Best of Joy - Original Version

I isn't that where the song Fly Girl ended up on? Also don't forget Will I Am wrote Ordinary People which is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.

It is yeah. I listened to that album when I saw it mentioned here and I think there was like one good song on it. Just imo of course.

It is yeah. I listened to that album when I saw it mentioned here and I think there was like one good song on it. Just imo of course.
Fly Girl was the only good one IMO as well. It was one of the songs played during the interview with MJ and Will.I.Am. Honestly didn't understand what MJ saw in him, guy def. was overhyped. I think "Where is the love" really spoke to him (MJ)

can someone post both versions please? i only find one on youtube its always the same song.

I revive this thread as i feel it's a good time to do so, we've now got The Toy...
Although i also revive it to ask, does anyone have the Best of Joy acapella? lol

I should've figured lol. I don't have it unfortunately but in case no one else has maybe you could use a MP3 website converter?
I'd rather die lol, nah just kidding, but if i don't find anyone that has the original file in a few hours, i guess i'll have no other option than to rip it from youtube with Youtube-DLP

It must be the exact same song as The Toy but with a different opening line lol. If the demo of BoJ ever comes out/gets leaked I wanna hear the 2008 demo, with the different 3rd verse and the original instrumental it must be perfection.

It must be the exact same song as The Toy but with a different opening line lol. If the demo of BoJ ever comes out/gets leaked I wanna hear the 2008 demo, with the different 3rd verse and the original instrumental it must be perfection.
The original instrumental, being the one on T40? Very bland imo especially the drum machine.
Anyway I find it all very confusing lol

Its incredible to think that Best of Joy was recorded in 2008 when Michael was 50 and The Toy was recorded when Michael was like 23. Yet, Michael sounds so youthful during Best of Joy, that you can't even tell that there is a difference of nearly thirty years between the recording of both songs.

It’s absolutely phenomenal. His vocals are absolutely stunning —— partial strength, at nearly age 51 —— and, he could still out-sing artists half his age.
YES, indeed, @AlwaysThere!!! Totally agreed. I haven’t posted in any threads on this board in a good long while. . . .SO glad to be back!!! As you may already know, any good, positive discussion about Michael’s singing-voice and vocal abilities —— whether those we and most of the public have previously heard from him over the course of some 40 years of his career, or the extremely rare vocals we didn’t realize he either was or potentially could have been capable of,* at the time when we first heard them (*like the brief few-seconds-long scene in his 1996-released short film, “Ghosts” —— right before he performed the song “Is It Scary?” as a skeleton —— that mostly no one ever knew it was actually HIS lovely voice singing in the background of that original segment of the film, until he demonstrated his vocal skills during a break in his “This Is It” rehearsals many years later) —— I’m still all up in here for it. One of, if not THE, most favorite topics to discuss.

I just feel the need to place the BEST of this song here. *Real Joy.*
Hmm. . . .This really is interesting, @wendijane. It’s the very first time for me to have ever actually heard the Demo version for myself. I didn’t even know it existed, to be honest with you. Except for the main differences such things as its title, the opening lyrics, the instrumentation, the background vocals, and so forth, the lead vocals on this version (as “The Toy”) are just about identical to the ones on the posthumously-released “MICHAEL” album (as “Best of Joy”), one of the last songs Michael recorded, just months before he started the rehearsals for his 2009 shows in London (which, sadly, never came through to fruition). How amazing it was and still IS, though, that his singing-voice sounded as great as it ever had, at almost 51 years of age. It’s as though his voice hadn’t really aged at all, in nearly some 30 years’ time between the two versions.

Last edited:
LoL- I meant Thriller 50th anniversary.

For Michael50 I can imagine them releasing 9 outtakes on a bonus cd. Guess which songs they would choose?
The old 2010 mixes of STTR, DYKWYCA, and SWLM probably

Maybe Mark Ronson's Lovely Way.

Back