Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Re: Sundance Festival 2019 - Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland"

The Estate needs to team up with Taj and give him what he needs to get his film done. Michael and his legacy have been attacked long enough. And this is the most horrible attack on him yet. It has the potential to ruin his legacy beyond repair and sink their business interests in the process. So they need to start moving on shutting the effects of this trash-fest down sooner rather than later or they will lose everything.

Got into a discussion at a friend's house with a friend of his. As soon as she started with "fans saying Robson always defended MJ only goes so far, I mean, look at Cosby. It took years for these women to come out." I knew I wouldn't get anywhere with this. She also said victims tend to defend and deny for years on end until it's enough and they just" break".

Hey, nevermind other simple facts about Cirque due soleil, or how he begged to be at the memorial. Apparently according to this lady that's all perfectly normal behavior.

Wow.
How many of those women with cosby defended him a court of law under oath? I get sick of these people you all talk to who want to compare what goes on in one case to another. And Cosby is on tape admitting he gave drugs to women (and to me, he came in a time which that was the norm for both men and women to do 60's and 70's.)

Gwyneira;4238253 said:
This quote nails it: "Just because it’s graphic, doesn’t mean it’s true. The rush to judgement here is alarming, and dangerous." (link)

Exactly. Of course people are going to make it graphic. They got to make is sell.

Just read about this.
Feel legit sick. It felt like we were finally moving on from these lies and now this garbage is dragging it all up again. I was hoping that people wouldn't be so easily swayed by such an obvious one sided narrative, but I've already been proven wrong. The fact that this is making headlines just makes my blood boil.

Let the man rest ffs.

That's the report that Radar Online doctored of the art book to make it look like the children depicted in it were actually nude when they really weren't?
Well some idiot posted that as a link. I counter it and someone thanked me. See this is what we have to do.

somewhereinthedark;4238251 said:
I don’t know of any Cosby accuser who actually defended him. Maybe I missed something. Also, most of the Cosby accuser’s accused him years ago, they all didn’t just suddenly come out. You need to be able to rebuke friends who don’t know the facts. I don’t allow any friend to say things that they can’t back up. You would be surprised st how many people-friend and foe- that I have convinced when I give them the facts. Btw, any friend who is not willing to listen is not really not a friend, IMO. I don’t need friends like that.

I agree with you, I don't want friends like that either. Luckily the majority of my friends don't believe it either. And the lady I spoke to was not a friend of mine, just a friend of my friend.

I wasn't prepared for this person to bring up Cosby. I'm surprised she didn't bring up R Kelly, but both cannot be compared to Mike in any way....sigh.

Gwyneira;4238253 said:
This quote nails it: "Just because it’s graphic, doesn’t mean it’s true. The rush to judgement here is alarming, and dangerous." (link)

MJ's lawyer, yes! Finally! Hitting the nail right on its head!

Just read about this.
Feel legit sick. It felt like we were finally moving on from these lies and now this garbage is dragging it all up again. I was hoping that people wouldn't be so easily swayed by such an obvious one sided narrative, but I've already been proven wrong. The fact that this is making headlines just makes my blood boil.

Let the man rest ffs.
I truely do not think most people believe it or do not care but the ones who are taking, I am going in hard. If you look at the total number of hits or comments, that is very small in these comments (some are getting nothing at all).

Got into a discussion at a friend's house with a friend of his. As soon as she started with "fans saying Robson always defended MJ only goes so far, I mean, look at Cosby. It took years for these women to come out." I knew I wouldn't get anywhere with this. She also said victims tend to defend and deny for years on end until it's enough and they just" break".

Hey, nevermind other simple facts about Cirque due soleil, or how he begged to be at the memorial. Apparently according to this lady that's all perfectly normal behavior.

Wow.
She is a liar. That is NOT perfect behavior for grown man who claim to molested to do and to continue to praise after he died. Your friend is a liar and know nothing. And what about going to court to DEFEND TWICE in court of law. if she tells you that again, you tell her "And people do that who LIE and want $100 million".

