Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

Starting to struggle with this now, having to remind myself we got through it in 2005. It’s the way the reports about it are worded, articles start off as if the things said in the documentary are facts....then as you get deeper into the articles they mention stuff like Wade testifying in MJ’s defence. By this point people have already stopped reading!

The media literally makes me sick, never bought a newspaper in my life and never will.....

Re: Sundance Festival 2019 - Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland"

I want to know who this director think he is more qualified to speak on this about Jackson, calling fans a "cult" (No, we seek the TRUTH. Jackson has fans who have been abused and none of the will defend him if evidence show it to true; but it shows the opposite). And it is clear this director did not like MJ but now he is acting like an expert. And I can not stand when they mix up how victims can be and this and that; not THESE GUYS ARE CLEARLY LIARS. And look this fool did not put another side in the doc but YET he want to act like he knows. Sit your @$$ down. MJ has fans who are doctors, lawyers, DA's, young, old, all races, age, professions, etc who FOLLOWED and STUDIED his case WALL TO WALL and not just TWO people who are PROVEN LIARS. That is where our facts is coming from. This fool is no expert on Michael Jackson and this case. We are. he is just a low life director. There are people even in the media who know these guys are lying and those people once thought MJ was guilty until they learned better. So you know more than them Mr. Dan? NOT. Sit your @$$ down

Last edited:
L.T.D;4238218 said:
Starting to struggle with this now, having to remind myself we got through it in 2005. It’s the way the reports about it are worded, articles start off as if the things said in the documentary are facts....then as you get deeper into the articles they mention stuff like Wade testifying in MJ’s defence. By this point people have already stopped reading!

The media literally makes me sick, never bought a newspaper in my life and never will.....

Don't give up! If feel stressed out, take a break from the internet. Listen to "Man In The Mirror." We always knew the truth, and the truth will prevail.

WE CAN PREVAIL AND WE WILL PREVAIL.
"We have only just begun to fight!"

Carmour260;4238220 said:
Don't give up! If feel stressed out, take a break from the internet. Listen to "Man In The Mirror." We always knew the truth, and the truth will prevail.

Thanks, I’ll never give up but I just can’t believe we still have to do this in 2019....genuinely thought it was all behind us apart from the odd comment here or there.

I think I’m more angry at how gullible and stupid people are. I learned probably when I was 12 years old and became a fan of Michael not to believe everything I hear or read and I pride myself on it. The fact that there are still adults all over the world that will believe whatever they hear and take it as fact is honestly mind blowing, in 2019 especially we should all be much wiser than this!

Uh, no. His Harvey Weinstein article basically did the exact same thing - accusations with no proof and taking the accusers' word as fact.

And besides, his article is the one that started this whole MeToo mess.
Harvey Weinstein is on tape in a hotel trying to bother a woman. Once again, these people are not like Michael's case.

What if this could make Jordan Chandler finally come out and say he was never abused. Wishful thinking but you should never say never.
Yes, it could. Do not think it could not happen. His LIE created this. Even this low life director tried to get in contact with him and Garvin and look, nothing (they know they lied). Yet he get the two who are proven liars and who defended Jackson. come on now.

Did Safechuck also claim, like Wade, that he did not realise what MJ allegedly did to him was sexual abuse until after he had his own child?

dmehta;4238216 said:
Just read a “five star” review on The Telegraph of the film. One of the first stories the reviewer talks about is Safechuck getting out a ring that Jackson supposedly gave him during a mock wedding ceremony between the two of them, and that Jackson would give him jewellery to keep him quiet.

Can someone confirm - where did these mock wedding ceremonies/wedding ring stories originate from? Was it Victor Gutierrez’s book?

Yes, that's what Peadophiles do, to keep their disgusting habits, as low key as possible, to attract minimal attention, and suspicion..
Have mock weddings,and give children jewellery like rings, so they can go and tell whoever who gave it them and why... Lol

Honestly, I grinned when I first read it, but its really sad, that this is the best drivel they can come up with..

Hi guys, I'm just tuning into this mess, because it's absolutely AWFUL. Who is this benefitting now? Why is this necessary? If their story were true, even THEN I can't see who this could possibly be benefitting? Michael is dead, he can't defend himself or take responsibility, but his children are alive, his legacy is alive, why sh*t on it now? A fancy Sundance documentary? Is this what you call therapeutic, WADE? I'm just so appalled and distraught. And why is everyone reacting like this is gospel all of a sudden?
Can someone recap Safechuck's story for me? I know Wade is full of it, but where did Jimmy come from all of a sudden? I really hope that this is incentive enough for people to actually do something real to defend Michael's honour. I understand that everyone's been living their own lives and trying to stay out of the headlines, but now is the time. Macaulay, Brett, JORDY, anyone.. now is the time to pull on some strings and make another documentary, Making a Murderer style.

Last edited:

Was it a haribo ring ? really is this the best they can come up with

I am still of the opinion that Wade and James were molested, but it was somebody else who were looking to feel powerful, at their expense. Michael Jackson felt powerful by his talent, his Showmanship, his fans!

