuff to keep my sanity. LOL!

I didn't like it either when she said what she said about Michael back then. And I was bothered by what she said for awhile. But I finally managed to put that aside as well because I think she is a great entertainer.

I didn't like it either when she said what she said about Michael back then. And I was bothered by what she said for awhile. But I finally managed to put that aside as well because I think she is a great entertainer.

And let's be fair, what MJ did was rather outrageous and not the smartest thing in the world. I didn't agree that he should have his kids taken away but I do understand how someone could get worked up over the safety of a child. However, I don't want to cloud this topic up with old controversies.

But yes, Cher is an excellent entertainer and I'm incredibly excited for her new album.

Cher debuts new single 'Woman's World' for 'everybody in the club'

By Gregory Ellwood

Thursday, Nov 22, 2012 3:44 AM

Proving a dance diva's work is never done, Cher debuted her new long awaited new single, the club-friendly single "Woman's World" early Thanksgiving morning on her official website. The Oscar, Grammy, Golden Globe and Emmy-Award winning icon hasn't had a top 10 single since 2002's "Song for the Lonely." In fact, her last notable release was a remix of the "Burlesque" soundtrack single "You Haven't Seen The Last of Me" which went to no. 1 on the Dance Club charts two years ago. Perhaps that's what spurned the 66-year-old diva to return to the dance floor.

A minute of the single leaked in October and Cher took to twitter (where anyone who follows her knows she has no filter) and stressed that it wasn't the final mix. Details on who wrote and produced the new single are unclear, but it's expected to be included on a new album Cher says will be released in January. There is no word yet on when the single itself will be available for download.

As the title would suggest, "Woman's World" is a female empowerment themed track where Cher reflects that she's been "broken down and kicked around," but proudly exclaims, "I'm stronger. Strong enough to rise above. This is a woman's world."

And while the chorus is dominated by "This is a woman's world," Cher repeats the mantras: "All the woman in the world stand up come together now" and "Everybody in the club stand up come together now."

It's a catchy track that will certainly make her fans happy and could get some gay club play, but is it really the beginning of another comeback? It's been 13 years since "Believe" stunned the entertainment world by hitting no. 1. She's been discounted before. We're just thrilled she can still belt it out like the youngsters out there.

Link: http://www.hitfix.com/news/cher-debuts-new-single-womans-world-for-everybody-in-the-club

I am beginning to wonder when this album will ever be released. It's been so long! Sheesh! LOL!

I loved Dark lady and Half breed years ago.
She was good in the Mask too.-A movie.

Cher reminds of queen Disa from ancient times.
Queen Disa had somehow angered the king and she was told she could come back if she was dressed and undressed att the same time.She use a net.
I think that´s what you can say about some of Cher´s dresses too.
She was dressed but not dressed

Cher, 66, Back with New Solo Album

By ABC News

Apr 23, 2013 10:16am

Cher is officially back in action.

The irrepressible one-of-a-kind songstress, who started serving up hit singles in the 1960s alongside Sonny Bono, then on her own, has ended her more than a decade-long break from solo recording.

At 66-years-old, Cher knocked out nine new tracks in the studio, tweeting in all caps Monday,” I JUST FINISHED MY CD,” marking the completion of her 26th album in her career.

The CD’s first single, “Woman’s World,” is slated for release in June.

“Another thing we’ve heard about this album is that she’s working again with Christina Aguilera and Pink and then Lady Gaga, so you know, she’s kind of reaching out to young people who are really hot in the business that can keep her image up and who clearly have looked up to her,” Assistant News Director of EW.com, Laura Hertzfeld, told ABC News.

In 2011, Cher cheered for her son, Chaz Bono, during his appearances on “Dancing with the Stars.” He has recently lost 60 pounds by continuing to dance, practicing martial arts and watching what he eats.

Next month, Cher will bring real-life drama to Lifetime with a documentary about her mother, “Dear Mom, Love Cher.”

Cher has had a number one hit in four of the last decades. A number one hit off this as yet untitled album would make it five in five decades.