Last edited:

I truely do not think most people believe it or do not care but the ones who are taking, I am going in hard. If you look at the total number of hits or comments, that is very small in these comments (some are getting nothing at all).

I wish I could be as positive as you, but I remember 2005 and how horrendous it was. Now with the internet as it is, it just gives the idiots more of a voice to perpetuate the lies. This coinciding with all the R Kelly stuff just makes it worse too. Ugh.

Carmour260;4238252 said:
Relax, breathe, calm down. The thing is now we are prepared to give out the facts. The Cirque show is not going anywhere, matter of fact, nothing will disappear. I know things are looking dark right now, but you can't let that beat you down. If you do, they win. We've come too far to turn back. Live your life.

Good advice. It’s a tough time.

Staffordshire Bullterrier;4238259 said:
MJ's lawyer, yes! Finally! Hitting the nail right on its head!

“Leaving Neverland” can’t be taken seriously, and I’m surprised the press in Sundance– who didn’t cover Jackson — was so swayed by it. The movie offers no independent evidence, or third parties, just the claims of Robson and Safechuck. Just because it’s graphic, doesn’t mean it’s true. The rush to judgement here is alarming, and dangerous.

Actually, that (above) was a quote from Roger Friedman. This (below, also from his article) is interesting:

''Meanwhile, Robson has started a not for profit foundation and is soliciting donations. There can be no transparency, as he’s parked his 501 c3 very cleverly under something called the Hawaii Community Foundation. That way, Robson doesn’t have to file a form 990. We’ll never know if the makers of “Leaving Neverland” have donated money to it, for example. This was done on purpose. Leonardo DiCaprio does the same thing with his Foundation. It’s hidden.''

https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/01/...happened-to-him-so-were-his-mother-and-sister

I wish I could be as positive as you, but I remember 2005 and how horrendous it was. Now with the internet as it is, it just gives the idiots more of a voice to perpetuate the lies. This coinciding with all the R Kelly stuff just makes it worse too. Ugh.

I'm with you.Some people who know I am a massive fan are always saying the no smoke without fire comments to me......it really does get tiring constantly defending MJ......in all honestly,I wonder why I bother sometimes.

Silverstone;4238266 said:
I'm with you.Some people who know I am a massive fan are always saying the no smoke without fire comments to me......it really does get tiring constantly defending MJ......in all honestly,I wonder why I bother sometimes.
This. I’ve been defending him my entire life and once he passed away, I naively thought that the crap was over. With all the positivity about his legacy, the change in attitude from the younger generation, it felt like the clouds had lifted. Now this. It’s the familiar sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I applaud anyone defending him, but I just can’t do it anymore.

I’m just gonna hope this blows over without much of the mud sticking. The rave reviews it’s getting sickens me no end, but hey we’ve gotten through worse I suppose.

In times like this it's hard to be MJ Fan, but I am proud to say i am one since 1991/1992.
In all this years and decades we had to stay strong. And now it's time to be strong again. Together we can make it.
Thank you fellow MJ Fans for your fight so far.

Last edited:

The photo it shows of him and I assume his wife sure makes it look real. It definitely is him for sure but if the page is legit.... and even then, why care for this horrible shit?

Scream;4238268 said:
This. I’ve been defending him my entire life and once he passed away, I naively thought that the crap was over. With all the positivity about his legacy, the change in attitude from the younger generation, it felt like the clouds had lifted. Now this. It’s the familiar sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I applaud anyone defending him, but I just can’t do it anymore.

I’m just gonna hope this blows over without much of the mud sticking. The rave reviews it’s getting sickens me no end, but hey we’ve gotten through worse I suppose.

I’m with you. The relative peace we had after he died, and the increase in his popularity was great thinking about it now.

I’m hoping this will blow over and some evidence is released properly by the Estate to defend him against these allegations, but like you I am running out of strength trying to defend against this. It’s draining.

