Blood On The Dance Floor is an extension to Dangerous

Lord Jackson

Banned
What do I mean by this?

Well songs like BOTDF and Superfly Sisters have that sound (New Jack Swing) from the Dangerous album, they seem to be scrapped songs from the album and reworked for the 1997 album

Morphine is probably the only one which would be weird to include

Is It Scary is really just Ghosts part 2

I'd say remove one or two weak songs from Dangerous (I'm thinking Keep the Faith personally) and put Superfly Sisters and BOTDF back on there and you got an even better version of Dangerous

Anyone else?

Blood On The Dance Floor and Superfly Sister are Dangerous era outtakes.

I suppose BOTDF could have replaced SDMW, but I am glad Superfly Sister didn't make it on the album. It's a very weak, boring and long song. Also Keep The Faith is a banger.

Blood and Superfly are outakes from Dangerous, the other 3 are from the HIStory sessions, Blood would have been an amazing addition to Dangerous but Superfly Sister is poor and repetitive in my opinion.

'Superfly Sister' has a funky sound, rather than a new jack swing sound.

The 'Dangerous' album has more than just two weak songs on it, and taking into account some of the great outtakes from that album ('Monkey Business', 'Man In Black', 'Serious Effect', 'Mind Is The Magic', etc), one can easily understand that the final track list of that album has very serious issues.

Also, my question is why they did not include 'Ghosts', 'Is It Scary', or even 'Morphine' (complete songs during the 'HIStory' album sessions) on the 'HIStory' album, which were songs that perfectly fit the dark and aggressive theme and tone of that album.

Also, my question is why they did not include 'Ghosts', 'Is It Scary', or even 'Morphine' (complete songs during the 'HIStory' album sessions) on the 'HIStory' album, which were songs that perfectly fit the dark and aggressive theme and tone of that album.
Most likely because Michael had the final word on it

This is the big difference with the Quincy Jones era, where he's actually make some good decisions

(well, with exceptions like Just Good Friends)

Yes, I don't consider Superfly Sister to be NJW at all. Superfly Sister is one of my fav MJ songs but I Don't think it would have fit Dangerous. Blood On The Dancefloor on the other hand! Shesh. That deserved to be on Dangerous. If BOTDF and Someone Put Your Hands would have been on Dangerous it would have been one of the best albums of all time

What do I mean by this?

Well songs like BOTDF and Superfly Sisters have that sound (New Jack Swing) from the Dangerous album, they seem to be scrapped songs from the album and reworked for the 1997 album

Morphine is probably the only one which would be weird to include

Is It Scary is really just Ghosts part 2

I'd say remove one or two weak songs from Dangerous (I'm thinking Keep the Faith personally) and put Superfly Sisters and BOTDF back on there and you got an even better version of Dangerous

Anyone else?

Is It Scary is not "really just"....well.....anything. I think this is a cursory and simplistic assessment of a very complex and truly amazing song.

I am sincerely glad that Is it Scary came along later, on a different album; separate to "Dangerous", which is already crowded with a plethora of hit songs one after the other.

I could see BOTDF fitting very nicely onto Dangerous, but again, I'm actually glad that it wasn't, in that the outtakes flowed over onto another MJ album which we may not have been able to experience, otherwise.

I don't like Superfly Sister or Morphine - Morphine in particular shouldn't have made it onto any album at all, in my opinion.

Keep the Faith is sublime, much like Will You Be There and showcases Michael's "gospel" side. One thing a consumer always gets with a Michael Jackson album is variety.

I'd say remove one or two weak songs from Dangerous (I'm thinking Keep the Faith personally) and put Superfly Sisters

For me the weak song on Dangerous is Who Is It (I know some are going to hate this)... but I would never trade it for Superfly Sister...
I'm not sure what I would trade it for though, at the same time, it's fine where it is on the album. (Considering the feeling of the melody, maybe I would trade it for Price of Fame.)

Is It Scary is not "really just"....well.....anything. I think this is a cursory and simplistic assessment of a very complex and truly amazing song.

And: yes!

If we're replacing tracks on Dangerous for BOTDF and maybe Someone Put Your Hand Out, for me I'm taking Why You Wanna Trip On Me, She Drives Me Wild and Can't Let Her Get Away off the album. Those IMO are the 3 weaker tracks.

Keep the Faith was a great song, should have been a single. 1 of MJ's personal favorites from those who worked on the album with him.

Wtf is wrong with you lmao
Nothing is wrong with me. I am often out on a limb with some of my opinions about MJ's songs. I'm not afraid to have them, though.

I think Morphine is very weird and jarring. I know it's supposed to be confrontational and thought-provoking and all of that, but I just don't like it. I don't like the subject matter; I don't like the contrasts and juxtaposition of certain elements in the song; nor do I like the strange interjections.....like the woman's voice, for example. I prefer MJ's inspirational and uplifting songs - songs of hope and wonder and also the more angry, "call to action" songs; not this dark descent into who knows where.

Last edited:
If we're replacing tracks on Dangerous for BOTDF and maybe Someone Put Your Hand Out, for me I'm taking Why You Wanna Trip On Me, She Drives Me Wild and Can't Let Her Get Away off the album. Those IMO are the 3 weaker tracks.

Keep the Faith was a great song, should have been a single. 1 of MJ's personal favorites from those who worked on the album with him.
Why You Wanna Trip on Me has grown on me, since Michael passed away, but I'm definitely with you on SDMW and CLHGA. Dangerous is my favourite album, but I do often wish MJ had chosen two other songs besides those, or at least given them different treatment??

