Ben affleck to be batman in new batman movie!......what do you guys think????

8701girl

Proud Member
Country
Australia
Ben Affleck has been named as the next actor to don Batman's black cape.
Affleck and filmmaker Zack Snyder will create a new incarnation of the character in Snyder's as-yet-untitled project, which will bring Batman and Superman together for the first time on the big screen, it was announced today.
Affleck, 41, will star opposite Man of Steel's Henry Cavill, who will reprise the role of Superman/Clark Kent.
manofsteel_main-300x0.jpg
Man of Steel[/i]."> Henry Cavill as Superman in Zack Snyder's Man of Steel.

"Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry's Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can't wait to work with him," Snyder said.
Advertisement
Last month's surprise announcement of the new movie created a wave of excitement and immediately fuelled debate among fans - as well as in the media - about who would put on the cape and cowl of Bruce Wayne's alter ego.
The film will also reunite Man of Steel stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane.
Affleck has some previous experience as a superhero - he played Daredevil in the 2003 film of the same name.
The studio has slated the film to open

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/entertainm...teel-sequel-20130823-2sfyv.html#ixzz2clAIkXMs

I'm not mad. This came way outta left field. Give him a chance. DAREDEVIL is the past. After directing and starring in THE TOWN & the oscar winning ARGO (Both films he directed and starred in for WB) so this says to me that WB has complete faith and trust in ben. Best of luck to him and congrats. He was also once rumored to direct the JUSTICE LEAGUE movie. 2015 is gonna be a big year in films!!

Not a good choice. Affleck doesn't remind me of Bruce Wayne/Batman at all. Also he has already played a superhero:

215px-Daredevil_poster.JPG

Not a good choice. Affleck doesn't remind me of Bruce Wayne/Batman at all. Also he has already played a superhero:

215px-Daredevil_poster.JPG
So? Why can't he play another? If you think ben was one of the problems in the film you clearly need to look up the guy who directed the film and the other crappy films he's directed since.

So? Why can't he play another? If you think ben was one of the problems in the film you clearly need to look up the guy who directed the film and the other crappy films he's directed since.
I actually like that Daredevil movie but I just don't like that one actor plays many superheroes. I want that every one of them is different. It was the same when I heard that Chris Evans was casted as Captain America(he was Human Torch in Fantastic Four before that). I don't have any problems with Ben Affleck as an actor but I just don't see him as Batman.

They should make 3D animated Batman movie like this and have Kevin Conroy as Batman:

Last edited:
I actually like that Daredevil movie but I just don't like that one actor plays many superheroes. I want that every one of them is different. It was the same when I heard that Chris Evans was casted as Captain America(he was Human Torch in Fantastic Four before that). I don't have any problems with Ben Affleck as an actor but I just don't see him as Batman.

They should make 3D animated Batman movie like this and have Kevin Conroy as Batman:
I wouldn't hold your breath on that happening so with that being said I think people need to give ben a break and most of all a chance.

Apparently, there were reports he was offered $50million to return, but he turned it down. Don't blame him.

I just hope that Ben Affleck doesn't try to imitate Christian Bale's god awful Batman voice. I like Christian Bale, he's my third favorite Batman (After Kevin Conroy and Michael Keaton) but his Batman voice sucked

I just hope that Ben Affleck doesn't try to imitate Christian Bale's god awful Batman voice. I like Christian Bale, he's my third favorite Batman (After Kevin Conroy and Michael Keaton) but his Batman voice sucked
I disagree.

Ben Affleck is not that bad. The worst was Michael Keaton. And Affleck is a good looking guy. I don't get why so much negativity over the choice of Affleck to play the part.

Back