Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

For those of us who believe in prayer:

[h=3]Psalm 27[/h][h=4]Of David.[/h][SUP]1 [/SUP]The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

[SUP]2 [/SUP]When the wicked advance against me
to devour[SUP][a][/SUP] me,
it is my enemies and my foes
who will stumble and fall.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then I will be confident.

[SUP]4 [/SUP]One thing I ask from the Lord,
this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
and to seek him in his temple.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
and set me high upon a rock.

[SUP]6 [/SUP]Then my head will be exalted
above the enemies who surround me;
at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make music to the Lord.

[SUP]7 [/SUP]Hear my voice when I call, Lord;
be merciful to me and answer me.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]My heart says of you, “Seek his face!”
Your face, Lord, I will seek.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Do not hide your face from me,
do not turn your servant away in anger;
you have been my helper.
Do not reject me or forsake me,
God my Savior.
[SUP]10 [/SUP]Though my father and mother forsake me,
the Lord will receive me.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]Teach me your way, Lord;
lead me in a straight path
because of my oppressors.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes,
for false witnesses rise up against me,
spouting malicious accusations.

[SUP]13 [/SUP]I remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.

[h=4][/h]

Re: Sundance Festival 2019 - Controversial MJ Documentary "Leaving Neverland"

Holy shit. And these lies are being said in the new "doc" as well? I know there are tons of disgusting things claimed in the "doc", but a lot actually are based on that book by Victor? Unbelievable, and people just eat it up. This needs to be out there!

Yes, unfortunately. And what's more ironic, Victor was involved in some MJ related documentaries and he presents himself as investigative journalist. I think he might be also in this one, but I'm not sure, don't trust me on that.

We need to spread this around as much as we can.

I disagree with this idea of a 'loving relationship' being anything like what really happens with pedophilia. That benign depiction is all part of the con. It gives cover to someone trying to explain why he/she 'didn't know until later," or didn't realize it at the time, etc. It also is totally aligned with the NAMBLA/Gutierrez narrative. When a child is violated sexually by an adult--and we know this happens, sadly--it is horrible, traumatic, a deep betrayal of trust--because it is usually a relative or a neighbor or friend that has that kind of access to a child, unless the child is just abducted/kidnapped. This is not a 'loving relationship" and the child knows it!! You have to read about experts on child abuse and what they say it does to victims. I think it's a fantasy that the child can somehow be brought to a state where he/she does not realize what is happening is wrong, painful, and not normal adult behavior. One expert on this subject wrote a book "True and False Accusations of Child Sex Abuse" by Richard Gardner, the doctor who interviewed Jordan Chandler. He talks about how children respond to this sexual violation and it is things like nightmares, depression, anxiety, not wanting to go to school. etc. This is not a pleasurable experience. It's the NAMBLA agenda that is describing it that way.

I think the Estate should hire Oliver Stone to direct a documentary on how MJ was smeared by corrupt individuals, a corrupt media, and a corrupt legal system. It is true, as someone posted, the media will not want this story to come out, because it will expose their "laziness and bias," as well as their corruption. Oliver Stone has done a lot of investigative type movies--about real life events, such as his movies about Nixon, JFK, Wall St. I think he is the best for the job.

terrell;4238672 said:
For those of us who believe in prayer:

[h=3]Psalm 27[/h][h=4]Of David.[/h][SUP]1 [/SUP]The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

[SUP]2 [/SUP]When the wicked advance against me
to devour[SUP][a][/SUP] me,
it is my enemies and my foes
who will stumble and fall.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then I will be confident.

[SUP]4 [/SUP]One thing I ask from the Lord,
this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
and to seek him in his temple.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
and set me high upon a rock.

[SUP]6 [/SUP]Then my head will be exalted
above the enemies who surround me;
at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make music to the Lord.

