Brandon Conway, the most MJ sounding guy ever IMO

SilkySnare

Proud Member
So today I heard about this guy Brandon Conway.
He went viral for his MJ impersonations. They are...impressive.

FB LINK

If only he would put more "oomph" into it. How can the guy sound exactly like the King and stay so cool while doing it??

He apparently also has his own songs

Eddie Cascio could've hired this guy for... you know...

So today I heard about this guy Brandon Conway.
He went viral for his MJ impersonations. They are...impressive.

FB LINK

If only he would put more "oomph" into it. How can the guy sound exactly like the King and stay so cool while doing it??

He apparently also has his own songs

Don't give the Estate any ideas.

Eh. It's heavily autotuned and it sounds no better than those fake songs on YT with impersonators singing them. He has a good voice, but it doesn't stand out.

This one's a better example. Yep, I changed my mind, he has a really good voice lol. I would love if producers gave unreleased songs that MJ never recorded to singers that have a similar voice, just as long as they don't try to sell them as MJ songs.

No impersonators sound similar to mj. The taxi driver has a lot of goat vibrato, Marcus Joseph sounds like he’s dying when hitting high notes (no offence to him, he has a great voice), Jason Malachi is not even close. This guy sounds different as well.

We all know Trapson is the chosen one.

For me, "Kamel from Montpellier" is the singer who sounds most like MJ:

Does anyone know more about him, because I also found this one old video of him.

For me, "Kamel from Montpellier" is the singer who sounds most like MJ:

Does anyone know more about him, because I also found this one old video of him.
wtf! now, this sounds like MJ

Yeah I knew before clicking it'd be this guy.

But I was hoping it'd be this guy:

Cause he actually sounds much closer. Though it's a wide gap still.
Yeah, Jeffrey is the one that gets closest. He's very hit and miss (for example, I think this 2 Bad clip is pretty good, but in the other one you posted I do not think he sounds like MJ), and not a very good singer overall (pitch issues, struggles with higher notes, etc), but he's the only one that has flashes where he comes very close.

For example, I think 1.39 to about 2.05 is quite strong:

In this one, he does the ad-libs quite well. Check 1.09-1.14, 1.29, and 1.45-1.52.

It's still just brief flashes, but he captures the actual timbre of his voice quite well there, whereas Conway just sounds like an MJ-inspired R&B singer to me.

Yeah, the technical aspect of his voice is what's much harder to capture, too many people think anyone singing in a high pitch voice sounds like MJ. In reality Brandon Conway, and most guys, sound more accurately like Tevin Campbell. Which is not a bad sound, just not MJ.

It does scratch the same itch for high pitch singing we love now. Some of us are more picky about where we scratch that itch though, now.

NONE of these people that you guys posted videos of sounds like MJ! :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
There's a difference between trying to sing in the same style as MJ and sounding like him. I don't think anyone in this thread does.

Back