Collaboration of dream, you would never have a chance to see...

Richard76

Heartbreaker
Country
Russia
Do you have one (or maybe few) singer/musician, that you adore just like you adore Michael and you would die to see colaboration of this musician and Michael, BUT for some reasons you know that there is NO chance, they would have colloborated, even If MJ still would be alive? You have always dreamt about their partnership, you wonder have would they react to each other, but, because they are too different, they would never collaborate....

As for me, there is only one musician, that I adore just like I adore Michael. And his name is Damon Albarn. Damon and Michael are two musical legends, that had a lot of good influence on people's life (including mine). Both of them created songs to rise a problem of environmental protection. Both of them were loyal to their country and made a lot of things to keep it's good image. Both of them had problems with drugs (but Damon, unlike MJ, had been taking real drugs). Although they have a lot of things in common, there are a lot of differences between them too. Unlike MJ, Damon is not a dancer, and he never used lip-synch during his performances. He always act just like he really wants during performances, he doesn't try to sound like perfect, he just sings from the bottom of his heart. Also, unlike MJ, Damon doesn't really care about musical rewards, although both of them were added to Guiness World Records. One of the reason, there are no chances MJ and DA would collab, is Damon's bad habit. He always smokes during music creating process. So, I guess Michael would never collaborate with a man-smoker. There is even a story, when Damon declined Prince's proposition to record music with him, because Prince forbidded Damon to smoke. Other reason, there are no chances for their collab, is beacuse Michael didn't really like Britain musicians, except Paul Mccartney, he didn't really had any Britain collaborator. There was a time I wondered, are there any MJ's or DA's interview, where they would talk about each other or at least mention each other.... Unfortunately not at all... MJ apparently didn't even know about Damon's musical contribution. And that's really sad. Both of them have so beautiful voice. I'm sure song about love or nature, made by them would be a G.O.A.T. Although this collab was doomed, I like that I'm not the only fan, that would like to see MJ and DA singing together. There are a lot of fan works (and some of them are too stupid:LOL:šŸ˜…) And that means, thera are a lot of people, that would like to see Michael+Damon collab.

I know, that in this interview Michael meant an animal gorillaz, not the band. But hearing him appreciating Damon's band makes my heart beat faster:D

Do you have one (or maybe few) singer/musician, that you adore just like you adore Michael
I don't but I'd like to see more collaborations with rock guitarists. Eric Clapton, Keith Richards.
Like this Clapton Mix of Behind the Mask:

The idea that Michael didn't really like British musicians is an odd thing to say. We know he loved The Beatles, also Freddie Mercury. In the Mexico depo he says he loved Herman's Hermits. He really liked Scritti Politti. As for collabs, I believe he wanted to work on something with John Taylor and Nick Rhodes from DuranDuran but scheduling conflicts meant it didn't happen. Boy George has mentioned that him and Michael talked about working together, no idea if that's true. Michael liked Adam Ant's music, the drums at least. He asked Adam about that.

Last edited:
The idea that Michael didn't really like British musicians is an odd thing to say. We know he loved The Beatles, also Freddie Mercury. In the Mexico depo he says he loved Herman's Hermits. He really liked Scritti Politti. As for collabs, I believe he wanted to work on something with John Taylor and Nick Rhodes from DuranDuran but scheduling conflicts meant it didn't happen. Boy George has mentioned that him and Michael talked about working together, no idea if that's true. Michael liked Adam Ant's music, the drums at least. He asked Adam about that.
But he had only one Britain collaborator. That's the point

Michael singing All Along The Watchtower with Dave Mason or Hendrix on guitar.

Last edited:
Isn't Mick Jagger British?
He sure is!

And how about Bob Geldoff, Rod Temperton, Marsha Ambrosius, Olivia Newton-John, Olivia Hussey, Jackie Collins, and Barry Gibb?
(y)

How could anyone forget Rod and Marsha?

Slash is born in London, by the way.
Yep. It's true his family left the UK when he was a kid but he retains dual citizenship, afaik.

Didn't know that. I thought the Bee Gees were from Australia
Born in the Isle of Man, spent a lot of their childhood in Manchester. Ngl, they often used to be referred to in the UK press as Australian, it was confusing. They were in Australia for about 8 years from 1958 until the mid-sixties, IIRC. After that, I'm not sure where they were based. They retained their British citizenship, though.

Jeremy Lubbock is another one.
Fabulous guy. Was just watching an interview with him. Tried to find the bit where he talks about Michael, couldn't find it but he had nice things to say about Nathan East ('divine player').

Last edited:
Born in the Isle of Man, spent a lot of their childhood in Manchester. Ngl, they often used to be referred to in the UK press as Australian, it was confusing. They were in Australia for about 8 years from 1958 until the mid-sixties, IIRC. After that, I'm not sure where they were based. They retained their British citizenship, though.
Very good summary ā€“ you should consider doing biographies!

Iā€™d like to add that they returned to the UK in 1967, and then moved to the US (Los Angeles) in 1972. Barry currently (since 2009) holds dual UK/US citizenship.

Back