Book: Remember the Time: Protecting Michael Jackson in His Final Days / Review @pg8

Btw2, I thought Randy fired Bob Jones, and after that he started writing the book?

It's been a long ago I read Jones' testimony but IIRC he was fired when Michael learned he was writing a book, some time at the beginning of 2004. It might have been through Randy but that doesn't mean it was without Michael's consent. Michael did not like to personally confront people, so he often had other people deliver the message. And at the time I don't think he even knew it was gonna be a trashy book (and it probably turned more trash after Jones was fired), but just the fact he started to write a book about him was enough to fire him. Michael obviously did not appreciate employees to write books about him. Otherwise he would not have had them sign NDAs.

It's been a long ago I read Jones' testimony but IIRC he was fired when Michael learned he was writing a book, some time at the beginning of 2004. It might have been through Randy but that doesn't mean it was without Michael's consent. Michael did not like to personally confront people, so he often had other people deliver the message. And at the time I don't think he even knew it was gonna be a trashy book (and it probably turned more trash after Jones was fired), but just the fact he started to write a book about him was enough to fire him. Michael obviously did not appreciate employees to write books about him. Otherwise he would not have had them sign NDAs.

Didn't Randy fire Bob Jones in summer 2004, and the book came out in summer 2005?
Where did you find the info that MJ learned Bob was writing a book about him and got Randy to fire him?
I thought when MJ put Randy on charge of his money, he didn't pay Neverland employees, fired BJ and tried to sell MJ catalogue, all in the same period of time?

Bubs;3974440 said:
Where did you find the info that MJ learned Bob was writing a book about him and got Randy to fire him?

I didn't say that it was definitely so. I just said just because it was personally Randy who fired him it doesn't necessarily mean it was without Michael's consent. Of course, it could have been. Or not. We do not know. The point in the context of this thread is that I don't think Michael appreciated employees breaking NDAs and writing books about him. Or do you think he was OK with that? If so then why did he even get employees sign NDAs? One can support the book but it's undisputable that breaking NDAs is a morally questionable thing at the very least.

BTW, I looked my notes up about Jones' testimony and this is what was said in his testimony:

Bob Jones was in charge of public relations of Michael Jackson between 1987 and 2004. He was dismissed on June 9, 2004 in a letter written by Michael’s brother, Randy Jackson. He started to work on a book about Jackson entitled The Man Behind The Mask, with journalist, Stacy Brown as a co-writer in January, 2004, just about two months after Jackson’s arrest for the Arvizo case. When Jackson got wind of it, he fired him in the middle of 2004.

I didn't say that it was definitely so. I just said just because it was personally Randy who fired him it doesn't necessarily mean it was without Michael's consent. Of course, it could have been. Or not. We do not know. The point in the context of this thread is that I don't think Michael appreciated employees breaking NDAs and writing books about him. Or do you think he was OK with that? If so then why did he even get employees sign NDAs? One can support the book but it's undisputable that breaking NDAs is a morally questionable thing at the very least.

How do you know there bg's had NDA's? I read Bob Jones trial transcription and he said he didn't have one?
I was wondering that somebody in Michael's camp didn't do their job and hired some people without NDA's.
It doesn't make sense that bg's are writing a book, and I don't think they are going to make huge amount of money, so why would they even take a risk if the estate decides to sue them for breaking confidentiality agreement? There have been ex-employees of Michael's that have talked, thus by right Michael could have sued them but never did? Maybe not everybody signed agreement or maybe it is not in force after Michael's passing?

How many bodyguards (not these two but others) went to telly and gave an interviews about their time with Michael, many. How about their NDA's?
Kai Chase gave an interviews after Michael's passing, NDA should have in place.
Many musicians that worked with Michael have spoken their time with Michael, how about them. How about Karen fake? Where was her NDA, and if there was one, it didn't stop her yapping via various mediums? How about Rabbi Shmuck? He wrote a book about MJ personal thoughts, no NDA. How about all the past employees that Cry babe Sullivan interviewed to his book, no NDA stooping them either. Lastly how about CM's NDA, there was no such a thing in place, and HO did not stop him talking shite all over the place. If you remember the Cease & Desist letter the estate fired at CM? There were no mention of NDA and their hands were pretty much tied, otherwise they would have should him.