[SUP]7 [/SUP]Hear my voice when I call, Lord;
be merciful to me and answer me.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]My heart says of you, “Seek his face!”
Your face, Lord, I will seek.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Do not hide your face from me,
do not turn your servant away in anger;
you have been my helper.
Do not reject me or forsake me,
God my Savior.
[SUP]10 [/SUP]Though my father and mother forsake me,
the Lord will receive me.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]Teach me your way, Lord;
lead me in a straight path
because of my oppressors.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes,
for false witnesses rise up against me,
spouting malicious accusations.

[SUP]13 [/SUP]I remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.

[h=4][/h]

Thank you for this.

I think JC08 was referring to the fact that many (if not most people) consider that "not guity" is not the same as "innocent", especially when it comes to MJ. I agree with you though "innocent until proven guilty" must mean that if you're acquitted then you are innocent in the eyes of the law. Public perception is different.

Trolls will use that all the time - "Not guilty" is not the same as "innocent".

I have stated your point to them very clearly so many times, but they don't agree. Of course, they're idiots.

Defendants in court are called 'defendants' BECAUSE they are defending their innocence.

Otherwise we might as well use the old English method of trying witches - dunk them underwater, and if they drown they are innocent, but if they live they are guilty (and they were burned). :(

people are called "not guilty" even when they are innocent. That is the only term we use. That is why I talk about the trial, who lied, who changed stories, etc on MJ and the testimony. That proved HIS INNOCENCE. MJ did not get a not guilty due to evidence being illegal search, mistake in evidence tampering, etc. Yeah, those people say that until they are in this kind of mess.

Ok, y'all betta get ready to read cause it's been a while since I've been in this thread and I got plenty to say, perhaps too much. But here it goes anyhow.

innuendo141 said:
CNN saying he paid 24 million to settle in 2004. Am, no?

^^^It's only CNN, Nigel. You can't expect them to be accurate. 2004/1994, it's all the same to them. What difference does it make, right? Plus the exact sum, the whys......they don't matter, just as long as they get to paint him as a monster and his fans as delusional, cult-like staunch defenders.

But to be fair to them, in this particular article they did try to show both sides of the story. Although they could have chosen much better tweets from fans. I still remember good ole' Jeffrey Toobin being sooooo sure of himself back on June 13th 2005 that Michael would be found guilty of at least one count. They sure had to eat some crow that day, didn't they? Maybe they need reminding what it tastes like.

jamba;4238678 said:
I disagree with this idea of a 'loving relationship' being anything like what really happens with pedophilia. That benign depiction is all part of the con. It gives cover to someone trying to explain why he/she 'didn't know until later," or didn't realize it at the time, etc. It also is totally aligned with the NAMBLA/Gutierrez narrative. When a child is violated sexually by an adult--and we know this happens, sadly--it is horrible, traumatic, a deep betrayal of trust--because it is usually a relative or a neighbor or friend that has that kind of access to a child, unless the child is just abducted/kidnapped. This is not a 'loving relationship" and the child knows it!! You have to read about experts on child abuse and what they say it does to victims. I think it's a fantasy that the child can somehow be brought to a state where he/she does not realize what is happening is wrong, painful, and not normal adult behavior. One expert on this subject wrote a book "True and False Accusations of Child Sex Abuse" by Richard Gardner, the doctor who interviewed Jordan Chandler. He talks about how children respond to this sexual violation and it is things like nightmares, depression, anxiety, not wanting to go to school. etc. This is not a pleasurable experience. It's the NAMBLA agenda that is describing it that way.

Jamba, I agree with many of the points you make, especially the most disturbing inference to be made from the director’s words and perspective. He truly sounds like a NAMBLA spokesperson, doesn’t he? And by the way of that horrible interview with the LA Times. Is anyone actually surprised they would stoop so low? I mean really, that 'newspaper' has been hating Michael's royal self since before he was born basically. Couldn't expect anything else from them really.

However, I am sad to hear that USA Today allowed themselves to be used like this. If I remember correctly, they were one of the few publications which back in 1994 had the courage to admit that Jordan Chandler's description did NOT match the photographs taken of Michael during that whole ordeal. It's sad to see them now give a platform to this propagator of lies.

