Cirque du Soleil 'Michael Jackson ONE' permanent Las Vegas show

Re: Cirque du Soleil "Michael Jackson ONE" permanent Las Vega show

I'm hoping to see the show this spring or summer. I also want to check out the store they have

Edit: oops wrong thread! Mods please delete.. Thanks

Last edited:

Michael Jackson ONE won in 3 category in 2013 BroadwayWorld Las Vegas Awards

Best Band
Donny and Marie - Donny and Marie Showroom

Best Book Musical
Jersey Boys - Paris Las Vegas

Best Broadway Road Company (limited run, The Smith Center)
Wicked

Best Choreography (Strip Show)
Jamie King - Michael Jackson ONE - Michael Jackson ONE Theatre at Mandalay Bay

Best Comedian (Female)
Ellen Degeneres

Best Comedian (male)
Don Rickles Orleans

Best Comedy Club
Brad Garrett's Comedy Club MGM

Best Concert (Long Run)
Donny & Marie Donny & Marie Showroom/Flamingo

Best Concert (Short Run)
Bruno Mars

Best Concert Venue
Fremont Street Experience

Best DJ
David Guetta XS

Best Free Attraction
Bellagio Fountains

Best Hotel Architecture (Non-Theme)
Wynn

Best Hotel Architecture (Theme)
The Venetian

Best Impersonator/Tribute Artist
Frank Marino - Divas Las Vegas - The Quad

Best Magician/Illusionist
David Copperfield Hollywood Theatre MGM Grand

Best Museum or Attraction
50 Greatest Photographs of National Geographic The Venetian

Best Nightclub
Light, Mandalay Bay - Light Group

Best Performance By A Featured Actor In A Musical
Gabriel Burrafato - Vegas! The Show - Saxe Theater

Best Performance By A Featured Actress In A Musical
Lauren Tartaglia - Jersey Boys - Paris

Best Performance By A Lead Actor In A Musical
Ben Stobber - Evil Dead - V Theater

Best Performance By A Lead ActressIn A Musical
Carrie St. Louis - Rock of Ages - Rock of Ages Theatre

Best Performance In A Play (off-Strip)
Brandon Alan McClenahan - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Onyx Theatre

Best Resident Show
Rock of Ages - Rock of Ages Theater (Venetian)

Best Show By A Local Theater Group
Oklahoma - Las Vegas Academy Thespians - Lowden Theater

Best Spectacle Show
Michael Jackson ONE - Cirque - Mandalay Bay

Best Theater
Cirque du Soleil - Michael Jackson ONE - Michael Jackson ONE Theater at Mandalay Bay

http://www.broadwayworld.com/articl...Donny-Marie-Ellen-DeGeneres-More-Win-20140115

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Great news! Congrats to Jamie King as well!

Awesome. This show looks amazing. Both this and Immortal it's clear were created by people who understood Michael's music.

https://www.facebook.com/michaeljackson

1525757_10152180339426473_999779217_n.jpg

Attention to detail is a well know trait of Michael’s. It was also at the forefront in the design of the Michael Jackson ONE Theater at Mandalay Bay. The doors to the theater are just one piece of the detail making the theater a complete Michael experience.

Well thought out and attention to detail was so important to Michael.

Video: http://www.bet.com/shows/106-and-pa...leil-and-106-michael-jackson-one-contest.html

Michael Jackson: One Contest

Cirque De Soleil & BET’s 106 & Park are looking to give the biggest Michael Jackson fan with a trip for 2 to Las Vegas to see Michael Jackson: One at the Mandalay Bay.

Dates & Eligibility

Start: January 24, 2014 @ 06:00 pm (US/Eastern)

End: February 10, 2014 @ 06:00 pm (US/Eastern)

Eligibility: You must be at least 21 years old to enter.

Prizes

A trip for 2 to Las Vegas to see Michael Jackson: One at the Mandalay Bay. Hotel accommodations at the Mandalay Bay and flights for the winner and a guest.

The 5 Must See Shows In Las Vegas

Michael Jackson ONE at Mandalay Bay has changed me. I have to say it out loud and keep resisting the urge to hold back information. This is one of the best shows in Las Vegas. I’m not a Michael Jackson fan but listen to me when I tell you that you have to see this show. It is a must see. What else must you see in Las Vegas? These are my top 5 Must See Shows in Las Vegas right now:

With so many shows in Las Vegas it can be difficult to find a general consensus on what is the best. These Las Vegas shows consistently come up in conversations as the top of the heap so plan your vacation and include at least one of these performances. Use Best of Vegas or Ticketmaster to compare prices on Las Vegas shows before you get into town.

Remember, do not be in a hurry to buy your show tickets. Start checking prices before you leave for Las Vegas and if you find a good price after you have done some comparison shopping then go ahead and buy the ticket. It does not always make sense to buy first. Call the hotel where the show is appearing and see what there price is. If after a little searching you find a good deal, that is when you make the final purchase. Your patience might save you some money.

