Brooke Shields Speech [MERGED]

Re: Brooke Shields speech

Ok, here is part of your request WBSS

You can watch this in larger view as well as download the original (not in flash as shown in online view) HERE

I'll get working on Marlon's speech.

Last edited:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0907/07/cnr.07.html

BROOKE SHIELDS SPEECH

BROOKE SHIELDS, ACTRESS: Michael was one of a kind. Thinking back to when we met and the many times that we spent together and whenever we were out together and there would be a picture taken, there would be a caption of some kind. And the caption usually said something like, "an odd couple" or "an unlikely pair." But, to us, it was the most natural and easiest of friendships. I was 13 when we met. And from that day on, our friendship grew. Michael always knew that he could count on me to support him or be his date, and that we would have fun no matter where we were.

We had a bond, and maybe it was because we both understood what it was like to be in the spotlight from a very, very young age. I used to tease him, and I'd say, you know, "I started when I was 11 months old. You're a slacker. You were what, 5?". Both of us needed to be adults very early. But when we were together, we were two little kids having fun.

We never collaborated together. We never performed together. Or danced on the same stage. Although, he did try in vain one night to unsuccessfully teach me the moonwalk. And he just basically just shook his head and crossed his arms at my attempt. We never filmed a video or recorded a song, but what we did do was laugh. It was a competition to see who could make the other one laugh more or be sillier. Michael loved to laugh, and his heart would just burst out of him when he was laughing. He adored it when I did silly imitations or told him stories about my life.

M.J.'s laugh was the sweetest and purest laugh of anyone's I had ever known. His sense of humor was delightful, and he was very mischievous. I remember the night before Elizabeth Taylor's wedding and he had called me prior and asked if I would join him. He didn't want to be alone for all the festivities. It was the night before the big day.

Michael and I tried to sneak in to get the first peek of the dress. We were just giggling like crazy, and we almost passed out in his hysterics when we realized that Elizabeth was actually asleep in the bed. We thought she was in an entirely different room. We had to laugh and sneak out. Then, at the point of the wedding when there was the first dance, basically, we had to joke that we were the mother and father of the bride.

Yes, it may have seemed very odd to be outside, but we made it fun and we made it real. When he started wearing the glove, I was like, "What's up with the glove?". I'm like, "Look, if you are going to hold my hand, it better be the non-gloved one because sequins really hurt me." He used to shake his head and he would just smile. He loved to be teased. Seeing him smile made you feel like everything was going to be all right.

To the outside world, Michael was a genius with unchallenged ability. To the people who were lucky enough to know him personally, he was caring and funny, honest, pure, non-jaded and he was a lover of life. He cared so deeply for his family. And his friends. And his fans.

(APPLAUSE)

He was often referred to as the King, but the Michael that I knew always reminded me more of the little prince. thinking of him now, I would like to share a passage from the book. "What moves me so deeply about this sleeping prince is his loyalty to a flower. The image of a rose shining within him like the flame within a lamp, even when he is asleep. And I realized he was even more fragile than I had thought. Lamps must be protected. A gust of wind can blow them out."

Michael's sensitivity was even more extraordinary than his talent, and his true truth resided in his heart. As the little prince also said, "Eyes are blind. You have to look with the heart. What's most important is invisible." Michael saw everything with his heart. To his family, his brothers and sisters, Katherine, Joe, and to his children, Prince, Paris, Blanket, my prayers are with you.

Michael's favorite song was not one of the countless masterpieces that he gave us but it was a song that Charlie Chaplin wrote for the movie "Modern Times." It's called "Smile." There is a line in the song that says, "Smile though your heart is aching. Today, although our hearts are aching." We need to look up where he is undoubtedly perched in a crescent moon, and we need to smile.

MARLON SPEECH

MARLON JACKSON, MICHAEL JACKSON'S BROTHER: I hurt. I stand -- I stand here trying to find words of comfort and solace, trying to understand why the Lord has taken our brother to return home from such a short visit here on Earth.

Michael, when you left us, a part of me went with you. And a part of you will live forever within me, but also a part of you will live forever within all of us.

Michael, I will treasure the good times, the fun we had, singing, dancing, laughing. I can remember when we used to come home from school and we would grab a quick bite to eat and we tried to watch the "Three Stooges" as much of it as possible before mother would come in and say, it's time to go to the recording studio.

I also, Michael, remember a time when I went into the record store and there was this man purchasing a lot of C.D.s. And he would go and grab another batch of C.D.s. He was an older gentleman. He had short afro, but crooked teeth, and his clothes were rumpled. I walked up behind him and said, "Michael, what are you doing in this store?"

(LAUGHTER)

MARLON JACKSON: He turned to me and said, "Marlon, how did you know it was me?" I told him, "You're my brother. I can spot you anywhere, regardless of your makeup. I know your walk. I know your body language. And those shoes did not help."

(LAUGHTER)

MARLON JACKSON: Michael wore the same shoes wherever we went. But I guess that was his way of trying to experience what we take for granted. We would never, never understand what he endured, not being able to walk across the street without a crowd gathering around him. Being judged, ridiculed, how much pain can one take.

Maybe now, Michael, they will leave you alone.

(APPLAUSE)

MARLON JACKSON: Michael, Michael was the voice of our angelic trumpets, and he will continue to be the voice, that angelic voice in heaven, nearest to our Creator and waiting on us when our day comes to pass. Michael, I love you. I will miss when we said our goodbyes. I will hug you and I say I love you. And your response was, "I love you more."

You know, the Lord has a purpose for everything. And sometimes we just can't see it or understand it but it will be made clear to us when we reach that ultimate, ultimate reward of being in his presence. And, Michael, you are there. You are right there. You have finished your work here on earth. And the Lord has called for you to come home with him.

So I thank you, Michael. I thank you for all the smiles that you've placed in many people's hearts and I thank you for everything that you've done for others across this globe in the Lord's name. And I have one request, Michael -- one request. I would like for you to give our brother, my twin brother, Brandon, a hug for me. I love you, Michael. I'll miss you.

Nicole, nice to see you again. Lots of us were concerned about you. I haven't been around since MJJF and when I came here with the recent events, I thought I'd see you peek out, but didn't. Glad to know you're ok. Hang in there, sweetie!

nelsielou (aka music&me from mjjf days)

Here is Marlon's speech - you can view this video bit on line in FLASH but you can also download the originial (in avi format) HERE

Also, listen closely to after when Marlon say's "Thank you, now Janet want's to say something"

Janet whispers something and you can hear it if you turn it up loud.

I just love her all the more for that...

I love the entire Jackson family so much.

"We need to look up where he is undoubtedly perched in a crescent moon, and we need to smile."

Somebody told me that when Brooke Shields said this, she was hinting that MJ was a Muslim when he died. Is this true? Or was she referring to Neverland? Can anyone tell me what the logo on Neverland looks like? Thanks and God bless.

She was great and very sweet. Thank you Brooke for sharing that with the world. It really meant a lot to all of us.

"We need to look up where he is undoubtedly perched in a crescent moon, and we need to smile."

Somebody told me that when Brooke Shields said this, she was hinting that MJ was a Muslim when he died. Is this true? Or was she referring to Neverland? Can anyone tell me what the logo on Neverland looks like? Thanks and God bless.

There is a neverland logo with a little boy sitting in a cresent moon, I think that's what she was refering to.

Back