Book: Remember the Time: Protecting Michael Jackson in His Final Days / Review @pg8

Michael Amir Williams' was suing AEG with others for lost of salary due to TII's cancellation however, I have no clue how and if that was ever resolved.

But, you would think that with Michael Amir Williams input, this would give the book more credibility. The bodyguard's writing the book weren't there after Michael moved from Las Vegas to Los Angeles, the months before he died. But, Michael Amir Williams was. So...perhaps Michael Amir Williams didn't participate because he was expecting to win something in his lawsuit, which he didn't win. So...maybe Michael Amir Williams will be coming out with his own version, aka book deal, and he will then promote it with 'the real story behind the bodyguard's lies,' as told in their version, aka book!

Pretty soon, people will actually have to go out and buy a bookcase just for all the Michael Jackson books, because everybody will have a story to sell, cause too many people want to listen, as in buy these stories, just because the reader will personally know Michael Jackson better. Just do what Sullivan did, research the internet for most of your sources. Okay go interview someone who had a grudge against Michael, which so many did, because Michael came to the realization that these former associates were just full of hot air and nothing much more than that. Michael had real talent and when he realized how insincere someone was, he'd disappear out of the individual's life and they'd be standing there with a 'how dare he do that to me,' entitlement complex. Michael's song's explains it all!

Annita, allow me to clarify: a judge was to decide if his claim could be a class action suit which meant other employees would be eligible to join the suit and receive monies if successful. The judge, as per the link you posted, dismissed the case and ordered Williams to pay AEG thus, no class action suit.

AliCat, yes, Williams may have spent more time with Michael than these bodyguards however; I do not believe he knew Michael more intimately than any other employee Michael had. I agree with you that reading such books will not mean one can achieve and/or share a level of intimacy with Michael that these employees believe they had with their employer.

Readers will learn what these authors tell them. The tales will be acceptable if it is pleasing to the reader, i.e., it conforms to an image of Michael they may find acceptable. I also agree that less than noble intentions are behind such books. These authors have learned what sells and are looking forward to potential profits.

Last edited:
Tanner Colby ‏@tannercolby 42 Sek.

Thrilled to have Joe Vogel’s endorsement for @MJBodyguards #RememberTheTime. Check it out: http://rememberthetime-book.com @val9031

"Remember the Time foregoes sensationalism in favor of a sympathetic but unsentimental examination of life behind the gates in Michael Jackson's final years. Told in conversational accounts by Jackson's former bodyguards, Bill Whitfield and Javon Beard, the narrative is by turns absorbing, routine, humorous, and tragic. A single father facing enormous financial pressures and a vagabond existence while trying to find some peace and joy with his three young children, Jackson is revealed, not as the 'freak show' the media so often presented, but as human. These recollections not only help fill in some of the biographical gaps in Jackson's life but demonstrate with unflinching detail the real-life price of fame."
—Joseph Vogel, author of Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of Michael Jackson

From Bill Whitfield's Facebook:

"The official website for ‘Remember the Time: Protecting Michael Jackson in His Final Days’ is now live. Visit rememberthetime-book.com to read Joe Vogel’s fantastic endorsement and pre-order your copy today."

Bill Whitfield ‏@MJBODYGUARDS 6 h.

Our new website for #RememberTheTime is now live! http://rememberthetime-book.com Check it out! @MJJCommunity @Jackson_Legacy @MichaelsDreamUK

Hounded by the tabloid media, driven from his self-made sanctuary at Neverland, Michael Jackson spent his final years moving from city to city, living with his three children in virtual seclusion—a futile attempt to escape a world that wouldn’t leave him alone.

During that time, two men served as the singer’s personal security team: Bill Whitfield, a former cop and veteran of the security profession, and Javon Beard, a brash, untested rookie, both single fathers themselves. Stationed at his side nearly 24/7, their job was to see and hear everything that transpired, and to keep everyone else out, making them the only two men who know what 60 million fans around the world still want to find out: What really happened to the King of Pop?

Driven by a desire to show the world who Michael Jackson truly was, Whitfield and Beard have produced the only definitive, first-person account of Michael Jackson’s last years: the extreme measures necessary to protect Jackson and his family, the simple moments of happiness they managed to share in a time of great stress, the special relationship Jackson shared with his fans, and the tragic events that culminated in the singer’s ill-fated comeback, This Is It. The truth is far more compelling than anything you’ve yet heard.