The list is endless, one way or the other seemingly these people who gives an interviews or writes books, one way or the other breaks their NDA (if there is one in place, or it is not valid after MJ's passing. I think it is up to individuals to see whether they support some book, and not support other.

Last edited:
I'm perfectly aware that a lot of people did not give a rat's a** about the NDAs they signed with MJ, but that does not make it right that they break it. There were people, like Bill Bray, Wayne Nagin etc. who always respected it. Imagine the book Bill could have written about Michael as someone who was with him since he was a child. But he never did. Most people probably didn't respect it because no one was ever sued for breaking an NDA by Michael, but just because Michael was not lawsuit-happy it does not make their breaking of it morally OK. Or let's assume the BGs did not have a NDA (although that's hard to imagine to me) - but it's still morally questionable that they write a book about the private life of one of their clients. I know that if I was to employ bodyguards I would never employ these, after seeing them writing a book about the private matters of a former client.
Like I said I'm not telling people not to buy the book, but at least the questionable aspects of it should be acknowledged and not denied and defended.

Last edited:
FYI - They did not have a NDA.

As for the rest, don't you think it's better to wait for the book release and have a better idea before you determine how much of the private life is disclosed and/or if this was problematic?

To put this into perspective let me ask you this: How do you define what is private? Is going to a mall - which is by definition a public place - as private? So if everything private for you or do you differentiate among stuff?

or another example: Chris Tucker talked and talks about public places he went with Michael and the reactions of people extensively. Bodyguards talk about similar public outings as well. Did you think what Christ did okay? Was it disclosing private life or not?

All I'm trying to say is not everything is clear cut and perhaps more information is needed before coming to conclusions.

and how many times we woo over the interview with someone who worked with MJ and she/he is telling lovely or cute story of MJ, never thinking that the person telling that might broke his/her NDA? To me this case seems to be same, the only difference is that these bg's put their story between the covers, whereas others gets paid per interview, same difference. I'm not trying to tell to buy this book, but put it in perspective.

Respect, you wrote this:
"it's still morally questionable that they write a book about the private life of one of their clients"

How do you feel when you see footage of Neverland from Larry Nimmer and hear little cute stories of Michael? Do you still feel it is morally wrong?
Again, there is a difference what is right and wrong. Rabbi Shmuck's book just plain wrong, but this book might be right, imo.

Ivy, how do you know they didn't have NDA? I was wondering because when MJ was here in Ireland, the electrician who did some work for him while staying in Grouse Lodge, signed one? seemingly some people had one, and some people didn't.

Last edited:
^ Ivy, it was in your own summary of the book that they talk about MJ dating and kissing certain women and also about finances. Those are private matters, for example. I think conversations between Michael and his children or even the conversations between him and his bodyguards are private, they weren't meant for the public.

Again, I'm not saying do not buy this book, or that it's horrible. It isn't. But there are morally questionable aspects of it and it shouldn't be denied.

Respect, you wrote this:
"it's still morally questionable that they write a book about the private life of one of their clients"

How do you feel when you see footage of Neverland from Larry Nimmer and hear little cute stories of Michael? Do you still feel it is morally wrong?
Again, there is a difference what is right and wrong. Rabbi Shmuck's book just plain wrong, but this book might be right, imo.

And where do we draw the line between right and wrong?

If a book is positve but discloses private info that MJ probably would not want to be out there, is that totally right then? Idk. I'm conflicted about it. I get the idea behind putting out positive info about the person MJ to balance out the crap that is out there, so maybe that makes it right or OK at the end of the day. But I do feel conflicted about it and it does feel sometimes like an invasion of his privacy.

And where do we draw the line between right and wrong?

If a book is positve but discloses private info that MJ probably would not want to be out there, is that totally right then? Idk. I'm conflicted about it. I get the idea behind putting out positive info about the person MJ to balance out the crap that is out there, so maybe that makes it right or OK at the end of the day. But I do feel conflicted about it and it does feel sometimes like an invasion of his privacy.