It's all quite tragic because they still don't seem to get it, after all these decades, after all these trials - people all over the world, including in America, still love Michael Jackson, people still believe in his innocence, people still embrace his message. They've been sold to the erroneous idea that portraying him as a monster brings in the clicks, the ratings, the sells of their more or less horrid magazines and silly papers, but the reality is the exact opposite - most people, normal, level headed, decent people would much rather tune into the story of the frail, innocent, eccentric man who thrilled the world with his songs and moves than their concocted version of the monster that never was, except only in their dirty minds. And then they have the audacity to wonder why people mistrust them, call them fake news and propaganda tools.

jamba said:
I think the Estate should hire Oliver Stone to direct a documentary on how MJ was smeared by corrupt individuals, a corrupt media, and a corrupt legal system. It is true, as someone posted, the media will not want this story to come out, because it will expose their "laziness and bias," as well as their corruption. Oliver Stone has done a lot of investigative type movies--about real life events, such as his movies about Nixon, JFK, Wall St. I think he is the best for the job.

The one thing I cannot agree with is the assertion of the ‘corrupt legal system’, which I find to be a misplaced generalization. After all, the American legal system, beyond all its limits and failures, by most and where it mattered, it has done right by Michael – two grand juries and no indictment, a not guilty verdict on 14 counts and a decade long FBI investigation which further proved Michael’s innocence, the cases of these latest scammers thrown out of court, hence their need for these despicable performances now.

Do not mistake Sneddon’s prosecutorial misconduct, most probably motivated by racism and need for notoriety, the grifter methods of more than questionable characters that went on to accuse Michael or the collusion of the tabloid media, which in Michael’s case included almost all of the MSM as well, please do not mistake any and all of those for the American legal system. Although there are innocent men who have suffered uselessly, at times for decades, we cannot truly pin point any major issue in which the courts failed to do Michael justice. We must hope and pray it will stay the same.

Same as others, I find the appearance of certain people and certain arguments in this thread slightly worrying, if not disturbing. In today’s age of artificial outrage and contrived cases the presumption of innocence and the right to a fair trial seem to have gone out of the proverbial window. In days of old, they used to be considered basic legal principles and in criminal trials, the burden of proof used to be on the prosecution. Nowadays, it falls on the defendants to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that they are innocent. Such a perspective completely skews the entire process in favor of outlandish, baseless accusations.

Terrell, thanks so much for posting Psalm 27. It really is very special to me, more than you can imagine. It truly feels like we’re back in 2004/2005, doesn’t it? Praying and fasting yet again, hoping that the world will see, same as we, that Michael is so far from the monster they portray him to be. And although there’s no thread goin’ “Is he there yet?”, we still root and fight for him, because we know that truth is on his side and no matter how long it’s gonna take, now, same as then, his good name will be vindicated.

And now, same as then, a most appropriate psalm is also Psalm 35………

Psalm 35
Of David.

1 Contend, Lord, with those who contend with me;
fight against those who fight against me.
2 Take up shield and armor;
arise and come to my aid.
3 Brandish spear and javelin[a]
against those who pursue me.
Say to me,
“I am your salvation.”

4 May those who seek my life
be disgraced and put to shame;
may those who plot my ruin
be turned back in dismay.
5 May they be like chaff before the wind,
with the angel of the Lord driving them away;
6 may their path be dark and slippery,
with the angel of the Lord pursuing them.

7 Since they hid their net for me without cause
and without cause dug a pit for me,
8 may ruin overtake them by surprise—
may the net they hid entangle them,
may they fall into the pit, to their ruin.
9 Then my soul will rejoice in the Lord
and delight in his salvation.
10 My whole being will exclaim,
“Who is like you, Lord?
You rescue the poor from those too strong for them,
the poor and needy from those who rob them.”

