BAD & me

I was Born! that was the biggest thing that happened during the Bad era for me. This is my favorite album and favorite look for Micheal. I also started writing a Fan Fic based on the version of the Smooth Criminal Video I saw when I first looked into it (a shorted version of the Moonwalker version).

This is my favorite album and favorite look for Micheal. I also started writing a Fan Fic based on the version of the Smooth Criminal Video I saw when I first looked into it (a shorted version of the Moonwalker version).

I love Sooth Criminal so much! I love Michael's positive messages in his songs, but some of them are just COOL. I this Smooth Criminal is the coolest of the all, in fact I would go so far as to say it defined `cool`for so many and it even lasts today. If you remember when Justin Timberlake changed his style and wet solo, it was obviously with Michael's inspiration but I think it was mostly Sooth Criminal.

If you remember when Justin Timberlake changed his style and wet solo, it was obviously with Michael's inspiration but I think it was mostly Sooth Criminal.
agreed, but I felt he didn't change up the style enough to call it his own.

agreed, but I felt he didn't change up the style enough to call it his own.

You are so right, I think he found his way eventually though. I think it is so nice that MJ never called out younger artists for imitating him.

I was Born! that was the biggest thing that happened during the Bad era for me. This is my favorite album and favorite look for Micheal. I also started writing a Fan Fic based on the version of the Smooth Criminal Video I saw when I first looked into it (a shorted version of the Moonwalker version).

:D :clap: :kickass: :baby_sleeping:

laeticia.fr;3730686 said:
You had very good ears from early in your life. Because when you listened to Thriller album, you were very young. You still were when you listened to Bad album. You are probably born with special good ears ;D Thus, one could say you had been a MJ fan throughout your whole past life and that’s great. I'm sure someone like you will always love Michael for all your future life. :yes:

And I know very well the feelings one get seeing Michael’s poster damaged. :mello: As I wrote earlier on this thread, that happened to me. :blink: My dear giant poster of Michael had received a large amount of soaked ground coffee and liquid coffee due to the explosion of my espresso machine..., :eek:hmy2: I had the impression that the world has collapsed in front of me. :bugeyed: The shock was so big that I couldn’t even cry at the time or later. :eek: I stayed for a while without moving, :blink: completely drained inside me, :busted: without being able to realize what had happened. :shock:

Thank you! I always say Michael thought me how to listen too music. Because even when I was that little I disected every song by listening to the different lines in songs. I would follow the base drum or the guitar riff or his melody in the text. And from what I heard my fave Thriller song (I know it's a Bad topic haha) was Billie Jean as I would bob my head to the beat. I was only 2 at the time. And yes I'd like to say I've been a fan all my life and for sure will always be a fan. When everyone one turned against him and it was very uncool to be an MJ fan I told everyone to listen to the music, cos that's what matters.

Oh and yeah I had read your story about the coffeemachine! It's why I also told the story. I completely get how you felt when that happened. I do remember I also entered a contest in the Bad era. It was a really weird contest, you had to draw a lemon, yes a lemon :p The person who had the nicest drawing would get a headset. And 2nd prizes were a bunch of MJ stickers. And I won an a4 full of Moonwalk stickers. I was so happy hahaha.

I always say Michael thought me how to listen too music. Because even when I was that little I disected every song by listening to the different lines in songs. I would follow the base drum or the guitar riff or his melody in the text.

This may seem odd, but I only learned how to listen to music in the past few months! And of course, it was him that taught me how to listen. Because of this, the way I dance has COMPLETELY changed! Amazing. I think Janet said it best when she said he composes music like Mozart! I am now experiencing music by other artists like it is for the first time, because now I now how to listen.

This may seem odd, but I only learned how to listen to music in the past few months! And of course, it was him that taught me how to listen. Because of this, the way I dance has COMPLETELY changed! Amazing. I think Janet said it best when she said he composes music like Mozart! I am now experiencing music by other artists like it is for the first time, because now I now how to listen.

It's a blessing if you can listen to music like that. You notice so much more in a song, things you'd otherwise never hear. And in Michael's music you kinda get to know how he put the song together. For that same reason I love hearing the demo's and early takes and versions. You can hear how the song was build. And how a section was first used different then later. Or how the melody was there but he completely broadened it in the finished result. It makes you understand that he kept changing things in songs :)

Sunflowers;3731816 said:
I always say Michael thought me how to listen too music. Because even when I was that little I disected every song by listening to the different lines in songs. I would follow the base drum or the guitar riff or his melody in the text. And from what I heard my fave Thriller song (I know it's a Bad topic haha) was Billie Jean as I would bob my head to the beat. I was only 2 at the time.

It is so true that Michael teaches us how to listen to music. :yes:
But bad student as I was, compared to you who knew analyzing MJ music already at the age of 2, it took me a long time. Maybe because my ears were trained in classical music, because I learned the piano when I was young. My parents listened to jazz. Nobody liked pop music, especially because French pop music is horrific. :( In my early teens, I began to like Folk songs, I focused on the lyrics, not on the music. Later I passed to rock.
When I begun appreciate Michael’s music, at the same time I loved so much John Lennon, his personality, his work for peace and his music which was so simple, compared to MJ music. In short, Michael’s music was too complicated for me not having good ears. -_-

Lark0016;3732043 said:
This may seem odd, but I only learned how to listen to music in the past few months! And of course, it was him that taught me how to listen.

