Articles/Videos discussing MJ’s art (post them here)

It's time for Bad, his worst ever cover. :D

I'm a major silent cinema fan but somehow missed this fab picture of Swanson :eek:, however I always treasured the lace photo of MJ (first seen in Dancing The Dream). Learning about its source of inspiration is great news for me. Such a pity it was changed in favour of an average, dull promo picture. :/

I like the typography of the final album though, which obviously wouldn't match the lace photo. It would be actually a great album cover without any picture, just the white background and the words in black and red.

The photos on the backside and the center are great though, any of them could make a better cover picture (I actually turned the booklet in my Bad CD, so the cover is now the cool-looking back side design :D).

It's time for Bad, his worst ever cover. :D

I'm a major silent cinema fan but somehow missed this fab picture of Swanson :eek:, however I always treasured the lace photo of MJ (first seen in Dancing The Dream). Learning about its source of inspiration is great news for me. Such a pity it was changed in favour of an average, dull promo picture. :/

I like the typography of the final album though, which obviously wouldn't match the lace photo. It would be actually a great album cover without any picture, just the white background and the words in black and red.

The photos on the backside and the center are great though, any of them could make a better cover picture (I actually turned the booklet in my Bad CD, so the cover is now the cool-looking back side design :D).

I like the photo itself but I agree that it's probably the weakest of all the album covers. The original concept with the lace definitely would've been more intriguing. And I feel like that idea eventually evolved into the Dangerous album cover (the idea of his face/eyes hiding behind a "mask"). I'm also a big fan of the silent film era. On a side note, I found Swanson's performance in the 1950 film, Sunset Boulevard, to be masterful. One of the things I liked about the Bad 25 collection is that they used this image for the booklet cover. It looks very cool and sleek.

As Off the Wall turns 41 today, let’s celebrate with a closer look at the first single. :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A3nKAvIc8to" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This video is from 2018, so you may have seen it before, but I like the way it&#8217;s done. Wish we had many more of those. :)

Back