Chris Brown Paid Homage to Michael Jackson on The Today Show

claudiadoina

Proud Member
(ThyBlackMan.com) Chris Brown at NBC morning show performance in front of record crowd…

RnB star Chris Brown ignited Midtown Manhattan today (July 15) when he performed as the featured artist on The Today Show Summer Concert Series. Serving the crowd with his hits “Yeah 3X,” “Forever” and “She Ain’t You,” Chris Brown dazzled spectators with his fierce moves and shiny gear.

Paying homage to the late-great Michael Jackson, Chris Brown sported sparkling gold gloves, a pink bow tie, black slacks, and a black vest with matching gold embroidery. Contorting his body with precision and electrifying intensity, he proved that not only can he mirror the fashion of the King of Pop, but he can move like him too.

Brown ended his performance with a tap-influenced dance segment as he moved to the rhythms of “I Can Transform Ya,” “Kush” and “Teach Me How to Dougie.” Chris Brown then showed the crowd his Cat Daddy dance moves and hit them with his Dougie, before expressed his love for the Big Apple and exited the stage.

ChrisBrown-300x168.jpg

http://thyblackman.com/2011/07/15/chris-brown-record-crowd-nbc-today-show/comment-page-1/

Not feeling well this saturday so i am watching video of michael. Started with HIStory in Bucharest Sept 14 1996 and just finished Gothenburg,Sweden Aug 16 1997. After watching Chris Brown's Today show performance I am guessing Chris has watched a lot of Michael too!!
Absolutely nothing wrong with that. MJ is the greatest of them all.

Ahhhh^^I see you are missing Michael dearly. Keep Your Head Up.

I think it's very nice of him to keep on remembering/tributing Michael:happy:

I hope he will never stop remembering/tributing Michael.
Him and Usher, and Jason Derulo, Ne Yo, ALL of them.I would hate to see in the future the new generation thinking that they invented those moves, the hat, the sunglasses not Michael.

At least they admit Michael's major influence not like Justin Timberlake whom I never heard admitting this, although it's so obvious.

aww, cute! I love that people still pay their respect, as long is it's done right.

At least they admit Michael's major influence not like Justin Timberlake whom I never heard admitting this, although it's so obvious.

Justin said back in the day that the hat and his whole style was influenced by Fred Astaire. Fair enough, but it was ignorant of Justin to say that when he knows that Michael TOO found some of his look in Fred A. I like some of Timberlake's song, but he is a fool :p

Actually Timberlake said Frank Sinatra, not Astaire, but we know the truth

I was gonna say Frank, but I thought nah, he couldn't have mentioned him, he's not that dumb, but LOL!!! he is afterall :') Thanks for telling the truth, StacyJ.

Justin is a fool im 32 and only got to know of astaire and kelly/cause of mj.i saw mjs style and thought it all came from mj until i saw films after getting intrested cause of mj mentioning them in interviews.i could understand it if timberfake was in his 60s then astaire would come before mj.but to claim he got everything from fred instead of mj is laughable if not pathetic interms of dening who he was inspired by.and last time i looked sinatra didnt do the falsetto or anything mj related.he might aswell say elvis was his inspiration

Justin is a fool im 32 and only got to know of astaire and kelly/cause of mj.i saw mjs style and thought it all came from mj until i saw films after getting intrested cause of mj mentioning them in interviews.i could understand it if timberfake was in his 60s then astaire would come before mj.but to claim he got everything from fred instead of mj is laughable if not pathetic interms of dening who he was inspired by.and last time i looked sinatra didnt do the falsetto or anything mj related.he might aswell say elvis was his inspiration

I know right, elusive LOL!!! He's a fool though

On of the things I like about Michael is that he always was open about those who inspired him. He mentions many older R&B singers as well including James Brown. As long as Chris continues to acknowledge that Michael inspired him I have no problem with that. By the way guys, did Chris Brown have a style he was famous for before he began to imitate Michael a lot. The thing I noticed with Michael is that he will be inspired by someone, but take their contribution and push/mold/extend it to another level--always recreating the old and creating something new himself. He was not merely a copy cat.

Back