Bad used in Despicable Me 3 trailer.

Wow, animation studios really like to use Bad for their movies. If I'm correct, Dreamworks used it in Megamind, then Sony in Angry Birds and now this. Not complainning though! :p

Hmmm...I'm not getting this at all. I don't know the franchise, but all I'm hearing in the promo clip about this character is 'It's some kind of monster'.. in the period leading up to a potential triple court case for Michael.

Not to mention : 'There is only one supervillain whose fashion sense is quite that dated (re. TII- style shoulder pads)...'

I understand that the Estate has to make money, but did they really authorise this...????

I won't be watching.

Hmmm...I'm not getting this at all. I don't know the franchise, but all I'm hearing in the promo clip about this character is 'It's some kind of monster'.. in the period leading up to a potential triple court case for Michael.

Not to mention : 'There is only one supervillain whose fashion sense is quite that dated (re. TII- style shoulder pads)...'

I understand that the Estate has to make money, but did they really authorise this...????

I won't be watching.

I think you are reading way too much into it.

I hope "Bad" is in the soundtrack for "Despicable Me 3" this time, I was kinda expecting it would be in the soundtrack for "Angry Birds" and didn't.

I won't be watching.

Hm, I'm normally the first to call out something if I feel as though Michael was insulted, but I don't get that vibe from this. :)

Hm, I'm normally the first to call out something if I feel as though Michael was insulted, but I don't get that vibe from this. :)

He wasn't insulted at all. It's a villain who is stuck in the '80s and uses 80s stuff to fight, which is pretty funny IMO. MJ is just one of the 80's references in the trailer. There are a lot of other things: cassette tape, the hair of the villain, the Rubik cube, Phil Collins' music, the synthetizer etc. And the song being about being "bad" - it fits naturally as the theme of a villain. I laughed at the trailer so much, I think this looks to be a funny and cool villain. To somehow associate this with the allegations and the shoulder pads with TII is quite a huge stretch (shoulder pads weren't a part of MJ's iconic clothing and the outfit of the villain doesn't look anywhere near MJ, anyway - if anything the outfit looks more like Prince) - and there is really no need to bring the allegations into everything. Especially not into things that are meant to be light-hearted fun.

No one I saw on YT associated this with the allegations. I have also seen a lot of people comment positively on the music on YT and younger people asking "what's the song". It may actually give a positive boost to MJ and Bad again.

Last edited:
I liked the villian moonwalking and challenging the guy to a dance battle. Hope Bad is in the film too.

[h=1]5 reasons why Despicable Me 3's Balthazar Bratt is our new favourite baddie[/h]
DespicableMe_Trawl.png

Sean Wilson
Posted on Thursday, 15 December 2016

The hilarious first trailer for Despicable Me 3 has blasted online, and there's one character we can't stop talking about. No, we're not talking about Steve Carell's baldy Gru, or indeed Kristen Wiig's Lucy Wilde, both of whom return for the madcap threequel.

No, we mean stuck-in-the-eighties baddie Balthazar Bratt, the new nemesis of world-conquering Gru. Here's why Balthazar is set to become our new favourite supervillain...
[h=1]He's voiced by a comedy genius[/h]Step forward one half of South Park,Trey Parker, who's sure to bring his dextrous and brilliant vocals to the new Despicable Me foe. We imagine Balthazar will be a tad more family-friendly, though...
despicable-me-3-body-1.png

[h=1]He doesn't need gadgets![/h]Who needs a moon-shrinking ray? In the Despicable Me 3 trailer, we see Balthazar infiltrate a massive vessel with little more than superpowered chewing gum. Lo-fi, but very effective (not to mention seriously funny).
despicable-me-3-body-2.png

[h=1]His great taste in music[/h]The character's grand entrance occurs to the sounds of Michael Jackson's seminal 'Bad'. Yep, we like him already, and that leads us onto the next point...

despicablme-me-3-body-3.png

[h=1]He thinks the eighties are still happening[/h]This year has brought us a whole host of awesome eighties nostalgia on both the small screen (Stranger Things) and the large (Sing Street; Everybody Wants Some!!). Therefore the shoulder pad-wearing, mulleted Balthazar fits right in amidst a year where retro is the new cool.
despicable-me-3-body-4.png

[h=1]He's got the moves![/h]Two words: dance fight. Honestly, we cannot do it justice. Just take a look at Gru and his new enemy going head to head (or should that be, toe to toe?)
despicable-me-3-body-5.png

Check out the Despicable Me 3 trailer for yourselves and tweet us your thoughts @Cineworld. The movie hits Cineworld on 30th June.

https://www.cineworld.ie/blog/despicable-me-3-movie-trailer-balthazar-bratt

Great! Moonwalk, toe stand at 1:42 and even Shamone at 1:51!

He wasn't insulted at all. It's a villain who is stuck in the '80s and uses 80s stuff to fight, which is pretty funny IMO. MJ is just one of the 80's references in the trailer. There are a lot of other things: cassette tape, the hair of the villain, the Rubik cube, Phil Collins' music, the synthetizer etc. And the song being about being "bad" - it fits naturally as the theme of a villain. I laughed at the trailer so much, I think this looks to be a funny and cool villain. To somehow associate this with the allegations and the shoulder pads with TII is quite a huge stretch (shoulder pads weren't a part of MJ's iconic clothing and the outfit of the villain doesn't look anywhere near MJ, anyway - if anything the outfit looks more like Prince) - and there is really no need to bring the allegations into everything. Especially not into things that are meant to be light-hearted fun.

No one I saw on YT associated this with the allegations. I have also seen a lot of people comment positively on the music on YT and younger people asking "what's the song". It may actually give a positive boost to MJ and Bad again.
MTE!:yes:

Back