Any National Basketball Association fans here?

MJJ:G.O.A.T

Proud Member
Inspired by Latinodude's MLB thread, do we have any NBA fans here? What's your favorite NBA team and who do you think will win the Championship this year?

It's already pre-season!

NBA Golden State Warriors 101 Vs 118 Los Angeles Lakers Preseason Highlights 10/07/09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmV_w06bIQE

NBA Boston Celtics 90 Vs 96 Houston Rockets Preseason Highlights 10/07/2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IxuGkBljC0

Rasheed gets his first technical as a Celtic. :lol:

NBA Miami Heat 86 Vs 90 Orlando Magic Preseason Highlights 10/07/2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHe3K9E1lA8

NBA Denver Nuggets 104 Vs 126 Indiana Pacers Preseason Highlights 10/08/2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRKW9VQK1f0

I'm a fan of the NBA. My favorite team is the San Antonio Spurs. I was disappointed that they didn't make the Finals last season, but I hope they come back stronger and play hard this upcoming season. The Lakers, the Magic, Celtics, and Rockets were strong teams last season. The Lakers won the Championship last season, but I don't believe they'll have a repeat of that this season. I'm pushing for the Spurs to win another Championship this year.

I'm a fan of the NBA. My favorite team is the San Antonio Spurs. I was disappointed that they didn't make the Finals last season, but I hope they come back stronger and play hard this upcoming season. The Lakers, the Magic, Celtics, and Rockets were strong teams last season. The Lakers won the Championship last season, but I don't believe they'll have a repeat of that this season. I'm pushing for the Spurs to win another Championship this year.

Somehow I thought you'd be a Lakers fan because you liked the Dodgers. Anyways, I think the Lakers will repeat (Artest just needs to play well and stay focused). The Celtics will be very strong if Garnett stays healthy and plus they have Rasheed Wallace. I don't think the Cavaliers will win w/ Shaq. As for Orlando, who knows what they can do with a healthy Jameer Nelson? We'll see. As for the Rockets, Yao or McGrady will get injured. It always happens.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Lakers. They are just not my favorite of teams. lol I rooted for them in the Finals last season since the Spurs were eliminated. lol I was a Spurs fan first. I'm loyal to them. lol

Last edited:
The Lakers will probably repeat. The whole Shaq/LeBron thing should be interesting.

I'm in Michigan, so I'm looking forward to seeing the Pistons with Villanueva and Ben Gordon. We have a team full of nice guards.

I really hope Artest don't get all testy etc this season. It'll ruin Lakers chemistry.

the money guy again. lol..i think Boston will win against the Lakers in the finals this year, cus Jerry Buss doesn't like to reward his players. lol. he really should have kept Trevor Ariza.

The Lakers will probably repeat. The whole Shaq/LeBron thing should be interesting.

I'm in Michigan, so I'm looking forward to seeing the Pistons with Villanueva and Ben Gordon. We have a team full of nice guards.

I don't think the Cavs (as interesting as they are) will get past a healthy Celtics team + calm/effective Rasheed Wallace.

Shaq likes Cavaliers roster
Associated Press

0847.jpg

O'Neal

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- Even with his four NBA titles, Shaquille O'Neal says this Cleveland Cavaliers team could be better than all the rest.

That would include the 2000 Lakers, when O'Neal and Kobe Bryant led Los Angeles a 67-15 record and a title.

The Cavaliers won 66 games last season, but lost to Orlando in the Eastern Conference finals. O'Neal says he likes having inside players like Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Anderson Varejao with him, along with shooters LeBron James and Mo Williams.

"It's probably the best team I've ever played on, on paper anyway," O'Neal said Thursday. "I've always been on management to get me the power forward I've needed and the shooters I've needed."

To prepare for this season, O'Neal has taken up a new sport -- yoga. His first lesson was Wednesday night.

the money guy again. lol..i think Boston will win against the Lakers in the finals this year, cus Jerry Buss doesn't like to reward his players. lol. he really should have kept Trevor Ariza.

Meh. I am just hoping Ron remains calm and stays focused. Trevor was really important; I hope we can replace the steals he made. I hope Ron can do the same & more. All the attention is not on him.

I'm still waiting on Bynum to turn into Kareem Abdul Jabbar version 2.0. :timer:

1109kareem3608.jpg

NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was diagnosed last December with chronic myeloid leukemia

Abdul-Jabbar being treated for leukemia, remains optimistic

Posted Nov 10 2009 6:21AM

NEW YORK (AP) -- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is being treated for a rare form of leukemia, and the basketball great said his prognosis is encouraging.

The NBA's all-time leading scorer was diagnosed last December with chronic myeloid leukemia, he told The Associated Press on Monday.

The 62-year-old Abdul-Jabbar said his doctor didn't give any guarantees, but informed him: "You have a very good chance to live your life out and not have to make any drastic changes to your lifestyle."

Abdul-Jabbar is taking an oral medication for the disease. He is a paid spokesman for the Swiss pharmaceutical company Novartis, which makes a drug that treats the illness.

Citing the way Los Angeles Lakers teammate Magic Johnson brought awareness to HIV, Abdul-Jabbar said he wants to do the same for his form of blood cancer, which can be fatal if left untreated.

"I've never been a person to share my private life. But I can help save lives," he said at a midtown Manhattan conference room. "It's incumbent on someone like me to talk about this."

Abdul-Jabbar became concerned last year after feeling odd sensations. He went for tests at UCLA, where he dominated college basketball in the late 1960s, winning three straight NCAA championships from 1967-69.

