Best of Joy - Original Version

Michael mentioned he felt The Toy was better than some of the songs on Thriller
The Toy is not better than some of the songs of Thriller because sitting in a vault for 40 means it has provided no happiness to anyone. Several Thriller songs are known to increase happiness due to their presence on radio. Baby Be Mine and The Lady in my Life were not singles and therefore do not cause happiness. Because they are generic and dull and purely left as a crutch for black audiences, who hated MJ because he found success.

Sources provided by Mj_frenzy

The Toy is not better than some of the songs of Thriller because sitting in a vault for 40 means it has provided no happiness to anyone. Several Thriller songs are known to increase happiness due to their presence on radio. Baby Be Mine and The Lady in my Life were not singles and therefore do not cause happiness. Because they are generic and dull and purely left as a crutch for black audiences, who hated MJ because he found success.

Had me in the first half can’t lie lol

Wrong format, it goes like this:

The Toy is not better than some of the songs of Thriller because sitting in a vault for 40 means it has provided no happiness to anyone.

Several Thriller songs are known to increase happiness due to their presence on radio. Baby Be Mine and The Lady in my Life were not singles and therefore do not cause happiness.

Because they are generic and dull and purely left as a crutch for black audiences, who hated MJ because he found success.

Wrong format, it goes like this:

The Toy is not better than some of the songs of Thriller because sitting in a vault for 40 means it has provided no happiness to anyone.

Several Thriller songs are known to increase happiness due to their presence on radio. Baby Be Mine and The Lady in my Life were not singles and therefore do not cause happiness.

Because they are generic and dull and purely left as a crutch for black audiences, who hated MJ because he found success.
That is technically the correct format. It should be noted that I used the wrong format because I have given a dull, generic effort in accurately imitating MJ_grenzy. Sources say that I am in love with him and just want his attention.

It should also be noted that the wrong format is in fact the superior way of formatting it, as only a hip, younger audience, appreciated such a banal, droll formatting, which is seen as a betrayal of an older, more senile audience.

It might be an unpopular opinion but best of joy/ the toy is absolute trash.

Every version sucks. The only thing it has going for is is the sentimental value ie last song he recorded etc.

Stranger in Moscow didn't chart, smart guy. It literally didn't even get up to 90.
Ok smart guy 🖕

In my country, UK, it was number 4 in the charts 😉 I'm also sure that it was number 1 in a few different countries.

Stranger in Moscow is regarded as one of MJ's best songs or underrated gems if you wanna call it that.

Doesn't change my opinion about best of joy being utter dog turd 😂

Ok smart guy 🖕

In my country, UK, it was number 4 in the charts 😉 I'm also sure that it was number 1 in a few different countries.

Stranger in Moscow is regarded as one of MJ's best songs or underrated gems if you wanna call it that.
Well in the UK it seems they can't make up their mind what they dislike. They seem to accept and allow any chap lol

I'm just saying the irony of it

If it had been released as a single it would never have charted , that's how bad it is.

Doesn't change the fact that you're dead wrong lol.

Stranger in Moscow didn't chart, smart guy. It literally didn't even get up to 90.
That's just the US. Yeah, it's the biggest market for 'pop' music but it's not the only market.

SIM - No.1 in Spain and Italy and the Czech Republic / No. 4 in the UK (on the charts for 18 weeks) / Top Ten in Hungary, Denmark, Taiwan, New Zealand, Switzerland, Australia / Top 20 in Finland and Ireland and France / Top 30 in various countries.

Not Michael's biggest hit, of course. I have no idea how many units you'd have to shift to get to No.6 in Hungary, for example.

Just to be clear - I don't think you're slagging off SIM. I think you're saying - if a song does not do well in the charts, that doesn't make it a crap song. I'm just standing up for the UK and Europe since we are the second biggest market for pop music. It's not all about the US, lol.

The charts is a lousy measurement for quality of arts.
Agree 100%.

A pop chart can be a bit of a blunt instrument. All of those anomalies. The brilliant song held off the No.1 by a novelty record. Useful, nonetheless. Doesn't tell us anything about quality but it's interesting to know what has made an impact on people and I do love the way it can show someone's global reach. SIM at No.5 in Taiwan? Gotta be happy about that.:)

Well in the UK it seems they can't make up their mind what they dislike. They seem to accept and allow any chap lol
I don't even know what this means. :ROFLMAO:

A pop chart can be a bit of a blunt instrument. All of those anomalies. The brilliant song held off the No.1 by a novelty record. Useful, nonetheless. Doesn't tell us anything about quality but it's interesting to know what has made an impact on people and I do love the way it can show someone's global reach. SIM at No.5 in Taiwan? Gotta be happy about that.:)
The song's quality and popularity should be measured by actual sales of the song, or even by ticket sales of the artist who performs that song in a certain show, not by a pop chart.

A high pop chart position of a song can be very misleading.

One reason is that an effective and extensive radio promotion (by the artist's record label that actually pays money for that tactic) can easily lead to a high radio airplay of the song which in turn also leads to a high pop chart position of it.

I'm not really a fan of The Toy demo, it's okay but it's not a strong enough track to consider on any solo albums. Mike definitely improved upon it.
Neff U deserves credit, he brought a lot to the track

Back