On May 1, Nightline’s Cynthia McFadden will interview Cher about her legendary career.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2013/04/cher-66-back-with-new-solo-album/

Last edited:
AP/ June 10, 2013, 5:40 PM

Cher to appear on "The Voice" season finale on June 18

Cher will appear on the season finale of the singing competition series "The Voice'' on June 18, making her first live TV performance in more than 10 years, NBC said on Monday.

The singer and actress, who has won an Oscar as well as Grammy and Emmy awards, will perform "Woman's World,'' a new single from her album of the same name which is to be released in September, her first in 12 years.

Cher's record-breaking 1998 single "Believe'' reached No. 1 worldwide and sold more than 20 million copies, and more recently she has focused on touring, including the 2003-2005 ``Living Proof'' tour which totaled more than 300 shows.

The 67-year-old singer and best actress Academy Award winner for "Moonstruck'' has appeared on several television talk shows, documentaries and award shows, but she last performed on television on the 2002 VH1 "Divas Las Vegas" special.

"The Voice,'' which competes against rival broadcaster Fox's singing contests "American Idol'' and "The X Factor,'' averages about 14 million viewers over its two weekly shows. It will finish its current season on June 18.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57588608/cher-to-appear-on-the-voice-season-finale-on-june-18/

Cher's 'Closer To The Truth' Album Announced As Singer's Next Project

Posted: 06/18/2013 10:01 am EDT | Updated: 06/18/2013 10:01 am EDT

Cher is releasing a new album.

Cher is proving once again that she is the ultimate survivor by returning to the music business with a new album this year.

The 67-year-old singer will release her 26th studio album this fall. It was recently announced that the album will be called "Closer to the Truth" and will hit stores on Sept. 24.

"I think this is probably the best album I’ve ever done," Cher said of the project. When she finished the album in April, she took to Twitter to announce the completion, adding that collaborator Jake Shears of the Scissor Sisters called the album "f--king amazing." In addition to working with Shears, Cher is rumored to have collaborated with Lady Gaga, P!nk, and Christina Aguilera for the album.

Cher released her last studio album, "Living Proof," in 2001. In the 12 years since, she has pursued other projects such as a role in the 2010 film "Burlesque" with Aguilera, and a residency at Las Vegas' Colosseum in Caesars Palace.

"Closer to the Truth" is available for pre-order on iTunes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/18/cher-closer-to-the-truth-album-singer_n_3458887.html

I love her new single (Womans World)!
She keeps coming out of retirement!

I like this one from a while back. It wasn't a single in the states, though. Overseas only.

Cher Runs the 'World': Diva Talks No. 1 Dance Single and 'Eclectic' New Album

By Keith Caulfield, L.A. | August 02, 2013 10:40 AM EDT

"Closer To The Truth" will feature collaborations with P!nk and Scissor Sisters' Jake Shears... but not Lady Gaga.

In Cher's latest No. 1 Dance Club/Play Songs chart hit "Woman's World," she sings, "I'm dancin' solo, in the dark, on the club floor." Shortly after midnight last Saturday (July 27), she was on the club floor at Rasputin in West Hollywood -- but definitely not solo.

"You missed a good party," Cher tells Billboard of the event, staged to celebrate her new No. 1. "But it was so hot. Oh my God!"

While the diva herself didn't perform at the club, she took in a performance from possibly the next best thing: famed Cher impersonator Chad Michaels. Cher says that she "loved what he put together," calling his rendition of "Song For the Lonely" "genius."

"Woman's World" is the thumping first single from Cher's new studio album, "Closer to the Truth," due Sept. 24 on Warner Bros. Records. It's her first studio release since 2002's "Living Proof" and features two songs written by P!nk, as well as a guest vocal turn from Scissor Sisters' Jake Shears.

"I love him," Cher says of Shears. "What we did with his voice (on the song) is so strange, but I know he's gonna love it."

"Woman's World," her eighth No. 1 on the Dance Club/Play Songs chart, is a song that Cher says "sings itself," explaining that it only took about an hour to record her vocals for the track. The tune was produced by Paul Oakenfold and co-written by Oakenfold, Anthony "TC" Crawford, Matt Morris and Joshua "J.D." Walker.

The public got its first taste of the song way back in November 2012, when it leaked to the Internet. Warner Bros. quickly released a high-quality version of the track through Cher’s official website in order to counter the unmastered leak. However, the single didn’t get a proper rollout until June 18, when it was serviced to radio stations and Cher performed the cut on the finale of NBC's "The Voice."