Very understandable how you feel. I do know where to draw the line, but it is only my opinion and my line, your opinion and your line is not necessary the same. I guess we all have to justify our reason to ourselves, and if motive of releasing book of MJ is ok by my coincidence, I'll buy it. I personally cannot make these bg's to appear as they are disclosing private info about the kids, when I loved to read Kai Chase stories of how MJ and his kids interacted in daily bases. About disclosing MJ money issues, isn't that kinds of known for long time, and there have been all sort of stories of it? At least this info comes straight from the people who was there, and not someone who makes up stories. Note that Zack's book is out in a few months time, so Michael's money issues will be talked again.

In order to have complete respect on Michael's privacy, every single person out there must refine speaking of him or writing a book about him. That is not going to happen, not now not ever. There are tons of books written about Elvis, and the same about The Beatles, and I'm expecting Michael to join the croup.
We cannot stop all these crap books from seeing the light of the day, at least people have a choice which ones to support.

But there are morally questionable aspects of it and it shouldn't be denied.

First of all what is morally questionable depends on the person. Secondly if we want to find moral issues or problems, we can find that almost about anything. For example one can argue that MJ's friends like Chris Tucker or Frank Cascio is betraying his trust by telling their private interactions with him. One can argue people like Michael Bush, Karen Faye, Brad Sundberg, Kai Chase, Raymone Bain and so on who happen to work and paid by Michael are breaking employee-employer relationship. Again if the goal is find an issue with something, it's easy. I can come up with a lot of morally questionable aspects.

I personally consider the content. For example in my mind there's nothing wrong with Chris Tucker telling about going to movies with Michael, similarly I have no issues with bodyguards or other people talking about similar stuff. I actually think such stories are harmless and priceless. Sometimes they are also beneficial because they humanize Michael and debunk that weird perceptions about Michael. So to me again the content, the nature and the level of disclosed information matters. For some other person they could be "everything is private, don't tell anything". It's everyone's own choice.

As to "dating and kissing women" part as I mentioned before as an answer to other people, I think you are all making making a mountain out of a molehill. As I mentioned it's like 3 pages out of 330 and there aren't any specifics really. I'm also not sure what is the issue with the basic knowledge of beautiful women visiting Michael? Honestly I'm tired with all that asexual, virgin, gay or worse molester things said about Michael, so I fail to see the harm in someone (not only bodyguards but other people as well) saying he was attracted to women.

As for finances I was clear that I prefer they weren't in the book and perhaps that was a selfish approach from me as I wanted the book just be those fun little stories but they were a part of MJ's life. If you get the book you'll also see they don't necessarily have too much specifics either. And whether they are private or not is up to debate. What I mean is MJ's catalog debts were mentioned in great detail in 2006 Prescient lawsuit, Neverland foreclosure was also public knowledge in 2008. After his death other debt issues - such as Hayvenhurst mortgage, people not being paid, personal debts etc have become public knowledge. We post Estate accounting which happens to be public record as well. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that's not really private either. Or in other words bodyguards aren't really telling us something we did not know. and believe me I can probably provide a lot more specifics about MJ's finances by using public documents than bodyguards included in their book.

as for "even the conversations between him and his bodyguards are private, they weren't meant for the public", I hope you realize that it applies to everyone. all of the other people I mentioned at the start of the post. For example when MJ talked with Chris Tucker wasn't that a private convo between two that wasn't meant for public? or do you think Michael went "I allow you to talk about this on talk shows Chris?" Who knows if Michael would be okay with Aaron Paul telling about how they got drunk?

so that brings me back to the point we started. If the goal is to find morally questionable stuff, I can come up with something that would apply to anyone ever talked about Michael.

Bodyguards do not need to sign confidentiality agreements that I am aware of. To have Michael Jackson as a client, they most likely came to the position via individual and/or company referrals. This means they may have done a very good job with another client, i.e., protecting the client, making them feel safe, AND not sharing the private life they were privy too.

These bodyguards did work for other celebrities and did not divulge their private life; only this client and worst, private moments that included the client’s children. The publishing of this book and their interviews do NOT show loyalty to the client. They are not respected by others in their profession because of that. They are not Michael’s (or his children’s) friend and should not be confused to be; they were his employees and were given sensitive positions by Michael because he most likely felt they could be trusted and depended on. We now know that was foolish of him.

