Bravado sues Julian Rouas (Joe's partner)for MJ Perfumes / Update: Settlement Reached

Re: Bravado sues Julian Rouas (Joe's partner)for MJ Perfumes

Update

Rouas's lawyer had asked to be removed as counsel claiming that Rouas did not satisfy a condition in their fee agreement - meaning he wasn't paid. Judge approved the lawyer's motion to withdraw.

Corporate parties cannot represent themselves at court so Rouas is required to find a lawyer for "Julian Rouas Paris Inc." by April 13. Court will held a hearing 10 days later.

Update:

Rouas has found a new lawyer.

Rouas has filed a motion to dismiss the case or alternatively asked it to be moved to Nevada as Rouas's place of residence and place of business is Nevada.

In the court documents Rouas says

- he's a citizen of France
- he has been residing in Nevada for the last 2 to 3 years
- perfumes and packaging is done at France
- his primary place of business is the kiosk at the Fashion Mall in Nevada / Las Vegas
- he's in a difficult financial situation.

Disclaimer: This summary is the copyrighted property of MJJC. Copying / translating this material is ONLY permitted by REQUEST. Contact Ivy for permission.

Thanks ivy. so the kiosk is the buisness lol

Update:- his primary place of business is the kiosk at the Fashion Mall in Nevada / Las Vegas

Too funny! I mean, what happen to "the perfume will be sold at ALL major department stores and outlets."

I'm guessing when legitimate business folks hear the name JOSEPH JACKSON, they run in the opposite direction. LOL! Not surprising.

He is in financial difficulties? How could he have a money problems? His perfumes were supposed to be smash hit, according to Joe's website!
"Again , this will be a Smash Hit , as the bottle will have printed Michael Jackson features and will be the first ever in the Jackson familys life . Julian Rouas mentioned his excitement on this thrilling proyect , – I am extremelly happy and I will put the best of me to create an unbelievable scent that everybody will fall in love with."

Haha, they forgot that they cannot expose and use MJ likeness as they pleases, and now karma is going to bit his..........
:smoothcriminal:

Joe and his shenanigans are embarrassing

They never learn.

emoticons_487_0484.gif

But wait...STOP the presses!!! Didn't JOE claim HE could do what HE wanted with MJ's image, and his "lackey" Rouasas tried to back that up!? LOL. My, my, how the tides divide!! lol I hope this goes to trial, and it is allowed to be recorded, as it will make my day, to see him sniffling like the little snake he is!

So fun to see their business fail fail fail!

Strange how this perfume is starting to stink right now. lol

I really hope Rouas will end up having his a** whipped by the Estate. This guy disgusts me.

JOE JACKSONVegas Mall SABOTAGEDMy Perfume Business!!!

EXCLUSIVE
If you detect the odor of sour grapes ... mixed with the aroma of bitterness ... it's probably Joe Jackson ... who just CLOSED UP his perfume kiosk at a Vegas mall ... TMZ has learned.

MJ's father has officially shut down his shop at the Fashion Show Mall in Vegas ... and his perfume partner Julian Rouas Paris tells us ... it's because mall officials treated them like crap -- giving them the worst location and charging unfair rent.

But fear not scent-heads ... JJ has pressed on with his "Jackson Perfumes" ... and just opened up a NEW mall kiosk just 7 miles down the road at the Town Square Mall.

0430-joe-jackson-perfume-1.jpg

We're told papa Jackson is psyched about the new locale ... claiming it offers more foot traffic, a bigger space AND a California Pizza Kitchen -- SCORE!!

So far, no comment from the Fashion Show Mall.

http://www.tmz.com/page/2/#.T6EoabP2be4

Its probably very mean of me, but those articles cracked me up. Music royalty, huh? Right. Thats karma for you.

yeah that's Joe's karma.. he deserves to have this venture fail due to the fact he was trying to cash in on his son's death

Joe's got a lot to pay for. Being a crappy father and husband is one of them.

Bravado and Rouas will sit down for settlement discussion Settlement on September 27, 2012 at 1:30 p.m.

Bravado and Rouas will sit down for settlement discussion Settlement on September 27, 2012 at 1:30 p.m.