There has to to be some kind of fight back against all of this. I mean seriously, enough is enough.

The photo it shows of him and I assume his wife sure makes it look real. It definitely is him for sure but if the page is legit.... and even then, why care for this horrible shit?

To contact the little turd and tell him to come clean, as if he would though

Harvey Weinstein is on tape in a hotel trying to bother a woman. Once again, these people are not like Michael's case.

That tape is extremely vague. But I do agree, they are not like Michael's case.

To contact the little turd and tell him to come clean, as if he would though

Yeah, no chance! Just like Jordan he'll be taking his lies to his grave.

Anyone here managed to read the Q&A by Robson and Safechuck or did they only post parts of it so far on news sites? I honestly can't stand to watch a video of that, I saw a photo of them first laughing and then putting on this fake sad face with crocodile tears. Pathetic doesn't begin to describe it. ****ing snakes. If the people that attended that trash only knew the facts about them. :mad:

Honey, I was here for the 1993, 2005, etc. This nothing. People are more open about people being falsly accused even more now. RKelly is a different case and I think people know that but again we got to get these trolls in check.

And sometimes it is DRY ICE. That saying is not always right just like if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it is a duck. NOT always. it can also be a Playtpus. These kind of thinking is why we have people falsely imprisoned.

myosotis;4238265 said:
“Leaving Neverland” can’t be taken seriously, and I’m surprised the press in Sundance– who didn’t cover Jackson — was so swayed by it. The movie offers no independent evidence, or third parties, just the claims of Robson and Safechuck. Just because it’s graphic, doesn’t mean it’s true. The rush to judgement here is alarming, and dangerous.

Actually, that (above) was a quote from Roger Friedman. This (below, also from his article) is interesting:

''Meanwhile, Robson has started a not for profit foundation and is soliciting donations. There can be no transparency, as he’s parked his 501 c3 very cleverly under something called the Hawaii Community Foundation. That way, Robson doesn’t have to file a form 990. We’ll never know if the makers of “Leaving Neverland” have donated money to it, for example. This was done on purpose. Leonardo DiCaprio does the same thing with his Foundation. It’s hidden.''

https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/01/...happened-to-him-so-were-his-mother-and-sister
Well, that needs to be made. see, he is getting PAID but in a slick way. Do not worry, all of these LIES will come to the surface in what they did and that Dan Reed is going to look even more like a fool. Hope the only thing he will be able to direct for now on will be a line of roaches.

Last edited:

Honey, I was here for the 1993, 2005, etc.
As was I. Again, I hope that this doesn't get any more traction than it needs to, but i'm a pessimist unfortunately.
Had it been released with a thud of indifference, I'd have shrugged it off, but the positive press it's getting from major outlets is what worries me.

dmehta;4238273 said:
I’m with you. The relative peace we had after he died, and the increase in his popularity was great thinking about it now.

I’m hoping this will blow over and some evidence is released properly by the Estate to defend him against these allegations, but like you I am running out of strength trying to defend against this. It’s draining.

There has to to be some kind of fight back against all of this. I mean seriously, enough is enough.
You are a fan to the BIGGEST CELEB to ever live in life and death.

As was I. Again, I hope that this doesn't get any more traction than it needs to, but i'm a pessimist unfortunately.
Had it been released with a thud of indifference, I'd have shrugged it off, but the positive press it's getting from major outlets is what worries me.
But again, we can knock it down. That is the difference. if it blows up, they will have to report the facts on these two and they can not ignore it. We are in a better position than all others. Remember that.

Roger Freidman's 411 article is perfect. I'm going to post it with the link
onto as many websites as I can.

The rest of the Hollywood press needs to stop
supporting without question these"repulsive way- passed-grown ass liars, Robson and Safechuck.

Michael left on this Earth three beautiful flowering children[Prince, Paris, and Bigi(Blanket)] who Hollywood should support. If the Hollywood community does not support Michael Jackson's children, may they rot in Hell.

Back