Unfortunately, it becomes acceptable because very few respect Michael’s wish for privacy. He wrote Moonwalk and unfortunately, it did not include enough intimate details for readers and others in the public. This is why there are countless articles and books by authors who barely knew him and those who did know him for whatever length of time that speculate about Michael’s personal life. This happened while he was alive and it continues after his passing. Michael himself said he was heterosexual and that should be enough. Unfortunately it seems proof is needed by some - whether fact or fiction - which unfortunately include his fans.

No purchase of books regarding Michael will sway public opinion about him to the positive or negative. It did not happen during his lifetime and it will not happen now.

^^Are some of those agreements invalid after death of the person? I remember on the radio show that Jones said the maid could not wait to get off the phone with her so she could call some media person and mentioned something about Michael having died and she was not bound by the agreement any more. Those are not the exact words, by the way.

Bodyguards do not need to sign confidentiality agreements that I am aware of.

There's no standard rule. They say they didn't sign NDAs while some other people did.

These bodyguards did work for other celebrities . They are not respected by others in their profession because of that.

Javon did not work for any celebrity and/or famous person. And when was this security convention that others in their profession was polled about what they think? If you are meaning Mike Garcia, do you know that he provided info to Karen Moriatry's book? He went on to Nancy Grace show and he's schedule to go on to King Jordan blogtalk show - on his own , after he left the other bodyguards. How is that any different?

Are some of those agreements invalid after death of the person?

yes it depends. some of them ends with the death of the person, some of them survives.

---------------------------------------------

Final note about this topic: They actually have a introduction section in which they address all of the concerns previously mentioned. Read at least that section to make a fair determination. I'll just say that they state their purpose is to set the record straight and wanting the world to know what a good man MJ was. They also mention they tried to find a balance between honestly and their obligation of secrecy.

ps : they also write that they are protecting the names of the private individuals.

A basic Google search will show you these bodyguards had celebrity clients. Also, occupational discussion boards that include this profession do not see their actions as favorable. You finding a bodyguard who approves of this would be the equivalent of a doctor who approves of Murray's interviews about the patient he killed. Happy searching!

Did you believe that the exclusion of Garcia as author and his exclusion from any potential profit from this book excluded his past experiences from the book or its promotion as well? It did not.

I will maintain bodyguards do not sign such agreements as they are referred when the client is at Michael's stature.

Last edited:
A basic Google search will show you these bodyguards had celebrity clients.

Bill did, Javon did not. they provide detailed background information about the bodyguards. Javon's experience was handling security for a company. Michael was his first famous , rich, celebrity client. I'm not obsessed or motivated enough to google what he does now. If he and Bill still works as a bodyguard and have celebrity clients, it would demonstrate that their clients after Michael did not share the privacy concerns you have.

Also, occupational discussion boards that include this profession do not see their actions as favorable. Happy searching!

If one day you finally start to reference your claims by providing links, I might read them. Until then I would consider this as an unconfirmed rumor. Or as Whitney Houston said it "show me the receipts"

Did you believe that the exclusion of Garcia as author and his exclusion from any potential profit from this book excluded his past experiences from the book or its promotion as well? It did not.

huh? what are you talking about? I was simply saying if you refer to Garcia, he's not keeping silent about Michael's privacy either. He's talking at other mediums.

I will maintain bodyguards do not sign such agreements as they are referred when the client is at Michael's stature.

Fine you maintain that but also know that Tohme apparently made everyone including bodyguards to sign confidentiality agreements even at times retroactively. It doesn't look like there's no set standards in this regard. And some more

How to hire a bodyguard - Have every candidate sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement - http://www.wikihow.com/Hire-a-Bodyguard

Mary Gill a celebrity Bg - Most bodyguards have to sign non-disclosure contracts - http://www.epwomen.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14&Itemid=6

Bodyguard principles - under acceptable behavior non disclosure agreements - http://books.google.com/books?id=NO...=onepage&q=bodyguard "non disclosure"&f=false

the easy to copy to paste google links disagree with you. so I would keep maintaining no set standards in regards to bodyguards and NDAs.

