Blood on the Dance Floor did not belong on Dangerous.

I just still wanna hear Streetwalker '87 so badly man, if Streetwalker '88 is amazing, just think how good Streetwalker '87 is

I wonder if they would have released it in 2012 if the estate was on good terms with Quincy

I just still wanna hear Streetwalker '87 so badly man, if Streetwalker '88 is amazing, just think how good Streetwalker '87 is

I wonder if they would have released it in 2012 if the estate was on good terms with Quincy
Is this the version?

It's been a debate but I don't think Quincy touched this song. I think he would have if it made the album same way the original APOM sounds different from what appeared on Bad after Quincy tweaked it.

Is this the version?

It's been a debate but I don't think Quincy touched this song. I think he would have if it made the album same way the original APOM sounds different from what appeared on Bad after Quincy tweaked it.
From many sources Quincy did mix it. Makes sense because it was removed from the setlist sometime in July I think, right before pressings

Wasn’t that the ‘88 one? cus now I’m confused lmao
i always hear people even on this forums that Quincy did it
No, the 88 mix was done by Bill Bottrell.

Bruce Swedien was the main engineer who had worked on all Michael's solo album sessions, except Blood.

Wait, I think BOTDF should have been on Dangerous. When the track was (finally) released I desperately wanted to hear MJ singing a funky pop tune again, after the grit of History. Now, BOTDF surely is a funky pop tune but the vocals of the verses are too raw and unclear to sing a long imo. If it was on Dangerous however that wouldn't be a problem because it would be compensated by the other, easy to sing-a-long to tracks like RTT or BoR

Wait, I think BOTDF should have been on Dangerous. When the track was (finally) released I desperately wanted to hear MJ singing a funky pop tune again, after the grit of History. Now, BOTDF surely is a funky pop tune but the vocals of the verses are too raw and unclear to sing a long imo. If it was on Dangerous however that wouldn't be a problem because it would be compensated by the other, easy to sing-a-long to tracks like RTT or BoR
Sing along to... Are you Michael Jr? Just dance brother

I would be very happy if BOTDF was included on Dangerous instead of She Drives Me Wild
or Can't Let Her Get Away.
Both of those songs fit the general theme of MJ himself being something "Dangerous", and Bad. It adds a tougher element. Blood does not. It describes a killer woman, it basically puts MJ in danger. So it still won't fit thematically.

Both of those songs fit the general theme of MJ himself being something "Dangerous", and Bad. It adds a tougher element. Blood does not. It describes a killer woman, it basically puts MJ in danger. So it still won't fit thematically.
the song "dangerous": it's the woman who's dangerous. So is Susie in blood

Ok,my english isnt the best and not main language so I dont pay much attention to the english lyrics in a song.
I just like the Blood track much more than the two mentioned ones 😌

the song "dangerous": it's the woman who's dangerous. So is Susie in blood
Yes but the tracklisting is thematic. It's the last song and it's basically like a contrast. So it's almost like the record goes, MJ is dangerous, but good natured, he "repents", with maybe dark moments along the way, and then he sins because of a dangerous woman. And then you start the record over and it's almost a cycle.

Blood would take away from that arc.

Michael Jackson’s ‘Blood On The Dance Floor’ Single
March 21, 2024
On this date in 1997, Michael’s “Blood On The Dance Floor” single was released. Music critic and now SiriusXM radio host Larry Flick calls it “a winning jam” and says, this track has a “groove that provides a firm foundation for a lip-smacking vocal and a harmony-laden hook that is downright unshakable.” Watch the short film for the song now.

Back