Classical Music anyone?

Oh yeah, him too. :lol:

Tons of great works, lots for piano (well, organ and harpsichord, the piano having been invented after his time; but they work equally well on piano for the most part.) but my fav Bach work is his St Matthew Passion, in particular the opening.

yes...this may sound off topic but it's not. this is why i love the idea of the evolution of music. Johann's works were made before the invention of the piano, yet they work equally well for it. i had gotten some of his works in a cd called 'switched on Bach' all played by synthesizers. that's when i first fell in love with the third Brandenburg concerto...listening to it on electronic instruments. that's why i tend to argue in favor of the concept that tpain does a lot of his music with. i'm not gunna argue the quality of his music, itself..it's the idea of the evolution of music, and musical instrumentation, and musical ideas. i'm sure there were those 'purists' who hated the idea of playing Johann on the piano, cus his music was made when there was no such thing. and before there was such a thing, it could have not been imagined. yet it works. of course there are those people who might still say..no no..no piano for Johann. i don't think this two mindset school of thought ever changes. this idea of Johann and the piano is, to me, my strongest argument for the non discriminatory nature of music itself...and only people can go with it, or stop themselves...but they can never stop the wonderful evolution and non discriminatory nature of music itself. all of this is just one more reason why i love Johann's music so much. it kinda helps my musical arguments in favor of music's continuing evolution. *out of breath* lol:):D
Absolutely agree that music evolves. There's no stopping it. And that's a good thing. I'm no purist, that's for sure. :lol: But I'm all for period performances too. It's all good imo. It's fun to look back on occasion, to hear how things might have sounded 'back then'. On the other hand, I'm one of those peeps that likes contemporary classical music as well (works by composers like Rzewski, Ligeti, Cage....) Hell, I like all kinds of stuff! :lol:

IK (or any classical music peeps)- About Ravel's works. Here's a beaut; Daphnis et Chloe. Too bad it's not complete. Hope you like it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBLdMySuaEg

And thanks for starting this thread, Linda. :)

Last edited:
of course I love classical music... but not contemporary I think....
I listen to it very often....

Back