Shortly after that, the iconic artist did a flurry of TV and radio press in New York. The sweep included a buzzed-about mini-concert on June 30, which capped the city's annual gay Pride festival.

The performance came right as the dance club promotion of "Woman's World" kicked into high gear. Club DJs were serviced with a series of remixes by the likes of Jodie Harsh, Jason Nevins, David Morales, R3HAB, tyDi, Tracy Young, Danny Verde and Zookëper. An official music video for the song is forthcoming, and could debut within the next few weeks.

As for what "Closer to the Truth" sounds like, Cher says that "Woman's World" doesn't really represent the vibe of the entire set. The music legend describes the first half of the album as being very "dance-y," while "the second half of the album is very eclectic," with a banjo-enhanced number as well as a "real teary ballad" written by P!nk called "Lie to Me." (The title of the album came from a line in the second P!nk-contributed song, called "Walk Alone.")

Cher remains enthusiastic about her collaboration with Shears, calling their "double-entendre" team-up on "Take It Like a Man" one of her "favorite tracks." But one artist who won't be on the album is Lady Gaga. While Cher and Gaga had planned on a duet for inclusion on the album, it was ultimately not included in the final tracklist.

More details on the album -- and Cher's busy promotional schedule -- are due in the coming days and weeks. The entertainer will be all over the TV, including a performance on NBC's "Today" show.

"I'm probably going to be everywhere you look," says Cher, "and you're gonna go 'I wish she would go away!'"

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...diva-talks-no-1-dance-single-and-eclectic-new

Cher's New Album Unveiled in New York City, "Woman's World" Tops Billboard Dance Chart

The diva wasn't there herself, but Cher's long-awaited new album Closer to the Truth was previewed for journalists Thursday night in New York City. While the disc doesn't include a duet with Lady Gaga, as originally planned, there are two tracks co-written by Pink: one's an emotional ballad, and one's an uptempo number -- overall, the album features plenty of both.

The first part of the album is stacked with dance-floor anthems, in the vein of "Believe" and "Song for the Lonely." The latter half features mid-tempo songs and slower numbers, where the lyrics and melodies are highlighted, and where Cher's distinctive voice can be heard at full force, imbuing every word with an emotional heft that can only come from having truly lived, loved and lost.

Cher said on Twitter not long ago that she had a moment of insecurity about her new album -- her first collection of original music in more than a decade -- because she recently listened again to her album Believe and started to compare the two. "It Really does Have Good Songs on it," she wrote of Believe. "All of a Sudden I Got SO Nervous re [Closer to the Truth]."

She shouldn't have worried, since Closer to the Truth is off to a good start: "Woman's World," the first single, has already topped the Billboard dance/club play chart. The album will be out on September 24.

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music...ork-city-womans-world-tops.html#ixzz2auBjvMED

Cher Tells 'The Truth': Watch Her Talk New Album, P!nk Collab, Miley Cyrus & More

By Keith Caulfield | September 24, 2013 11:30 AM EDT

Ultimate diva Cher is finally back with her first studio album in over a decade: "Closer to the Truth." The Warner Bros. Records effort arrives today (Sept. 24) in the U.S. and Canada, and is her first since 2002's "Living Proof." (The new album hits the rest of the world on Sept. 30.) Billboard sat down with the Grammy Award-winning superstar at her oceanfront home in Malibu, California, to talk about the new album. In the first part of our interview, the entertainer chats about what she looks for when selecting songs, covering Miley Cyrus, her admiration of P!nk and much more.

"Closer to the Truth" offers up an array of cinematic and super dramatic tunes. The 11-song set opens with its first single, the female-empowerment anthem "Woman's World," which hit No. 1 on Billboard's Dance Club Songs chart in August.

"The first half of the album are the songs that you play before you're going out to dance," Cher says, "and the second [half] are the ones that you play after you've come home."

Among them are emotional ballads ("I Hope You Find It," the 9/11-inspired "Sirens"), a super-campy dance track ("Dressed to Kill") and plucky mid-tempo cuts (the catchy "Red" and the P!nk-written "I Walk Alone").

