It's the day, grand old day
Let's both go outside and pray

Improvement.

Let us walk down the park
Making love til it's dark

Why would you be making love at a park? Indecent exposure. It should be

Singing songs til it's dark
(or alternatively, sing a song til it's dark)

Improvement.

Last edited:
Let's not wait until the sun is out
Let's get up and let's get out

Um, no. Rhyming with the same word is lazy. It should be

Let's not wait until the sun is out
Let's get up and let's go shout

Improvement.

Let's both go outside and play

Uh, "let's both go outside and play" in a sex song? Cringe. It should be

Let's both go outside and lay

Improvement.

Making love til it's dark

Why would you be making love at a park? Indecent exposure. It should be

Singing songs til it's dark
(or alternatively, sing a song til it's dark)

Improvement.

It's "It's a day, a brand new day,"

And on the one hand you're saying it's cringe to mention play in a sex song then you're asking why they'd make love in a park and trying to change it to something more family friendly.

Do you like any of Michael's songs, all you do is nitpick :ROFLMAO:

And on the one hand you're saying it's cringe to mention play in a sex song then you're asking why they'd make love in a park and trying to change it to something more family friendly.

Because having sex at a park is illegal. Best not to advocate for indecent exposure.

Well would it have to be in a park . Who says they are having to be in a park . Maybe they are taking a stroll through the park to get to a hotel or his car or home / garden something? You know, what is at the end of those park gates?

The preceding line is "let us walk down the park" so they're making love at the park

Because having sex at a park is illegal. Best not to advocate for indecent exposure.
:rolleyes:
It links back to the opening verse
"I remember you and I walking though the park at night
Kiss and touch, nothing much, let it blow just touch and go"

I don't think many people listened to "Break of dawn" and went "OMG Michael is down for having sex in the park, best take that off my playlist"

I don't think many people listened to "Break of dawn" and went "OMG Michael is down for having sex in the park, best take that off my playlist"
I did, lmao. But I was 13 when I first listened to it (and I tend to take a lot of things too literally in general anyway), and I just thought it meant he was real freaky or something, that had no shame about doin' it anywhere. šŸ˜­ On the contrary, I thought it was hilarious and continued listening to it.

Now, as an (almost) adult, I praise the song for its mature content and sensuality, and his magnificent vocals. I always have.

But seriously though, don't raw dog in a public area.

I did, lmao. But I was 13 when I first listened to it (and I tend to take a lot of things too literally in general anyway), and I just thought it meant he was real freaky or something, that had no shame about doin' it anywhere. šŸ˜­ On the contrary, I thought it was hilarious and continued listening to it.

Now, as an (almost) adult, I praise the song for its mature content and sensuality, and his magnificent vocals. I always have.

But seriously though, don't raw dog in a public area.

:ROFLMAO: Yeah fair. Actually, I was about 13 when Invincible came out, and wasn't a huge fan of Break of Dawn.

I still didn't think I needed to rewrite the lyrics though

This one always reminded me a bit of Break Of Dawn, with the park romance thing. Would have be a nice song for MJ anyway, imo

Back