Any Eazy E or N.W.A. fans here?

I used to like their stuff until the early 90s, but their negative doom laden stuff and their raps about gangster lifestyle set in motion a disease that has plagued rap since the late 80s.

The first album (Which has great rapping technique and flow, but repugnant lyrics about bitches, capping people, drugs and crime) has one positive song - Express yourself and the rest is all about killing people, referring to women as bitches and hoes and having unwanted sex with them, selling and using drugs, killing Police officers, swearing every 2nd word (F**K and its variants are said over 400 times), and some sloppy forced rhyming in parts.

The music glamourised the gangster and thug lifestyle and did nothing to improve the stereotypes of poor urban males - racist record companies would only sign rappers if they sang that garbage and it is to blame for the Prison industrial complex.

Am I a fan - hell to the nizzaw.

There is a reason I like Michael Jackson so much and music like this is part of it, how many songs of his do you hear him sing about calling women names and being offensive to them, if Michael has a sex jam its beautiful like Break of Dawn or Speechless, respectful and putting the woman on a throne, not calling her out a hoe.

Michael's music was funky, danceable, well written and no way offensive or negative. How many Michael Jackson songs do you hear him threatening to shoot a cop, do drugs, have rape like sex and swear every 2nd word (he said the f word once and it was buried in a song and he meant it - not as a decoration). Yet many people deride Michael and his music, yet look at these brainless thugs as musical gods and innovators. Any idiot can swear and talk rubbish to a looped in beat, no musical ability is needed gfor thug rap - but with Michael his songs take intelligence and thought.

Last edited:
There is a reason I like Michael Jackson so much and music like this is part of it, how many songs of his do you hear him sing about calling women names and being offensive to them, if Michael has a sex jam its beautiful like Break of Dawn or Speechless, respectful and putting the woman on a throne, not calling her out a hoe.

Michael's music was funky, danceable, well written and no way offensive or negative. How many Michael Jackson songs do you hear him threatening to shoot a cop, do drugs, have rape like sex and swear every 2nd word (he said the f word once and it was buried in a song and he meant it - not as a decoration). Yet many people deride Michael and his music, yet look at these brainless thugs as musical gods and innovators. Any idiot can swear and talk rubbish to a looped in beat, no musical ability is needed gfor thug rap - but with Michael his songs take intelligence and thought.

Agreed with this whole statement. even Michael said he didn't like it either. but don't be fool Michael did like some rap. but i guess he was more into the soft stuff not the hardcore gangster rap.

music change in the 80's by the 90's it's got worst. i agree the only music i listen to now either the 20th century or the early 2000's. i do listen alittle today music and music after 2010. but in reality all the music i listen to is 20th century or the early 2000's.

music isn't the same anymore. either that or i'm old-fashion.

No you're not, you are just being honest.

I guess music of every generation will have its critics from the previous ones, but the hip hop and some of the skanky female singers and rappers really scrape the bottom of the barrel. 69, lil Pump, Cardi B, Kodak Blak, Gucci Mane, Selena Gomes etc and Justin Bieber, the music is no instruments, bad singing, rapping and moaning and songs about nothing but sex, drugs, murder and materialism.

Strange how growing up, my parents objected to near every form of music I listened to, except Michael Jackson (Excusing 93/94 when all the gossip and lies over JC were out and about, but after 94 he was okay again). Why because nothing Michael sang about was shocking to them, all his songs were about respecting people, the earth, good girls, love, girls who did him wrong and social injustice, not drugs, sex, partying and murder.

Strange how growing up, my parents objected to near every form of music I listened to, except Michael Jackson (Excusing 93/94 when all the gossip and lies over JC were out and about, but after 94 he was okay again). Why because nothing Michael sang about was shocking to them, all his songs were about respecting people, the earth, good girls, love, girls who did him wrong and social injustice, not drugs, sex, partying and murder.

Same. i think that's another reason why people liked Michael music because of those reasons.

Hiphop back in the day was about having fun and power to people etc. like i said in the 90's it wasn't about that anymore. that's why alot groups broke up and left because of it. if ever listen to hiphop etc it will always be the clean edit because i don't understand why shooting someone house etc it good etc? but like i said maybe i'm old fashion. i'm not a fan of Justin Bieber but he has change his life around and now do wordship music. i might check it out but like i said i'm not really a fan of Justin Bieber.

compare to Justin Bieber and all the other artists talk about shooting people houses and do drugs etc. i'll say Justin is better and i'm not even a fan and that's really sad.

Yeah I see your point about Justin there, but still his music is fairly weak, processed and has little merit - The one about food, Yum yum or something was awful and then there is all his cameos with rappers and ho singers.
I give him props for lasting the decade though, because a lot of us thought 2 or 3 albums at most and he would be history and he has gone from a tyke to at least a more adult looking performer now.

I feel old fashioned as I stopped listening to most modern music around 2006. The last new album I bought was in 2017 (Awaken my Love by Childish Gambino and that is a good set) apart from albums and rereleases by legacy artists like Michael Jackson and Prince.

Most music I listen to is 80s, followed by 70s and 60s and only later stuff if its by an artist I like and who was famous in the 80s or earlier like George Michael, David Bowie, Split Enz, Elton John etc and of course MJ and Prince.

i respect your opinion. but i give Justin a chance since he an adult now and change his life around. i look at Justin as an adult now not a kid. it's amazing how times files. i remember when he was a kid now he's married man. bless him i wish him the best.

but like i said yeah i mostly listen to music from the 20th century and early 2000's. there's no one in this generation who was like michael, prince, etc in my opinion.

The Pepsi Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Makes History; Wins Emmy For Outstanding Variety Special
by Lynette Rice | September 3, 2022 | Deadline
b652a0ff-282b-4edf-a4fc-281673ca3891-Pepsi_Super_Bowl_LVI_Halftime_Show_Performers_-_Dr._Dre_Snoop_Dogg_Eminem_Mary_J._Blige_and_Kendrick_Lamar-e1644445560386.jpg

Norman Lear’s Live In Front of a Studio Audience: The Facts of Life and Diff’rent Strokes may have been a favorite going into Emmy season — he did, after all, just turn 100 — but there was absolutely no beating this year’s Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show.

And turns out, Lear didn’t. The stellar, 12-minute performance at Inglewood’s SoFi Stadium Feb. 13 that featured Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Kendrick Lamar, Eminem, Mary J. Blige, and 50 Cent won the Emmy for Outstanding Variety Special.

It’s the first time the halftime show has ever won an Emmy in this category.

“I am nervous, man. Jay is watching,” said Executive Producer Jesse Collins of Jay-Z while taking home the top prize. “First on behalf of the fellow executive producers and our performers, we would like to thank the television academy for this incredible honor. It’s amazing. This is the first time this show has ever won this award and it’s so incredible to be a part of this moment. It took an incredible team to pull this together and I thank you all.”

The show was produced by Jesse Collins Entertainment, DPS and Roc Nation.

“It was one of, if not the greatest Super Bowl halftime shows ever,” director Hamish Hamilton told Billboard recently. “That [artist] lineup changed the world – they changed music, they changed politics, they changed the way that we dress, they had a seismic influence in music, culture and beyond and not one of them had been on a Super Bowl bill before, and all of a sudden they’re all on the same Super Bowl bill, and by the way it’s [near] Compton, where some of this started, where Dre started, literally this is his backyard. And, of course, you’ve got the home team in the final. It was a hip-hop L.A. Super Bowl once-in-a-lifetime moment. It just had everything extra going for it, from that first shot of Dre in his studio in Compton.”

Back