"I love 'Dressed to Kill,'" Cher says of the track, which is a cover of a 2009 song by British singer Preston. "It's one of my favorites just because it's so over-the-top."

"It's just more fun," she continues, "You know, it's just very gay! I like that."

The tune, with its vivid lyrics ("We're dancing in the dark with my hands around your heart") recalls Cher's story-songs of the 1970s like "Half-Breed" and "Dark Lady." One can easily imagine this number being staged on Cher's upcoming 'Dressed to Kill' concert tour. Cue the dancers flinging themselves around on stage as Cher spins in a "killer" Bob Mackie-designed outfit!

For the album's second single, "I Hope You Find It," Cher turns in a "country-esque" version of a semi-obscure song first performed by Miley Cyrus in 2010.

"Love songs are [usually about] 'I'm looking for love' or 'I've lost love,'" Cher says, which stands in contrast with the lyrical content of "I Hope You Find It."

"They're usually not 'I found love, I lost love, and now I hope you find love with someone else.' Usually we're not that charitable."

And it wouldn't be a Cher album without vocoder-like effects on her vocals. (The diva famously employed vocal manipulation to great impact on her No. 1 Billboard Hot 100 single "Believe" way back in 1998.) The technique is back again on "Closer to the Truth." On the set's second track, "Take It Like a Man," she Cherbotically harmonizes with Scissor Sisters' front man Jake Shears.

"What we did with his voice is so strange," Cher told Billboard in an earlier interview in August, "but I know he's gonna love it." The diva says she loves Shears, and that "Take It Like a Man" is one of her "favorite tracks."

Cher says the song is "very double-entendre," adding that "it's a beautiful song that's crazy and raucous, and rocks out and is a great dance song." Sample lyric: "So when the lights go dark / I wanna know you understand / that if you want my heart / you gotta take it like a man."

Shears is one of two special guests on the album. Also on board is P!nk, who shares the same management as Cher and co-wrote two tunes on "Closer to the Truth."

When asked about P!nk, Cher remarked about her fellow diva's no-nonsense, what-you-see-is-what-you-get attitude.

"I admire anybody for standing up for what they believe -- man or woman, I don't care. Having beliefs -- especially if other people don't agree with you -- it's difficult in this day and age.

P!nk co-wrote the album's banjitar-enhanced "I Walk Alone," and also provides backing vocals on the cut. A lyric in the song proved to be so powerful, it became the title of the album. In it, Cher sings "There's a gypsy in me that keeps on roaming, and there's an anger as I get closer to the truth."

P!nk also co-wrote the album's closing number, the weepy "Lie To Me." Cher says the latter is "the ballad that all the women cry at."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...talks-new-album-pink-collab-miley-cyrus-watch

I'm in love with Cher.
Her Ellen interview in 2008 was what made me fall in love with her.

Mods: I didn't see a thread for Cher. If there is another thread, can you please merge or delete my thread.

I have been a fan of Cher since her song "Believe" was released in 1998. I was wondering if there are any other fans of her here.

I am a very big fan of Cher.:clap:

I "discovered" her with her video of "If I Could Take Back Time".

Cher+2010+MTV+Video+Music+Awards+Show+FsUbaVGl00jx  .jpg

I adore her performance with Meat Loaf too ("Dead Ringer"): I always sing that song at Karaoke venues singing both parts :) A spectator even asked me for my postal address and mailed me the original VHS video of the song!!!! :woohoo:

(This one is better quality ---> [video]http://www.rockymusic.org/showvideo/2f08666650ec187ca6a0a86f7b3a6c41.php[/video])

I have listened to her new album and it is on my Christmas List (that increases by the hour!)
The following albums are part of my Cher collection:

Cher-Love_Hurts-Frontal.jpg
Chers+Greatest+Hits+19651992+EUR+CherChersGreatest  HitsFrontCove.jpg
_origin_cher-5.jpg

I also adore her as an actress and I have watched every single film she has ever acted in.

michael-jackson-w-sonny-cher-cher-show-3-episodes-00fa.jpg

1205824847.jpg

TV-with-Cher-1972-82204811-9670.jpg

michael-jackson-w-sonny-cher-cher-show-3-episodes-5667.jpg

Back