Last edited:
For me the weak song on Dangerous is Who Is It (I know some are going to hate this)... but I would never trade it for Superfly Sister...
I'm not sure what I would trade it for though, at the same time, it's fine where it is on the album. (Considering the feeling of the melody, maybe I would trade it for Price of Fame.)
OMG, I LOVE Who Is It!! I used to have a massive sound system with huge speakers and surround sound in my lounge room and that song, in particular, was AH-MAZING when played on that sound system, way up LOUD! I can't tell you how many Saturday afternoons were spent cleaning house to the sounds of the Dangerous album, in the nineties. That and Pearl Jam's albums - Ten, Vs., Vitalogy and No Code.

About 'Morphine', it appears that Michael Jackson drew inspiration for it partly from the 'Some Velvet Morning' song by Lee Hazlewood and Nancy Sinatra (1967).

More specifically, the bridge 'Morphine' section with its ethereal music and his soft vocals were apparently inspired by Nancy Sinatra's speaking style of singing while ethereal music is played during her part of the 'Some Velvet Morning' song.

Also, 'Morphine' refers to the effect of certain drugs and how they can drift you away, just like 'Some Velvet Morning' where Nancy Sinatra also sings about how certain drugs can take you to a beautiful and peaceful nature imagery.

well... isn't that known since ages? you can even hear the same drum-sounds were used on BOTDF and Remember The Time..

She Drives Me Wild is cool and has some of the best lyrics Michael's ever written and Can't Let Her Get Away is nice but it drags on for too long. It's a 5 minute song that could have been trimmed down to 3 minutes.

Reactions: MJ5
Can't Let Her Get Away is nice but it drags on for too long. It's a 5 minute song that could have been trimmed down to 3 minutes.
I think you can say that about a quite a few of Michael's songs on Dangerous, History and Invincible.

She Drives Me Wild is cool and has some of the best lyrics Michael's ever written and Can't Let Her Get Away is nice but it drags on for too long. It's a 5 minute song that could have been trimmed down to 3 minutes.
You really think so?

She's got the look
She's so fine
And you know damn well
The girl will be mine
She got the breaks
She's a scene
And you know damn well
She gives it to me
Black jeans
And a turtleneck sweater
I know the girl is fakin'
'Cause I've seen her look better
She composition
She statistical fact
Got it ready for the willing
Got it kickin' at the back

You think these lyrics are some of the best lyrics Michael has ever written?

You really think so?

She's got the look
She's so fine
And you know damn well
The girl will be mine
She got the breaks
She's a scene
And you know damn well
She gives it to me
Black jeans

And a turtleneck sweater
She composition
She statistical fact

Yes. Yes I do. Especially the parts I highlighted

Yes. Yes I do. Especially the parts I highlighted
It is not clear which 'She Drives Me Wild' lyrics were actually written by Michael Jackson and which by Teddy Riley because both of them wrote lyrics for that song (aside the rap lyrics which were written by a third guy).

This means that your highlighted parts could have been written solely by Teddy Riley.

Also, 'Can't Let Her Get Away' was intended to be 7 minutes exact in duration, so it was impossible for them to remove 4 whole minutes.

Blood and Superfly are outakes from Dangerous, the other 3 are from the HIStory sessions, Blood would have been an amazing addition to Dangerous but Superfly Sister is poor and repetitive in my opinion.
Ghosts is also from Dangerous.;)
I think Morphine is very weird and jarring. I know it's supposed to be confrontational and thought-provoking and all of that, but I just don't like it. I don't like the subject matter; I don't like the contrasts and juxtaposition of certain elements/phases in the song; nor do I like the strange interjections.....like the woman's voice, for example. I prefer MJ's inspirational and uplifting songs - songs of hope and wonder and also the more angry, "call to action" songs; not this dark descent into who knows where.
Morphine is one of MJs finest compositions, imo.

Yes, I don't consider Superfly Sister to be NJW at all. Superfly Sister is one of my fav MJ songs but I Don't think it would have fit Dangerous. Blood On The Dancefloor on the other hand! Shesh. That deserved to be on Dangerous. If BOTDF and Someone Put Your Hands would have been on Dangerous it would have been one of the best albums of all time
I agree with Blood and Someone being on the album.

This is how I would have compiled the album, btw

01 Jam
02 Why You Wanna Trip on Me
03 In The Closet
04 Blood on the Dance Floor
05 Remember the Time
06 Someone Put Your Hand Out
07 Heal the World
08 Black or White (w/o intro)
09 Who Is It
10 Give In to Me
11 Will You Be There (w/o prelude)
12 Keep the Faith
13 For all Time
14 Dangeous

You really think so?

She's got the look
She's so fine
And you know damn well
The girl will be mine
She got the breaks
She's a scene
And you know damn well
She gives it to me
Black jeans
And a turtleneck sweater
She composition
She statistical fact

She Got It reminds me a lot of the SDMW lyrics wise
I agree with Blood and Someone being on the album.

This is how I would have compiled the album, btw

01 Jam
02 Why You Wanna Trip on Me
03 In The Closet
04 Blood on the Dance Floor
05 Remember the Time
06 Someone Put Your Hand Out
07 Heal the World
08 Black or White (w/o intro)
09 Who Is It
10 Give In to Me
11 Will You Be There (w/o prelude)