Every time I hear settlement I get nervous. I hope Bravado is not giving Rouas any money, or attempting to get the perfume and sell it themselves. If Joe couldn't sell it, then I guess the smell is not the best.

No Bravado doesn't give money to Rouas or anyone. Bravado files a handful cases every month and they tend to settle them without going to court most of the time. Generally their settlement consists of the party they sue stop the infringing activities.

^^Good, so we will see the end of the perfume man and his product.

Every time I hear settlement I get nervous. I hope Bravado is not giving Rouas any money, or attempting to get the perfume and sell it themselves. If Joe couldn't sell it, then I guess the smell is not the best.

I confess to trying some (indirectly via someone else) and the one I tried smelled like disinfectant / bathroom cleaner. It took ages for the smell to go away. (Not being nasty...just giving a truthful opinion). The Estate would be crazy to take over selling this stuff. I hope they have something much better up their sleeves. (They have already promised a perfume in the future I believe).

Myosotis^^ Oh yes, I forgot that they did mention a perfume will be coming some time in the future. Well bye bye Rouas. By the way how come Joe was not involved in this suit? Wasn't he a partner who went on to sell the perfume in Vegas after he knew litigation began?

http://www.jwjackson.com/2012/11/16...s-relations-with-designer-julian-rouas-paris/

Joe Jackson Ends Business Relations with Designer Julian Rouas
Friday, November 16, 2012, 14:30
Featured
Add a comment

Joseph-Jackson-Julian-Rouas.jpg

Joseph Jackson Ends Business Relations with Perfume Designer Julian Rouas …

Mr. Jackson confirmed today that after much due diligence and legal counsel he has effective today the 15th of November 2012 cancelled all collaboration with French designer Julian Rouas Paris, Inc as well as any affiliation with any of Mr Rouas’s companies.

“I will continue to preserve the legacy of my son with various fragrances, but these will be through a major leading global Cosmetic, Fragrance and beauty firm. Thousands of fans have been demanding the relaunch of my Son’s original perfume. The only perfume he personally co-created back in 1988. Michael sat through 7 hours to have a 3D hologram picture of his face taken that appeared on the final package. Having been given possession of the original 3D work, My legal counsel will now work very closely with the various participants (The original manufacturer owners of G.P.S Perfume S.A., Geneva, the Merchandising rights owners to my Son’s image and likeness etc) to get this wonderful hologram product approved and in stores globally by next year. As always I thank the fans for their feedback. ”

Future-release.jpg

Last edited:

Joe Jackson: I will continue to preserve the legacy of my son with various fragrances..

LMAO Joe that's just what your son's legacy needs :eek:k:

I wonder if Rouas will sue Joe for bailing out on the perfume deal. Or did the lawsuit filed by Bravado cancel out any deal they made?

I certainly hope not. This is even more distrubing to me than him endorsing the last perfumes. This is Michael's original released perfume .... JUST NO _ I hope Estate can stop this also.

Having been given possession of the original 3D work, My legal counsel will now work very closely with the various participants (The original manufacturer owners of G.P.S Perfume S.A., Geneva, the Merchandising rights owners to my Son’s image and likeness etc) to get this wonderful hologram product approved and in stores globally by next year. As always I thank the fans for their feedback.

If bravado sued rouas then they should sue joe if he tries to do this relaunch.nothing but damage control

I just checked Bravado - Rouas lawsuit. There has been a settlement. So that explains why Joe ended his relationship with Rouas. It's probably because Rouas got shut down.

Case No. 2:11-CV-4859 JAK (JEMx) Date November 8, 2012
Title Bravado International Group Merchandising Services Inc -vs- Julian Rouas et al

A Settlement Conference is held in chambers. Parties reach a settlement agreement. The case is
dismissed without prejudice to the terms of the agreement. The Court will retain jurisdiction to enforce
the terms of the settlement. The terms of the settlement shall remain underseal. Plaintiff shall submit a
proposed order with injunction along with a proposed order of dismissal without prejudice by
January 7, 2012.

The December 27, 2012 motion for summary judgment, January 22, 2013 final pretrial
conference, January 22, 2013 exhibit conference and February 5, 2013 jury trial are taken off calendar.
IT IS SO ORDERED.

Back