Blood on the Dance Floor did not belong on Dangerous.

I agree but here's something I think more people will disagree on

Streetwalker did not belong on Bad.
not while TWYMMF was on there.

The Way You Make Me Feel Streetwalker
Just Good Friends (Feat. Stevie) Cheater (Feat. Stevie)

'Streetwalker' fitted the 'BAD' album (with the 'The Way You Make Feel' on it).

The reason is that these 2 songs thematically complement each other well, considering that 'Streetwalker' works as a dark extension to the 'The Way You Make Feel' song.

should've been released as a b-side but not on the album

The most people can seem to say is "If you remove half of what makes Dangerous, Dangerous" then the song will fit.

Like, I respect your opinion, but I feel like that only proves my point further.

Meanwhile, if Just Good Friends was coming out the vault now we'd be estatic and begging for it's release. It's just funny that way.

The most people can seem to say is "If you remove half of what makes Dangerous, Dangerous" then the song will fit.

Like, I respect your opinion, but I feel like that only proves my point further.

Meanwhile, if Just Good Friends was coming out the vault now we'd be estatic and begging for it's release. It's just funny that way.

That's how it is. We're used to the sound and configuration of an album that as soon as an unreleased song from the session is heard, we instantly try to fit it and are convinced it should've been on the album because it's a new sound for us

That's how it is. We're used to the sound and configuration of an album that as soon as an unreleased song from the session is heard, we instantly try to fit it and are convinced it should've been on the album because it's a new sound for us
I think the only songs I've personally done that with is Behind The Mask; that song could easily be right behind Wanna Be Startin' Somethin. Otherwise, I'm preferential to everything that made the records.

Well, Faces on HIStory would be cool. And Victory with more MJ tunes. But otherwise, I just don't.

As much as I like BOTDF and SPYHO, if these two were included on Dangerous it would’ve been too much Teddy Riley.

I’m also with Quincy and believe APOM was a much better choice than Streetwalker.
Quincy Jones stated that it was actually because of Frank DiLeo.

There were 3 guys in the room: Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones, and Frank DiLeo.

First, they listened to the 'Streetwalker' song (during that song they were all sitting down).

Then, it was time for 'Another Part Of Me', and when it began to play, Frank DiLeo stood up and he started to dance to the song.

In that way, 'Another Part Of Me' took the place of the 'Streetwalker' song (on the album).

Hilarious, because most would be saying "ANOTHER MJ and STEVIE COLAB BESIDES GET IT??? PLEASEEE ESTATE I WILL FURIOUSLY SHIT MY PANTS IF I DON'T GET THIS FOR BAD 50TH"

Here is a Dangerous album list with BotD by MJ and Swedien. Skip to 4.39. Also, a nice beatbox by MJ after.

Replace She drives me wild with BOTDF and Gone Too Soon with SPYHO and we got the perfect album.

'Streetwalker' fitted the 'BAD' album (with the 'The Way You Make Feel' on it).

The reason is that these 2 songs thematically complement each other well, considering that 'Streetwalker' works as a dark extension to the 'The Way You Make Feel' song.
I agree 100% theoretically, however my most unpopular opinion about Street Walker is, it was NOT about a prostitute, which I think is why its upbeat like TWYMMF. "I never met a girl just like you, come so easy don't you break my heart 'cause I love you" is not about a money grubber who'd sell her body for a dollar. A prostitute would "come easy" (no pun intended) without all that and they sure don't engender "love" from a man.

I also see TWYMMF and SW as being practically the same song about the same chick just as I do, Can't Let Her Get Away and She Drives Me Wild.

Street Walker: "I watch you paint the town so pretty, I hear you comin in and out my thoughts"

(which he had sang in Lovely One "The first time that I saw you walking down the street so pretty, go'on wicho bad self", so its easy for me to see the vibe of TWYMMF and SW in that same way as in Lovely One)

TWYMMF: "You're just a product of your lovliness, I love the groove of your walk your talk your dress, I feel your fever from miles around...I'll pick you up in my car and we'll paint the town"
jmho

Last edited:
It has a New jack sound sound that would have better fit 1991 than 1997. I agree that it was best for it not to be on any of MJ's main albums, though.

Reactions: SoS
My DANGEROUS album preference, which imo gives the album more balance:

JAM
SHE DRIVES ME WILD
IN THE CLOSET
(Video Version)
BLACK OR WHITE
(No M.Culkin Intro)
GIVE IN TO ME
KEEP THE FAITH
SOMEONE PUT YOUR HAND OUT

BLOOD ON THE DANCEFLOOR
WHO IS IT
WILL YOU BE THERE
(5:42 "Free Willy" ST version)
GONE TOO SOON
REMEMBER THE TIME
DANGEROUS
(Overly long outro cut shorter)
HEAL THE WORLD
(without kid intro)

I agree 100% theoretically, however my most unpopular opinion about Street Walker is, it was NOT about a prostitute, which I think is why its upbeat like TWYMMF. "I never met a girl just like you, come so easy don't you break my heart 'cause I love you" is not about a money grubber who'd sell her body for a dollar. A prostitute would "come easy" (no pun intended) without all that and they sure don't engender "love" from a man.

I also see TWYMMF and SW as being practically the same song about the same chick just as I do, Can't Let Her Get Away and She Drives Me Wild.

Street Walker: "I watch you paint the town so pretty, I hear you comin in and out my thoughts"

(which he had sang in Lovely One "The first time that I saw you walking down the street so pretty, go'on wicho bad self", so its easy for me to see the vibe of TWYMMF and SW in that same way as in Lovely One)

TWYMMF: "You're just a product of your lovliness, I love the groove of your walk your talk your dress, I feel your fever from miles around...I'll pick you up in my car and we'll paint the town"
jmho
'Streetwalker' is about a streetwalker (prostitute) with whom Michael Jackson supposedly falls in love.

A problem with 'Streetwalker' (on the 'BAD' album) would have been its music video because it would have looked very similar to the 'The Way You Make Me Feel' music video.

'Streetwalker' is about a streetwalker (prostitute) with whom Michael Jackson supposedly falls in love.

A problem with 'Streetwalker' (on the 'BAD' album) would have been its music video because it would have looked very similar to the 'The Way You Make Me Feel' music video.
You're only basing it on the title, I offerred many references. You're entitled of course, to base your opinion on the title alone...or whatevv

Since MJ re-recorded his vocals for BOTDF, do we know if he sang it the same way on the Dangerous version?

Also I believe Teddy said during a panel or interview that he worked on a different song with the same title, predating the one we know. But it wasn't clear to me if MJ worked on it. Anyone remember that?

Since MJ re-recorded his vocals for BOTDF, do we know if he sang it the same way on the Dangerous version?

Also I believe Teddy said during a panel or interview that he worked on a different song with the same title, predating the one we know. But it wasn't clear to me if MJ worked on it. Anyone remember that?
Wasn't Bill Bottrell working on a song called Blood On The Dance Floor? He told MJ about the title, Mike loved it and wrote BOTDF over a beat on the DAT Teddy had presented to him

jmho

For me, this sounds like prostitution.

“I never met a girl just like you come so easy” - coming easy means not hard to find…

“I watch you paint the town” - always in the streets

Of course it could mean something else but Michael knew what he was doing

Back