----------------------------------

Is possible to go back to discussing the book by saying don't buy it if you don't like it, buy it if you like it.

I simply don't see them spilling or dissecting all MJ's secrets or personal business in this book. It's impossible and it's not reality.I will say, I will welcome any book that will give us the human side and real portrayal of MJ versus a trashy book full of tabloids, fables, folklore and lies. We certainly won't be able to stop that type of rubbish from occuring. We havent seen the last of so called old "friends" and old fake friends now turned media whores, using the media and writen print to slander MJ or make a career by selling embellished garbage. His old bodyguards seem to be providing information about MJ that the public would not other wise know. I hope they are more visable and will be given air time to share their stories on GMA and other media outlets. We can't stop the bad, why would we try and stop the good as well? I will support this book and I'm looking forward to reading it.

Read the below from Amazon and note the word worked is past tense. Feel free to find receipts on which bodyguard (including Garcia) worked with the celebrities below and IF they are working with celebrities now who are fine with their sharing their secrets after they pass for monies. Again, Garcia’s experiences are included in this book even though he is not listed as an author and will not share in any potential profits. Surely you understand that now.

About the Author
Experts in the field of private protection, Bill Whitfield and Javon Beard served for two and a half years as the personal security team for Michael Jackson and have worked with numerous other high-profile clients, including Sean "P. Diddy" Combs, Alicia Keys, and Shaquille O'Neal.

It is common sense that bodyguards would NOT support these bodyguards’ actions as it goes against their protocols. Again, find a bodyguard that accepts these bodyguards’ interviews and pending book release. Again, I will not hold my breath.

You want to prove bodyguards sign confidentiality agreements? Any particular reason why? You posted these three did not sign one when other members were unsure if they did. What Tohme may have done and what OTHER employers do are different things. It does not change the FACT that these bodyguards did not sign one and have betrayed their client and worse his children by divulging private matters which goes against their protocol. Did any of those links explain WHY some may prefer to have a bodyguard sign a confidentiality agreement?

The message boards exist for this profession. Anyone reviewing them may learn something because it is interesting that someone other than Michael Jackson fans are discussing this book for other reasons than cute stories about Michael and his children.

Last edited:
Tygger;3974625 said:
Read the below from Amazon and note the word worked is past tense. Feel free to find receipts on which bodyguard (including Garcia) worked with the celebrities below

It's Bill, his work history dating back to protecting Motown artists have been explained in the book - way longer than 3 lines btw. Javon did not work with any famous person / celebrity before Michael. So the receipts are in the book so no need to hold any breath. I told you the same thing 3 times by now. And the whole point was it wasn't "they", it was "Bill". What you state can still apply but not to both. there's no need to be this much defensive about a simple thing.

Again, find a bodyguard that accepts these bodyguards’ interviews and pending book release.

nice attempt to deflect.

You want to prove bodyguards sign confidentiality agreements?

It was about opinions versus facts. All I was trying to say there's no set standard in that regard. These ones did not, others might be.

These bodyguard's sound like a couple of loud mouths. Case in point -
MJ'S BODYGUARDS SAY HE WOULDNT HAVE WANTED CONRAD MURRAY ON TRIAL

In other news, two of Michael Jackson's former bodyguards have revealed that Michael would not have wanted his friend Dr. Conrad Murray to be on trial. According to ABC News, Javon Beard and Bill Whitfield said that other doctors provided Michael with powerful prescriptions drugs and -- not just Conrad Murray.

Beard said, "We know if he was alive, he would not want Dr. Conrad Murray to be on trial. There's no way in hell that he wanted to kill Michael Jackson. Why would he kill his paycheck? The relationship that him and Mr. Conrad Murray had on our watch, they were more friends."

Whitfield added, "Seeing how only Dr. Murray is being pointed out, I look at the trial and see, you know, that courtroom would not be big enough to hold everyone in it that we feel would be accountable."

Beard and Whitfield both said they're convinced that someone other than Murray was medicating Jackson during the daytime to help him prepare for what was a demanding rehearsal schedule. Whitfield said, "Dr. Murray may have helped Mr. Jackson sleep. We certainly believe that there were certainly other doctors that helped him stay up. It's way bigger than Dr. Conrad Murray. That's no question in our minds."

http://www.971talk.com/entertainment-news/Story.aspx?ID=1567611
And how does one separate the fact from fiction of this classic illustration, when it comes to what the bodyguard's are writing in their book about Michael.