An indispensable piece of pop-culture history, Remember the Time: Protecting Michael Jackson in his Final Days is the story of a man struggling to live a normal life under extraordinary circumstances, the story of a father fighting to protect and provide for his children. Remember the Time is the book that dismantles the tabloid myths once and for all to give Michael Jackson back his humanity.

New book has 'poop' on Michael Jackson as former bodyguards pen tell-all detailing King of Pop's home life

Michael Jackson's former bodyguards have penned a tell-all on the oddball pop star, detailing how he sent them to pick up mystery women, disciplined his kids and suffered major money issues.

Confidenti@l got an advance galley of “Remember the Time: Protecting Michael Jackson in His Final Days,” written by the King of Pop’s former staffers Javon Beard and Bill Whitfield.

They reveal that Jackson’s son Prince, now 17, once got a dog as a present and didn’t clean up after it. Jackson moonwalked right into the dog’s poop, infuriating him. According to Beard, the Gloved One “chewed Prince out, big time.” Prince soon began following the dog with a broom and dustpan to make sure he wasn’t dumped on again.

The duo claim that during their employment, they picked up several women for their boss, including one with an Eastern European accent who was referred to only as “Friend.” They said she stayed at a nearby Hampton Inn, where Jackson would visit her at night after his kids went to sleep. The bodyguards describe the King of Pop’s gal pal as “drop-dead gorgeous,” standing about 5-feet-4 with a slender physique.
Another lady friend nicknamed “Flower” came a few days after “Friend” had left. It was Whitfield’s sense that Jackson was closer with “Friend” than he was with “Flower.” He says that when “Friend” came to town, it was a big deal. Jackson would even send his musclemen to buy presents from high-end shops like Tiffany in anticipation of her visit. According to the book, Jackson and “Friend” would hug and kiss while being driven around town.

Jackson’s money troubles are detailed throughout the book, with the bodyguards claiming they didn’t get paid on time and would go months without a paycheck.

Whitfield says Jackson once saw dolls in a shop and asked him if he was going to buy anything for his daughter. Whitfield replied that he couldn’t, because he hadn’t been paid.

According to Whitfield, Jackson nevertheless went on a $10,000 shopping spree that ended when his credit card was declined.

The authors claim that despite passages in the book that may reflect poorly on Jackson, they are not trying to embarrass their former boss. “It’s not a bitter tell-all,” says one industry insider of the duo’s goal in penning the book. “They were very fond of him and loved his kids, but they describe someone who was surrounded by thieving managers and assistants.”

The book will be published in June

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...w-book-poop-michael-jackson-article-1.1762344

I gotta love that Michael met his female companion at a Hampton Inn, but would buy her expensive presents. If this was Las Vegas, I'd be pissed that my boyfriend booked me at a Hampton Inn.

Poor Prince, according to these bodyguard's, made his father mad by not picking up dog poop. You would think it would come with the territory. Children need to be supervised in matters of responsibility, including taking care of a pet!

9154475_600x338.jpg

AliCat;3987068 said:
New book has 'poop' on Michael Jackson as former bodyguards pen tell-all detailing King of Pop's home life

Michael Jackson's former bodyguards have penned a tell-all on the oddball pop star, detailing how he sent them to pick up mystery women, disciplined his kids and suffered major money issues.

Confidenti@l got an advance galley of “Remember the Time: Protecting Michael Jackson in His Final Days,” written by the King of Pop’s former staffers Javon Beard and Bill Whitfield.

They reveal that Jackson’s son Prince, now 17, once got a dog as a present and didn’t clean up after it. Jackson moonwalked right into the dog’s poop, infuriating him. According to Beard, the Gloved One “chewed Prince out, big time.” Prince soon began following the dog with a broom and dustpan to make sure he wasn’t dumped on again.

The duo claim that during their employment, they picked up several women for their boss, including one with an Eastern European accent who was referred to only as “Friend.” They said she stayed at a nearby Hampton Inn, where Jackson would visit her at night after his kids went to sleep. The bodyguards describe the King of Pop’s gal pal as “drop-dead gorgeous,” standing about 5-feet-4 with a slender physique.
Another lady friend nicknamed “Flower” came a few days after “Friend” had left. It was Whitfield’s sense that Jackson was closer with “Friend” than he was with “Flower.” He says that when “Friend” came to town, it was a big deal. Jackson would even send his musclemen to buy presents from high-end shops like Tiffany in anticipation of her visit. According to the book, Jackson and “Friend” would hug and kiss while being driven around town.

Jackson’s money troubles are detailed throughout the book, with the bodyguards claiming they didn’t get paid on time and would go months without a paycheck.