11 Ruthless witnesses come forward;
they question me on things I know nothing about.
12 They repay me evil for good
and leave me like one bereaved.
13 Yet when they were ill, I put on sackcloth
and humbled myself with fasting.
When my prayers returned to me unanswered,
14 I went about mourning
as though for my friend or brother.
I bowed my head in grief
as though weeping for my mother.
15 But when I stumbled, they gathered in glee;
assailants gathered against me without my knowledge.
They slandered me without ceasing.
16 Like the ungodly they maliciously mocked;
they gnashed their teeth at me.
17 How long, Lord, will you look on?
Rescue me from their ravages,
my precious life from these lions.

18 I will give you thanks in the great assembly;
among the throngs I will praise you.
19 Do not let those gloat over me
who are my enemies without cause;
do not let those who hate me without reason
maliciously wink the eye.
20 They do not speak peaceably,
but devise false accusations
against those who live quietly in the land.
21 They sneer at me and say, “Aha! Aha!
With our own eyes we have seen it.”
22 Lord, you have seen this; do not be silent.
Do not be far from me, Lord.

23 Awake, and rise to my defense!
Contend for me, my God and Lord.
24 Vindicate me in your righteousness, Lord my God;
do not let them gloat over me.
25 Do not let them think, “Aha, just what we wanted!”
or say, “We have swallowed him up.”

26 May all who gloat over my distress
be put to shame and confusion;
may all who exalt themselves over me
be clothed with shame and disgrace.
27 May those who delight in my vindication
shout for joy and gladness;
may they always say, “The Lord be exalted,
who delights in the well-being of his servant.”

28 My tongue will proclaim your righteousness,
your praises all day long.

I was very happy to see the latest statements from the Estate and the family. I trust they will do all they can to defend Michael. I still remember how fans were doubting Michael’s change of lawyer from Mark Geragos to the now legendary Thomas Mesereau. We all know how baseless those worries were.

I suggest we do the same now and have faith that there are plenty of good people out there who will once again fight the good fight on Michael’s behalf. I’m sure plenty of them will be faces known to us all and hopefully even some new ones will join them. All we can do is encourage them, pray for them and try to make others see the righteousness of our cause – the defense of a beautiful soul of a man, who tried to bring solace and light into the world and in return was faced with so much of its darkness.

I think the way the estate is handling this is shambolic. All they did was put out some statement but didn't do anything else (that we know of) it's like they don't really care about MJ and just want to release compilation albums every 2-3 years. No wonder Michael felt isolated and couldn't trust anyone.

Terrell
, thanks so much for posting Psalm 27. It really is very special to me, more than you can imagine. It truly feels like we’re back in 2004/2005, doesn’t it? Praying and fasting yet again, hoping that the world will see, same as we, that Michael is so far from the monster they portray him to be. And although there’s no thread goin’ “
Is he there yet?
”, we still root and fight for him, because we know that truth is on his side and no matter how long it’s gonna take, now, same as then, his good name will be vindicated.

You are welcome. I am taking this to a higher power who can take care of all of MJ's enemies. And thank you for Psalms 35.

I think the way the estate is handling this is shambolic. All they did was put out some statement but didn't do anything else (that we know of) it's like they don't really care about MJ and just want to release compilation albums every 2-3 years. No wonder Michael felt isolated and couldn't trust anyone.
Give it time. It is too early to judge them. Everything is timing. We will see.

For a little lighting up...
Michael Trapson will take care of them. :)

Yes, unfortunately. And what's more ironic, Victor was involved in some MJ related documentaries and he presents himself as investigative journalist. I think he might be also in this one, but I'm not sure, don't trust me on that.

We need to spread this around as much as we can.

This guy is just too much. I haven't watched any news show and thus haven't seen how people react to what is being said about the doc, except for that i read here that RTL Boulevard was disgusted by it, the details. And that is no wonder when it's based on a sick fantasy of that Victor guy. How sick of W&S too just get their lies from there, and I'm sure Dan Reed was aware of that as well. There's so much wrong with this world.

