Are there still some so called “ hidden gems” left in the vault?

Wouldn't be all that interested in hearing MJ sing those songs tbh, they are really meh.
I'm very interested in these particularly "What's Ur Name" because it is so different from anything we currently have from Michael it'd be such a huge breath of fresh air. Sadly we will probably never get to hear any of them.

Hot Fun In The Summertime remix also got praised by people who heard it. It's interesting considering that it's an unfinished song with MJ only ever having recorded the chorus.

Mary J. Bilge and D’Angelo? Yeah, I’ll take that even if MJ is only on the chorus. MJ always sounded great when he dipped into a little neo-soul.

Can’t Get Your Weight Off Of Me sounds like a pretty decent track. I’ve always enjoyed the filler on Invincible - Threatened. Privacy… this song sounds like it has some of that going on.

He's pretty inactive now with his career but he is a singer and songwriter who eventually wrote a few songs for Michaels upcoming album that he was working on in his final years. The 3 songs he submitted to Michael are known as - "Don't Walk Away", "What's Ur Name", and "U Are". All of which are pretty solid. Super nice guy.
I'm even more confused now, lol. :D

This is a different DWA to the Invincible one, yeah? Isn't that one written by Richard Stites? 🤔

Obviously, more than one song can share the same title. I can think of at least 3 songs with 'Stay' as the title.

Mary J. Bilge and D’Angelo? Yeah, I’ll take that even if MJ is only on the chorus. MJ always sounded great when he dipped into a little neo-soul.

Can’t Get Your Weight Off Of Me sounds like a pretty decent track. I’ve always enjoyed the filler on Invincible - Threatened. Privacy… this song sounds like it has some of that going on.
Hot fun in the summertime is one i look forward to seeing. Get Your Weight Off Of Me ironically has too much of that going on lol.

Throwing Your Life Away & Hot Fun In The Summer Time are the two I really want to hear in CD quality. There's rumors that he recorded a couple more Beatles covers in the late 80s for his decade album that never happened, as well as adult versions of some of the J5 Motown stuff I'd love to hear as well.

Throwing Your Life Away & Hot Fun In The Summer Time are the two I really want to hear in CD quality. There's rumors that he recorded a couple more Beatles covers in the late 80s for his decade album that never happened, as well as adult versions of some of the J5 Motown stuff I'd love to hear as well.

Yeah, that “I’ll Be There” Pepsi spot was pretty smooth! I can’t remember which songs were supposedly recorded. Never Can Say Goodbye would be a good one to hear redone.

Pretty sure someone (I think Brad Sundberg) confirmed that no J5 songs were fully recorded as an adult, sadly.

Yeah, that “I’ll Be There” Pepsi spot was pretty smooth! I can’t remember which songs were supposedly recorded. Never Can Say Goodbye would be a good one to hear redone.
An adult version exists if someone finds concert footage of 1978, it was in the jacksons setlist that year and obviously there is the mini version of Motown 25

Here is Rod Michael's Soundcloud with descriptions:
Oh cool, I didn't know those came from his real Soundcloud account. I hope there's a version of Don't Walk Away with Michael's vocals somewhere because that's my favorite one out of the 3 songs lol.

Pretty sure someone (I think Brad Sundberg) confirmed that no J5 songs were fully recorded as an adult, sadly.
Yeah, I think Matt Forger also commented on it during a seminar? I might be mistaken. Whatever the case, I would love to hear the Pepsi commercial recording of “I’ll Be There” in HQ. It sounds immaculate.

Dieser Typ hat „Got the Hots“ noch nicht gehört. Segne deine Seele.
Ich verstehe ehrlich gesagt nicht, warum viele Leute hier Got the Hots nicht mögen, das Lied klingt fantastisch und für mich viel besser wie Karussell, zum Beispiel ist dieses Lied schrecklich in meinen Ohren

Ich verstehe ehrlich gesagt nicht, warum viele Leute hier Got the Hots nicht mögen, das Lied klingt fantastisch und für mich viel besser wie Karussell, zum Beispiel ist dieses Lied schrecklich in meinen Ohren
Agreed with everything except it isn’t better than carousel imo 🙂

Hot Fun In The Summertime remix also got praised by people who heard it. It's interesting considering that it's an unfinished song with MJ only ever having recorded the chorus.
It's finished i talked with someone Michael sing verse not only chorus

It's finished i talked with someone Michael sing verse not only chorus

Agreed. It should also be noted that there is also an earlier version of Little Susie (from some point in the early 90s I assume? there's not much info about it) that was recorded with a full orchestra that we've never heard. The version on the HIStory album was all redone with synthesisers and samplers by Porcaro and a couple other guys as a sketch because iirc MJ wanted to change the key or something like that. Either way, it ended up being the final instrumental used. I'd love to hear the live orchestra recorded for that song, it's a killer arrangement.
Thanks ZeconMusic to bring this up, I find the anecdote not discussed enough, although confirmed directly by Bruce Swedien – who described the recording session as a full recording of MJ’s vocal track singing together with the classical orchestra together at the same time. Would be nice to have at least recollections from the session musicians, but as their work was discarded, they’re probably not credited in the liner notes… would be great to hear this « proper » classical version.

By the way, any news from the guy who was going to complete two pieces of « classical » music drafted to him by Mike, for an instrumental album discussed in 2009, after his passing ?

Thanks ZeconMusic to bring this up, I find the anecdote not discussed enough, although confirmed directly by Bruce Swedien – who described the recording session as a full recording of MJ’s vocal track singing together with the classical orchestra together at the same time. Would be nice to have at least recollections from the session musicians, but as their work was discarded, they’re probably not credited in the liner notes… would be great to hear this « proper » classical version.

By the way, any news from the guy who was going to complete two pieces of « classical » music drafted to him by Mike, for an instrumental album discussed in 2009, after his passing ?
Wasn't that Frank Cascio? lol

Nothing besides that Lady Of Summer was the classical piece that Michael had showed to David Michael Frank.

I too would absolutely kill for anything classical music made by Michael. I think the fact that we never got that classical album that he planned on doing was one of the biggest losses ever. Every time Michael incorporated classical influences in his songs, it was done absolutely masterfully; Little Susie comes to mind. Imagine an entire album full of that! But, alas...

If the piece Michael composed was finished, I think one of the biggest ways to honor him would be to put it to music. Especially if it's instrumental anyway, we wouldn't even need his vocals. I guess it's a pipe dream for now, and possibly ever. Which does sadden me quite a bit, and that's an understatement.

Yeah I agree for the most part. It’s definitely NOT bad. I just don’t consider it particularly great.
I just think this is funny because we'd definitely be saying the same thing about Baby Be Mine lol.

Back