Whitfield says Jackson once saw dolls in a shop and asked him if he was going to buy anything for his daughter. Whitfield replied that he couldn’t, because he hadn’t been paid.

According to Whitfield, Jackson nevertheless went on a $10,000 shopping spree that ended when his credit card was declined.

The authors claim that despite passages in the book that may reflect poorly on Jackson, they are not trying to embarrass their former boss. “It’s not a bitter tell-all,” says one industry insider of the duo’s goal in penning the book. “They were very fond of him and loved his kids, but they describe someone who was surrounded by thieving managers and assistants.”

The book will be published in June

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...w-book-poop-michael-jackson-article-1.1762344

I gotta love that Michael met his female companion at a Hampton Inn, but would buy her expensive presents. If this was Las Vegas, I'd be pissed that my boyfriend booked me at a Hampton Inn.

Poor Prince, according to these bodyguard's, made his father mad by not picking up dog poop. You would think it would come with the territory. Children need to be supervised in matters of responsibility, including taking care of a pet!

9154475_600x338.jpg

I was kinda thinking that too honestly lolol. Dang, poor girl couldn't even get The W? Hamtpon Inn, I'm broke and I can usually do better than that lol. Maybe cuz it would be the last place people would go looking for him? I dunno. But still..... Hampton Inn Michael??? :doh:

UK-Media is picking this story up...

Michael Jackson's Bodyguards Reveal Singer's Alleged Romances
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/michael-j...ngers-alleged-romances-233453779.html#Dudq9nX

Michael Jackson reportedly had an Eastern European girlfriend.
The pop icons bodyguards Javon Beard and Bill Whitfield have made the revelations regarding Jackson's love life in a book about their time as the singer's closest aides.
In the book titled Remember the Time: Protecting Michael Jackson in His Final Days, the bodyguards describe the slender 5-feet-4 women known as 'Friend' as 'drop-dead gorgeous.'
They reveal that the Dirty Diana singer would hug and kiss her in the back of his chauffeur-driven car and visit her at night at a nearby Hampton Inn, after his kids went to bed.
The singer also allegedly had another female visitor nicknamed 'Flower.'
"Flower visited a few days after 'Friend' and while she and the pop star were close, Jackson was more fond of 'Friend," Whitfield claims.
The bodyguards said that they were responsible for making sure everything was ready for 'Friends' arrival whenever she came to town.
Revealing that the singer would often buy the town women gifts from Tiffany's, Beard and Whitfield also realised the extent of the singer's financial problems, claiming they witnessed Jackson splurge on a $10,000 shopping spree that ended when his credit card was declined.
The bodyguards maintain that in recounting the personal details of Jackson's life, it is not their intention to cause him or his family any embarrassment and were "very fond of him and loved his kids."
Michael Jackson died of acute Propofol intoxication on June 25, 2009, after suffering a cardiac arrest. He was 50.'Remember the Time' will be published in June.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
London, April 21 (ANI): Michael Jackson's former bodyguards have claimed that they regularly picked up girls for the late singer, breaking the image of the star who was assumed to be gay and even a paedophile.

According to guards Javon Beard and Bill Whitfield in a new book titled 'Remember The Time: Protecting Michael Jackson In His Final Days', a "drop-dead gorgeous" 5ft 4in Eastern European woman, dubbed "Friend," was spotted getting cozy with the King of Pop One while driving around Los Angeles while another nicknamed "Flower", was showered with extravagant gifts from Tiffany's and other top stores by him, the Daily Star reported.

A US publishing source added that the minders refused to cast any doubt on Jackson's role with children as he never acted out of sorts on their watch.

Virre;3987130 said:
I wonder why he would check her in at a hotel when the kids knew and spent a lot of time with the girlfriend he had. That is what Paris has said. Seem a bit strange. And I wonder why he felt he needed to have more than one girlfriend. Or maybe the flower woman was just hanging out with him. I wonder if they knew about each other? And maybe the girlfriend Paris talk about is a third woman.. haha.. It sounds so stupid it´s hard to believe anything of it. And the follower fans say something else. Poor Michael really.

What is the follower fan version?
I think the woman Paris was talking about was a different woman. The description she gave sounds different from the bodyguards plus these bodyguards left at some point so Michael could have dated someone else after they left. It doesn't sound like these women were around the kids when the one Paris talked about was.

Who knows what the real truth is really.
It doesn't really matter in the end, as long as Michael was happy.

