Controversial MJ Documentary Leaving Neverland [GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD]

I'm not sure do my mother has this on tape or not. this is her favorite episode so i'm pretty sure she does. we need to get our VHSs transfer as well. :)

I'm them too who refused to watch that defaming $#|^. If I'd watch listening to all of this I go into a breakdown and destroy everything in my house.

LOL! (y)

high-five-michael-jackson-24074187-500-394.gif

You are so lucky! make sure you treasure that. that's apart of Michael history and the simpsons. very important now since they remove it. :cry:

I am glad. And I have the BART MAN Dance Song video which Bart refer to Michael; and at the end of the song Bart say "Eat your heart out Michael.:D

I love Michael but some fans are really starting to sacred me. Michael wasn't a GOD. this probably why non fans look at half of us like we nuts. :unsure:

So does that mean that...?

It means they put presentation/feels over facts.

Glad to see some positivity in here. I only took a break for a day but I'm glad I came back in, if only for a brief moment.

NatureCriminal7896;4263653 said:
I love Michael but some fans are really starting to sacred me. Michael wasn't a GOD. this probably why non fans look at half of us like we nuts. :unsure:

Who cares how non-fans look at MJ fans? These same people look at their favorites the same way as we do. The fans of Beyoncé, Prince, Madonna,Janet and others are as obsessive or more than MJ fans in supporting their favorites. I have never cared or worried about what others think of me for being a MJ fan. Non-fans use that ploy to make MJ fans stop defending or being passionate about supporting Michael. That crap doesn’t work with longtime fans like me and other longtime fans. That only works with newer, younger and/or bandwagon fans. MJ fans need to be aware and smart enough to know when they are being played by non-fans.

NatureCriminal7896;4263656 said:
What did they said?

I forgot, I wanted to save it and show it, but I never got the chance. Yet I still have saved in my Hotmail inbox, but now I can’t get to my inbox because Hotmail is gonna keep screwing with me.

somewhereinthedark;4263665 said:
I have never cared or worried about what others think of me for being a MJ fan. Non-fans use that ploy to make MJ fans stop defending or being passionate about supporting Michael. That crap doesn’t work with longtime fans like me and other longtime fans. That only works with newer, younger and/or bandwagon fans. MJ fans need to be aware and smart enough to know when they are being played by non-fans.

Your right. i see it happens all the time.

Who cares how non-fans look at MJ fans? These same people look at their favorites the same way as we do. The fans of Beyoncé, Prince, Madonna,Janet and others are as obsessive or more than MJ fans in supporting their favorites. I have never cared or worried about what others think of me for being a MJ fan. Non-fans use that ploy to make MJ fans stop defending or being passionate about supporting Michael. That crap doesn’t work with longtime fans like me and other longtime fans. That only works with newer, younger and/or bandwagon fans. MJ fans need to be aware and smart enough to know when they are being played by non-fans.

Exactly, I don't give a toss what people think of me being an MJ fan, I very proud to be one, I believe in MJs innocence so much that yesterday I got my first tattoo at the age of 49, its a tribute to the best artist the world has ever seen and I will show it off with pride

It means they put presentation/feels over facts.

Glad to see some positivity in here. I only took a break for a day but I'm glad I came back in, if only for a brief moment.

Glad your feeling better, don't bottle feelings up we are hear to listen if you're having a bad day, there is always going to be positive and negative stuff about Michael but we are going to have to deal with it I'm afraid, your not alone we all love MJ that's why we are here

We all know Disney owns "The Simpsons" now, as mentioned a couple of months back, I heard that since Disney owns The Simpsons, they refuse to let Disney change the contents like they did with "Family Guy" is not funny and much too stale anyways and Yeardley Smith stated that she believes that the upcoming season is in a possibility of not going to happen going to cancel the show completely. Well good I want them cancelled and even if the upcoming season is gonna happen I'm still gonna boycott it hard and I haven't been watching it all too much since those idiots Groening, Brooks and Jean decided to kill the episode off which is my favourite episode in the entire show. My brother still has it on PVR which is good though.

I wouldn't be surprise if does get cancelled. it's been on the air way too long and stories are not like it use to be and all their doing is repeating the same stories over and over again. me and mother like the early seasons of the show. yeah not so keen with these people anymore either. sad to know they doing this to mike for all the things he did with this show and were a big fan of it. :cry: treasure that episode since they remove it. it's apart of Michael and the simpsons history. very important. (y)

Last edited:

And people who judge MJ often have more drama is their lives and that is why they judge MJ. It makes them feel better about their pitiful lives.

Exactly, I don't give a toss what people think of me being an MJ fan, I very proud to be one, I believe in MJs innocence so much that yesterday I got my first tattoo at the age of 49, its a tribute to the best artist the world has ever seen and I will show it off with pride

I agree. For me, I never had a problem.

And some people trash people you like because they want to get under your skin. It is like if you say you like apples, they must say they like oranges even though they have apples in their home.

