BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion [Closed] please cont. discussion in BAD25 Announcement thread

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion Thread

that video from daybreak has been zoomed and cropped for hd broadcast, the 4:3 original resolution will be much better I'm sure.

the audio isn't from the vhs, a guy who recorded and mixed the concert from the wembley gigs has supplied the multi tracks snippets were posted on this forum years ago, and it sounds amazing so we are in for a treat regardless of any quality issues, a vhs quality remastered dvd with amazing live audio is better than no bad tour ever being released.

Amazon has listed the DVD only

It has $14 list price and currently being sold under $10

Michael Jackson Live At Wembley 7.16.1998

http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Jackson-Live-Wembley-7-16-1998/dp/B0084I9QIW

They also have the IJCSLY as an import CD for $12.44 however I believe Walmart price would be a lot cheaper so I would wait before I order it.

http://www.amazon.com/Just-Cant-Stop-Loving-You/dp/B0080JE49Q/

So the IJCSLY cd is coming out on June 5th?

big DB just wondering, how do you know the preview clip has been zoomed and cropped?

Who are they kidding? DVD release and on top of that sourced from crappy VHS, lol! Are they stucked in the 90s, we are in 21st century and the project as big as this would deserve that they went all out, find and source the HQ 35mm film master, hire some studio to do a proper digital transfer and release it on blu-ray. I can't even imagine how will this look, VHS with its crappy resolution/bitrate.

That is not how the project like this should be treated. Michael was perfectionist and show one of his best moments on crappy medium is totally wrong.

Im sure with the technology we have today they will update it somehow......well i hope they do

I don't understand why they use a vhs source when they have high quality film ! Look at moonwalker, some footage is from Wembley. Why record only one song on film? I am grateful for a release but I was hoping for a HQ one !

My guess is that
1) The original film masters no longer exist or are misplaced, or there is a copyright dispute with them (between Sony and the Production company)
2) The original film masters would have to be edited one by one from each camera, Michael's copy is exactly what appeared on the giant screen so it requires no additional editing (plus fans are happy since it is an original edit)

If they wanted a higher quality version they would have to scan in like 3 hours of footage from 10 cameras (aka 30 hours), clean it up, and edit it all together and try to make fans happy with the edit. People complain about the video quality but according to Sony this is the only concert with good multi-track audio. Im pretty sure the audio is NOT from the VHS and that it will be high quality audio. When it comes to a concert id rather have nice audio than picture if I had to choose. I Sony would make a whole CD of a live Bad Concert with VHS audio.

1)Where did you heard there ever was a film from the whole concert? do you think Michael liked to burn money recording 3 or 4 concerts(6-8 hours of expensive film, hired professionals and rented equipment) to get 4 minutes of Moonwalker?
2)do you think an edit made live without any Michael's involvement has any advantage to anything did with calm and focus?
ah, editing 10 cameras would demand too much work... poor Sony, counting the money they get with Michael Jackson work is enough... another thing, if the multi-track was mixed and will be released in CD, why repeat its content at the crappy looking dvd? it's very simple: if you can't get both, listen to good audio at the CD and watch good video at the DVD.
ps.: I can't wait to hear Michael extraordinary lipsync at Smooth Criminal in 5.1 and watch its amateur coreography in VHS...

At "Vision", a lot of money spent at the package, but nothing spent to re-transfer and remaster the videos (especially Beat It), adding Blame It On The Boogie and Can You Feel It which look like was ripped from youtube and a converted Say Say Say which becomes to look like was recorded from a cheap digital camera.
Now they bring an awesome package with a VHS disguised as DVD inside. Sony remains absolutely coherent.

ps: I can't wait to hear Michael extraordinary lipsync at Smooth Criminal in 5.1 and watch its amateur coreography in VHS...
cool-story-bro-house-Cool-Story-Bro.jpg

I don't know if Dr House is being sarcastic, but the words "can't wait", "extraordinary" and "amateur" are

big DB just wondering, how do you know the preview clip has been zoomed and cropped?

because the video was in a 16:9 ratio from the HD broadcast, it was pan'ed and scanned resulting in Michaels feet being cut off in the shot, therefore the original tape and the dvd version of the Bad Tour will probably be 4:3 like in the youtube video.