I'm a bit like Lark. It was not really in the past few months, but it was unfortunately after his passing that finally my ears started to be well-formed.
And curiously, in the past few weeks, I rediscovered classical music. I listen to the classic with my new ears, and I realized I can appreciate and understand better than before. It is also thanks to Michael. :blush:
But I admit that MJ music is still too complicated to my level and my ears are not really able to analyze. So I was unable to participate in the great debate about E. Cascio's trucks. :mello:

Sunflowers;3732265 said:
I love hearing the demo's and early takes and versions. You can hear how the song was build. And how a section was first used different then later. Or how the melody was there but he completely broadened it in the finished result. It makes you understand that he kept changing things in songs :)

Although I’m much less talented than you in the field of music, but I love listening to the demo to understand how the song was built. I love follow the evolution process in the creation of a song. :listeningtomusic

laeticia.fr;3733838 said:
It is so true that Michael teaches us how to listen to music. :yes:
But bad student as I was, compared to you who knew analyzing MJ music already at the age of 2, it took me a long time. Maybe because my ears were trained in classical music, because I learned the piano when I was young. My parents listened to jazz. Nobody liked pop music, especially because French pop music is horrific. :( In my early teens, I began to like Folk songs, I focused on the lyrics, not on the music. Later I passed to rock.
When I begun appreciate Michael’s music, at the same time I loved so much John Lennon, his personality, his work for peace and his music which was so simple, compared to MJ music. In short, Michael’s music was too complicated for me not having good ears. -_-

Well trust me, I couldn't hear that when I was 2 hahaha. It started when I was around 6 or 7 and I had my own radio. So did my brothers and it drove my parents nuts. They got us headsets and for some reason with a headset on I started to notice all the lines. Still to this day I love listening with a headset. Got myself a nice pair of Quincy Jones AKG's last year. All the little details are so much better to hear. You should try it!!

I'm a bit like Lark. It was not really in the past few months, but it was unfortunately after his passing that finally my ears started to be well-formed.
And curiously, in the past few weeks, I rediscovered classical music. I listen to the classic with my new ears, and I realized I can appreciate and understand better than before. It is also thanks to Michael. :blush:
But I admit that MJ music is still too complicated to my level and my ears are not really able to analyze. So I was unable to participate in the great debate about E. Cascio's trucks. :mello:
Sometimes I can enjoy classical music too. It's very relaxing to listen to. But I also love the blues!!
And I stayed very far away from the Cascio discussion. It was like a war had broken out between fans. To this day I don't know what to think about those songs because of everything I've heard. But in my opinion, and that is by listening to the songs, it's Michael.

Although I’m much less talented than you in the field of music, but I love listening to the demo to understand how the song was built. I love follow the evolution process in the creation of a song. :listeningtomusic
We all love demo's probably. Although I don't really know why. What would be you're favourite demo to hear that isn't released yet?

I was born in 1989 so I wasn't around for the Bad era, BUT I got the Moonwalker VHS for my second birthday (my dad heard that it was fun and that kids on my block loved it) and I watched it all the time. The tape eventually wore out and I didn't see the film again until I was 16 which is when I got the DVD.
Also, the first time I got a burned copy of the Bad album was in 2003. I was amazed by it and it's still my favorite album. I got a burned copy from one of my friends whose dad had the cd. It was so rare in my country, even his cd wasn't an original. I got the original SE edition cd in late 2004 when all the SE cds finally became available in Croatia.

Same here, I was born in '89 - and Moonwalker was my first introduction to MJ! It was early 90s must have been about 5 years old and my older cousin had it on VHS and played it for me and my other cousin who was around my age. We loved it and kept playing it over and over. We were so jealous of Tatiana in TWYMMF vid. I remember, right after we watched it, I asked my mum if we could go to the States to meet him lol! My cousin then recorded Thriller and Bad on tape cassette for us.

Sunflowers;3733892 said:
What would be you're favourite demo to hear that isn't released yet?

It’s so difficult to answer, just like when someone asks me ‘what is my favorite song of Michael?’. When we love all (or almost), it's really hard to chose. It would be easier to answer the question: ‘what are the songs you don’t like so much?' -_-
So I cannot find an answer immediately, but if I find later, I’ll write it.
And you, can you easily answer your own question? If so, what song?

Regarding the composition of a song, it's well explained here : http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...-His-Songwriting-Music-IQ-Were-Off-The-Charts :blush:

Tinkerbell88;3733907 said:
We were so jealous of Tatiana in TWYMMF vid. I remember, right after we watched it, I asked my mum if we could go to the States to meet him lol! My cousin then recorded Thriller and Bad on tape cassette for us.

Yeah, she is so beutiful :yes: And her beauty fits so well with Michael’s in Bad era. But that’s just a question of appearance. ;D Sorry for Tatiana, but she has nothing in her brain. I read her books. Michael found her nuts and he always tried to flee from her :D

laeticia.fr;3734139 said:
It’s so difficult to answer, just like when someone asks me ‘what is my favorite song of Michael?’. When we love all (or almost), it's really hard to chose. It would be easier to answer the question: ‘what are the songs you don’t like so much?' -_-
So I cannot find an answer immediately, but if I find later, I’ll write it.
And you, can you easily answer your own question? If so, what song?

Regarding the composition of a song, it's well explained here : http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...-His-Songwriting-Music-IQ-Were-Off-The-Charts :blush:

I read that article, very good. Had me watch the deposition tapes for the first time in years again.

Back