Chicago 1945

we should get the track soon but I just want the raw demo im not interested in a Timbaland remix!

If we get Chicago 1945 the only version we'll be getting is the 1983 version, Steve Porcaro has the rights to the song and it's the version he wants released.
oh! so we will get it this year? on thriller 40th anniversary? 0_0

oh! so we will get it this year? on thriller 40th anniversary? 0_0
We won't know until the tracklist is announced. Porcaro wants the song to be released in an anniversary album so it's up to the Estate at this point.

is there any information when tracklist will be announced?
Bad 25's tracklist was announced in early august 2012, five weeks before its release. If they do the same way it should be between september or october.

I wonder if the Estate would change the name of Chicago 1945 to Chicago Night.

Isn't the name "Chicago Nights" somewhere in the movie Moonwalker? It was also thought to be the song's alternative title.

no. i think Chicago 45 - is the best name for this song) i think they can even cut it and call it just "Chicago'45" It could be a reference to the Club 30 from MJ game 😅

When I was a kid I thought 2bad was a sequel for bad. It puzzled me though, a sequel to a song?
You know, sometimes i imagine that Smooth Criminal is a grandfather, Al Capone is a great-grandfather, Unbreakable is Dad and Blue Gangsta is a son

I'd love Chicago 1945 released but Thriller 40 is not the place for it, it had nothing to do with it.

A few tracks that are completed that would be great to have released:
- Chicago 1945
- Throwing Your life Away
- Faces (without Mandela's voice that was never recorded)

I'd love Chicago 1945 released but Thriller 40 is not the place for it, it had nothing to do with it.

A few tracks that are completed that would be great to have released:
- Chicago 1945
- Throwing Your life Away
- Faces (without Mandela's voice that was never recorded)
Faces doesn’t have a vocal melody. It’s just Michael speaking over the beat.

Faces doesn’t have a vocal melody. It’s just Michael speaking over the beat.
In the most recent 'In the Studio' it was described as "the complete spoken word was recorded" a multi minute track of MJ speaking and chants.. The day they (not MJ) were planning to fly to Africa to record Mandela, he canceled.

Has anyone said it was intended to have a vocal melody aside from the chant sounds that was recorded?

Last edited:
In the most recent 'In the Studio' it was described as "the complete spoken word was recorded" a multi minute track of MJ speaking and chants.. The day they (not MJ) were planning to fly to Africa to record Mandela, he canceled.

Has anyone said it was intended to have a vocal melody aside from the chant sounds that was recorded?

As far as I know it was always just going to be spoken word

The problem is, if it's one of the best songs left you don't want to release it to little fanfare and depending on the scale of the project that's what Thriller 40 might be.

I hope they release it but only if they let Steve Porcaro finish it, he knew what Michael wanted to do with it musically

The problem is, if it's one of the best songs left you don't want to release it to little fanfare and depending on the scale of the project that's what Thriller 40 might be.

I hope they release it but only if they let Steve Porcaro finish it, he knew what Michael wanted to do with it musically

Exactly why you would release it as a single before Thriller 40 was put out.

imo this song lacks strings!

Wondering whether Steve had access to the vault at all or if his mix is made from his own copies of tapes/reels (dated to the 1980s).

Back