1. Rose. Rabbit. Lie. at Cosmopolitan
  2. Michael Jackson ONE at Mandalay Bay
  3. Absinthe at Caesars Palace
  4. The Beatles “Love” at Mirage Las Vegas
  5. Mac King Comedy Magic at Harrah’s

http://govegas.about.com/od/shows/tp/mustseeshow.htm

Great to see that even non-fans praise the show.

Great to see that even non-fans praise the show.

I find this odd. If I am not a fan of an artist, go see a show with ONLY the artist's music (which is not very likely), and I am blown over by the show, the first thing I would do is run out and buy the actual music of the artist. After all the show is about the artist's music, so in a sense if you love the show you are a fan of the music. You may not be a hard core fan, but you are a fan nevertheless. So I find it odd that a person would write they are not a Michael fan, when they had a ticket to the show & attended. Did they go and see a show with music that they originally did not care about? Maybe the person means they just went to see One because they were curious, and found out they loved it?

Maybe it's their job to go see the different shows and she found she really liked it and she isn't a fan of his music. Maybe she enjoys to hear the music now with the memories of the show?

Petrarose;3956545 said:
I find this odd. If I am not a fan of an artist, go see a show with ONLY the artist's music (which is not very likely), and I am blown over by the show, the first thing I would do is run out and buy the actual music of the artist. After all the show is about the artist's music, so in a sense if you love the show you are a fan of the music. You may not be a hard core fan, but you are a fan nevertheless. So I find it odd that a person would write they are not a Michael fan, when they had a ticket to the show & attended. Did they go and see a show with music that they originally did not care about? Maybe the person means they just went to see One because they were curious, and found out they loved it?

I have noticed that when people say they are not fans of MJ but cannot help talking about him, are either snobby rockers or/and closet fans:)

Ok, I clicked the link above that Paris 78 posted and seemingly the person who wrote the post came out from closet and is full blown MJ fan:)

Here is the full post:
I struggle with wanting to tell you everything about Michael Jackson One at Mandalay Bay much like I did to my wife minutes after the show. Believe me, I want to tell you about each and every fascinating moment in the show that is part Cirque du Soleil and part Michael Jackson concert. I want to tell you about it just to be able to relive it in my head. Believe me when I tell you that I babbled on for quite sometime when I described the show to my wife. I went on for so long that she might have been jealous about what I tend to call work.

However...

I fear that it would ruin the surprise.

I fear that I would take the anticipation away from you.

I fear that if I told you all about Michael Jackson ONE you might be quick to judge the show and decide its fate on your entertainment calendar long before you hit the Las Vegas strip.

What I can tell you is that I grew up in the Michael Jackson era (didn’t we all?) and I am not a fan of his music. I had the long hair, played the drums and was into bands like the Scorpions, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Megadeath.

I don’t dance. I don’t watch people dance. I cannot appreciate dancing and people who sing without playing an instrument.

I saw Michael Jackson ONE. And then I saw it again. And then a few weeks later I went in and made sure that what I was seeing and believing was true and realized a universal truth.

Michael Jackson is a very talented performer. Combine Michael Jackson, his music and lyrics with Cirque du Soleil and you end up with possibly the most entertaining, energetic show in Las Vegas.

Did I enjoy the show. Yes. I enjoyed the show so much that I don’t want to tell you anything about it.

Michael Jackson ONE by Cirque Du Soleil in Las Vegas
Practice your moonwalk, let out a high pitched squeal or just walk around with a shiny glove on one hand. You don’t have to be a Michael Jackson fan to head to Las Vegas and enjoy a show that is about far more than music and dancing. It actually has a message about hope, love and unity. 90 minutes and you’ll be a fan.

What can you expect from Michael Jackson ONE at Mandalay Bay Las Vegas:
Walking out of the theater I have a strong urge to hug someone. Not just because I am in Las Vegas and it seems like there are plenty of people looking like they need to be hugged. The music and the performance does something to you, Michael Jackson’s music as it is performed and translated in this Cirque Du Soleil show comes across as hopeful and uplifting. It is not as much about a performer as it is about performance. So much happens in the show but as the images and lyrics and movements of the dancers continue to engage your senses the overall theme is positive. In fact you realize that the music is so positive.

As the show runs through numbers that sound familiar and have a sense of familiarity with anyone who might have grown up in the music video era there is a sense of an homage to Michael Jackson but not as much as the attention paid to an overall theme of unity.

I might be getting a little touchy feely here but the show just makes you feel good. You smile during the numbers and you can see and here the hope in the music like you never have before.

I was shocked by how many of the songs I actually knew the words to. I did not listen to Michael Jackson as I have already made clear but I knew the words and the dance moves were familiar.