Michael was preparing to do a Show "This Is It" and after his death, was made into a documentary. As we watch Michael Jackson, we see a man who has an Innocent spirit about him. This is not a man who needs to feel powerful by taking advantage of innocent young men. You can see how powerful Michael is by seeing he is the man in charge in this documentary, not a supposed Cathartic docu created by a few hedonistic monsters, Wade and James.

L.T.D;4238222 said:
Thanks, I’ll never give up but I just can’t believe we still have to do this in 2019....genuinely thought it was all behind us apart from the odd comment here or there.

I think I’m more angry at how gullible and stupid people are. I learned probably when I was 12 years old and became a fan of Michael not to believe everything I hear or read and I pride myself on it. The fact that there are still adults all over the world that will believe whatever they hear and take it as fact is honestly mind blowing, in 2019 especially we should all be much wiser than this!

This is why I put up #MJHatersRIdiots on Twitter to show they are idiots, they’ve been feeding on poison so much their brains shrank to a pea sized brains.

L.T.D;4238211 said:
Yes I believe it does, I know whenever I read posts about things on social media I always read the comments afterwards to see what people are saying. It’s important that we flood comments with the truth.
Exactly. I do not if they believe it or not, they should not be allow to say something and click off. And many of them are trolls.

FORGIVE ME BUT JORDAN YOU NEED TO BRING YOUR SELF OUT NOW AND CLEAR UP THIS LIE NOW. YOU ARE A GROWN MAN NOW AND CAN FINALLY DO WHAT IS RIGHT BY MICHAEL. THIS IS WRONG on so many levels. I am so angry now I can barley type. And that Dan Reed ticked me off. I can not stand someone who clearly knows nothing want to act like he/she knows more than the people who know more about the case. The can NOT harm MJ physcally no more but we are here and I will fight these clowns and I will not be kind.

I'd love Jordan to speak out but we really dont know what legal documents were signed to potentially force his silence.. I doubt evan chandler didnt enforce In some way silence on his sons part.. which could be part of why he emancipated himself.

I know evan is dead but we really.dont know what was signed..

I wish he had the balls to come forth anyways though!

L.T.D;4238222 said:

Yeah, it's unfortunate that we are dealing with this still. It shows we still got a long way to go, can't please everybody. However, I did my part, you did your part. We just have to do the best that we can.

Not just Michael's case, but with what's going on with the world, especially here in the US. The government shutdown is over for now, even though the damage had been done. In Georgia, my home state, we got a guy who cheated his way to win Governor. I will never call him that, he's The Cheater. Like with Trump, I call him 45.

For Michael’s legacy to survive these allegations, and to stop other organisations pulling his music if this all blows up, the Estate will at some point need to go on the attack and publicly expose the lies of Wade and Jimmy. This doc has not yet aired on tv, but the mainstream media publications are now picking this up and giving it 5 star reviews, asking if MJ’s music can survive this. It’s not just the tabloids now. It will get worse once the doc airs on TV (apparently it will be on Channel 4 in the UK at the end of February).

Over the last 10 years, MJ’s legacy has largely stayed intact, and grown somewhat, posthumously. There are people out there who have always believed MJ to be guilty, and always will. However there are others who, knowing he was acquitted in 2005, gave him the benefit of the doubt. It is why sales of his music, Cirque du Soleil shows etc have done so well and his Estate has raked in the money.

These latest allegations have the potential to start a movement against against his music, particularly in this age of #metoo.

Let’s be clear - over the last 26 years, we’ve NEVER had one of his accusers sit down and repeat their allegations on TV (except Wade in 2013). Jordan and Gavin never spoke publicly. That makes this potentially more damaging.

My fear is if this blows up, his Cirque show could get pulled, the Broadway show could get pulled, streaming services may decide to pull his music, radio stations may remove him from their playlists.

The Estate need to be prepared for a point coming up where this COULD blow up.

Got into a discussion at a friend's house with a friend of his. As soon as she started with "fans saying Robson always defended MJ only goes so far, I mean, look at Cosby. It took years for these women to come out." I knew I wouldn't get anywhere with this. She also said victims tend to defend and deny for years on end until it's enough and they just" break".

Hey, nevermind other simple facts about Cirque due soleil, or how he begged to be at the memorial. Apparently according to this lady that's all perfectly normal behavior.

Wow.

Got into a discussion at a friend's house with a friend of his. As soon as she started with "fans saying Robson always defended MJ only goes so far, I mean, look at Cosby. It took years for these women to come out." I knew I wouldn't get anywhere with this. She also said victims tend to defend and deny for years on end until it's enough and they just" break".

Hey, nevermind other simple facts about Cirque due soleil, or how he begged to be at the memorial. Apparently according to this lady that's all perfectly normal behavior.

Wow.

Or the fact they launched lawsuits against the Estate seeking huge amounts of money!