Coauthor Tanner Colby is the author of Belushi: A Biography and the New York Times and Los Angeles Times bestseller The Chris Farley Show: A Biography in Three Acts. He lives in Brooklyn, New York.

Tanner_Colby_450Px.jpg

The coauthor must've helped the bodyguard's on what would help to promote the book, as the coauthor has done other biographical books.

Ivy, Bill and Motown artists? Are you stating Amazon is incorrect by listing those celebrities as it is currently on their site now? Do you believe these bodyguards may be working for celebrities now ?

Again it is common sense that these bodyguards went against their protocol and other bodyguards are against that.. However; you are free to believe whatever you wish, albeit illogical and incorrect.

AliCat, that is not a cute tale. Most likely those types of comments did not see print in this book or were cleverly re-worded and disguised as these authors already learned the type of tale that is acceptable for some readers.

Last edited:
Yeah, Tygger, that's what I'm pointing out, too. This is not a cute story that the bodyguard's are trying to weave to make loads of money. They know exactly what they are doing, including hiring the coauthor, who has had experience in writing tell all biographies about other celebrities. Me thinks what will sell now is cute and the delightful whimsical!

card.jpg

5 years later....same old ****ery. Someone is always trying to milk his corpse

nothing new.

Please note: Members are not allowed to attack or insult our members (fans) for supporting or not supporting this book or any book.. Discuss the book and bodyguards. It's best to not bring mention of fans in this discussion, if you are going to go there with it. . You can state your own views on the book or bodyguards without attacking or insulting others. Any instance of that will be edited or deleted and addressed . That is not allowed on MJJC.

Another issue that needs addressed:
Whenever someone makes an assertion, followed by a request to prove them wrong, the conversation is a non-starter. It’s nonsense. When you make a claim, such as “this is or is not true,” then the onus is on you to prove your assertion. You hold the burden of proof. No one is under any obligation to believe you until you do so, nor do they need to prove you wrong. If you provided no evidence of your claim, Then You have provided nothing for anyone to disprove or except.

Now to keep peace on this board and to follow fair practices in debating.. we ask our members to not continue in this vein. Don't make an assertion and say others need to search or google the proof of your claim for you. If you don't want to provide your own proof or source link, then don't antagonize members to look up what you already say you have access to. If you have the evidence, links or source to prove your claim, then you provide it, otherwise conceed or at least stop continuing on with it when its considered a baseless assertion. . Its unfair and in some instances considered dishonest to debate in that manner and it causes nothing but strife and arguments in several threads. For that reason this practice will no longer be allowed on the board.

Thank you for your cooperation and as always if you have any questions or concerns PM Admin and do not derail the thread by replying or discussing moderation actions on your posts or moderation requests on the board.

I simply don't see them spilling or dissecting all MJ's secrets or personal business in this book. It's impossible and it's not reality.I will say, I will welcome any book that will give us the human side and real portrayal of MJ versus a trashy book full of tabloids, fables, folklore and lies. We certainly won't be able to stop that type of rubbish from occuring. We havent seen the last of so called old "friends" and old fake friends now turned media whores, using the media and writen print to slander MJ or make a career by selling embellished garbage. His old bodyguards seem to be providing information about MJ that the public would not other wise know. I hope they are more visable and will be given air time to share their stories on GMA and other media outlets. We can't stop the bad, why would we try and stop the good as well? I will support this book and I'm looking forward to reading it.

I so agree with you post especially the bolded parts.
I was reading one article about MJ and I only post a little snippet of it: Unpleasant Facts About Michael Jackson
Careless parent: MJ had a traumatic childhood and an abusive father. But, he himself was no better as he dangled his baby son from a balcony on the fourth storey of a building and is among unpleasant facts about Michael Jackson's life.

Firstly, this person is seriously disturbed who wrote that article.
Secondly, thank you Morinen (if the same morinen posts here) for reply to that article.
Thirdly, if bg's book can make even 1 ignorant person to think twice as whether Michael was a bad parent, then the book is worth of supporting.

