Anyone in NYC and love the Jacksons?

paisleyCUTtop

Proud Member
Hey all New York City Fans,

I would like to personally invite you all to the Jackson 5 Extravaganza, presented by Legacy of Love on JANUARY 29 2011 at 3pm.

We will be enjoying food and drinks in the private room at a restaurant in Manhattan and watching a compilation of Jackson Five performances! See where it all started with this high quality collection of rare Jackson 5 / Jacksons clips!

Clips include I Want You Back, Who's Lovin' You, ABC, appearances on Carol Burnett, the Diana Ross Show, and Sonny & Cher, Enjoy Yourself, Forever Came Today, Stand/Alright!, Ben, Blame It On The Boogie, 3 different versions of Dancing Machine and MORE (including the Jacksons variety show)!

WE WILL ALSO HAVE OUR FIRST RAFFLE OF THE YEAR!

We will be raffling off some cool prizes!

Don't miss out on this! If you are interested, please send me a PM or visit our site at meetup.com/legacyofloveMJ

I wanted to post this here because I know that a lot of the Jacksons fans come here to post and browse so I hope this can stay up here for a few days :angel:

well I like NYC, why can't we just move this to Jackson TN, or to Jacksonville and watch videos on NYC, that would be more fun imo. :)

I live in Manhattan, and under normal circumstances I would love to go. The problem is that although I enjoy looking at Michael during his J5 era, the unsupported comments about addiction and interventions have clouded my feelings about them right now. Maybe after the trial, I would be more open to doing something like this. Thanks for the invitation.

I live in Manhattan, and under normal circumstances I would love to go. The problem is that although I enjoy looking at Michael during his J5 era, the unsupported comments about addiction and interventions have clouded my feelings about them right now. Maybe after the trial, I would be more open to doing something like this. Thanks for the invitation.

Petrarose, I feel the same way.

By the way, there is a great MJ Fans from NYC group. They do a lot of charity work in the NY area if you wanna get in touch with them, here is their facebook

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=104568786244966

Sorry you feel that way. :(

This is not a discussion event about Michael's personal life or the Jackson siblings, it's simply about taking that step to learn more about Michael's career in it's entirety and make friends in the fan community. Not here to convince you otherwise, although I think you'd have a great time!

Most of our events are related to Michael Jackson's solo work. So, if you are interested in making friends, going to NYC events with other fans, and learning more about Michael etc, we'd love to have you. Our last BIG viewing party was of the BAD TOUR and MOONWALKER, double header.

I can't speak for other groups but, there are several ways to pay tribute to Michael Jackson. This group strives to do so through in-depth discussion on his music and art and facilitate friendship connections within the MJ fan community. It has been my endeavor since the inception of Legacy of Love MJ Fans United NYC, to create an active group with strength in unity as opposed to numbers.

Trust me--- we are very structured, have very well planned out and coordinated events bi-monthly, and are growing in interest among the NYC Michael Jackson fan community.
We were just featured on the MJJ Podcast. We will be doing great things in the future so, look out for us and hope that you reconsider!

meetup.com/legacyofloveMJ

:)

Last edited:
^^ I echo what Paisley said! In fact, I've been so impressed with the fans I've met through the Legacy of Love meetup. Really passionate, informed, intelligent fans who are also lots of fun to hang out with. The friendships I've made there have helped me significantly in healing my broken heart, being able to talk in person with people who feel so strongly and similarly to me about Michael. :huggy:

In fact there are three great Michael-related orgs in NYC (the two listed above) plus Heal The World For Children's NY chapter which is solely dedicated to charity events to help children locally and globally in Michael's name (a children's festival on MJ's birthday, holiday hospital visits & toy collection, earth day activities, etc). Of course there's lots of overlap in the membership of all the groups which makes it really fun to attend the different kinds of events and hang with all these great people. I actually wish more fans got involved though because I KNOW there's gotta be tons more NYC fans, and I look forward to meeting them someday! :D

Totally understand if a J5 event is not everyone's interest at this time, but I hope to see you someday at other events around town!

Jem and Paisley I will definitely consider your other activities in the future. Thanks

Love to attend but not when it has to do with the brothers. I don't look at any of them the same anymore since Michael's death. Other stuff related to Michael, I can defintely do. I live in New York :p

hey prettygirl, please join my group if you are in the area and want to meet some fellow Michael fans, we don't bite :)

Back