BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion [Closed] please cont. discussion in BAD25 Announcement thread

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion Thread

i am so happy this evening for this good good news !!! : Clap:: Clapping:: Woohoo:

:birthday: BAD !!!!!

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahaha funny cute gif :lol:

Finally BAD TOUR !!!!!!!! :clapping:

i know it's the wrong era . . . but this will be my reaction when i finally get to watch the DVD:

bloggif_4fbb1fc57c075.gif

the quality of the original VHS isn't very good, I hope they remaster the video quality correctly.

I am so excited for this DVD. It's about time! :D

I have just seen the daybreak exclusive!! I can't wait for September 17th! I hope they put a lot of work into remastering it.

I have just seen the daybreak exclusive!! I can't wait for September 17th! I hope they put a lot of work into remastering it.

What Daybreak exclusive?

I'm super happy about this all, but I thought MJ had recorded all the Bad concerts on film?

Actually, Nocturne Productions -- who Michael used for ALL of his solo world tours -- have all the concerts on film. I'm assuming that the Estate found Michael's VHS tape and found it to be a better source than the Nocturne version, for whatever reason.

I'm very excited for the DVD release and the album, but it's somewhat irritating that people are angry over this. It's impossible to please fans anymore. Everyone asks for a CD with untouched music and a BAD Tour DVD, and when we get exactly that, people get angry over no Blu-ray release and the promotional material. I'm not trying to be rude to anyone, I'm just saying. Looking it over, BAD 25 is pretty much the Estate answering the fans' prayers. Let's just be grateful that we're getting this.

With that in mind, as of now, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with this release. I can't wait for the tracklisting for disc 2!

^^ Disagree. We have every reason not to trust their judgment. They don't exactly have a sterling record of releasing high quality material. And who can blame MJ fans for wanting perfection? Its what we are used to ;) this is a message board. People are going to say what they feel. Its a good thing

Actually, Nocturne Productions -- who Michael used for ALL of his solo world tours -- have all the concerts on film.

Wrong. Some was film probably but most must be tape.

Michael recorded everything, even the BAD studio sessions.

The concerts were video recorded by several local TV channels for each country. I just don't believe there is no original master high quality recordings. What I believe is that the Estate doesn't have it, but someone else. This is crazy.

I remember reading in the 80s that MJ had many unreleased songs. I felt reassured. But now when I see that videos are sold on DVDs and not blu-rays (except Moonwalker), and when I read that the Estate does not possess that many unreleased songs, then I wonder what happened to all those unreleased stuff.

And tbh I don't really like their sentence: "newly discovered demos". Where were they and where did they discover them?

WOW WOW WOW!!!!
Years after starting the Bad Tour 2 DVD Petition its finally happened! I'm super excited and still cant believe we are FINALLY getting BAD Tour Live In Wembley!!!

They showed a 30 second low quality preview of the July 16th show.

LQ ? Do you think that was on purpose? I REALLY hope it's gonna look a lot better in actual DVD.

Michael recorded everything, even the BAD studio sessions.

The concerts were video recorded by several local TV channels for each country. I just don't believe there is no original master high quality recordings. What I believe is that the Estate doesn't have it, but someone else. This is crazy.

I remember reading in the 80s that MJ had many unreleased songs. I felt reassured. But now when I see that videos are sold on DVDs and not blu-rays (except Moonwalker), and when I read that the Estate does not possess that many unreleased songs, then I wonder what happened to all those unreleased stuff.

And tbh I don't really like their sentence: "newly discovered demos". Where were they and where did they discover them?
This is what I've been saying for a while. The Estate are not in possession of that much MJ material as we think. Lack of demos, outtakes, etc. along with concerts. I believe they only have Bucharest 92 and now finally a lq tape of Wembley 88. They don't have anything else. Nocturne might have hundreds of cocnerts since they did record lots in each tour. Why can't the Estate buy from them? Well, maybe it's too expensive. Maybe too many people wants money from this due to rights etc.

Its depressing and scary at the same time because of the future of the MJ legacy. Imagine if we knew for sure that the estate indeed did possess almost all concerts MJ ever did in at least HQ along with most songs that have been registered and not released.

I been out and haven't been following the news, but just logged in yest and heard about it. Fuckin' Amazing. HAHA. and Sean, I don't think the peitition had anything to do with the release haha

Bad tour Wembley! ahahhhh

Has the Daybreak clip appeared on youtube yet?

On ITV Player at which time does the clip start? I'll look on there instead.

On ITV Player at which time does the clip start? I'll look on there instead.

Around 57 minutes into the programme it's just after they show the clip of katherine jenkins, the quality was poor. Hope it's betterr quality on the actual dvd.

Who are they kidding? DVD release and on top of that sourced from crappy VHS, lol! Are they stucked in the 90s, we are in 21st century and the project as big as this would deserve that they went all out, find and source the HQ 35mm film master, hire some studio to do a proper digital transfer and release it on blu-ray. I can't even imagine how will this look, VHS with its crappy resolution/bitrate.

That is not how the project like this should be treated. Michael was perfectionist and show one of his best moments on crappy medium is totally wrong.

My guess is that
1) The original film masters no longer exist or are misplaced, or there is a copyright dispute with them (between Sony and the Production company)
2) The original film masters would have to be edited one by one from each camera, Michael's copy is exactly what appeared on the giant screen so it requires no additional editing (plus fans are happy since it is an original edit)

If they wanted a higher quality version they would have to scan in like 3 hours of footage from 10 cameras (aka 30 hours), clean it up, and edit it all together and try to make fans happy with the edit. People complain about the video quality but according to Sony this is the only concert with good multi-track audio. Im pretty sure the audio is NOT from the VHS and that it will be high quality audio. When it comes to a concert id rather have nice audio than picture if I had to choose. I highly doubt Sony would make a whole CD of a live Bad Concert with VHS audio.

I can't wait. Damn 4 more months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back