"I was getting hot flashes and sweats on a regular basis," he said. "That's not normal, even for my age."

An exam showed his white blood cell count was "sky high" and a doctor quickly diagnosed his condition. At first, all Abdul-Jabbar heard was the word "leukemia."

"I was scared," he said. "I thought it was all the same. I thought it could mean I have a month to live."

"That was my first question," he said. "Was I going to make it?"

A longtime student in martial arts, Abdul-Jabbar said he took the approach of a samurai, to face death without fear.

"I had my face on," he said.

Instead, doctors told him CML was treatable with proper medication and monitoring.

Abdul-Jabbar is a special assistant with the Lakers and said he hasn't had to cut back his level of activity of coaching, change his regimen or adjust his diet. "I'm able to sneak out for Thai food," he said.

"There is hope. This condition can be treated. You can still live a productive, full life," he said. "I'm living proof I can make it."

Abdul-Jabbar recently returned from an academic conference in Abu Dhabi and has several speaking engagements planned. Among the people he regularly talks to about his condition is his son, a third-year medical student at the University of California, San Francisco.

The six-time NBA MVP intends to post updates to his Facebook and Twitter accounts and stay connected through www.CMLearth.com, a Web site for those afflicted by the disease.

About 5,000 cases of CML are expected to be diagnosed in the United States this year, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society said. More than 22,000 people are living in the US with the disease.

The disease tends to initially be diagnosed by people in their mid-to-late 60s, and usually affects men more than women.

"I want to spread the word," Abdul-Jabbar said.

Source: http://www.nba.com/2009/news/11/10/jabbar.leukemia.ap/index.html

^ I wish him Godspeed in his treatment and battle with this terrifying disease. He is one of the greatest. :)

^ I wish him Godspeed in his treatment and battle with this terrifying disease. He is one of the greatest. :)

God bless him. My friend send me this on FB and I was shocked. He doesn't look 62 either. He is, in my opinion, the greatest center in NBA history.

I'm more of a college b-ball fan but I do watch the NBA usually when the play-offs start. The Cavs, Pistons, and Celtics are my teams.

Amanda

yeah..i'm in los angeles right now. i've been hearing the Jabbar convo all day. he'll be alright...i'm glad to hear that it's treatable, and, like Magic Johnson, he'll live a full life. i know the two of them are bonding more than ever, now.

and...go Celtics.

I am a BIG TIME NBA fan!! Honestly, I am more a fan of the game and of individual players than any specific team - however, for nostalgic reasons, I generally favor the Bulls (I'm from Chicago) and the Pistons (loved the Bad Boys - yeah, I know I shouldn't, being from Chicago ... but somehow it turned out that way). I also love the current lineup of the Nuggets, and last year in the finals, the Magic kind of grew on me as well.

[youtube][/youtube]

:lol: Kareem should know he never played for the Trail Blazers; it was Bill Walton! Thanks, I've never seen this.

In the pre-game show tonight before the Heat vs. Cavaliers game, they were discussing the firing of Hornets coach, Byron Scott. Charles Barkley said the problem with the team was that "Chris Paul is the best point guard in the league. He's Michael Jackson. Problem is, he's surrounded by a bunch of Tito Jackson's on that team."

Kareem cracks me up in that clip, he did that on purpose. LOL

Charles is so foolish when he speaks sometimes. :doh: *smh*

Report: Arenas, teammate had gun standoff

Updated Jan 1, 2010 12:45 PM EDT

Did Gilbert Arenas pull a gun on a teammate in the Wizards' locker room?

Arenas and Javaris Crittenton drew guns on each other during a Christmas Eve gambling dispute, according to a report in the New York Post.

According to the report, Crittenton became angry when Arenas refused to make good on a gambling debt and shouted "I'm not your punk!"

That's when Arenas reportedly pulled a gun from his locker, prompting Crittenton to do the same.

A friend of Crittenton, Kendrick "Bookie Ball" Long, told the Post the third-year player discussed the altercation with him.

"He (Arenas) was (expletive) with him; he (Crittenton) was just defending himself!" said Long, who would only say the the dispute was over money.

Arenas has said he brought unloaded guns from home and stored them in his locker to keep them away from his children.

D.C. police said Tuesday it is investigating a report that weapons were found inside a locker room at the Verizon Center, where the Washington Wizards play.

Last week, the Wizards said that guard Gilbert Arenas stored unloaded firearms in a container in his locker at the arena and that the NBA was looking into the situation. But Metropolitan Police Department spokeswoman Gwendolyn Crump did not mention Arenas or the team in a one-sentence statement on the investigation.

Arenas acknowledged he was being investigated after the Wizards' 110-98 loss to Oklahoma City on Tuesday night but he did not specify if it was by the NBA or police.

"They've been (investigating) for the last two weeks," Arenas said. "You guys just found out about it."

Arenas said he was cooperating with the investigation and that he hadn't brandished the weapons in the team's dressing room.

"They just want to know where I got them from," Arenas said. "They want to make sure they're not dirty guns."

Crump did not immediately answer a follow-up e-mail asking if Arenas was under investigation.

The statement said: "Members of the Metropolitan Police Department are currently assisting the United States Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia with an investigation into an allegation that weapons were located inside a locker room at the Verizon Center."

Information from the Associated Press was used in this story.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/report-arenas-teammate-had-gun-standoff?GT1=39002

Back