Bad live vs bad short

wonderouzdj2

Proud Member
So im reading making Michael & I'm at the beginning of the bad era 87-89 & I've always wondered about but its like...its like it semi makes sense to me. Ok,i know michael started the tour in sept of 87 & the video in nov of 86 (just found out that the photo on the album cover was shot a yr prior to its release in 86) but i think I've come to realization that the reason that it's no dance sequence live is because it wasn't yet shot & he just kept the live version in that form. I wonder why but then again i did read somewhere that he said that the choreography didn't look good with just 5 dancers yet if he had a short film to it he did it live like in the video all excepting bad. Oh yea & he never performs the bridge of thriller "2night night creator's crawl & the dead...etc" wonder why that 2

From my understanding of reading the book, MJ shot Bad and Smooth while the album was still being produced; that's why the musical mixes in the short films are different. MJ basically worked on multiple projects at the same time with multiple studios. He didn't have time to do a complete run-through of the setlist for the 87 tour because he was in the studio finishing the album for the deadline which he just made in time. The band were rehearsing without him every day for a month 6 to 10 hours per day. Even if MJ wanted choreography in the live performance he just didn't have the time.

^^when did Vincent join the tour as director and choreographer? For the new version starting in 88? He wasn't with them for the 87 japan leg, was he?

^^when did Vincent join the tour as director and choreographer? For the new version starting in 88? He wasn't with them for the 87 japan leg, was he?
That I don't know. He's mentioned somewhere in the book alright but I can't for the life of me remember the context. Hmmm, I'm not sure.

Back