Bob Dylan

Graf

Proud Member
I'm a very big Bob Dylan fan and I have every album of his..He's very much more of an acquired taste, but I think he's just amazing. Anyone else a fan?

What are some of your favorite Bob Dylan songs/albums?

Here the covers of my top 3 favorite albums of his ;)

200px-Timeoutofmindcover.jpg

200px-Moderntimes%2CBobdylan.jpg

200px-Highway_61_Revisited.jpg

Bob raps!

[youtube]xfi7ME_Y5Vs[/youtube]
[youtube]BBfhSEWXFYQ[/youtube]

Re: Bob raps!

Thanks I've never heard him rapping before :lol:

I can't say that I'm a fan Bob Dylan yet, but there's something I can share, when I was a baby, my dad plays Bob Dylan to put me to sleep. He loves Bob Dylan.

So excited about this!!!

Also, I had no idea there was a Bob Dylan thread on here. My worlds are merging so beautifully right now 😍

So excited about this!!!

Also, I had no idea there was a Bob Dylan thread on here. My worlds are merging so beautifully right now 😍
I never bothered to bump this thread before bc it's so short and there are music threads for me to post his songs. I do prefer having a dedicated space, though. And the book info was too important, imo, to just dump in some random 'what are you thinking about now' thread. The publishing date is almost here. I'm getting very excited. This news here is fab. Bob will be doing some bits of the audio book!!!!!!! Yay!! I'm stoked about that.

I think with T40 and Bob my head is going to explode into outer space next month, lol. :D

A few days ago I woke up with this song in my head, but due to my irrational commitment to the Thriller Challenge I wouldn't let myself listen to it until today lol

I love every single thing about this song. It's probably in my top 5 favorite Dylan songs. I'm not joking.

I got married and quickly divorced in my early 20s and I swear to God, I would not have survived that without Bob Dylan. This song was a part of that.

Idiot Wind was one of the biggest parts of the above... I love every single version of this song. The main studio recording which is rageful, the live version that are spitting with vitriol, and then this version... the tender, vulnerable, pained version. No anger, just anguish, and longing. GOD it's incredible.

My fave version as well. Listened to BOTT last week after years. It is hard to not call it the best album of all time

Idiot Wind was one of the biggest parts of the above... I love every single version of this song. The main studio recording which is rageful, the live version that are spitting with vitriol, and then this version... the tender, vulnerable, pained version. No anger, just anguish, and longing. GOD it's incredible.
Idiot Wind is my favorite Dylan song, and it certainly is an anthem for the times we live in, especially those falsely accused in the current witch hunt hysteria.

Bob Dylan / Mama You Been On My Mind (Studio Outtake 1964)

2m 55s

Because its Mothering Sunday today (in the UK).

OK, I have to admit something. I haven't listened to Jokerman in maybe a year or so. But today I was admiring MJ's beauty (a constant state) and the line "Michelangelo indeed could have carved out your features..." popped into my head. I'm sorry, Bob, that this is the reason I thought of your Jokerman masterpiece, but I also think it's an accurate assessment!

Nevertheless, I listened to it a few times 😍 and then I found this live version with such a different vibe and I f'n LOVE it!

"I consider myself a poet first and a musician second. I live like a poet and I'll die like a poet."

Bob Dylan

"Award-winning actor Timothée Chalamet made his debut on the set of the much-anticipated Bob Dylan biopic in New York City, embodying the legendary singer-songwriter with effortless style.Sporting a distinctive gambler hat and fingerless gloves, the 28-year-old actor perfectly captured Dylan's iconic look as he carried a guitar for filming."

2m

Back