Bee Gees

None of these videos are available anymore, and we have no way of knowing what songs they were, seeing as you didn’t annotate the links. 😖
I have no idea what's on a post from 2010. 😂 The entire site was different then as well, so the way to post videos was not the same as now

Bee Gees / Don’t Wanna Live Inside Myself [1971]

5m 25s

Bee Gees / Fallen Angel [1993]

4m 32s

Got to post this one again, this time a live version.

Bee Gees / Lonely Days - 1971
(with full orchestra, taken from an hour long concert)

4m 12s

They had sustained success in Belgium scoring 4 big hits in the 90s, it wasn't really the same in other European countries. I liked the sound they had in this period with songs like for whom the bell tolls, paying the price of love, alone.
Paying the price of love was a massive hit in Belgium reaching nr 5, it didn't catch on the same in other countries.

They had sustained success in Belgium scoring 4 big hits in the 90s, it wasn't really the same in other European countries. I liked the sound they had in this period with songs like for whom the bell tolls, paying the price of love, alone.
Paying the price of love was a massive hit in Belgium reaching nr 5, it didn't catch on the same in other countries.
Alone’s bleedin’ rapid!
Bee Gees / Alone [1997]

4m 19s

Bee Gees / And The Sun Will Shine - 1968

3m 38s

Quotes taken from Wiki:

Barry Gibb recalls about the recording of this track:
"'And the Sun Will Shine' was a one-day event, I remember very well the engineer in that studio had a trap door in the ceiling where the soundproof room was! They must have decided that the engineer needed to be safe. You could make as much music as possible, but you couldn't get up into that soundproof room. And The Sun Will Shine' definitely had the potential to be something and, in fact, that's what we ended up with, the song on the spot. We never rerecorded it".

Robin Gibb said:
That's one of my favorites too, It was a very emotional song, but a lot of the words just came ad-libbed. The song actually wasn't planned. We just played the record down and sang it as we felt it. We kept the original demo the way it was and [later] just added the orchestra. It's got a great feeling to it, a great atmosphere, sometimes you know you can't recapture that feeling if you keep recording something.

This went straight to number one in the UK in 1986. Written and produced by Barry Gibb.
Diana Ross / Chain Reaction

3m 46s

Shout out for Maurice. Info taken from Wiki:

"DJ Paul Gambaccini said: "Maurice was the talented multi-instrumentalist, I mean here is a guy who played keyboards, guitar, bass and percussion."

Bruce Eder of AllMusic declared the track "Back Home" had "the loudest guitar ever heard on a Bee Gees record".

In the reunited Bee Gees from 1987 onward, Gibb was the group's resident expert on all technical phases of recording, and co-ordinated musicians and engineers to create much of the group's sound."

Bee Gees / Wildflower [1981]

4m 27s

Lead vocals by Maurice.

I will add that Maurice was absolutely instrumental for the sound of The Bee Gees.

And he was not only an outstanding vocalist and musician, but also a songwriter just as great as his brothers.

He and Barry, together with Albhy, wrote one of my all-time favourite songs for Dionne Warwick. There’s something truly magical about this one.

Dionne Warwick [feat. The Bee Gees] / I Can’t See Anything (But You) [1982; written by Barry Gibb, Maurice Gibb & Albhy Galuten]

3m 31s

Back