I agree. For me, I never had a problem.

Nope me neither, always loved him and always will and the few morons that say they think he's guilty do it cause they know it will get a reaction from his true fans, they know MJ didn't do anything but they can't stand to admit it, sad people who don't deserve anything

And my VCRs still work.

Your very lucky because we don't have no VCR anymore. VCRs doesn't exist anymore and the only way to get them is to buy them online which cost about 100 of dollars. we had alot of VCRs but some people kept breaking them.:\ you never know what you have until it's gone. that's why always cherish my stuff.

Can't see this already posted. Apologies if duplicate:

Statement by the Michael Jackson Estate regarding the Emmys
Hi #MJFam:

The Emmy Nominations are not only a blow to the credibility of the awards, but to journalism everywhere. The Estate has received a deluge of messages regarding the nominations, expressing concern from the fan community about the effect this will have on Michael’s legacy. The Estate shares the following message with you.

STATEMENT FROM THE ESTATE

We have heard from many fans in connection with the recent announcement of Emmy nominations in the US. We share your outrage and disappointment that the disgraceful one-sided smear Leaving Neverland was nominated for potential Creative Arts Emmys by the Television Academy.

As you know, the Estate has spent years and considerable sums defending Michael and his estate against false allegations made by the two subjects of Leaving Neverland. When those individuals took their case to HBO having thus far failed in court, we wasted no time in filing a major lawsuit at considerable time and expense against HBO that remains active, attracted worldwide attention and which HBO has taken very seriously.

We also participated in public seminars highlighting the egregious bias of Leaving Neverland– at both Harvard and UCLA – which were covered extensively in the media. We have issued numerous public statements defending Michael, calling into question the motivations not only of the participants in the film but also the motivations of those who would choose to support the discredited liars and filmmaker who spread uncorroborated, unsubstantiated claims against a man who is no longer here to defend himself.

As we have indicated in prior statements, there are and will continue to be things that we do behind the scenes (including support offered to Taj Jackson), most of which will never become public. We recognize that in our unique position we must be thoughtful in whatever actions we take given that we are dealing with a network, filmmaker, plaintiffs’ attorneys and, in some cases, hostile media who are looking to seize on anything we do to advance their agendas and create publicity for this film. While we share the anger those who love Michael feel, we nonetheless must continue to balance our passion to speak out, against what best serves Michael’s legacy and not give those who wish to destroy him the excuse and opportunity they are looking for to try to further denigrate him. We know this is not what the fans want either.

As far as these specific Emmy nominations are concerned, as you may have noticed the media has actually given very little attention to them. So while we can confirm that we informed the Academy of our views regarding the absurdity of nominating for any award four hours of propaganda built on provable lies, it is important to keep in mind that, while not emotionally satisfying to restrain ourselves from speaking out publicly, we don’t want to do anything to effectively aid HBO, the filmmaker and the subjects of the film in seeking to promote this movie in any way. That includes aiding this and other self-serving campaigns they undertake for potential awards nobody will even remember who won a year or two from now.

After screening at Sundance and then playing on HBO, several lies were exposed in Leaving Neverland. The Estate, fans, foreign and African American media and even everyday viewers found holes in the film exposing its appalling lack of credibility and journalistic integrity. Our best course is to continue to shed light on an arrogant director who violated every basic journalistic standard of fairness in making his movie. No self-serving “award” will ever validate his decision to avoid anyone with a counterpoint of view, nor will it ever justify his inexcusable failure to fact check, fill the gaping holes of his timeline or absolve him for recklessly disparaging the reputations of Michael Jackson and others.

HBO’s reprehensible participation in disparaging Michael’s reputation by financing and supporting this infomercial has been frustrating for all of us over the last several months. But we are committed to protecting and preserving Michael’s incredible legacy. HBO and the film’s director were hoping they would mute Michael Jackson. They didn’t. No nominations or potential awards will change that.

We also want to take this opportunity to thank the fans for all of the time, energy and, in some cases, money you have invested in the defense of Michael. You can be assured that we are aware of those efforts and genuinely appreciate everything you do to support Michael and his legacy.

--- The Estate of Michael Jackson

Nope me neither, always loved him and always will and the few morons that say they think he's guilty do it cause they know it will get a reaction from his true fans, they know MJ didn't do anything but they can't stand to admit it, sad people who don't deserve anything

Your right. people can't accept that Michael was a well behave man with innocence. it's bothers them so bad. they want at least one or a few things bad about him. it's makes those people jealous.

Your right. people can't accept that Michael was a well behave man with innocence. it's bothers them so bad. they want at least one or a few things bad about him. it's makes those people jealous.

put it this way. angel who was brought to earth and since we live in an evil world. they destroy him because he was too much. and he was also black. Michael is an perfect example how cruel,awful,and evil this earth is. :gross:

Put it this way folks. everybody was jealous of Michael. while people loved him there and still is people who hate him. like i said jealously is an very serious emotion and can hurt you or someone if you're not careful.

Back