I do hope they get media attention and speak how good father Michael was for his kids, and I do hope that media catches that bit of info from bg's book that Randy went to MJ house and tried to blackmail him, and not long ago he lied under the oath he was there for intervention.

When Michael was seen at Jesse Jackson’s birthday party in 2007, many fans were happy to see him. He looked handsome, healthy, and seemed jovial. It was only after Michael passed that this trio of bodyguards, under the guise of portraying Michael as a good man revealed Michael could not afford to be there and his friend Jesse Jackson paid the bills. Not surprisingly this story was never told by Michael or his friend Jesse as it was no one’s business but theirs.

I wonder what Michael did to offend the bodyguards that night which made them reveal that additional, unnecessary information. Maybe he looked too handsome and healthy and acted to jovial. I doubt that because jealousy does not need prompting. Only the jealous person can explain their reactions to their target. Michael had no control over that and Michael most likely suspected what and who he was dealing with as he was brilliant and dealt with so many betrayals. Only the jealous person would attempt to wound Michael’s pride for their own benefit/gain under the guise of portraying Michael as a good man. Michael proved himself to be a great man in word and deed. Only a coward would wait to do such when Michael cannot defend himself.

If you don't want to read or get the book then don't. It's not a problem it's whatever feels right for you. I never read or got Jermaine's and Frank's book about Michael. I don't think Michael would want them to write a book but they did it anyway too saying the same reasons for their books. Wanting to show Michael in a positive way.

There was a small book released sometime ago by Doc Barney. It is filled with short anecdotes about his friendship with Michael...funny, quirky, sometimes sad, talks about his parenting and is, imo, pretty terrific. If this book comes close to the tone, respect and loving nature of Barney's memories...I will probably love it just as much. I figure that quite enough has been written by people who never met and certainly had no clue who Michael really was as a human...being in this world. If you don't want to read it, hear it or invest your money in it...just don't.

We can't stop the bad, why would we try and stop the good as well? I will support this book and I'm looking forward to reading it.

^^Love this statement above. I also hope they get some airtime so they can reach a wider audience.
Ivy does access to media shows for promotion depend on the publisher & how much clout the publisher has? I noticed that some authors have more access to media outlets than others.

EPs did not support these bodyguards from the beginning. I believe the viewpoint has not changed since. I do not expect support from this professional community for this book.

I wonder what these bodyguards did with Michael's documents and if they have been returned to his estate.

Michael Jackson’s Bodyguards latest to tell-all
MARCH 10, 2010 BY HUCKY 36 COMMENTS
By Harlan (Hucky) Austin

Three of Michael Jackson’s Bodyguards hiding behind a shroud of decency, claiming that their intentions are noble, Michael Jackson’s bodyguards are the latest to tell-all on their celebrity principals. In an interview with Good Morning America three of Michael Jackson’s bodyguards spoke openly about his children, family routines, his parenting, and they even spoke about his sexuality in a veiled attempt to bring honor to the pop star’s tarnished reputation.

Showing little regard for the Jackson family’s reasonable expectation of privacy, Michael Jackson’s bodyguards eagerly offered an inside glimpse into the private life of one of the world’s most public figures and the children he trusted them to protect.

The public veneer of any celebrity is an image they struggle to maintain while the camera rolls, but when they step into the closed quarters of their vehicles or their private residences it is, or at least should be, their opportunity to be themselves, whoever that “self” might be.

Bodyguards are part of a public figure’s inner circle. Bodyguards are by the nature of their profession brought into this inner circle by either contractual or an implicit understanding that what goes on behind the scenes is a sacred trust that is not to be broken.

Breaking this sacred trust complicates the job for all bodyguards because it compromises the very security they are expected to provide and causes clients everywhere to question how secure their secret lives really are from the prying eyes of the public. It causes them to question how safe it is to be themselves in the presence of the ones they pay to protect not only their lives but their public image.

Regardless of how noble the intentions may be, this is a line that ought never be crossed......
http://www.bodyguardcareers.com/2010/03/10/michael-jacksons-bodyguards-latest-tell-all/

Last edited:
Back