What is the follower fan version?
I think the woman Paris was talking about was a different woman. The description she gave sounds different from the bodyguards plus these bodyguards left at some point so Michael could have dated someone else after they left. It doesn't sound like these women were around the kids when the one Paris talked about was.

Who knows what the real truth is really.
It doesn't really matter in the end, as long as Michael was happy.

Exactly.

The whole thing about the Hampton Inn, Michael never did anything without a reason- he was very meticulous that way- and I am sure there is a very good reason he chose a place like Hampton Inn over somewhere like.. I dunno... Caesar's Palace or something, lol. In my mind, what makes the most sense is that nobody would expect to find him there. And it worked, didn't it? Because nobody did know, and we're all sitting here now, shocked. "Really Michael? The Hampton Inn?" :giggle: (Edit: If this all really happened, that is.)

As for the number of girlfriends or whether or not they knew each other... honestly, I don't think that's really any of our damn business. In fact, I don't like the fact that Bill & Javon share this information, but I understand why they do, and I'm glad they don't spend much time talking about it, or divulge any personally identifiable information about either woman. So, whether he dated both women, or no women, or 25 women at the same time... again, that's none of our damn business. As long as Michael was happy, that is the only thing that matters, and it is my belief that he was.

Last edited:
Virre;3987130 said:
I wonder why he would check her in at a hotel when the kids knew and spent a lot of time with the girlfriend he had. That is what Paris has said. Seem a bit strange. And I wonder why he felt he needed to have more than one girlfriend. Or maybe the flower woman was just hanging out with him. I wonder if they knew about each other? And maybe the girlfriend Paris talk about is a third woman.. haha.. It sounds so stupid it´s hard to believe anything of it. And the follower fans say something else. Poor Michael really.

Seriously...... that's why I ain't believing any of it. :lol: And only buying books on his art.

the hampton Inn, you guys are to funny. he may have choose the hampton Inn because he didn't want anyone to recongnize him. It's actually a pretty smart move if you think about it.

Why not the Four Seasons? That's where Michael rented out the whole floor, during the Martin Bashir documentary. He seemed to have privacy there.

hqdefault.jpg

I'm still leaning towards this is an attempt to make Michael look heterosexual and not a child molester, Michael having this life where suddenly he is portrayed more like a manwhore, than the individual who I have immense respect for because of the way he conducts himself.

Besides...Rushka Bergman has a thick eastern European accent and she was around Michael in the last year's of his life, including being his stylist the month's before he died. It is plausible that she could be the woman with the eastern European accent the bodyguard's are alluding to as one of the mysterious women. I could almost imagine the Hampton Inn now. It would be cheaper to store the clothes there because of the privacy factor!

2aet57c.jpg

I wonder why he would check her in at a hotel when the kids knew and spent a lot of time with the girlfriend he had.

Maybe he wanted to wait to know the girl better before introducing her to his kids. To make sure she was the right one. I'm sure he didn't want to parade every girl he dated casually in front of the kids. He probably waited for the relationship to get serious.

And I wonder why he felt he needed to have more than one girlfriend. Or maybe the flower woman was just hanging out with him.

Well did the bodyguards say anything that would imply that Flower was more than a friend? Michael had a lot of secret friends too, not just girlfriends. Like Glenda, we didn't know of her before we heard the phone tapes, but she was just a friend, not a girlfriend.

And with Michael it's kinda hard to figure out if a woman is a friend or a girlfriend, cause he was such a gentleman that he treated every woman like a girlfriend, even old ladies. lol Hugging them, holding their hand, writing them poems, telling them they're pretty and telling them "I love you" every day. I would think he was trying to seduce me. :scratch: So... I'm gonna assume that "Friend" was his girlfriend cause he kissed her. But I'm gonna need more proof for Flower.

I have mixed feelings about this book. I wasn't going to get it when I first heard about it and then I decided to but now I am not sure. I want people to see Michael as a real person and see what a good person he was. I just feel uncomfortable reading about his financial problems and so on. It's like nothing is private of his life anymore. Everybody has their problems like with money, work or school etc. It's not that. I am not dismissing this book. I think I am going to wait after it comes out to see if I really want to get it or not. I just want to say I have no problem with anyone getting the book. I am just going with how I feel only.

Ah yeah wow ~My heart goes out to the Flower and to the Friend who had the chance to be close to Michael, When he died so sudden. The pain for them must have been so shockingly immense. I cannot imagine losing my *world* just like that. Wow. :huggy:

Kind of on the fence with Michael's bodyguards just putting that all out there though. That is a crushing invasion of privacy for both Michael and those ones who knew him personally and who might still be in deep amounts of pain.

