BBCRadio2 (Allegedly) Drops MJ's Music

Dan

Proud Member
EDIT:

THIS NEWS IS FALSE.

Hey guys, just saw this. We need to start streaming Michael's music and tune in to the concert tonight! I just saw this:

Michael Jackson[FONT=&amp] appears to have been dropped from BBC Radio 2’s music playlists.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Ahead of the release of documentary Leaving Neverland, which details new child sex abuse claims against the pop star, it’s being reported that the decision not to have any of Jackson's songs played on the station was made last week.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]According to [/FONT]The Times[FONT=&amp], the last time a solo Jackson track was played on Radio 2 was Saturday 24 February. The BBC said: “We consider each piece of music on its own merits and decisions what we play on different network are always made with relevant audiences and context in mind.”[/FONT]

Link: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...erland-sexual-abuse-bbc-radio-2-a8805166.html

Last edited:
Not true.

From a BBC spokesman:

"It is not true that Michael Jackson has been dropped from the Radio 2 playlist - which is new releases - as he hasn’t been featured on it.

"We don’t ban songs or artists and Michael Jackson, like any other artist could, be played on BBC Radio as we consider each piece of music on its merits and decisions on what we play on different networks are always made with relevant audiences and context in mind."

Themidwestcowboy;4244822 said:
Not true.

From a BBC spokesman:

"It is not true that Michael Jackson has been dropped from the Radio 2 playlist - which is new releases - as he hasn’t been featured on it.

"We don’t ban songs or artists and Michael Jackson, like any other artist could, be played on BBC Radio as we consider each piece of music on its merits and decisions on what we play on different networks are always made with relevant audiences and context in mind."

Cheers bud, had no clue they chopped it up!

Re: BBCRadio2 Drop MJ's Music

I think this thread is unnecessary

That's good to know. The German BILD reported this morning, that BBC2 had dropped MJ from their playlist. Good to know it's not true.

This seems to be spreading around. Just saw a Piers Morgan GMB video where he repeated it.

A good friend of mine said the BBC World Service this morning repeated that Michael's music had been pulled.

Fiasco.

They put out a statement dening it. Maybe the producer at the world service didnt get it!

I have seen this news in many dansih newspapers and tabloids too…

It's Fake News - and it's spreading fast. - It's like the media wants others to stop playing MJ's music too… Why else would they bring a story that has been denied?

Just keep postibg the denials. This was prob their plan from the start

Kudos to my radio station of choice. They played "Heal The World", "We Are The World", "You Are Not Alone" and "The Way You Make Me Feel" over the last two days.

Hearing Michael's songs pop up on the radio unexpectedly is just such a different and pleasant experience than just popping in an album of his at home. Always makes my day hearing his beautiful voice and wonderful music like that!

The report specifically mentions BBCR2 cancelling his music yet the BBC statement only refers to the BBC and not specifically Radio 2.

The fact remains, up until 2 weeks ago, they played his music on Radio 2 EVERY DAY! Nothing in the last 14 DAYS!

Back