I read some things about when Wade was being questioned back in 2005 and where he denied any wrongdoing on MJ's part. One question was if he had slept in his bed and if anything happened, and if he understood what was meant with that question. He said he was well aware, he's fooling nobody when he's now (or more like in 2015) claimed that he wasn't aware of how wrong the abuse was until he had a child of his own. He obviously knew what the person meant that questioned him in 2005. What a piece of shit.

Wade didn't realise anything when getting grilled by some of the meanest prosecutors in the land, yet in the space of a few weeks of light counselling he's suddenly seen the light?

There is so much I want to say. And a lot of it may not make sense, but here goes ...

This too shall pass, but until it does we have to be pragmatic. There were always be those for whom Michael will forever be a child molester. There are those who will never believe that he was. Then there are those in-between. These are the ones that we need to make sure that they have evidence, because this group of people who are an important part of assuring Michael's enduring legacy (they like the music, they will see a show and so on).

But we have to keep in mind that it ain't that serious for some people, and they don't care. Not the way that it is important to us.

In light of these things, we need to be the first to frame the narrative - in a way that is factual, clear and concise. That way, people who are willing to use their critical thinking skills, will (hopefully) understand where we are coming from.

To be honest, I think that R Kelly is guilty. And I think this because of the news that I have skimmed and because of the accusations/rumours in the past. R Kelly is not important to my life in any way, so I am not going to do any research to find out the truth. And as much as we know that the two situations are not comparable, people feel the same way about Michael. It may anger and upset us, but it is what it is.

Having said that, the difference I have noted is the quality of the defense. I really haven't seen much of a defense of Kelly.

But, as other posters have pointed out, as we frame the narrative we have to move beyond the 'he was a wonderful, sweet person who would never do that'. There are so many 'wonderful, sweet people' who do monstrous things. I feel the focus needs to be on those making the allegations - critically dissecting what they claim.

I am always amazed at how much mis-information is out there. It was reminded of this during the whole Eagles debacle last year. People don't read critically. Journalists are not careful as they should be with the information that they put out there. Therefore we have to be vigilant, because decades from now, our work may be the only form of serious, factual documentation on life and work of Michael Jackson.

Lastly, we need to be careful not to be narrow-minded, zealous, cult-like. It does us no favours. We can be passionate in our defense, but we must also be open to understanding the points of view of others, even as we point out why we disagree with them. We do not help Michael if people just see as fans with blinders on.

That's my two cents.

Wade didn't realise anything when getting grilled by some of the meanest prosecutors in the land, yet in the space of a few weeks of light counselling he's suddenly seen the light?

Yeah it's absolutely ridiculous and this should be known to all the people that have seen the news on it and think differently of him now or worse, believe it all.

Problem is, we're powerless except for being able to write the facts in comment sections and things like that. But still a lot of people will miss out on that. I think only a big doc from MJ's people and have it aired on a big network or even the cinema for all I care can bring a much needed change.

We'll just have to wait and see what the estate is going to do. Let's just hope they actually have something in the planning because if these statements is all there is..... not good. Should we appreciate these statements? Oh yes, but much more needs to be done.

Unfortunately there are three things about this that we didn't have in 1993 and 2005: social media, graphic details, and the Me Too movement. That is a powerful perfect storm to make people wanna reevaluate everything. I don't think it will be enough for the Estate to take the "let's just focus on Michael's music" approach, unfortunately--all it takes is some very high profile person to make MJ the next person we should "cancel" and there's a good chance it could work.

Of course, because of the graphic details, maybe people won't want to watch. And I'm sure not everyone will be convinced--I did read at least a couple people who saw it at Sundance did not find it compelling. It's scary because there's no way to know how the broader public will react once it's on TV.

I appreciate Taj's defense but I do think the Estate needs to use their money and resources to very strongly get in front of this thing.

God, it sucks having to go through this again.