1)Where did you heard there ever was a film from the whole concert? do you think Michael liked to burn money recording 3 or 4 concerts(6-8 hours of expensive film, hired professionals and rented equipment) to get 4 minutes of Moonwalker?
2)do you think an edit made live without any Michael's involvement has any advantage to anything did with calm and focus?
ah, editing 10 cameras would demand too much work... poor Sony, counting the money they get with Michael Jackson work is enough... another thing, if the multi-track was mixed and will be released in CD, why repeat its content at the crappy looking dvd? it's very simple: if you can't get both, listen to good audio at the CD and watch good video at the DVD.
ps.: I can't wait to hear Michael extraordinary lipsync at Smooth Criminal in 5.1 and watch its amateur coreography in VHS...

I refer you back to the first sentence of my post where I write "My guess is that...". Didn't realize I was talking to the expert here :smilerolleyes: . Amateur choreography? Are you not a Michael Jackson fan? Have fun watching Usher or whatever you think isn't amateur.

I was being sarcastic about "amateur coreography" and "extraordinary lipsync". I was mocking the estate, whose choice to release the lipsync in 5.1 to the detriment of the coreography's video quality could mean they think the lipsync is more relevant

I have faith the quality will be great!!

In want to see a full trailer, dam. haha

Bad Tour Wembley!! That's what's up! :clapping:
I gotta make sure I got some money when this comes out on the first day of release.

I would think the quality is akin to the trailer, its probable that the trailer used images from the film. I am sure MJ kept his tapes in ideal conditions and probably only watched it once or twice. Once converted to digital it is quite easy to smooth out the video and enhance it with today's technology

The quality will be great once remastered...
watch the original trailer again but this time pause at 20 seconds....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALT7dvKmop8
I think that is the real quality here. YES I am disappointed they did not use a Master film but I am glad for a final release.

Big DB is right, the quality of the preview (the second video) has been cropped and scanned. Obviously the first clip (from the trailer) will be the quality we will be getting, but probably even slightly better since its most probably been compressed a little.

tumblr_lnvvueuSsj1qcj56b.png

It's ultra compressed from what I see. No the VHS won't look like that. NO ONE would possible release ANYTHING like that cause it's unreleasable. Use logic. That's not even VHS quality. Who would even allow to release that.
DVDs gonna be good, I refuse to believe it would look like this.

Yep the video they made has been compressed, and then furthermore by you tubes compression = never good, dvd will be nothing like that. will be much better.

Michael had his concerts recorded on high quality professional tapes of course. just remember all the snippets he would use in all these greate montages over the years. so of course more than the Wembley show exists in the vault, and in high pristine crisp crystal clear you name it quality.

I am ready not to trade Wembley july 16th from a VHS for a cool Beta tape version (or higher standard) of any of the 88 leg.

I will believe in the quality when I will watch the final DVD.

Well, being that I know squat about compression and all the video talk, (but I'm learning thanks to a lot of you guys)
I feel assured that the final product will be great! Thanks for the info you're giving!
*excited*

What's up Big? :)

I don't think people have to worry about the quality that much. It will not be blu-ray but it will for sure not look like the little teaser from youtube that is compressed over and over again. I'm looking forward to the release and i'm sure it will be awesome!

Well, being that I know squat about compression and all the video talk, (but I'm learning thanks to a lot of you guys)
I feel assured that the final product will be great! Thanks for the info you're giving!
*excited*

What's up Big? :)

nothing much can't wait for this release counting down the months. i get married 9 weeks today! :D!!

how are u?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back