Just put your trust in me
I'll try not to let you down
(Let you down, let you down)
The job is hard to do
But only we can work this out
'Cause we can help each other to overcome
We can do it
We can do it now
Rejoice everybody
And get the job done

This is from the song, "Show You The Way To Go." I heard it yesterday, while out shopping. Even the clerk knew it was Michael, pre "Off The Wall." I say we put our hand in Michael's and get the job done. We need to finally, once and for all time, end this controversy. Expose this pattern, started by Evan Chandler, the dentist, and his money grab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxxKEMQ4i38

Or the fact they launched lawsuits against the Estate seeking huge amounts of money!

Yeah this should be telling enough. Instead of trying to find justice, I mean you think a actual victim would want that, they sue for money instead.

MJ's song is so, so damn factual if you think about it.

I didn't really follow the Cosby case, but I assume that these women just came forward with their accusations and didn't sue for money right off the bat, right?

I do say do not be afraid to go into site and debate people with fact. I was on one just now and someone posted the fake FBI report. I posted the real one and even showed the FBI admitting that one was fake and they found nothing with a link to the correct file even the CNN correcting that fake report. I shut that hater down. That is what you have to do when it comes to social media. Haters can post but we can back it down and it is nothing they can do because we just put the TRUTH in their face. good thinking people will listen; haters just want to hate and I give them a run for their money. They know you right but they can not face it.

My mind is looking through the storm right now and I've wanted a well produced documentary defending Michael for decades now

If this negitive blurp in history is what triggers a positive responce documentary to all allegations.. I'll go through the thorns for it.. thorns are coming either way so..

Anyone know if the footballer Jesse Lingards moonwalk celebration yesterday had anything to do with this? I’m a Liverpool fan but I’d absolutely love him if he did it for that reason.

I do say do not be afraid to go into site and debate people with fact. I was on one just now and someone posted the fake FBI report. I posted the real one and even showed the FBI admitting that one was fake and they found nothing with a link to the correct file even the CNN correcting that fake report. I shut that hater down. That is what you have to do when it comes to social media. Haters can post but we can back it down and it is nothing they can do because we just put the TRUTH in their face. good thinking people will listen; haters just want to hate and I give them a run for their money. They know you right but they can not face it.

That's the report that Radar Online doctored of the art book to make it look like the children depicted in it were actually nude when they really weren't?

If he were to come out and tell the truth I’d actually respect him. We all know it was his father who started this in the first place. Come on Jordy it’s time to come clean and end this nonsense.
terrell;4238235 said:
FORGIVE ME BUT JORDAN YOU NEED TO BRING YOUR SELF OUT NOW AND CLEAR UP THIS LIE NOW. YOU ARE A GROWN MAN NOW AND CAN FINALLY DO WHAT IS RIGHT BY MICHAEL. THIS IS WRONG on so many levels. I am so angry now I can barley type. And that Dan Reed ticked me off. I can not stand someone who clearly knows nothing want to act like he/she knows more than the people who know more about the case. The can NOT harm MJ physcally no more but we are here and I will fight these clowns and I will not be kind.

Staffordshire Bullterrier;4238241 said:

Wow.

I don’t know of any Cosby accuser who actually defended him. Maybe I missed something. Also, most of the Cosby accuser’s accused him years ago, they all didn’t just suddenly come out. You need to be able to rebuke friends who don’t know the facts. I don’t allow any friend to say things that they can’t back up. You would be surprised st how many people-friend and foe- that I have convinced when I give them the facts. Btw, any friend who is not willing to listen is not really not a friend, IMO. I don’t need friends like that.

dmehta;4238240 said:
For Michael’s legacy to survive these allegations, and to stop other organisations pulling his music if this all blows up, the Estate will at some point need to go on the attack and publicly expose the lies of Wade and Jimmy. This doc has not yet aired on tv, but the mainstream media publications are now picking this up and giving it 5 star reviews, asking if MJ’s music can survive this. It’s not just the tabloids now. It will get worse once the doc airs on TV (apparently it will be on Channel 4 in the UK at the end of February).

Over the last 10 years, MJ’s legacy has largely stayed intact, and grown somewhat, posthumously. There are people out there who have always believed MJ to be guilty, and always will. However there are others who, knowing he was acquitted in 2005, gave him the benefit of the doubt. It is why sales of his music, Cirque du Soleil shows etc have done so well and his Estate has raked in the money.

These latest allegations have the potential to start a movement against against his music, particularly in this age of #metoo.

Let’s be clear - over the last 26 years, we’ve NEVER had one of his accusers sit down and repeat their allegations on TV (except Wade in 2013). Jordan and Gavin never spoke publicly. That makes this potentially more damaging.

My fear is if this blows up, his Cirque show could get pulled, the Broadway show could get pulled, streaming services may decide to pull his music, radio stations may remove him from their playlists.

The Estate need to be prepared for a point coming up where this COULD blow up.

Relax, breathe, calm down. The thing is now we are prepared to give out the facts. The Cirque show is not going anywhere, matter of fact, nothing will disappear. I know things are looking dark right now, but you can't let that beat you down. If you do, they win. We've come too far to turn back. Live your life.

This quote nails it: "Just because it’s graphic, doesn’t mean it’s true. The rush to judgement here is alarming, and dangerous." (link)

Back