Honestly, what are they going to do?

I heard that an estate representative (some say it was Branca but that's unconfirmed) was in attendance for the Sundance premiere in the hopes that the documentary included ANYTHING that could spark a lawsuit and delay the release, but it didn't. If there's any behind the scenes action taking place, we don't know about it.

But as it stands, there's absolutely nothing they can do.

Whatever pro mj documentary may be coming, timing is key.. I think we need to really somehow push it to have some type of release shortly after this one airs on tv..

To get the highest attention it needs to be when it's most relevant and set up as 'clap back'..

To our knowledge the project taj is working on is the only project in works apposing this for sure? Did I miss anything?

And people have to know most people in MJ age range especially men were jealous of him. Ms. Katherine talked about this in her book.

Michael talked about his childhood in his autobiography. He had to deal with working on the Chitlin' Circuit, which included strip joints. His smelling of women's panties during the age of 5 to 10, even fighting over watching the strippers in the bathroom. Joe Jackson wanted his kid's to make it in Show Business and this is what the Jackson 5 had to do it to make it to the big time. On television in the 1960's were the Lennon sisters on Lawrence Welk and the Osmond Brothers on Andy Williams. The Osmond Brothers and the Jackson 5 were about the same age.

Michael didn't deal with being molested, he dealt with adult women and their being naked for a living. This was the sexual crap he had to deal with, having no childhood and being treated more as an adult than a little kid. This is the empathy he felt for these boys who he befriended. He understood their pain of having to earn a living for the family. Or that of being lonely and feeling like no one understood what you were dealing with.

Now Michael's empathy has turned him into a villian according to James and Wade. Michael wanted to be like Jesus Christ in letting the children come to him. Adults didn't want children bothering such an important individual, like the Son of God. This did make Michael happy, helping others, which Jesus taught while ministering to others while on earth.

Smut is smut and that is all this documentary is. Keep up the fine fight everybody!

<iframe width="786" height="442" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TlmWiTHNbxs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wade's about the be in the news big time.... His story about going to stay with Micheal Jackson.... Working with Britney Spears and NSYNC.... Creating and Directing... Teaching... All as a teenager... Incredible story about visualising and chasing dreams.

https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/01/...about-happily-being-discovered-by-king-of-pop

Here&#8217;s a &#8220;lost&#8221; video just posted on You Tube January 25th. It&#8217;s an Australian interview with Wade Robson, Michael Jackson&#8217;s accuser in &#8220;Leaving Neverland.&#8221; I don&#8217;t think this is in the new documentary. Wade happily recalls being discovered by Michael as a 5 year old, and how Jackson &#8220;sponsored&#8221; him and his family in their move to L.A. Around 2:10 Wade picks up the story. Thanks to Troy Krajancic from Auckland, New Zealand for finding the video. I guess it&#8217;s possible Wade was in total denial during the interview, or he deserves an Oscar. But he&#8217;s smiling and laughing as he reminisces, there&#8217;s no sign that he&#8217;s discussing his childhood abuser. It&#8217;s unclear when this was taped, but Wade is 36 now, he couldn&#8217;t have been less than 26 then.

pride.jpg

<iframe width="786" height="442" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9yTTEwBLfUQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RazörFist goes off about a new Michael Jackson "Documentary" that should have been filed under the "Fantasy" category.

I have to say, if this documentary airs, and enough people watch it, it will ultimately destroy Michael's legacy and the love people have for him.
Based on the reviews, it's a very devastating documentary.

At this point, regardless of whether or not Michael molested boys, to which non of us for sure know, he's dead. That's what pisses me off about the documentary but what is the point of releasing this documentary accusing a dead man who cannot defend himself of the worst accusations one could face. They both had an opportunity in 2005 to testify against Michael and get him put away, yet they didn't.

Regardless, even as a big fan myself, I will not go as to 100% discredit their claims, because I was not there. I just question the timing and motive of their decision.

Back