AliCat;3987068 said:

If it is in print, it must be true! From the article I learned the following:

- Michael will not be responsible and pay his employees but, will send them out to buy expensive gifts for others. Of course this is when his credit is acceptable.

- Michael will not be bothered to pick out the gift but, will show up at a low-end hotel to meet the gift(s) recipient as per these bodyguards.

- Although they stated their job description was: “to see and hear everything that transpired, and to keep everyone else out….,” they do not reveal what happened in the low-end hotel room. Unfortunately, the tell-all does not tell all. They will allow the reader to decide if this is fact or fiction. If the reader chooses "fact," they are left to develop their own conclusions.

- Most humans step in dog excrement, Michael moonwalks into it. So much for humanizing him.

- They are “fond” of Michael but “love” his children. Those children they love are now left to decide if they will confirm or deny the numerous tales in the bodyguards' potentially profitable book. I hope those children ignore the book as well as the authors.

Last edited:
AliCat;3987182 said:
Why not the Four Seasons? That's where Michael rented out the whole floor, during the Martin Bashir documentary. He seemed to have privacy there.

I'm still leaning towards this is an attempt to make Michael look heterosexual and not a child molester, Michael having this life where suddenly he is portrayed more like a manwhore, than the individual who I have immense respect for because of the way he conducts himself.

Agreed. Michael had privacy in the Four Seasons as he did elsewhere. I will not suspend belief that this type of privacy was less than what he would have at a lower-end hotel.

For those who need Michael's heterosexuality confirmed by others - despite what Michael himself said - this story may seem acceptable. I believe they may ignore that this tale shows a lack of respect on Michael's part.

I cannot describe the bodyguards relationship with Michael however, I find they are doing their best to wound Michael's male pride when given the opportunity. Maybe it is done in retaliation if one believes this from another article:

Last edited:
I wonder if those MJ's love letters that where publicized a few years back were addressed to the Friend lady.

Hampton Inn hotels are great. Not sure why people are freaking out over Michael staying at one. XD Like others have said, people probably would not think to find him there, so it was a good move. His girlfriends were quite the lucky ones, IMO.

- Most humans step in dog excrement, Michael moonwalks into it. So much for humanizing him.

Maybe Michael just felt like moonwalking at that moment and it just happened that way? It could also just be the media embellishing things and those exact words aren't in the book.

I would like to know more about Michael going on a shopping spree even though he couldn't pay the bodyguards. Again, could just be the media twisting things, but I dunno how to feel about that if it's true. It makes Michael sound selfish but I don't see how he could be that way. :(

Last edited:
Not really selfish on the spending spree, but maybe just human in not wanting your kids to know how bad your money problems are. I'm not buying the book nothing new that if you were following things back then that you didn't hear in the media or after he died. I'll waiting for his kids to tell their story of life with their dad. or make their own documentary on their dads life.

about hampton inn

he was in rural Virginia. probably there wasn't more luxury hotel close to where he was staying

moonwalk comment is a snarky comment from the reviewer. so blame the reviewer for that. It's not in the book. In the book Michael steps into the dog poop when walking to his car.

Last edited:
very good point Ivy. and yes the "moonwalk" comment just them being snarky. the media uses the moonwalk comment to describe just about everything michael does.

According to the authors, Michael did step into dog excrement like all other humans. Forgive me if I do not believe Virginia U.S. only has lower-end hotels in the area Michael and his trusty bodyguards were in. Unless of course this is less romance and more professional.

I would like to know more about Michael going on a shopping spree even though he couldn't pay the bodyguards. Again, could just be the media twisting things, but I dunno how to feel about that if it's true. It makes Michael sound selfish but I don't see how he could be that way. :(

Amaya, this is the danger of such books: if it is in print and conforms to what one wants to believe about Michael, it must be true. How many readers who have read that article and will now purchase the book to see if Michael stepped in excrement or moonwalked into it?

If I may be so bold to ask: how does one decide what is fact or fiction? Why would it be selfish or untrue for Michael to go on a shopping spree after his bodyguard tells him he was not paid and could not buy a doll for his daughter? This is the same cad, according to these authors, who sent his unpaid employees to buy expensive gift(s) when he could not be bothered to do so for a woman one author felt he was closer to. This same woman did not know he was meeting another woman only a few days later. If Michael was as selfish as he is being portrayed by these authors, yes, he would be generally selfish.

Last edited:
Back