Are there still some so called “ hidden gems” left in the vault?

Actually 7 were leaked in some form.
Love Never Felt So Good Leaked in 2011
Chicago Rock Version Leaked in 2010/2011
A Place With No Name Leaked in 2013
Slave To The Rhythm Remix Leaked in 2010/2011
Blue Gangsta Leaked In 2010
Xscape Leaked in 2002
That’s not true.
Chicago (2010 version/Rock mix) was leaked AFTER Xscape was released.
Nobody had heard “She Was Lovin’ Me” before Xscape’s release.
It was one of the two songs not heard before. “Loving You” being the other one.

And reg. the 24 tracks again:
That was the amount of songs they chose the final track list from. (At least that was the official stance on the matter, that they proclaimed within promotional material.)
So if we take that 24 at face value, there are now 16 songs left, after the release of Xscape.
16 songs in that specific state, they were looking for, for the Xscape project.
That doesn’t mean there are other songs in different states. And it doesn’t mean they have found other ones since.

By the way:

Does someone in here know the lyrics or part of the lyrics to the track "Hidden Gems"?
Or maybe can describe the vocal melody?
Do you think "Hidden Gems" is lyrically complete?
And what about production wise?

Will "Hidden Gems" be someday unhidden? Will it than be overdubbed to "Discovered Gems" like MJ did with "I am/was the Looser"?

Lot of questions I know. But I'm really interested in all informations regarding "Hidden Gems", so please, somebody answer!

That’s not true.
Chicago (2010 version/Rock mix) was leaked AFTER Xscape was released.
Nobody had heard “She Was Lovin’ Me” before Xscape’s release.
It was one of the two songs not heard before. “Loving You” being the other one.

And reg. the 24 tracks again:
That was the amount of songs they chose the final track list from. (At least that was the official stance on the matter, that they proclaimed within promotional material.)
So if we take that 24 at face value, there are now 16 songs left, after the release of Xscape.
16 songs in that specific state, they were looking for, for the Xscape project.
That doesn’t mean there are other songs in different states. And it doesn’t mean they have found other ones since.
My mistake then probably mixed it up with children are

It seems like the estate’s new modus operandi is to only give us two brand-new tracks at a time, while relying on previously released and leaked material to fill up a track listing. Honestly seems like a decent strategy, especially for songs that we’ve had to endure in terrible quality.

Keep in mind that an unspecified number of Michael Jackson's unreleased songs were stolen (in 2011) from Sony Music's network, as confirmed by Sony Music itself.

In 2011, it took place a massive hacking attack, and hackers breached Sony Music's network.

It was reported back then that among these Michael Jackson's unreleased songs were also songs (duets) that the singer recorded with Freddie Mercury, and with will.i.am.

Sony Music still possesses copies of all the music that was stolen (including Michael Jackson's unreleased music), so the breach does not really affect the company's ability to still release in the future more albums and individual songs that were stolen by the hackers.
I believe that's how songs like "I Am A Loser", "Days In Gloucestershire" and "A Place With No Name" leaked online. They came from the same person back in the days of the breach.

Looky, looky, another unknown song appeared; Dream Away

This will continue to happen I think, I never agreed too much with the fans saying the vault is almost empty and whatnot . I still believe there are tons of songs from the late 70s, all of the 80s and 90s, which we have never even heard about, or pherhaps only rumors

These, on top of all the ones we know about (which are not released nor leaked) can make for many, many new albums forward on

Also, according to On MJ’s Footsteps, there were two other titles spotted on Porcaro’s computer: “Get You Back” and “Just For Now.”
Further proves my point (although not confirmed MJ vocals so far) :)

Last edited:
Looky, looky, another unknown song appeared; Dream Away

This will continue to happen I think, I never agreed too much with the fans saying the vault is almost empty and whatnot . I still believe there are tons of songs from the late 70s, all of the 80s and 90s, which we have never even heard about, or pherhaps only rumors

These, on top of all the ones we know about (which are not released nor leaked) can make for many, many new albums forward on

Further proves my point (although not confirmed MJ vocals so far) :)
Defo not many albums lol but seems like there could be more tracks than we thought. Stronger than anything on Xscape I reckon.

I'm only hoping that there's another song from the Darkchild sessions that we don't know of. GYWOOM can't be the only song remaining lol.

Defo not many albums lol but seems like there could be more tracks than we thought. Stronger than anything on Xscape I reckon.
For sure many albums, mate. I've posted my own list of songs we know exist in full that are unreleased. With both leaked and unleaked songs. On top of all of those, there are songs we do not have full confirmation of, and there are songs like Dream Away, Just For Now, and Get You Back.

An album doesn't need more than 7-10 songs, and I can imagine at least 4-6

For sure many albums, mate. I've posted my own list of songs we know exist in full that are unreleased. With both leaked and unleaked songs. On top of all of those, there are songs we do not have full confirmation of, and there are songs like Dream Away, Just For Now, and Get You Back.

An album doesn't need more than 7-10 songs, and I can imagine at least 4-6
Let's hope so mate. Yeah an EP would be a better idea IMO. I don't think Just For Now and Get You Back were recorded by MJ but who knows? Surely Steve would have mentioned about them.

Let's hope so mate. Yeah an EP would be a better idea IMO. I don't think Just For Now and Get You Back were recorded by MJ but who knows? Surely Steve would have mentioned about them.
He never mentioned Dream Away until yesterday. We can only hope I guess.

I have no idea whether this exists but would love to hear an MJ only version of "Why" (the one he did with 3T).
There is no MJ only version. The demo has Baby-face singing the verses.

I don’t really Care about a 3 second snippet… i do not get the point in leaking these short snippets.

Well... somebody just posted the whole song. Not going to send a link for obvious reasons but it's easy enough to search for yourself. (p.s: it's incredible)

Can a mod merge this thread and "

Pentum

Are there still some so called “ hidden gems” left in the vault?" https://www.mjjcommunity.com/thread...-hidden-gems-left-in-the-vault.200985/page-11

perhaps?

Just gets confusing having two active threads about hidden gems/unreleased songs, especially since we are already discussing unreleased Thriller Disc 2 demos in the other thread as well

Chicago’s instrumental couldn’t keep up with Michael’s vocals tbh. Vocals were great. Doesn’t sound like Thriller era, it’s the Bad voice 110%. I find hard to believe he recorded it 10 days after Thriller.

Also why Chicago 1945 and not Chicago nights?

It’s the same situation like She Was Loving Me/Chicago. It’s only specifies twice.

So Get Your Weight Off Of Me, Throwing Your Life Away, Chicago 1945 and Man In Black were considered to be the most sought after unreleased songs in the vault but now that they were leaked what would be the next hyped up song? I think now it's Buffalo Bill tbh, lots of people say it's really good. Hoping to hear that one soon and hoping it lives up to the expectations.

michael-jackson-king-of-pop.gif

As for any gems left, I'm almost certain of it. I think we've been really fortunate in the last 13 years to hear so many truly special demo's.

It's been 10 years but I'm still overjoyed we've heard Price Of Fame and Don't Be Messin' Round
Since writing this post, we've heard Chicago 1945, Dream Away and Who Do You Know. Needless to say there are some gems left

There were 24 tracks considered for Xscape, we've heard about maybe 9 so far. There's 15 left. There's also possibly others from Michael sessions, singe slightly less finished, and songs the estate currently don't have. Lots of appreciatble work.

Back