COMPLETE LIST OF INVINCIBLE DARKCHILD TRACKS (1999-2001)

There's always been this rumor about Maybe We Can Do It included P.Diddy (or whatever he calls himself now). Not sure if true and not sure if anything was really recorded on that one.

I also remember reading a quote from somebody saying P.Diddy came in the studio to work on a track and MJ just rolled his eyes at him.

I’m relatively certain that a handful of these titles don’t exist. The one and only source I’ve since located is the “Darkchild record index,” which is a fan made site that conveniently excludes “Get Your Weight Off of Me.” I don’t remember what titles were on that website—I think “Kick It” and “Maybe We Can Do It” were among them—but I’d wager they’re fan made titles.
The Darkchild website was a real place you're making things up

I really don't have much faith in the Darkchild outtakes being any good.
Xscape? We've Had Enough? 🤨 They're one of the best outtakes from Invincible, I still have hope that there's one more gem from his sessions.
I personally doubt MJ's vocals are on the remaining Darkchild outtakes. All of the demos we've heard snippets of have a demo vocal by someone else.
That doesn't necessarily mean the remaining demos don't have vocals. Maybe he showed the writer's demos so he wouldn't get into trouble with the Estate. He also showed the writer's demos of songs that were already released.

Yeah it's entirely possible. I just won't be surprised if there aren't any left that MJ put vocals on.

Yeah it's entirely possible. I just won't be surprised if there aren't any left that MJ put vocals on.
Yeah it seems for Invincible, MJ changed his approach to songwriting and recording completely. Instead of doing demos with beatboxing and scratch vocals, he just let external guys write the songs and recorded lead vocals without backing vocals at the very end.
Which is a bit sad as it shows that the album wasnt really a priority.

What I find most interesting is that during the 93’ deposition, one of the lawyers refers to “Chicago 1945“ as “Chicago 145” and one would think he simply misspoke, however, Jerkins made the same mistake on his website. Coincidence? Was the cassette of the song wrongly labelled?
Seeing how much MJ says "Chicago nights" in the song I strongly believe that Chicago 1945 was just a working title.

The Darkchild website was a real place you're making things up
No, I’m not. I was referring to a Darkchild fan-made website that was the only resource I personally recall ever seeing that had those titles. If there’s another site, I’ve never seen it and own the mistake.

^ Back in 2003 or so Rodney had only a few more titles that remain unreleased listed on his real "Darkchild record index" - not sure which possible fan-made scam you are referring to. The real index had these songs listed:
- "Cheater"
- "Chicago 1945" (misspelled as "Chicago 145")
- "Get Around"
- "Kick It"
- "Maybe We Can Do It"
- "Pressure"
- "The Pain"

"Get Your Weight Off Of Me" and "We've Had Enough" were not listed.

*edit: forgot "Cheater" and "Maybe We Can Do It" and "Escape" wasn't on it, too
In your opinion do you think Chicago 1945s vocals would have been done again with Rodney or do you think only the instrumental was played with

I wonder why Porcaro didn't mention anything about this version of Chicago.

Steve Porcaro learned from a guitarist and friend that a version has been reworked. I don't remember the name... There was William in the name but I'm not sure at all.

It's on the book Man In The Music by Joseph Vogel, this is what he had to say about the track entirely:

"Crack Kills” has long been part of Michael Jackson folklore. Did the pop star actually record a song with Run-DMC at the peak of their popularity? Unfortunately, he did not. But Jackson’s demo does exist. The artist wrote the lyrics and recorded the song with a full vocal in November 1986 and returned to it in early 1987. But he couldn’t quite figure out how to incorporate Run-DMC onto the track. Ultimately, while they met twice and tried to make it work, the track never came to fruition and remains unreleased.
There is also another version to this Run-DMC case.

It has been said that Michael Jackson decided to not incorporate Run-DMC onto the track (which also led to the exclusion of the track from the 'BAD' album) after he found out that certain members of that band made negative comments about him.
There's always been this rumor about Maybe We Can Do It included P.Diddy (or whatever he calls himself now). Not sure if true and not sure if anything was really recorded on that one.

I also remember reading a quote from somebody saying P.Diddy came in the studio to work on a track and MJ just rolled his eyes at him.
It appears that Michael Jackson did not find these songs (that Sean Combs presented to him) good enough so as to start recording his vocals on them.

Besides, even Sean Combs himself admitted that these songs were inferior to those that Michael Jackson had already recorded for his 'Invincible' album.

"When I heard the stuff Michael has recorded for his new album... I'm not sure he's gonna use what we did because, you know, the songs I heard are so good" (Sean Combs, MCM French TV Channel, 1999)

American rapper Mase was also involved in these songs that Sean Combs presented to Michael Jackson.

There is also another version to this Run-DMC case.

It has been said that Michael Jackson decided to not incorporate Run-DMC onto the track (which also led to the exclusion of the track from the 'BAD' album) after he found out that certain members of that band made negative comments about him.

It appears that Michael Jackson did not find these songs (that Sean Combs presented to him) good enough so as to start recording his vocals on them.

Besides, even Sean Combs himself admitted that these songs were inferior to those that Michael Jackson had already recorded for his 'Invincible' album.

"When I heard the stuff Michael has recorded for his new album... I'm not sure he's gonna use what we did because, you know, the songs I heard are so good" (Sean Combs, MCM French TV Channel, 1999)

American rapper Mase was also involved in these songs that Sean Combs presented to Michael Jackson.
Why Damien shileds said tomboy did not have vocals

Unfortunately, I have never found this extract.

Because that's what he heard at the US Copyright Office. It's not necessarily the finalized songs that he heard.
Can you explain more for me .so .Office can just play for him not finish version of what because. He heard what you do to me from 1985 .with vocals

It basically depends on the version filed with US Copyright. The song may have been filed as an instrumental, then reworked by MJ later without being filed again with US Copyright.

It basically depends on the version filed with US Copyright. The song may have been filed as an instrumental, then reworked by MJ later without being filed again with US Copyright.
Maybe yes .do you have info about songs with loren

Bildschirmfoto-2019-09-22-um-13-17-50.png
can I get the link to this?

This is from 1998. Not sure what Steve exactly meant with the song being recorded twice.

Years ago, Michael and I wrote a song called “Chicago 1945,” I did the music and Michael the lyrics. He recorded the song twice but never put it on an album. The instruments were played in a constant rhythm in the 16th note, which was called Yada.” When I explained this to Michael, he liked it so much he gave me that nickname.

This is from 1998. Not sure what Steve exactly meant with the song being recorded twice.

Years ago, Michael and I wrote a song called “Chicago 1945,” I did the music and Michael the lyrics. He recorded the song twice but never put it on an album. The instruments were played in a constant rhythm in the 16th note, which was called Yada.” When I explained this to Michael, he liked it so much he gave me that nickname.
Two sessions? But MJ did 9 vocal takes.

Why Damien shileds said tomboy did not have vocals
When an unreleased song is registered with the U.S. Copyright Office, this does not necessarily mean that this is the final version of the song.

Especially, when it comes to Michael Jackson who used to re-work many of his unreleased songs by also recording new vocals on them (after their registration).

Back