If there is an icon in American pop culture it is Michael Jackson and ONE does a grand job of illustrating his place in the big picture of the worldwide music scene .

Michael Jackson ONE is a must see show in Las Vegas.

http://govegas.about.com/od/atozlasvegasshows/fl/Michael-Jackson-ONE-at-Mandalay-Bay-Las-Vegas.htm

^^ That's such a great review. I love it when MJ manages to impress people who are not fans. (Maybe secretly they do become fans a little bit then. ;) )

^^ That's such a great review. I love it when MJ manages to impress people who are not fans. (Maybe secretly they do become fans a little bit then. ;) )

I really do hope that MJ ONE becomes a long term resident in Las Vegas. Not just for a few years but for a decade or two.
We need ongoing positive reviews around the world so that when people plan their vegas trip they include MJ One in the itinerary. I would also like it if Cirque made a point of promoting the show internationally, but I guess they don't really do that with any of their shows, except the touring shows.
Beyond the initial rumours of the MJ ONe show, I don't think I have read or seen anything about it in the UK media. Have any UK outlets printed reviews of this show, or shown video footage of it? Have Cirque even released any footage to news organisations?

^^ It could be a good idea for estate to make some sort of deal with some big travel agencies if they promote MJ1 when people are booking tickets to Vegas, they get commission (or something similar)
or when people using website to book their flight tickets to Vegas, advertising of MJ1 pops out.

I definitely want MJ1 to go many years, so I can go and see it when I have saved enough money (which would be years:))

Ok, I clicked the link above that Paris 78 posted and seemingly the person who wrote the post came out from closet and is full blown MJ fan:)

^^Something about the bolded is cracking me up. Thanks.

Bobmoo ^^usually I see ads for the show in magazines that focus on what is playing in VEGAS. It might be in some magazines that travel agents use to give to tourists? I guess the idea is that, first people will want to go to Vegas, and then second they will look to see what is playing in Vegas. Maybe only fans look first for a show and then book a passage to the place where the show is. I guess the average human plans a vacation first and then look for the entertainment that they will see there. For example, someone may plan to take a vacation in Hawaii and then get the magazines to see what excursions they will attend. Maybe that is the way the Cirque people are thinking, which is why they won't place ads internationally? Well this is only my opinion about it...

This reminds me of some of those Broadway shows that ran on Broadway for decades.

Last edited:

Good point Petrarose

http://www.vegasnews.com/110345/al-...-one-by-cirque-du-soleil-at-mandalay-bay.html

2014-02-04_mj-one_al-pacino_01-588.jpg

Legendary actor of stage and screen Al Pacino attended the early performance of Michael Jackson ONE by Cirque du Soleil at Mandalay Bay on Tuesday, February 4, 2014 (Photo credit: Joseph Donato/Cashman Photography).

In Vegas for a quick meeting, the Oscar winner said they couldn’t leave town without seeing ONE. Accompanied by his beautiful girlfriend, Argentinean actress Lucila Solá, and her father, Pacino insisted on meeting the cast after the show and addressed the group backstage:

“BRAVO! BRAVO! Every time I see [Cirque du Soleil] I see something I’ve never seen before, tonight I saw things I’ve never seen in my life! Thank you! I will come back!”

That is awesome that Al Pacino went to the show.

Is Al the same age as the girl friend's father? It is good to see all these entertainment people attending One.

*Side note- I'm new here.

I saw this show back in September, and it was absolutely fantastic. It was extremely emotional for me, though, and I cried no less than three time during the show. Four, if you count starting to tear up while looking around the gift shop beforehand. :p

[youtube]1aEOor6IBPw[/youtube]

^^ That was 11 minutes well spent, thanks for posting the snippets :clapping:

Great to see they had Michael's videos at the background, so nearly like he was dancing with them.

[youtube]1aEOor6IBPw[/youtube]

Is that the actual audio? I don't like the mixing, all the songs are badly mixed! Hate the costumes. And if someone was watching this show without the music, you couldn't know that it is Michael Jackson show (ok, there are few dance routines, but other than that, just some random circus stuff).

Also I can't see a connection between that stage, those costumes and Michael Jackson.

It's nice to see that the show is making a lot of money for the Estate, but I don't like it.

^
fortunately some fans can't surprise me anymore!

Great clip of a great show, thanks for posting gstyle!

I'm going to Vegas in November, can I buy tickets for One yet? I went on the site and it seems you can only buy up to the end of August?

A video of the "hologram".

[youtube]LyRcO09N-kE[/youtube]

^^ That was 11 minutes well spent, thanks for posting the snippets :clapping:

Great to see they had Michael's videos at the background, so nearly like he was dancing with them.

I hope you get to come see it. It's really fantastic and I'm so fortunate I'm close to Vegas and my mom and best friend live there, affording me the opportunity to see it every few months.

Back